Monarch/Gog/SBP vs Odin/Thanos/Depowered Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KMC_Drifter
Monarch is at full power in the current arc....Gog is at his most powerful...with the power of the Quintessance...and of course SBP. They take on Odin...Thanos with the power gem...and Depowered Tyrant. Who takes this fight?

Galan007
Team 1.

Gecko4lif
team 1

WrathfulDwarf
Team 1

(Do I hear an echo coming?)

Erik-Lensherr
laughing out loud

batdude123
Team 1...

KMC_Drifter
If Tyrant was at Full power, would it make a difference?

Soljer
Thanos already prepared for this specific encounter.

He solos.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
If Tyrant was at Full power, would it make a difference?
It would give team 2 the win

batdude123
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
It would give team 2 the win

I'm not so sure about that yet.

To this date, we still haven't seen an upper limit to Monarch's powers.

Galan007
Originally posted by batdude123
To this date, we still haven't seen an upper limit to Monarch's powers. thumb up

All we know is that 3 GL's, and damn near every alternate CA the Multiverse has to offer -- were absolutely nothing in comparison.

Soljer
I'm not so sure about that yet.

To this date, we still haven't seen an upper limit to Monarch's powers.

Would you say that it is safe to say that Monarch is not, however, as powerful as the Monitors, considering the fact that he arranged an army to combat them?

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Would you say that it is safe to say that Monarch is not, however, as powerful as the Monitors, considering the fact that he arranged an army to combat them? Is Monarch more powerful than all the Monitors at once? Doubtful.

Is Monarch more powerful than each individual Monitor? More than likely.

batdude123
Would you say that it is safe to say that Monarch is not, however, as powerful as the Monitors, considering the fact that he arranged an army to combat them?

Well, considering the fact that he also stated that all of the Monitors combined couldn't even scratch his armor... undecided.

He could be doing it just out of pure overkill.

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

All we know is that 3 GL's, and damn near every alternate CA the Multiverse has to offer -- were absolutely nothing in comparison.

Countdown Arena 4 was one of the most impressive top tier ownings I've ever seen.

Soljer
Is Monarch more powerful than all the Monitors at once? Doubtful.

You might notice that I said "the Monitors" and not "a Monitor."

Galan007
You might notice that I said "the Monitors" and not "a Monitor." And you might notice I said this first:
Is Monarch more powerful than all the Monitors at once? Doubtful.

Subsequently followed by this:

stick out tongue

Gecko4lif
His durability might be enough to deal with all monitors at once but i doubt he is really that powerful

I think he could defeat 2-3 at a time max

Estacado
Prime vs Monarch at the end of Countdown?

batdude123
His durability might be enough to deal with all monitors at once but i doubt he is really that powerful

I think he could defeat 2-3 at a time max

And going by that logic, he could just stand there and pick them off one by one until they're all down.

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
Prime vs Monarch at the end of Countdown? And??

Soljer
And you might notice I said this first:

Subsequently followed by this:

stick out tongue

Meaning that half of what you said was entirely unnecessary. stick out tongue.

Estacado
And??
Just saying.....uhuh

Gecko4lif
And going by that logic, he could just stand there and pick them off one by one until they're all down.
Assuming they just stand there blast him

But these are the monitors.

They have tech and other means of attack then just blasting him.

Galan007
Meaning that half of what you said was entirely unnecessary. stick out tongue. uhuh, for you.

Just saying.....uhuh uhuh uhuh, for you.

Galan007
But these are the monitors. Monitors which sadly enough, aren't much more then weak shells of their former self . jr_erm02

batdude123
Assuming they just stand there blast him

But these are the monitors.

They have tech and other means of attack then just blasting him.

Like what? What other method could be employed by the Monitors to bring down Monarch?

As far as I've seen, blasting is the best chance they have. And they wouldn't BFR him because he's too much of a threat to be kept out there undefeated. Plus he can traverse between different dimensions easily.

Soljer
Like what? What other method could be employed by the Monitors to bring down Monarch?

As far as I've seen, blasting is the best chance they have. And they wouldn't BFR him because he's too much of a threat to be kept out there undefeated.

Wouldn't it be more along the lines of "...and they couldn't BFR him because he can, very easily, travel between dimensions"?

batdude123
Wouldn't it be more along the lines of "...and they couldn't BFR him because he can, very easily, travel between dimensions"?

And there's that too...

He isn't limited to a specific universe.

Estacado
uhuh, for you.

uhuh uhuh, for you.
So will it happen?estahuh

Galan007
So will it happen?estahuh If Monitor doesn't provide Prime with what he needs in a timely fashion -- Prime will not only rip Monitor's limbs off, but he'll shove said extremeties up teh ass.

ermmhappy

Soljer
If Monitor doesn't provide Prime with what he needs in a timely fashion -- Prime will not only rip Monitor's limbs off, but he'll shove said extremeties up teh ass.

ermmhappy

I thought Estacado asked about Prime vs. Monarch, not Prime vs. that Monitor.

Gecko4lif
And there's that too...

He isn't limited to a specific universe. Do the same thing they did to DD

Time stream brf

Time traveling isnt one of his powers it would seem

TricksterPriest
IIRC, didn't Monarch claim he was already more powerful than all 52 Monitors combined before he pwned every CA in the multiverse? I think it was when he snagged Forerunner, I could be wrong.

Galan007
I thought Estacado asked about Prime vs. Monarch, not Prime vs. that Monitor. You're right..

Anyhow,
I still feel the same thing would happen -- imo, Prime is pretty much untouchable at this stage in the game.

Galan007
I'm also curious what exactly happened to the alternate CA's at the end of Arena?

It looked to me like Monarch absorbed them -- if so he could have potentially obtained a power-boost, no?

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
IIRC, didn't Monarch claim he was already more powerful than all 52 Monitors combined before he pwned every CA in the multiverse? I think it was when he snagged Forerunner, I could be wrong.

Actions speak louder than words. It is possible that he was just posturing in front of people that have no reason to disbelieve him.

If you told a group of four year olds that you're stronger than Ryan Kennelly and proceeded to show that you're much, much stronger than every single one of the toddlers simultaneously, they'd have little reason to doubt.

However, if you also enlisted those toddler's help to try to take out Ryan, I think it'd show that you weren't all that confident in your power.

Though, if you can remind me which issue this was (yeah, I know there were only four, sue me), I can verify that for you.

batdude123
I'm also curious what exactly happened to the alternate CA's at the end of Arena?

It looked to me like Monarch absorbed them -- if so he could have potentially obtained a power-boost, no?

Yes, he absorbed them into himself. He even mentions that he absorbs the powers of the losers in Arena to make himself even more powerful.

batdude123
Though, if you can remind me which issue this was (yeah, I know there were only four, sue me), I can verify that for you.

I think he means Countdown #44.

Estacado
You're right..

Anyhow,
I still feel the same thing would happen -- imo, Prime is pretty much untouchable at this stage in the game.
I think the same since he will have his mini written by Geoff this year.

Soljer
I think he means Countdown #44.

Quite a while ago. I don't even have said issue with me.

Soljer
I think the same since he will have his mini written by Geoff this year.

I thought he was getting Prime for an arc in the Superman (and/or Action Comics) series?

Estacado
Quite a while ago. I don't even have said issue with me.
Then go to C:/downloads/comics......uhuh

Galan007
Yes, he absorbed them into himself. He even mentions that he absorbs the powers of the losers in Arena to make himself even more powerful. Theoretically,
He should have no equal.

leonidas
team dc without much trouble. fp tyrant would make things tougher and pretty much an unresolvable question since we don't know the limits of monarch. when gog was granted power by the quintessence, did he still retain his hypertime powers? and i know he was above skyfather in that incarnation, but how FAR above skyfather was he?

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
when gog was granted power by the quintessence, did he still retain his hypertime powers? I'm pretty sure that's when he gained said powers.

Soljer
Theoretically,
He should have no equal.

Except for Superman Prime after his Guardian-Energy bath. stick out tongue.

Estacado
I thought he was getting Prime for an arc in the Superman (and/or Action Comics) series?
Oh.....I guess I was wrong then......mmm

Soljer
Oh.....I guess I was wrong then......mmm

I could be mistaken. I remember reading the interview, but can't recall whether he was getting Prime for a comic that was currently running, but one that he was not currently writing (making Superman the obvious choice candidate) or for a mini.

I thought it was the former, but, as said, I could easily be mistaken. smile.

Galan007
Except for Superman Prime after his Guardian-Energy bath. stick out tongue. Do you disagree?

Hell,
Prime's punching tantrums were ultimately responsible for bringing back the Multiverse.... Pre-boost.

Soljer
Do you disagree?

Hell,
Prime's punching tantrums were ultimately responsible for bringing back the Multiverse.... Pre-boost.

Yeah, but too many people act like Prime was just punching air, rather than his locale having anything to do with the retcon-punches.

leonidas
I'm pretty sure that's when he gained said powers.

so he was able to pull skyfather-level versions of himself from hypertime? if he could do that, he solos the other team effortlessly every time -- regardless of tyrant's level. he just needs to pull a 1000 skyfather versions of himself from hypertime and send them against the other team. not sure he could do that though. if he COULD he'd truly be one badass mofo . . .

Estacado
The reason why Monarch is so powerful........uhuh
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1766/caek0.th.jpg

batdude123
Do the same thing they did to DD

Waverider's technology accomplished that... the Monitors had nothing to do with it.

batdude123
team dc without much trouble.

Speculation. So far, we haven't seen Monarch being given trouble by anybody.

Galan007
so he was able to pull skyfather-level versions of himself from hypertime? if he could do that, he solos the other team effortlessly every time -- regardless of tyrant's level. he just needs to pull a 1000 skyfather versions of himself from hypertime and send them against the other team. not sure he could do that though. if he COULD he'd truly be one badass mofo . . . There is absolutely no reason he would not be able to do that...

All he would need to do is pull a version of himself from each previous second of time until he obtained the amount of Gog troops he wanted.

Soljer
Does no one know whether Prime will be getting a mini or appearing in Superman?

I've been waiting for someone to either correct me or confirm it. stick out tongue.

Galan007
Yeah, but too many people act like Prime was just punching air, rather than his locale having anything to do with the retcon-punches. Same coin,
Too many people act like if you put anyone in that locale, they would be able to achieve the same results -- which is not necessarily the case.

Even Rip Hunter , found that particular display of Prime's, utterly ridiculous.

Gecko4lif
Waverider's technology accomplished that... the Monitors had nothing to do with it.
Like the gaurdains of all of existence cant do the same thing roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Like the gaurdains of all of existence cant do the same thing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nope, they haven't demonstrated the ability to. Unless you can find some proof that suggests they're capable of such. smile

Galan007
Like the gaurdains of all of existence cant do the same thing roll eyes (sarcastic) You'da thunk the 'Guardians of all existence' would have done something like that the first time they met DD, huh?

TricksterPriest
Same coin,
Too many people act like if you put anyone in that locale, they would be able to achieve the same results -- which is not necessarily the case.

Even Rip Hunter , found that particular display of Prime's, utterly ridiculous.

Pre-Crisis Superdickery ftw. superdur

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d3/KANpee.jpg

leonidas
There is absolutely no reason he would not be able to do that...

All he would need to do is pull a version of himself from each previous second of time until he obtained the amount of Gog troops he wanted.

if he had that ability, no speculation is necessary. dc crushes them.

TricksterPriest
It's well within his limits to be able to do that. Didn't a weaker version of Gog do that in Gog Wars?

Galan007
It's well within his limits to be able to do that. Didn't a weaker version of Gog do that in Gog Wars? Yes.

leonidas
yeah. i just wasn't sure if their powersets were the same is all.

Gecko4lif
You'da thunk the 'Guardians of all existence' would have done something like that the first time they met DD, huh?
Have they met him?

Tattoos N Scars
bump

quanchi112
Pre-Crisis Superdickery ftw. superdur

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d3/KANpee.jpg A blast from the past.

carver9
Team 2, all day. Monarch is overrated.

celeyhyga17
Team 1 wins
6.5/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.