Yoda VS Dooku deleted scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
I bought and watched the Episode II DVD. I was pissed that there was no deleted scene of Dooku fighting Yoda with two lightsabers at once. mad

Yet, I've seen a photo of dooku holding his red lightsaber and Obi-Wan's blue lightsaber. eek!

I wonder if that was purely rumor or something else. confused

Ushgarak
Yes, as originally shot, Dooku used two sabres at one point. You can see the rehearshal footage on the DVD.

LanceWindu
They should have kept it in.

Maybe it was too hard to animate for the animators.

Tex
ILM fired a bunch of people a couple months ago.
Not enough staff to complete everything we would have wanted to see.

Mujaffa
to bad

Ushgarak
I would be surprised if the footage was not already completed, just GL saw no reason to put it in. It's not like the DCS raid that was never finished.

finti
So were is the lost twenty thing

Ushgarak
It's all those small bits that got left out. The Lost Twenty thing- assuming it was not just rumour- was part of the scene in the Archives, the two-sabres bit part of the swordfight... it is only whole new bits they put in, not extra bits of existing scenes.

Now, the DCS raid was not only never finished, they even put Ki-Adi Mundi in the opening attack on the arena instead of at the DCS where he would have been, effectively destroying it from any form of canon...

ToMacco
I think they should have had a longer fight with Anakin holding two sabres. He only had two for like 10 seconds before Dooku cut it in half.

LanceWindu
And after that only a few seconds before Anakin's arm was sliced.

ToMacco
I still think it's dumb how fast Obi-wan was defeated.

Ushgarak
Dooku was THAT much better, is all. Obi-Wan will get his big chance to shine again in ep. iii

ToMacco
Yeah, he's gonna whop Anakin.

finti
but he be a chicken and hide out in the end though

Julie
ummmm haven't you been paying attention to the forum???? I think that there was a thread that listed all of the deleted scenes before the dvd was released.

Bespin Bart
Yeah, he is a chicken at the end of the film, Fint. But wouldn't you go into hiding if two Sith Lords and their army went after you???

finti
No I would kick their ass evil face

queeq
You would, that is why GL didn't cast you. You'd spoil the trilogy and make Anakin/Vader look like a sissy.

justinday15
I would have loved to see Dooku vs. Yoda with 2 lightsabers.

Dexx
yoda's still better...2 sabers or not.

finti
Yoda is such a small target to hit , Dooku held fine aginst his quick attacks but the fact that yoda is small and very mobile makes him very hard to get a hold off. This was Yodas advantage in the fight.

hayden's minx
Y'know in Episode 3 when Obi is gona whoop anakin into a molten pit do daa. Does anyone recall the name of the planet mentioned in a dark horse comic years back? cause as I recall it's not in the episode 2 book map of all planets thingy but I can't remember the name anyone else?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.