Darkseid vs. Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Let's get it on!!!

llagrok
Surtur takes a large majority, even without his sword.

Thorion
Heh heh, Surtur punks him. Darkseid doesn't have a shot in hell. Surtur, 9/10. Unless It's Kirby Darkseid..

Gecko4lif
surtur couldnt beat odin

he isnt beating DS

Thorion
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
surtur couldnt beat odin

he isnt beating DS

You actually think Darkseid could beat Odin?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Thorion
You actually think Darkseid could beat Odin?
Yes

Thorion
Yes

If you think current 'Seid can beat Odin, then more power to you.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Thorion
If you think current 'Seid can beat Odin, then more power to you.
current seid is kind of a toss up

Larceny
Yes

Then you're delusional. That or simply ignorant.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Larceny
Then you're delusional. That or simply ignorant.
Dont you talk to me like that you lout.

Larceny
Dont you talk to me like that you lout.

Wow...... I'm threatened.

As said, anyone who honestly believes DS can defeat Odin is either delusional or ignorant.

Gecko4lif

As said, anyone who honestly believes DS can defeat Odin is either delusional or ignorant. You wanna take this outside holmes?

I cut you.

I cut you deep.

Larceny
You wanna take this outside holmes?

I cut you.

I cut you deep.

And from delusional he enters insane.

Thorion
And from delusional he enters insane.

laughing

Cosmic Cube
Deirkseid gets a good ass-raping.

Thanos couldn't even beat Surtur.

skyfather
surtur

Symmetric Chaos
Surtur steps on him erm

leonidas
on apokalips ds takes it imo. on neutral ground ds has a shot. depends entirely on how the OE would affect surtur and as always there is very little in the way of evidence to suggest just what exactly the OE would do to someone of surtur's level.

current ds with partial ale would win this, imo.

Larceny
Originally posted by leonidas
on apokalips ds takes it imo. on neutral ground ds has a shot. depends entirely on how the OE would affect surtur and as always there is very little in the way of evidence to suggest just what exactly the OE would do to someone of surtur's level.

current ds with partial ale would win this, imo.

We know what effect the omega effect has on top tiers, very little. It's also been deflected, which is a major possibility. In fact, like Superman, Surtur may be able to force the OE back upon DS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
We know what effect the omega effect has on top tiers, very little. It's also been deflected, which is a major possibility. In fact, like Superman, Surtur may be able to force the OE back upon DS.

Um, We haven't seen the Omega effect be redirected while at full power have we? Nope. The Omega effect has bitched Old Gods. One was able to stand up to the first blast and had to be hit one more time. And That may even have been during a depowered stage of the OE.

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Um, We haven't seen the Omega effect be redirected while at full power have we? Nope. The Omega effect has bitched Old Gods. One was able to stand up to the first blast and had to be hit one more time. And That may even have been during a depowered stage of the OE.

And you have evidence suggesting the OE Superman, WW, and others have redirected and or deflected was less powerful than the general level of the OE?

nvrbeenwthagirl
And you have evidence suggesting the OE Superman, WW, and others have redirected and or deflected was less powerful than the general level of the OE?

Don't play like you dont' know. That is what the entire Superman Batman arc was about. Ever since DS Touched the Source wall the FIRST time, it had been draining his omega powers. I believe he's touched a couple of times. That would mean he got drained more and more.

Larceny
Don't play like you dont' know. That is what the entire Superman Batman arc was about. Ever since DS Touched the Source wall the FIRST time, it had been draining his omega powers. I believe he's touched a couple of times. That would mean he got drained more and more.

Do you or do you not have evidence supporting these claims?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do you or do you not have evidence supporting these claims?

Superman Batman 40-42 I believe are the correct numbers. It's the very story that people like to use that Batman kicked DS in. I'm sure you have the story. At least I hope you do since you like to try and use it to put DS down.

Larceny
Superman Batman 40-42 I believe are the correct numbers. It's the very story that people like to use that Batman kicked DS in. I'm sure you have the story. At least I hope you do since you like to try and use it to put DS down.

So in other words, you have no proof.

Then my assumptions are accurate. Like Superman, WW, and others, Surtur can deflect the OE. However even if by the slightest possibilities he is hit with it, he can likely shrug it off like DD did.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Then my assumptions are accurate. Like Superman, WW, and others, Surtur can deflect the OE. However even if by the slightest possibilities he is hit with it, he can likely shrug it off like DD did.
What the **** are you talking about? I just gave you the Story line witht he proof. Are you just being a dick becuz you know i'm right or are you just a dick?

nvrbeenwthagirl

LMAO. DD didn't shrug off the Omega effect. He shrugged off the Omega Beams. Wondy has deflected the entire greek pantheon's blast. That isn't a low showing. Superman deflected a weakened OE.

Larceny
What the **** are you talking about? I just gave you the Story line witht he proof. Are you just being a dick becuz you know i'm right or are you just a dick?

You have no proof. It's that simple.

Larceny
LMAO. DD didn't shrug off the Omega effect. He shrugged off the Omega Beams. Wondy has deflected the entire greek pantheon's blast. That isn't a low showing. Superman deflected a weakened OE.

You know this how? Because if my recollection serves my correctly, Ds specifically stated he used the Omega Effect.

They intended for her to deflect that blast. Stop passing it off as some marvelous feat. It's not.

No proof.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You know this how? Because if my recollection serves my correctly, Ds specifically stated he used the Omega Effect.

They intended for her to deflect that blast. Stop passing it off as some marvelous feat. It's not.

No proof.
Your recollection is wrong. DS used the Omega Beams on DD. And NOTHING in the history of Wondy has ever gotten thru her shield. So what makes you think DS would be any different? It is a feat. Your such a DC hater and troll it's rediculous. Especially Wondy and DS. Now go read some DC.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You have no proof. It's that simple.

S/B 40-42. Just tell me that you are too broke to afford the actual comics and you want me to post the scans. LMAO. That really is what your saying right.

Larceny

Stopped reading, and will continue to refrain fro reading your post until you're capable of providing sufficient evidence to support your claims.

Larceny
S/B 40-42. Just tell me that you are too broke to afford the actual comics and you want me to post the scans. LMAO. That really is what your saying right.

Funny. Broke? Not quite.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Funny. Broke? Not quite.

IT would seem that you dont' own the comics then. So basically your arguing against something that you have no knowlege of. Cuz if you owned the comics, you'd know the story and what it was about.

Larceny

Stopped reading.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Stopped reading.

This basically means i"ve pulled your hoe card. You dont' own the story. LMAO. And arguing against it. WTF.

Larceny

Stopped reading.

Larceny
Oh, and BTW. I have the comics downloaded to my comp. No such thing was stated.

guy222
Surtur FTW

Tony Stark

*REPORTED*

wink

CaptainStoic
Surtur FTW. I just don't see Darkseid winning this one. Whether or not Darkseid used the OE or OB on Doomsday is irelevant. Doomsday beat him with ease, something which he could/would never do to Surtur.

skyfather
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Surtur FTW. I just don't see Darkseid winning this one. Whether or not Darkseid used the OE or OB on Doomsday is irelevant. Doomsday beat him with ease, something which he could/would never do to Surtur. thumb up

TricksterPriest
Larceny: He gave you the damn storylines. And I admit he's going abit far with it. However, it's not an unreasonable assumption. And using Wondy blocking the OE is A JOKE. Her Aegis shield has never been broken in the history of the character, it's taken a blast with the power of the entire Greek pantheon.

And Superman is the only top tier to ever take a blast from the OE cleanly and not be defeated by it.

Name 1 time besides S/B 25 (which had very bad writing and featured Superman creating a boomtube under his own power roll eyes (sarcastic) ) when the full OE failed.

The hatred for DS is palpable. It's obvious that at his full power, non-jobbing (or should I say, with no S-shield in the picture shifty ), he's a match for Surtur.

Plus, there's always the ALE. Apokolip as the battlefield screws over Surtur as well, assuming they fought there. I can't comment on Twilight, since I don't know it. You are deliberating ignoring Darkseid's high showings and focusing on a few badly written low showings taken out of context. How about when DS was removed from the timeline, and the absence of his power caused the universal timeline to start collapsing? That surely tops LT and a bunch of cosmics noticing Odin's demise. wink

dur you and your DC hate.

redhotrash
Wow Larceny, he gives you issues numbers and you still say he has no evidence? Then you proceed to do the equivilant of putting your hands over your ears while chanting "Im not listening". Thats real clever. Unfortunately you go on to defend against his claim that you cant afford the comics, thus proving that you WERE reading, yeah nice one bright guy. Regardless, Surtur would most likely take this, Darkseid has always struck me as a bit of a punk when it comes to fighting anyone around his own level.

TricksterPriest
When? When has DS been portrayed as a punk when fighting skyfathers? He's repeatedly stalemated and beaten Highfather, he's created a being on par with Takion, was able to hurt the Spectre and Imperiex, was instrumental in stopping the AM, and it took 5 skyfathers (including Highfather) to do a feat that he accomplished with Highfather.

Gecko4lif
Larceny and tony are competing for the biggest dickhead on Kmc award

Tony has a bit too much douche in him to beat Larceny so Larceny is currently ahead by a landslide

LORD B

Tony has a bit too much douche in him to beat Larceny so Larceny is currently ahead by a landslide

nah godda be fearofgecko by a mile

nvrbeenwthagirl

I like TONY MUCH Better than larceny. Larceny seems to be an odin/thor fan to the highest order. and seeks to demean DC characters nearly as much as quan. The only one they seem to like is Black Adam, and Larc tries to use WW3 BA is regular BA. Go figure.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by LORD B
nah godda be fearofgecko by a mile
Fear is in his own league wink

The Great Galen
This thread is spite, DS wins easily although if this is a non jobbing correctly wtitten SS he might get a fluke win. This is essentially like putting SS agaisnt Odin. DS 10/10

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
This thread is spite, DS wins easily although if this is a non jobbing. This is essentially like putting SS agaisnt Odin. DS 10/10 no expression

bats2jm
This thread is spite, DS wins easily although if this is a non jobbing correctly wtitten SS he might get a fluke win. This is essentially like putting SS agaisnt Odin. DS 10/10

uh

TheGame17

As said, anyone who honestly believes DS can defeat Odin is either delusional or ignorant.

Kirby Darkseid could beat Odin.

the current crappy version can't.

thats not insane.

TheGame17
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Surtur FTW. I just don't see Darkseid winning this one. Whether or not Darkseid used the OE or OB on Doomsday is irelevant. Doomsday beat him with ease, something which he could/would never do to Surtur.

that wasn't the true darkseid

Badabing

Tony has a bit too much douche in him to beat Larceny so Larceny is currently ahead by a landslide Enough! uhuh

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Badabing
Enough! uhuh Drop the iron fist. smile

quanchi112
Surtur wins this all day.

The Great Galen
DS is abstract level friend, not gonna happen.

TricksterPriest
Ok dude. Stop. no expression You're giving the rest of the DC fans a bad name. no

TheGame17
Originally posted by quanchi112
Surtur wins this all day.

Kirby Darkseid could beat Surter.

the current crappy version can't.

The Great Galen
So DS isnt abstract level, well ill concede and say hes high tier skyfather at the very least.

TricksterPriest
Better. thumb up

Tony Stark
So DS isnt abstract level, well ill concede and say hes high tier skyfather at the very least.

no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
I catagorize him as Entity lvl. Ganny goodness is a skyfather at the highest lvls and she got her powerup via DS.

Madvillain
Darkseid gets raped..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Madvillain
Darkseid gets raped.. Exactly.

quanchi112
So DS isnt abstract level, well ill concede and say hes high tier skyfather at the very least. He can be a poor excuse for a skyfather as he gets his ass beat by Superman on occasion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When? When has DS been portrayed as a punk when fighting skyfathers? He's repeatedly stalemated and beaten Highfather, he's created a being on par with Takion, was able to hurt the Spectre and Imperiex, was instrumental in stopping the AM, and it took 5 skyfathers (including Highfather) to do a feat that he accomplished with Highfather. Highfather isnt as impressive as you make him out to be. Really who has he beaten. He was easily set up and killed by Ares. Darkseid blasted the Spectre who reacted the same to a Batman kick. laughing Black Adam danced on his ass and lived while Ds was the only one of these three to die. He came right back but was easily dismissed while the others were not killed.

Ds had Luthors help in hurting Am also. wink

LittleMac
How to change your IP address. It might not work for everyone.

Larceny
I see I've been talked about while I was gone. Guess I have to start busting heads.

Larceny
Originally posted by redhotrash
Wow Larceny, he gives you issues numbers and you still say he has no evidence? Then you proceed to do the equivilant of putting your hands over your ears while chanting "Im not listening". Thats real clever. Unfortunately you go on to defend against his claim that you cant afford the comics, thus proving that you WERE reading, yeah nice one bright guy. Regardless, Surtur would most likely take this, Darkseid has always struck me as a bit of a punk when it comes to fighting anyone around his own level.

What part of I downloaded the comic and it contains no such comments do you no understand? Would you like to rip the pages from my comics and draw new ones depicting the fantasy of Nvr's world?

Mr.Biscuits
Ok dude. Stop. no expression You're giving the rest of the DC fans a bad name. no
Irony, I love it...biscuits

Larceny
Larceny: He gave you the damn storylines. And I admit he's going abit far with it. However, it's not an unreasonable assumption. And using Wondy blocking the OE is A JOKE. Her Aegis shield has never been broken in the history of the character, it's taken a blast with the power of the entire Greek pantheon.

And Superman is the only top tier to ever take a blast from the OE cleanly and not be defeated by it.

Name 1 time besides S/B 25 (which had very bad writing and featured Superman creating a boomtube under his own power roll eyes (sarcastic) ) when the full OE failed.

The hatred for DS is palpable. It's obvious that at his full power, non-jobbing (or should I say, with no S-shield in the picture shifty ), he's a match for Surtur.

Plus, there's always the ALE. Apokolip as the battlefield screws over Surtur as well, assuming they fought there. I can't comment on Twilight, since I don't know it. You are deliberating ignoring Darkseid's high showings and focusing on a few badly written low showings taken out of context. How about when DS was removed from the timeline, and the absence of his power caused the universal timeline to start collapsing? That surely tops LT and a bunch of cosmics noticing Odin's demise. wink

dur you and your DC hate.

What does him giving me a story line that contains no hint of what he stated help?

A blast that she was intended to block.

DD.

DD.

laughing He really isn't.

A small portion of the ALE, which provides very limited use and the effect it would have on a character of this magnitude is unknown.

With Twilight this isn't even a discussion.

I'm not denying or ignoring anyone's showings, however my arguments aren't fueled with ignorance neither. I know as well as many others that over the years DS has had a consistent decline in power, similar actually to Superman's gradual incline. No longer is DS all powerful. No longer is he grouped with the upper echelon of DC villains. No longer is he the character etching fear in all those who stand against him. He's fallen, and it's evident to anyone willing to open their eyes. How many more ass beatings are needed for those who love him to understand this?

And then with the accusations of bias. One of my favorite characters is a DC character but because my jaws aren't clinched to DS scrotum I'm biased? Laughable.

Larceny
Better. thumb up

It really isn't. Claims to high tier skyfather are just as far fetched.

Larceny
I like TONY MUCH Better than larceny. Larceny seems to be an odin/thor fan to the highest order. and seeks to demean DC characters nearly as much as quan. The only one they seem to like is Black Adam, and Larc tries to use WW3 BA is regular BA. Go figure.

Reported. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Irony, I love it...biscuits laughing out loud

The Great Galen
DS oneshots him like Odin did, close thread out of spite.

llagrok
DS oneshots him like Odin did, close thread out of spite.

You mean when Odin sacrificed himself to temporarily stop Surtur?

After Tarene, had used all of her power to attack Surtur, and fail.

The Great Galen
DS is physcially more powerful the Odin however, hes above Supes in strength and is the Source child...surfer doesnt have a prayer.

Mr. Slippyfist
DS is physcially more powerful the Odin however, hes above Supes in strength and is the Source child...surfer doesnt have a prayer. You still don't know who you're talking about... well, don't anybody tell him. smile

Surtur cuts him in half.

llagrok
DS is physcially more powerful the Odin however, hes above Supes in strength and is the Source child...surfer doesnt have a prayer.

Surfer never did.

LORD B
Originally posted by llagrok
Surfer never did. laughing

quanchi112
DS is physcially more powerful the Odin however, hes above Supes in strength and is the Source child...surfer doesnt have a prayer. Since when was Surfer in this thread. Surtur rapes Darkseid.

llagrok
The idea of Darkseid physically battling Surtur....

quanchi112
The idea of Darkseid physically battling Surtur.... Yeah Darkseid has no chance.

psycho gundam
surtur drives ds into the source wall, using twilight as a golf club. ho in one cool

nvrbeenwthagirl
The idea of Darkseid physically battling Surtur....

If he takes the FOrm he took when he created Stayne, I could see that happening.

tdawg14
what an absolute joke. Darkseid has no chance whatsoever. And people are called Marvel homers on this board. Darkseid is way way below Surtur. Its really not close

Inhuman
Originally posted by tdawg14
what an absolute joke. Darkseid has no chance whatsoever. And people are called Marvel homers on this board. Darkseid is way way below Surtur. Its really not close

but DS is galactus lvl maybe above big g considering hes killed billions of gods and his OE can erase ANYONE. It has never failed.

nvrbeenwthagirl

So Surtur has created Realities on his own? He's supplied a 5th of the power to destroy a reality/Dimension? He has created 6 billion new souls and pwned entire pantheons? IS he powerful enough to collapse the time line with his removal from it? Does the entire universe have to be wiped away to rid the universe of his evil? Has surtur ever hurt one multiversal being? HMM. LMAO. DS has done all of these things.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Inhuman
but DS is galactus lvl maybe above big g considering hes killed billions of gods and his OE can erase ANYONE. It has never failed. your sig is amsome cool

Inhuman
Originally posted by psycho gundam
your sig is amsome cool

Thank you smokin'

tdawg14
So Surtur has created Realities on his own? He's supplied a 5th of the power to destroy a reality/Dimension? He has created 6 billion new souls and pwned entire pantheons? IS he powerful enough to collapse the time line with his removal from it? Does the entire universe have to be wiped away to rid the universe of his evil? Has surtur ever hurt one multiversal being? HMM. LMAO. DS has done all of these things.
yet he regurlarly gets his ass kicked by Superman. Regardless of what you say, thats what happens. This is not even close Nvr. Try again.

psycho gundam

thor = superman. superman </> darkseid. odin > thor. surtur/ymir >
odin. common galactus >(but not by too much) surtur. therefor surtur > darkseid

nvrbeenwthagirl
yet he regurlarly gets his ass kicked by Superman. Regardless of what you say, thats what happens. This is not even close Nvr. Try again.

DS lost once to Superman. And you do realize that he was being slowly depowered by the source wall. He hasn't had his full effect omega since like Kirby age. And I seem to remember Odin being knocked out by an earth quake and running from a villian Thor beat. Oh and SUperman has beaten an mutliversal being and another skyfather. So your point is moot.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor = superman. superman </> darkseid. odin > thor. surtur/ymir >
odin. common galactus >(but not by too much) surtur. therefor surtur > darkseid

So the best you can do is come up with your own lil equation while I give specific feats that DS has to his credit. Hmm. Sounds a bit wonkey.

Inhuman
DS lost once to Superman. And you do realize that he was being slowly depowered by the source wall. He hasn't had his full effect omega since like Kirby age. And I seem to remember Odin being knocked out by an earth quake and running from a villian Thor beat.

So you want to bring up odins low showing and disreguard DS's? erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Inhuman
So you want to bring up odins low showing and disreguard DS's? erm

You missed the point. Everyone else seems to disregard Odin's low showings and Dismiss DS's High ones. I was basically saying Odin has low showings as well. So trying to use DS low showings to some how dismiss him is BIASED.

psycho gundam
just trying to help. seems like dc/marvel threads are pointless. apples and oranges

tdawg14
DS lost once to Superman. And you do realize that he was being slowly depowered by the source wall. He hasn't had his full effect omega since like Kirby age. And I seem to remember Odin being knocked out by an earth quake and running from a villian Thor beat. Oh and SUperman has beaten an mutliversal being and another skyfather. So your point is moot.

keep crying. This is not even close. Odin smacks around Darkseid and so would Surtur. Have a good night pal!

Tony Stark
You missed the point. Everyone else seems to disregard Odin's low showings and Dismiss DS's High ones. I was basically saying Odin has low showings as well. So trying to use DS low showings to some how dismiss him is BIASED.

Everyone has low showings and high showings, it's the average showing that is the true test of a character's resolve. DS's average showing is nowhere near Odin's nor THANOS's... Sorry it's true.

Happy Dance

nvrbeenwthagirl
keep crying. This is not even close. Odin smacks around Darkseid and so would Surtur. Have a good night pal!

Becuz you say so. LMAO.

Mr. Slippyfist
DS lost once to Superman. And you do realize that he was being slowly depowered by the source wall. He hasn't had his full effect omega since like Kirby age. And I seem to remember Odin being knocked out by an earth quake and running from a villian Thor beat. Oh and SUperman has beaten an mutliversal being and another skyfather. So your point is moot. Actually Nvr,, I disagree.

In Superman/Batman 40 I believe, it says that Darkseid lost his Omega Powers when he was stuck in the Source Wall, and nothing more.
It directly responds to the time he was put in the Source Wall earlier in the Superman/Batman series, not from anything else. If that is what you're implying to. smile

Would you kindly point out to me when Odin was knocked out by an earthquake, and when he ran from a villain Thor beat?

And, Superman only beat the being because he tricked him. It wasn't through raw power, or because T-Vo is a God gift.
Who is this other skyfather, Nvr? Would you kindly point him out to me?
smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Everyone has low showings and high showings, it's the average showing that is the true test of a character's resolve. DS's average showing is nowhere near Odin's nor THANOS's... Sorry it's true.

Happy Dance

DS. average showings include

Blasting the AM thru Luthor
Hurting the Spectre and the Spectre saying he wouldn't be able to stop DS from following
Creating alternate realities
Giving granny goodness skyfather lvl power
beating down highfather who is a skyfather
waving his hand and pwn top tiers
Surviving solar system destroying attacks
pwning old Gods with his OE
Killing and destroying Pantheons
Being the balance of the source with highfather
sustaining the power of apokolips thru the firepits
Creating Stayne
Taking blast from Highfather's staff
Erasing beings as powerful as the Infinity man
etc.
Time travelling
Etc.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Actually Nvr,, I disagree.

In Superman/Batman 40 I believe, it says that Darkseid lost his Omega Powers when he was stuck in the Source Wall, and nothing more.
It directly responds to the time he was put in the Source Wall earlier in the Superman/Batman series, not from anything else. If that is what you're implying to. smile

Would you kindly point out to me when Odin was knocked out by an earthquake, and when he ran from a villain Thor beat?

And, Superman only beat the being because he tricked him. It wasn't through raw power, or because T-Vo is a God gift.
Who is this other skyfather, Nvr? Would you kindly point him out to me?
smile

I dont' like you. and YOu didn't CAREFULLY read Superman Batman did you. DS didn't lose his omega powers. They were weakened. And any manifestation of them were from him struggling. Now since the source wall has not changed, then the retcon would go all the way back to when EVER DS has touched the source wall. Unless oyu can prove the wall has changed.

Superman beat a kryptonian skyfather once before. I believe it's in the respect thread.

Inhuman
DS. average showings include

Blasting the AM thru Luthor
Hurting the Spectre and the Spectre saying he wouldn't be able to stop DS from following
Creating alternate realities
Giving granny goodness skyfather lvl power
beating down highfather who is a skyfather
waving his hand and pwn top tiers
Surviving solar system destroying attacks
pwning old Gods with his OE
Killing and destroying Pantheons
Being the balance of the source with highfather
sustaining the power of apokolips thru the firepits
Creating Stayne
Taking blast from Highfather's staff
Erasing beings as powerful as the Infinity man
etc.
Time travelling
Etc.

You forgot "surviving the batkick". That trumps alot of those you listed.

Mr. Slippyfist
I dont' like you. and YOu didn't CAREFULLY read Superman Batman did you. DS didn't lose his omega powers. They were weakened. And any manifestation of them were from him struggling. Now since the source wall has not changed, then the retcon would go all the way back to when EVER DS has touched the source wall. Unless oyu can prove the wall has changed.

Superman beat a kryptonian skyfather once before. I believe it's in the respect thread. I did nvr. What would give you that implication?

My wording was wrong. That isn't relevant I'm afraid.

No nvr. That isn't right. It says that it was only weakened because he was stuck in the wall, not because he touched it. smile

Would you kindly show me the scans? It's kind of hard to search through hundreds of pages.
Plus, was he actually a Skyfather level, or are we led to believe that off of his status? I mean, does he have feats to put him on this level, nvr? smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
I did nvr. What would give you that implication?

My wording was wrong. That isn't relevant I'm afraid.

No nvr. That isn't right. It says that it was only weakened because he was stuck in the wall, not because he touched it. smile

Would you kindly show me the scans? It's kind of hard to search through hundreds of pages.
Plus, was he actually a Skyfather level, or are we led to believe that off of his status? I mean, does he have feats to put him on this level, nvr? smile
I tell you what, DS does have feats that put him on skyfather lvl, and in some instances above it, now you tell me, does it make sense that Superman can beat him?

And DS was stuck on the source wall before. In the Titans Xmen cross over. And DC referenced that as being canon If I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Slippyfist
I tell you what, DS does have feats that put him on skyfather lvl, and in some instances above it, now you tell me, does it make sense that Superman can beat him?

And DS was stuck on the source wall before. In the Titans Xmen cross over. And DC referenced that as being canon If I'm not mistaken. I'm sorry if I confused you nvr, but that isn't the point.
We were having a discussion about only when Superman shoved him into the Wall having any effect on him, not if it makes sense for Superman to beat him. sad

Would you kindly show me when DC has referenced that crossover as being canon?

Also, it specifically references the time when Superman shoves him into the wall as being the time his Omega powers were depleted, nothing else. So I'm sorry, but anything else is irrelevant to Darkseid's power going down, and it's complete unsupported speculation to say anything else involving any other altercations with the Source Wall had any bearing on DS's power. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm sorry if I confused you nvr, but that isn't the point.
We were having a discussion about only when Superman shoved him into the Wall having any effect on him, not if it makes sense for Superman to beat him. sad

Would you kindly show me when DC has referenced that crossover as being canon?

Also, it specifically references the time when Superman shoves him into the wall as being the time his Omega powers were depleted, nothing else. So I'm sorry, but anything else is irrelevant to Darkseid's power going down, and it's complete unsupported speculation to say anything else involving any other altercations with the Source Wall had any bearing on DS's power. smile

No. The story only tells us about what Desaad and Orion's wife knew. It doesn't limit the source wall draining him to that one point. The SOurce wall hasn't changed and neither had DS. And DS did reference that cross over when it mentioned DS being stuck to that wall. Which happened in that cross over if I"m correct. I dont' remember the actuals, but I'll find them with some research.

Inhuman
I want to see this earthquake Odin scan and running away from Thors enemy ordeal.
You forgot to post them smile

Bad Ash231
lol @ people voting for Darkseid.

Mr. Slippyfist
No. The story only tells us about what Desaad and Orion's wife knew. It doesn't limit the source wall draining him to that one point. The SOurce wall hasn't changed and neither had DS. And DS did reference that cross over when it mentioned DS being stuck to that wall. Which happened in that cross over if I"m correct. I dont' remember the actuals, but I'll find them with some research. They've never noticed this ever before. Only the last time he went in the Wall. smile

That my old friend, is unsupported speculation I'm afraid... and wishful thinking. sad

Would you kindly post the proof when you find it? I would like to see it. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
They've never noticed this ever before. Only the last time he went in the Wall. smile

That my old friend, is unsupported speculation I'm afraid... and wishful thinking. sad

Would you kindly post the proof when you find it? I would like to see it. smile

IT's called a retcon. They never noticed it before SUperman batman. Or you would think DS would have been trying to rekindle his omega powers much earlier. Speculation is Ok when given that the DS has been imprisoned on that wall before. ANd the wall hadn't changed. Now it really doesn't matter, becuz DS only lost to Superman one time. Which would be PIS under forum rules. And given that Mr. Miracle says DS would never give a quarter, then APok now was Extreme PIS invalidated by The More recent Death of the New Gods.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
lol @ people voting for Darkseid.
So people dont' have a right to an opinion?

IF a blast of the OE can make the spectre howl, I'm sure it can do so much more to Surtur.

Hazsekswthurmom
Is Surtur above Odin in power?

Mr. Slippyfist
IT's called a retcon. They never noticed it before SUperman batman. Or you would think DS would have been trying to rekindle his omega powers much earlier. Speculation is Ok when given that the DS has been imprisoned on that wall before. ANd the wall hadn't changed. Now it really doesn't matter, becuz DS only lost to Superman one time. Which would be PIS under forum rules. And given that Mr. Miracle says DS would never give a quarter, then APok now was Extreme PIS invalidated by The More recent Death of the New Gods. Wasn't Darkseid stuck in the Wall for like a year or so? Would you kindly give me the answer to that question, as I'm too lazy to go look for it? smile

But it only mattered in that one time... no other times. It is speculation to say he was depowered any other time.

Just because he might have only lost once, doesn't make it pis. He's been punched around by Superman quite a few times to my understanding. smile

It says you could never break DS's will... it never says he can't beg for mercy. Also, Superman actually beat the hell out of DS in a way he wouldn't have imagine... MM did nothing to DS but say he couldn't get an answer out of him. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wasn't Darkseid stuck in the Wall for like a year or so? Would you kindly give me the answer to that question, as I'm too lazy to go look for it? smile

But it only mattered in that one time... no other times. It is speculation to say he was depowered any other time.

Just because he might have only lost once, doesn't make it pis. He's been punched around by Superman quite a few times to my understanding. smile

It says you could never break DS's will... it never says he can't beg for mercy. Also, Superman actually beat the hell out of DS in a way he wouldn't have imagine... MM did nothing to DS but say he couldn't get an answer out of him. smile

Spin it how you will. Mister Miracle threatened to torture DS. And DS wouldn't bug on the subject. THis really means DS won't give into pain. ANd The ALE can do far worse than Superman did. Thus it is pis. And Superman and DS being physical peers doesn't bother me. DS has the obvious advantage in strength. he's smacked Superman down enough times. ANd Superman is the strongest Being in comics that isn't a skyfather or trans lvl. Hell Odin is class 70. And look how powerful he is. And yes, it is speculation that he was depowered, but it is a good speculation. Given the facts of the recent retconn.

Bad Ash231
So people dont' have a right to an opinion?

It's Darkseid. no expression

IF a blast of the OE can make the spectre howl, I'm sure it can do so much more to Surtur.

If Spectre can withstand the OE like nothing once he actually starts to defend himself, then I'm sure Surtur can as well.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
It's Darkseid. no expression

If Spectre can withstand the OE like nothing once he actually starts to defend himself, then I'm sure Surtur can as well.
The Spectre Still howled in pain. And YOu compare Surtur to the Spectre? WTF.

Cosmic Cube
The Spectre Still howled in pain. And YOu compare Surtur to the Spectre? WTF. Or he could deflect the OE like Superman did with his frickin heat vision.

Surtur assrapes Darkseid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Or he could deflect the OE like Superman did with his frickin heat vision.

You mean the weakened OE? When DS was depowered? What if DS uses his finder beams first? Then what?

Cosmic Cube
You mean the weakened OE? When DS was depowered? What if DS uses his finder beams first? Then what? Deflection is deflection.

I don't remember anything about him being depowered. He was his regular old self.

Why would a homing effect prevent it from being deflected?

Mr. Slippyfist
Spin it how you will. Mister Miracle threatened to torture DS. And DS wouldn't bug on the subject. THis really means DS won't give into pain. ANd The ALE can do far worse than Superman did. Thus it is pis. And Superman and DS being physical peers doesn't bother me. DS has the obvious advantage in strength. he's smacked Superman down enough times. ANd Superman is the strongest Being in comics that isn't a skyfather or trans lvl. Hell Odin is class 70. And look how powerful he is. And yes, it is speculation that he was depowered, but it is a good speculation. Given the facts of the recent retconn. I'm not spinning it friend, I'm telling it how it is. smile
MM did nothing to DS. Until DS actually experienced his buttocks being tortured, we don't know how he would react.

Friend, I said nothing about them being equals, since Superman has beaten DS around before. The only indication about them being equals in strength, comes from DS giving himself compliments... and maybe beating a weakened Superman up, and Superman from their first meeting. smile

Would you kindly tell me what you base Odin being a class 70 off of? Odin has never shown that he has ever been weaker than Thor. smile

"Good" speculation is still speculation. It's also wishful thinking friend. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Deflection is deflection.

I don't remember anything about him being depowered. He was his regular old self.

Why would a homing effect prevent it from being deflected?

DS was depowered. Reading New Gods would help. Or at least studying them so you can know. And The Finder beams render barriers moot. They Omega Beams then teleport thru barriers.

Cosmic Cube
DS was depowered. Reading New Gods would help. Or at least studying them so you can know. And The Finder beams render barriers moot. They Omega Beams then teleport thru barriers.

It didn't say so in the comic, so there's no reason to assume he was.

Not a barrier, just deflection by another energy source. Like heat vision, or something.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not spinning it friend, I'm telling it how it is. smile
MM did nothing to DS. Until DS actually experienced his buttocks being tortured, we don't know how he would react.

Friend, I said nothing about them being equals, since Superman has beaten DS around before. The only indication about them being equals in strength, comes from DS giving himself compliments... and maybe beating a weakened Superman up, and Superman from their first meeting. smile

Would you kindly tell me what you base Odin being a class 70 off of? Odin has never shown that he has ever been weaker than Thor. smile

"Good" speculation is still speculation. It's also wishful thinking friend. smile
With the Use of the ALE, Mister Miracle could tell that DS wasn't lying. He would never submit to torture. HE didn't need to do that to know.

And DS has pimp smacked Superman a couple of times. Also DS seems to handle superman much easier than when superman has to go all out. I mean superman has to use speed blitzes and more to do what DS can do with a pimp smack.

Also Odin's bio's listed him class 70. Plus Odin wanted to mate with Geae so that his Son THor could be class One hundred. All the other asgardians seem to be around class 30.

As for wishful thinking, It's no more wishful thinking to think Odin is as powerful as poeple say when he could only rock a planet with other sky gods.

Martian_mind

Well,there was an issue where Thor was shown and stated to be definetly stronger physically....but even then,being weaker theThor does not mean ur not class 100.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It didn't say so in the comic, so there's no reason to assume he was.

Not a barrier, just deflection by another energy source. Like heat vision, or something.

It's called a retcon. REad up on it. And another energy source wouldn't get in the way of th Ob's once the finder beams are fired. The Ob's would go around the Energy source OR teleport thru them. How many DS comics have you read?

Larceny
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Well,there was an issue where Thor was shown and stated to be definetly stronger physically....but even then,being weaker theThor does not mean ur not class 100.

Naturally Thor is stronger than Odin. Much stronger. However through the Odin Power his strength can reach near infinite levels.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Naturally Thor is stronger than Odin. Much stronger. However through the Odin Power his strength can reach near infinite levels.
Odin doesn't even need strength as far as I'm concerned. He could be class 5 and still beat most poeple with his powers.

Martian_mind

Well,Thor straight up over-powered him at one stage,and the time they went man-to-man physically it was Thor who was holding back.

Not that I'm saying Thor>Odin always,i just wanted to say that this time NVR has a theory that has a bit of evidence.

Larceny
It's called a retcon. REad up on it. And another energy source wouldn't get in the way of th Ob's once the finder beams are fired. The Ob's would go around the Energy source OR teleport thru them. How many DS comics have you read?

Nvr you can't twist the comics to have them depict what you wanted to happen. If were talking about the instance in which the OE was deflected and stalemated by HV then DS specifically stated he was using the OE.

Surtur either deflects the OE or withstands the assault. erm

Larceny
Well,Thor straight up over-powered him at one stage,and the time they went man-to-man physically it was Thor who was holding back.

Not that I'm saying Thor>Odin always,i just wanted to say that this time NVR has a theory that has a bit of evidence.

Which doesn't have a tad bit of relevance when considering the possibilities the Odin Power grants. Odin can be class 70 or whatever he is or he could be class 1trillion and beyond. His choice.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nvr you can't twist the comics to have them depict what you wanted to happen. If were talking about the instance in which the OE was deflected and stalemated by HV then DS specifically stated he was using the OE.

Surtur either deflects the OE or withstands the assault. erm

Please pay attention. I'm saying that there was a retcon and DS omega powers were weakened. I dont' know what you are talking about.

Larceny
Also Odin's bio's listed him class 70. Plus Odin wanted to mate with Geae so that his Son THor could be class One hundred. All the other asgardians seem to be around class 30.

As for wishful thinking, It's no more wishful thinking to think Odin is as powerful as poeple say when he could only rock a planet with other sky gods.

It never said anything about strength. He mated with Geae so his heir could be greater than Asgard itself.

Odin wouldn't be much of a skyfather if he couldn't focus and direct his power now would he?

Cosmic Cube
It's called a retcon. REad up on it. And another energy source wouldn't get in the way of th Ob's once the finder beams are fired. The Ob's would go around the Energy source OR teleport thru them. How many DS comics have you read? What happened in the retcon?

I know that the OBs follow the person, and go through obstacles, but I doubt they wouldn't be deflected.

Larceny
Please pay attention. I'm saying that there was a retcon and DS omega powers were weakened. I dont' know what you are talking about.

Your claims that it was the Finder beams that were deflected and no the OE.

As for the retcon. Proof?

Mr. Slippyfist
With the Use of the ALE, Mister Miracle could tell that DS wasn't lying. He would never submit to torture. HE didn't need to do that to know.

And DS has pimp smacked Superman a couple of times. Also DS seems to handle superman much easier than when superman has to go all out. I mean superman has to use speed blitzes and more to do what DS can do with a pimp smack.

As for wishful thinking, It's no more wishful thinking to think Odin is as powerful as poeple say when he could only rock a planet with other sky gods. Lying has nothing to do with it. If DS believed that it would truly not effect him, then that's that. What we don't know, is if DS would have actually crumbled under the pain. He said he wouldn't... but...

How many times old chum? Once, twice? Superman has smacked him around without a full fight like twice... and then there's the sun dip, and then there's Apok Now.

Bio's have listed Namor as lower than 100 tons... they are untrue.
Just because he wanted to make a powerful son, doesn't mean he's actually stronger than Odin himself. Hell, when Loki was in Odin's body, he beat Thor down pretty hard.
Also, Odin's father was out wrestling Thor a couple times... and Thor managed to scrape out one win. Just saying chum-dog. smile

Would you kindly tell me how one showing makes an average? He's rocked the universe more times than that... Plus, it was directed 2000 feet over the planet in a thin beam. It doesn't mean anything.

Well,there was an issue where Thor was shown and stated to be definetly stronger physically....but even then,being weaker theThor does not mean ur not class 100. Thor 455 or whatever? The time Masterson KO'ed Loki/Odin? Or is there another time?

True though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It never said anything about strength. He mated with Geae so his heir could be greater than Asgard itself.

Odin wouldn't be much of a skyfather if he couldn't focus and direct his power now would he?

He didn't seem to focus to well when fighting the celestials. Or When fighting Thanos. He could have amped himself to physical lvls and just pummeled thanos right? We all know thanos can't fight beings who possess strength like you say Odin can amp himself to now can he? And yes Odin wanted his son to be stronger than he.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Lying has nothing to do with it. If DS believed that it would truly not effect him, then that's that. What we don't know, is if DS would have actually crumbled under the pain. He said he wouldn't... but...

How many times old chum? Once, twice? Superman has smacked him around without a full fight like twice... and then there's the sun dip, and then there's Apok Now.

Bio's have listed Namor as lower than 100 tons... they are untrue.
Just because he wanted to make a powerful son, doesn't mean he's actually strongerl than Odin himself. Hell, when Loki was in Odin's body, he beat Thor down pretty hard.
Also, Odin's father was out wrestling Thor a couple times... and Thor managed to scrape out one win. Just saying friend. smile

Would you kindly tell me how one showing makes an average? He's rocked the universe more times than that... Plus, it was directed 2000 feet over the planet in a thin beam. It doesn't mean anything.

Thor 455 or whatever? The time Masterson KO'ed Loki/Odin? Or is there another time?

True though.
Since it's pretty obvious to myself that you have a bit of something of bias against me going on, I won't bother any more. I wills ay this, Superman has ONE valid win over DS. and He has to pull out all of the stops to do such. DS has more impressive wins over Superman given He can pimp smack clark and make clark think he would be mad to fight Him. Even in Superman Batman, DS took Superman's speed blitz and wasn't affected and then ***** slapped supers. DS is Still Superman's superior given the evidence.

Since the rest is up to view point, and most people like to choose the view point that lessens DS, I would rather not discuss it any more with you.

Mr. Slippyfist

Not that I'm saying Thor>Odin always,i just wanted to say that this time NVR has a theory that has a bit of evidence. Issues?

That he bases off of bios, and breeding...

Cosmic Cube
When did this forum start asterisk bleeping?

Cosmic Cube
He didn't seem to focus to well when fighting the celestials. Or When fighting Thanos. He could have amped himself to physical lvls and just pummeled thanos right? We all know thanos can't fight beings who possess strength like you say Odin can amp himself to now can he? And yes Odin wanted his son to be stronger than he.

Celestials are beyond Odin's amping levels. Odin beat Thanos.

Thanos fought Champ with the Power Gem. He had virtually limitless strength.

Mr. Slippyfist
Since it's pretty obvious to myself that you have a bit of something of bias against me going on, I won't bother any more. I wills ay this, Superman has ONE valid win over DS. and He has to pull out all of the stops to do such. DS has more impressive wins over Superman given He can pimp smack clark and make clark think he would be mad to fight Him. Even in Superman Batman, DS took Superman's speed blitz and wasn't affected and then ***** slapped supers. DS is Still Superman's superior given the evidence.

Since the rest is up to view point, and most people like to choose the view point that lessens DS, I would rather not discuss it any more with you. I'm sorry chum fella, but what are you talking about?

He only thought he was mad to fight him in their first meeting...

Are you talking about after DS cheap shotted Superman?

Would you kindly tell me how other people's view points are relevant to my own?

Your choice, brother. smile

quanchi112
IT's called a retcon. They never noticed it before SUperman batman. Or you would think DS would have been trying to rekindle his omega powers much earlier. Speculation is Ok when given that the DS has been imprisoned on that wall before. ANd the wall hadn't changed. Now it really doesn't matter, becuz DS only lost to Superman one time. Which would be PIS under forum rules. And given that Mr. Miracle says DS would never give a quarter, then APok now was Extreme PIS invalidated by The More recent Death of the New Gods. Its canon and please try to accept this. Accept the good,the bad,and the steps. laughing

quanchi112
Spin it how you will. Mister Miracle threatened to torture DS. And DS wouldn't bug on the subject. THis really means DS won't give into pain. ANd The ALE can do far worse than Superman did. Thus it is pis. And Superman and DS being physical peers doesn't bother me. DS has the obvious advantage in strength. he's smacked Superman down enough times. ANd Superman is the strongest Being in comics that isn't a skyfather or trans lvl. Hell Odin is class 70. And look how powerful he is. And yes, it is speculation that he was depowered, but it is a good speculation. Given the facts of the recent retconn. Your explanations make no sense and are fanboy based. Darkseid physically was pounded into submission. He could handle no more. The Miralce incident is irrelevant here. Both events are canon my friend.

The Great Galen
DS drains his energy and adds it to his own, spite.

quanchi112

Since the rest is up to view point, and most people like to choose the view point that lessens DS, I would rather not discuss it any more with you. Nah its just you support Darkseid even though sometimes you know you are wrong. You feel he is picked on as a character sometimes and feel the need to back this character. We both know you are wrong and sometimes are just to stubborn to see the light at the end of the reasoning tunnel.

quanchi112
DS drains his energy and adds it to his own, spite. Ds dies horribly.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>