Buying Question: best of the swappers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbucket
Anyone else notice that family members tend to buy pressies based on whatever's in their area? Case-in-point, I now have over $150 in gift cards to places like Sam Goody, FYE, and Warehouse (which I didn't even know still existed) -- worthless in my lovely suburban area unless I decide to shop at their respective online stores.

Two q's: 1) swap them all for best buy (of which there are two in my area)?

&

2) swap where? There are around 50 places online that offer exchanging of some kind.

Thanks, and may your holiday gifts be more readily redeemable.

Wolfie
I've never heard of gift card swapping but I know where you're coming from. Years ago I got a Warehouse gift card. I had to travel for like a half hour to use it.

tabby999
Yeah i get given Sanity and HMV cards, the closest of either of those is 100km away. Doesn't make much sense does it. Better than them taking a stab and buying you the Little Man/White Chicks box set though i suppose

deathbucket
Originally posted by tabby999
Better than them taking a stab and buying you the Little Man/White Chicks box set though i suppose

Wow. Ok, now I'm REALLY counting my blessings.

Well leveragecard looks like the only free swap interface at the mo', probably have to use that...after glancing in another forum, however, I may have to ditch the Sam Goody completely (d'oh...). Oh well. Next year I'll need to spend a little more time on my wishlist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.