Silver Surfer (exiles) vs Silver Surfer (616)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins?

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who wins? Black Panthers armbars solos. sick laughing

Bouboumaster
Exiles until I see more feats of the new power ups that Surfer receive.

janus77
close match but, victory goes to the more ruthless. and even when SS-616 fought Ravenous, he couldn't help but lecture and give chances. Exiles Surfer doesn't deal in chances, he destroys.

llagrok
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Exiles until I see more feats of the new power ups that Surfer receive.

What feats does the Exiles version have?

- killed some AU imperial guardians
- killed an AU Gladiator
- was destroyed by AoA sabes w/cosmic powers
- hinted at having destroyed earth

My, what a list of accomplishments...

Originally posted by janus77
close match but, victory goes to the more ruthless. and even when SS-616 fought Ravenous, he couldn't help but lecture and give chances. Exiles Surfer doesn't deal in chances, he destroys.

No lectures,eh?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Page17_Exiles88.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Page18_Exiles88.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Page19_Exiles88.jpg

janus77
:roll:
yes, 'cos arrogance and lecturing are the same thing.

616-SS wouldn't even kill Ravenous, even after he "stopped holding back", instead he doled out a chance. if that was Exiles Surfer, Ravenous would have a surfboard lodged up his ...

llagrok
:roll:
yes, 'cos arrogance and lecturing are the same thing.

616-SS wouldn't even kill Ravenous, even after he "stopped holding back", instead he doled out a chance. if that was Exiles Surfer, Ravenous would have a surfboard lodged up his ...

Based on what feats?

King_Mungi
My..my..my, Exiles Surfer sure is becoming quite over-rated

llagrok
Originally posted by King_Mungi

No, it's just us haters, who refuse to give him his due....

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Based on what feats? He was in one story and he successfully destroyed Marvels earth. That is a pretty impressive accomplishment. He has the power cosmic and is capable of anything the 616 Surfer can do. 616 Surfer dies. Its that simple.

its like putting two tigers in a cage while one is aggressive as hell while the other is a pacifist. The aggressive one will win every time.

Mr. Slippyfist

Galan007
My..my..my, Exiles Surfer sure is becoming quite over-rated What?

His one feat isn't enough to put him in 616 Surfer's league? ermm

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Galan007
What?

His one feat isn't enough to put him in 616 Surfer's league? ermm Good point.

quanchi112
Does anyone really think the exiles power cosmic was different than the 616's power cosmic.

CaptainStoic
No one can really tell how powerful Exile SS was, but he destroyed Earth, and handled Gladiator like he was a toy. The punch was pretty powerful judging by the way the artist drew the impact. I'd say that the Galactus in that dimension gave more power to his Heralds than 616 Galactus does to his, with the exception of Tyrant. I mean if 616 made the mistake of making his first Herald nerly his eqaul why couln't Exile Galactus make Silver Surfer, his first Herald greater than himself in destructive powers?

King_Mungi
Galactus was on his death bed and yet he still created Silver Sabretooth so honestly how much power do people think Galactus actually gave SS here?

CaptainStoic
being on his death bed has little to do with how Galactus embues his Heralds with the power cosmic, who is to say that he drained his own power to empower Sabertooth? He may have directed the power into him from a remote source.

CaptainStoic
Sorry i just re-read the comic line, Galactus actually says that he was going give Sabretooth the last of his energy. Oh well. Perhaps his last was greater than what 616 Galactus gave 616 SS.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
being on his death bed has little to do with how Galactus embues his Heralds with the power cosmic, who is to say that he drained his own power to empower Sabertooth? He may have directed the power into him from a remote source.

Errrr...they did. Hence why it was risky for Galactus to do so as they thought he was going to die giving Sabretooth the power.

Priest
616 ftw

Kutulu
Galactus in the Exiles universe only created 2 beings, Surfer and powered up Sabretooth.

Galactus in 616 gave his energy in creating:
* The Fallen One
* Tyrant
* Silver Surfer
* Gabriel the Air-Walker
* Firelord
* Terrax the Tamer
* Nova
* Morg the Executioner
* Red Shift
* Stardust

Look how much more power Galactus had granted to Tyrant for example compared with his heralds. Same type of thing here, Exiles Surfer was basically the only being before Sabretooth to receive a powerup, and Galactus gave the last of his energies to Sabretooth, so it was a much further powerup than the one that empowered most of the heralds in 616.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
616 ftw I am curious,why? They both have the power cosmic.

vlaaad12345
I am curious,why? They both have the power cosmic.
616 surfer has much better feats with it.

Priest
I am curious,why? They both have the power cosmic.
616 uses the PC much more better than Exiles.

quanchi112
616 uses the PC much more better than Exiles. Well I think that is partially due to he only had one story. The 616 Surfer when in a battle usually blasts away as well. I dont think the 616 Silver Surfer is capable of what the exiles Surfer accomplished.

What the needed to do was put the 616 Surfer with the exiles Galactus and put the exiles Surfer with 616 Galactus and let them go at it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
616 surfer has much better feats with it. Of course again because hes been in over 200 comics as opposed to the exiles two issues.

xmarksthespot
Another eXiles Galactus was wounded by Thunderbird punching him and was filled with energy, when Sue Richards has pierced through 616 Galactus leaving a gaping hole and done no damage, iirc.

An eXiles Phoenix was killed by Wolverine, Angel and Blink.

Earth 522's Galactus in eXiles #87-88 didn't even perform the same universal function as 616 Galactus.

Alternate universe versions' appearances can't be used for 616 characters nor vice versa. The entirety of Earth 522's Silver Surfer's feats occur in those two issues and they're not enough when compared to the entirety of Earth 616's.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Another eXiles Galactus was wounded by Thunderbird punching him and was filled with energy, when Sue Richards has pierced through 616 Galactus leaving a gaping hole and done no damage, iirc.

An eXiles Phoenix was killed by Wolverine, Angel and Blink.

Galactus in eXiles #87-88 didn't even perform the same universal function as 616 Galactus.

Alternate universe versions appearances can't be used for 616 characters nor vice versa. I am saying that the exiles Surfer power to me was more than the 616 Surfers power. The characters to me in this story that were different from their counterparts were explained whereas Gladiator looked the same to me and they didnt note any differences from his 616 counterpart.

Newjak
I am saying that the exiles Surfer power to me was more than the 616 Surfers power. The characters to me in this story that were different from their counterparts were explained whereas Gladiator looked the same to me and they didnt note any differences from his 616 counterpart. Except the Glads were different characters in two different universes. It doesn't matter if you think they looked similar enough that they could be one and the same. They were different.

They don't share feats, they aren't on the same power level, and Exiles Silver Surfer looses to 616 yes simply because he has better feats.

It doesn't matter if he only had one appearance. He still looses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
Except the Glads were different characters in two different universes. It doesn't matter if you think they looked similar enough that they could be one and the same. They were different.

They don't share feats, they aren't on the same power level, and Exiles Silver Surfer looses to 616 yes simply because he has better feats.

It doesn't matter if he only had one appearance. He still looses. Well I dont see the 616 Surfer beating the exiles Gladiator or him catching his punch like that.

Again of course the Silver Surfer has better feats but the do have the same power cosmic. 616 holds back while the exiles Surfer will kill you without thinking twice about it.

Newjak
Well I dont see the 616 Surfer beating the exiles Gladiator or him catching his punch like that.

Again of course the Silver Surfer has better feats but the do have the same power cosmic. 616 holds back while the exiles Surfer will kill you without thinking twice about it. Why don't you. Silver Surfer has already punked 616 Glads, who has actual feats.

They have the respective Power Cosmic of their universes. Doesn't make them one and the same. I mean Utlimate Thor has a Hammer called Mjolnir I guess that means his Hammer is as strong as 616's right? No.

Feats are what you got to go by, otherwise you get into speculation, and I'm sorry all the feats of Exiles SS just don't match up to 616's.

quanchi112
Why don't you. Silver Surfer has already punked 616 Glads, who has actual feats.

They have the respective Power Cosmic of their universes. Doesn't make them one and the same. I mean Utlimate Thor has a Hammer called Mjolnir I guess that means his Hammer is as strong as 616's right? No.

Feats are what you got to go by, otherwise you get into speculation, and I'm sorry all the feats of Exiles SS just don't match up to 616's. He may have punked 616 Gladiator but he also was defeated by Black Panther was he not? He didnt kill 616 Gladiator and treat him like he was nothing either. Clearly in this story the power cosmic was the same.

llagrok
Why don't you.

Because to him, speculation is as good as feats.

He was in one story and he successfully destroyed Marvels earth. That is a pretty impressive accomplishment. He has the power cosmic and is capable of anything the 616 Surfer can do. 616 Surfer dies. Its that simple.

its like putting two tigers in a cage while one is aggressive as hell while the other is a pacifist. The aggressive one will win every time.

Actually, they never mentioned that the Silver Surfer actually destroyed the Earth, did they? They only mentioned that it was already destroyed...

Newjak
He may have punked 616 Gladiator but he also was defeated by Black Panther was he not? He didnt kill 616 Gladiator and treat him like he was nothing either. Clearly in this story the power cosmic was the same. Well he didn't really get defeated per say but yes he got armbared by Black Panther.

And it doesn't matter that he didn't kill Glads. He beat a Glads with actual feats.

And the Power Cosmic might of granted some of the same abilities but that doesn't equate to them having the same power level. Once again feats and right now Exiles SS doesn't even match up to 616's average.

quanchi112
Because to him, speculation is as good as feats.

Actually, they never mentioned that the Silver Surfer actually destroyed the Earth, did they? They only mentioned that it was already destroyed... Well the exiles Surfer was impressive and that isnt speculation.

And heres some good old fashioned proof for you as you seem to forget that the Surfer was mentioned as having laid waste to earth.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Page04_Exiles88.jpg

quanchi112
Well he didn't really get defeated per say but yes he got armbared by Black Panther.

And it doesn't matter that he didn't kill Glads. He beat a Glads with actual feats.

And the Power Cosmic might of granted some of the same abilities but that doesn't equate to them having the same power level. Once again feats and right now Exiles SS doesn't even match up to 616's average. I feel the way in which the story was laid out that this Surfer indeed had the same power cosmic but you disagree. Of course I dont have the feats as I have said this was a two issue story. I feel the way again in which he was portrayed showed how much of a threat this Surfer was.

llagrok
Well the exiles Surfer was impressive and that isnt speculation.

And heres some good old fashioned proof for you as you seem to forget that the Surfer was mentioned as having laid waste to earth.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Page04_Exiles88.jpg

Right, forgot about that.

Even so, in Exiles 86 you could see that the planet was destroyed. Any herald has the power the destroy a planet, this does not mean that they are strong enough to defeat every being on them.

Newjak
I feel the way in which the story was laid out that this Surfer indeed had the same power cosmic but you disagree. Of course I dont have the feats as I have said this was a two issue story. I feel the way again in which he was portrayed showed how much of a threat this Surfer was. Once again a threat in his own Universe. And once again while yes he only had two appearances sometimes that is all you need to get some good feats.

But his only feats consisted of mentioning him destroying Earth, and beating an alternate reality Glads. Bad evidence, or speculation at best.

It doesn't matter how you think he was portrayed, his feats don't match up compared to 616's average showings. And nothing to show that Exiles Surfer was even as versatile with the Power Cosmic as 616.

So you can not prove that he is on 616's power level or ability.

xmarksthespot
eXiles #53 Earth became alive and shot eyebeams at Ego. Why didn't Earth #522 fight back against 522's Surfer like that I wonder? Or are we to assume it did, and add that to 522's feat repertoire since we're just cross-crediting feats from universe to universe? confused

quanchi112
Right, forgot about that.

Even so, in Exiles 86 you could see that the planet was destroyed. Any herald has the power the destroy a planet, this does not mean that they are strong enough to defeat every being on them. He defeated every superbeing from a thousand worlds. I have seen other heralds in the 616 universe come to earth and get sent back with their tail between their legs.

The point is whoever opposed him failed to stop him from crushing earth. I guarantee there was a buttload of opposition. The feat is impressive.

Newjak
He defeated every superbeing from a thousand worlds. I have seen other heralds in the 616 universe come to earth and get sent back with their tail between their legs.

The point is whoever opposed him failed to stop him from crushing earth. I guarantee there was a buttload of opposition. The feat is impressive. Yo mean the same destroying every hero on Earth feat that has been recycled throughout Exiles. From Hyperion to Namora?

quanchi112
Once again a threat in his own Universe. And once again while yes he only had two appearances sometimes that is all you need to get some good feats.

But his only feats consisted of mentioning him destroying Earth, and beating an alternate reality Glads. Bad evidence, or speculation at best.

It doesn't matter how you think he was portrayed, his feats don't match up compared to 616's average showings. And nothing to show that Exiles Surfer was even as versatile with the Power Cosmic as 616.

So you can not prove that he is on 616's power level or ability. He defeated the best heroes from a thousand worlds,crushed Gladiator,oneshotted Ronan and Superskrull,defeated Galactus and put him in critical care,destroyed earth. I mean that is quite impressive.

Again we have come to the crossroads here as you cannot prove the power cosmic was any different from 616's and I cant prove they are the same. We just have our opinions.

quanchi112
Yo mean the same destroying every hero on Earth feat that has been recycled throughout Exiles. From Hyperion to Namora? A feat is a feat. Dont try to demean it.

xmarksthespot
He defeated the best heroes from a thousand worlds,Who are never shown.Originally posted by quanchi112
crushed Gladiator,Who has no feats.Originally posted by quanchi112
oneshotted Ronan and Superskrull, Who have no feats.Originally posted by quanchi112
defeated Galactus and put him in critical care,destroyed earth. Who isn't Earth 616 Galactus, and doesn't even perform the same function as 616 Galactus.

He also laid waste to Earth, but then Earth apparently didn't even try to fight back with its eyebeams that it showed capable of in eXiles #53, right?

llagrok
Teh Sex indeed...

Newjak
A feat is a feat. Dont try to demean it. You mean a feat that was never seen.

With no indication of who was on the planet?

How powerful those versions were?

How long it took him to do it?

Heck for all you know it took him years to destroy a planet full of Spider-mans.

And it isn't demeaning a feat it is looking at it in context instead of speculation.

There have been multiple people in Exiles who have destroyed their version of Earth and it's heroes. None of them are 616 Silver Surfer in power or close to it.

quanchi112
Who are never shown.Who has no feats. Who have no feats. Who isn't Earth 616 Galactus, and doesn't even perform the same function as 616 Galactus.

He also laid waste to Earth, but then Earth apparently didn't even try to fight back with its eyebeams that it showed capable of in eXiles #53, right? Ok I didnt read exiles 53 was it the same earth that was in exiles 87 and 88. I know Galactus wasnt the same as his 616 counterpart but he still was powerful.

And so the have no feats as they were meant to establish this Surfer as above them. No distinction was made good or bad about the fodder here. Again this Surfer let it all out and was vicious whereas the 616 Surfer is a goody to shoes.

Rewmac
Originally posted by iceman24567
Black Panthers armbars solos. sick laughing You stole my line 31

616 ftw

quanchi112
You mean a feat that was never seen.

With no indication of who was on the planet?

How powerful those versions were?

How long it took him to do it?

Heck for all you know it took him years to destroy a planet full of Spider-mans.

And it isn't demeaning a feat it is looking at it in context instead of speculation.

There have been multiple people in Exiles who have destroyed their version of Earth and it's heroes. None of them are 616 Silver Surfer in power or close to it. Here we go again. The feat is impressive and by the looks of how the Surfer was going about his business there was no prep. I am sure he showed up and put down earth's resistance easily.

Rewmac
Ok I didnt read exiles 53 was it the same earth that was in exiles 87 and 88. I know Galactus wasnt the same as his 616 counterpart but he still was powerful.

And so the have no feats as they were meant to establish this Surfer as above them. No distinction was made good or bad about the fodder here. Again this Surfer let it all out and was vicious whereas the 616 Surfer is a goody to shoes. It looked like it but there isn't any real comparison. 616 Silver surfer on the other hand has achieved more through his career. His feats and showings are far more convicing to me, than Exiles Surfer's two issue fury mode. 616 Surfer wins.

llagrok
You know that there are many universes where mutants and superpowered individuals do not exist, don't you?

xmarksthespot
Ok I didnt read exiles 53 was it the same earth that was in exiles 87 and 88. No, but then they looked the same so it doesn't matter apparently. smile

Newjak
Here we go again. The feat is impressive and by the looks of how the Surfer was going about his business there was no prep. I am sure he showed up and put down earth's resistance easily. You know I would be inclined to agree with you saying he just showed up and destroyed the Earth, but when you try and use it as an example of why this Silver Surfer is the same as 616's the speculative nature has to be called into question, and the point is you can not verify the feat as impressive as you want it to be.

Rewmac
No, but then they looked the same so it doesn't matter apparently. smile Looking the same at being on the same power level is something else. But true they were kinda similiar.

quanchi112
No, but then they looked the same so it doesn't matter apparently. smile Oh brother some of you people are impossible. Your opinion differs than mine and I already told you what I think while you choose to disagree thats fine. But I mean geez you are even disputing that the power cosmic was different when you know they were exactly the same and that there were no indicators as to think otherwise.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Rewmac
Looking the same at being on the same power level is something else. But true they were kinda similiar. ... I know... ermm I'm referring to the fact that all Earths can't shoot eyebeams at Ego...

quanchi112
You know I would be inclined to agree with you saying he just showed up and destroyed the Earth, but when you try and use it as an example of why this Silver Surfer is the same as 616's the speculative nature has to be called into question, and the point is you can not verify the feat as impressive as you want it to be. What I saw him accomplish on panel was enough for me to be impressed while it wasnt for you. I thought they did a good job of establishing how powerful he was but to some they didnt do a good job of establishing the characters he killed.

Alfheim
No, but then they looked the same so it doesn't matter apparently. smile

Did they all look exactly the same, and have the same powers, perosnality and role?

Newjak
What I saw him accomplish on panel was enough for me to be impressed while it wasnt for you. I thought they did a good job of establishing how powerful he was but to some they didnt do a good job of establishing the characters he killed. It might have impressed you but that doesn't make him as strong as 616.

The guy simply has no feats that doesn't have some speculation involved.

Oh he beat an AU Glads. That Glads must have been the same powerwise.

Why?

Because they looked the same.

That isn't good evidence. That is speculation, and that doesn't prove anything.

xmarksthespot
Oh brother some of you people are impossible. Your opinion differs than mine and I already told you what I think while you choose to disagree thats fine. But I mean geez you are even disputing that the power cosmic was different when you know they were exactly the same and that there were no indicators as to think otherwise. Considering Earth #522 was fundamentally different than #616, being a different reality and all, then the Power Cosmics can't be assumed equivalent. SS (522) is imbued by his respective Power Cosmic and SS (616) is imbued by his respective Power Cosmic.

The Power Cosmic wielded by SS (522) is as powerful as the feats performed by SS (522), which basically is comprised of the list llagrok made on page 1 - which is essentially beating people who are never seen and/or have no feats - as well as being torn apart by Sabretooth and cut in half by Manta using his board, and likewise for SS (616) who has an abundance of feats to draw from.

quanchi112
It might have impressed you but that doesn't make him as strong as 616.

The guy simply has no feats that doesn't have some speculation involved.

Oh he beat an AU Glads. That Glads must have been the same powerwise.

Why?

Because they looked the same.

That isn't good evidence. That is speculation, and that doesn't prove anything. Glads could have been more powerful along with the others. The power cosmic could have been more deadly in this universe. You cannot prove otherwise. See how easy it is to argue in such a manner. You cant prove this Glads was any less powerful than the 616 as I cant prove he is any more powerful. The only reason these characters were in this story was to demonstrate the Surfers power.

He defeated the champions of a 1000 worlds. Is that not impressive? Or did these 1000 worlds need feats.

xmarksthespot
Err... no.

The onus on proving anything is really on you.

The only basis you have for attributing 522 Gladiator to being powerful - as powerful or more powerful than 616 Gladiator - is that he looks like 616 Gladiator.

"I can say, 616 Gladiator can do this or that, for example fly at FTL speeds. This can be seen in his fight with so and so or from issue ###."

Meanwhile upon what basis do you attribute 522 Gladiator being able to match or surpass any of the above from his two issue appearance? "Well 616 Gladiator did this or that so..."

Uh no, can't do that sorry.

Alfheim
What Glads had more than one appearance? What happened in the other ones?

quanchi112
Err... no.

The onus on proving anything is really on you.

The only basis you have for attributing 522 Gladiator to being powerful - as powerful or more powerful than 616 Gladiator - is that he looks like 616 Gladiator.

"I can say, 616 Gladiator can do this or that, for example fly at FTL speeds. This can be seen in his fight with so and so or from issue ###."

Meanwhile upon what basis do you attribute 522 Gladiator being able to match or surpass any of the above from his two issue appearance? I feel in how he was portrayed in this comic that he was at the same power levels as the 616 but of course they didnt have enough time as it would kill the story to feat him up. What the Surfer accomplished in this reality backs up that he was more than his 616 counterpart imo.

xmarksthespot
I feel in how he was portrayed in this comic that he was at the same power levels as the 616.Based on what exactly over the course of him appearing in five pages over two issues, six if one includes in a portrait? Being dead in two of them.

Alfheim
What did do in his other appearnces? no expression

quanchi112
Based on what exactly over the course of him appearing in five pages over two issues, six if one includes in a portrait? Being dead in two of them. It had to do wit the Surfer intimidating the entire galaxy. He soloed earth and defeated champions from a thousand worlds. How isnt that impressive? The writer got the point across to me.

Alfheim
It had to do wit the Surfer intimidating the entire galaxy. He soloed earth and defeated champions from a thousand worlds. How isnt that impressive? The writer got the point across to me.

That implies at least that he is obvoulsy a herald level character and a tough one at that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Alfheim
That implies at least that he is obvoulsy a herald level character and a tough one at that. Do you feel he is more powerful than the 616 Surfer?

Alfheim
Do you feel he is more powerful than the 616 Surfer?

To be fair im not sure. I would at least say that he is more dangerous because of his attitude. I mean the guy has a rzor surboard that can move at FTL that in itself makes you more dangerous.

Sorry who are you talking about glads or Surfer

xmarksthespot
There's nothing on panel to indicate it can move faster than light that I can recall right now.
It had to do wit the Surfer intimidating the entire galaxy. He soloed earth and defeated champions from a thousand worlds. How isnt that impressive? The writer got the point across to me. An Earth that wasn't shown, champions that weren't shown. He was a threat to his universe's respective denizens, who again weren't really shown.

So then what are we left with in the end?

Beating unspecified 522 champions, who are never shown.
Beating 522 Gladiator, who has no feats.
Beating a 522 Imperial Guard, who have no feats.
Laying waste to a 522 Earth that is never shown.
Being torn apart by a cosmic Sabretooth.
Being cut in half by 522 Manta with his own board.

Meanwhile 616 Surfer has bucketloads of feats against people who have their own bucketloads of feats.

It can't be proven 522 Surfer can even match 616 Surfer based on their respective feats in their respective universes with their respective Power Cosmics, ergo 616 Surfer wins.

quanchi112
To be fair im not sure. I would at least say that he is more dangerous because of his attitude. I mean the guy has a rzor surboard that can move at FTL that in itself makes you more dangerous.

Sorry who are you talking about glads or Surfer Norrin.

quanchi112
There's nothing on panel to indicate it can move faster than light that I can recall right now.
An Earth that wasn't shown, champions that weren't shown. He was a threat to his universe's respective denizens, who again weren't really shown.

So then what are we left with in the end?

Beating unspecified 522 champions, who are never shown.
Beating 522 Gladiator, who has no feats.
Beating a 522 Imperial Guard, who have no feats.
Laying waste to a 522 Earth that is never shown.
Being torn apart by a cosmic Sabretooth.
Being cut in half by 522 Manta with his own board. I guess you needed like thirty more issues to get the point of the story and how powerful he was. So you disagree with me. It all adds up to me.

Alfheim
Norrin.

To be quite honest yes.......616 Surfer could beat Glads but not like that...

quanchi112
To be quite honest yes.......616 Surfer could beat Glads but not like that... They wouldnt allow him to be killed off in that manner. Just as Superboy had a great fight with Prime even though Prime is much more powerful.

Newjak
Well to be fair now.

Exiles SS did have to traverse great distances quickly, and was able to catch up to ships that could travel between Star Systems.

Nothing that 616 Surfer hasn't done and more but still I think that Exiles SS can achieve Light Speed.

Of course so can a lot of characters that are weaker than 616 Surfer.

Alfheim
They wouldnt allow him to be killed off in that manner. Just as Superboy had a great fight with Prime even though Prime is much more powerful.

Yeah but I dont even think that 616 Surfer could stop Glads punch like that. Exiles Surfer is at least tougher.

Alfheim
Well to be fair now.

Exiles SS did have to traverse great distances quickly, and was able to catch up to ships that could travel between Star Systems.

Nothing that 616 Surfer hasn't done and more but still I think that Exiles SS can achieve Light Speed.

Of course so can a lot of characters that are weaker than 616 Surfer.

You would say at least that EXiles Surfer is herald level right?

xmarksthespot
Well to be fair now.

Of course so can a lot of characters that are weaker than 616 Surfer. Fine then. There's no indication it was moving that fast when it cut through 522 Gladiator and into 522 Surfer himself. For the latter it was traveling at a speed at which Spider-Man was able to web it and Longshot was able to keep on it. 313

Alfheim
Wait wait the guys has to travel through outer space and different planets and its need to be written down in balck and white that he can go FTL speed?

llagrok
These so called champions from a thousand worlds are in fact the Imperial Guardians.

quanchi112
Fine then. There's no indication it was moving that fast when it cut through 522 Gladiator and into 522 Surfer himself. For the latter it was traveling at a speed at which Spider-Man was able to web it and Longshot was able to keep on it. 313 He could travel as fast as the 616 Surfer. Dont be absurd.

quanchi112
These so called champions from a thousand worlds are in fact the Imperial Guardians. Yes champions from a thousand worlds is impressive though.

xmarksthespot
He could travel as fast as the 616 Surfer. Dont be absurd. I'm not particularly disputing that, I'm letting it slide, but I'm disputing the board traveling at such speeds when called, which is supported by Spider-Man 2099/Longshot.

quanchi112
I'm not particularly disputing that, I'm letting it slide, but I'm disputing the board traveling at such speeds when called, which is supported by Spider-Man 2099/Longshot. I am surprised you arent disputing this.

xmarksthespot
I see no need to.

As depicted in eXiles a durable pointy object traveling at speeds slow enough for Longshot to ride it is sufficient to penetrate 522 Surfer. A being of no considerably massive strength is sufficient to drive it through killing 522 Surfer.

616 Surfer's board is durable, 616 Surfer's board is pointy, 616 Surfer's board can travel at speeds greater than that at which Longshot can ride it.

616 Surfer flies through 522 Surfer then goes home.

smile

quanchi112
I see no need to.

As depicted in eXiles a durable pointy object traveling at speeds slow enough for Longshot to ride it is sufficient to penetrate 522 Surfer. A being of no considerably massive strength is sufficient to drive it through killing 522 Surfer.

616 Surfer's board is durable, 616 Surfer's board is pointy, 616 Surfer's board can travel at speeds greater than that at which Longshot can ride it.

616 Surfer flies through 522 Surfer then goes home.

smile Nah, the exiles Surfer's board ends the 616's Surfer. The exiles board was used as a rather effective weapon while the normal Surfer's board has never shown me anywhere near this.

xmarksthespot
616 Surfer has been cut into multiple pieces before. Didn't take.

smile

Further going to show that you can't use one universe's characters showings to predict what will happen to another's. 313

quanchi112
616 Surfer has been cut in half before.

smile He has been armbarred. stick out tongue

Alfheim
I see no need to.

Longshot has luck powers. Interestingly enough Longshot lots alot like the 616 version of Longshot. Dindt longshot destroy a powerful demon just by throwing a knife at it?

Also Exiles board is not just any substance and its sharp eg Wolverine can cut opponents more easily than Cap can because Caps shield has a blunt edge, Wolverines is sharp.

xmarksthespot
Longshot has luck powers. Interestingly enough Longshot lots alot like the 616 version of Longshot. Dindt longshot destroy a powerful demon just by throwing a knife at it? What the f**k?

Obviously Longshot in eXiles has the same powers as 616 Uncanny X-Men's Longshot.

And obviously Longshot in eXiles looks the same as 616 Uncanny X-Men's Longshot.

Longshot is the same Longshot from the 616 Uncanny X-Men.

Alfheim
What the f**k? Longshot is the same Longshot from the 616 Uncanny X-Men.

Oh, well at any rate

This explains why Longshot was able to cut 616 Surfer.

Longshot has luck powers. Interestingly enough Longshot lots alot like the 616 version of Longshot. Dindt longshot destroy a powerful demon just by throwing a knife at it?

Also Exiles board is not just any substance and its sharp eg Wolverine can cut opponents more easily than Cap can because Caps shield has a blunt edge, Wolverines is sharp.

Thios therefore does not mean That 616 Surfer will be able to do the same.

616 Surfer has been cut into multiple pieces before. Didn't take.

smile

Further going to show that you can't use one universe's characters showings to predict what will happen to another's. 313

To tell you the truth the write for Exiles probably didnt read that issue.

Mr. Slippyfist
To tell you the truth the write for Exiles probably didnt read that issue. I'd say something, but you'd write it off as trolling...

Alfheim
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I'd say something, but you'd write it off as trolling...

Possibly..lets hear what you have to say.

xmarksthespot
No Longshot's powers only explain the direction in which the board happened to go, i.e. in the general direction of 522 Surfer's back. Unless you're making a huge leap and saying that 522 Surfer had some sort of singular weak point in his body, or that for some reason 522 Surfer's back is less durable than anywhere else.

522 Surfer was cut in half and died.

If you don't like the cutting in half scenario which is perfectly plausible, then 616 Surfer transmutes matter around 522 into adamantium then drop kicks it away. 522 Surfer having no apparent matter transmutation abilities remains trapped and incapacitated forever. Ergo 616 Surfer wins.

llagrok
Yes champions from a thousand worlds is impressive though.

Not really. A lot of the imperial guardians are trash, and most don't even have enhanced durability.

Alfheim
No Longshot's powers only explain the direction in which the board happened to go, i.e. in the general direction of 522 Surfer's back. Unless you're making a huge leap and saying that 522 Surfer had some sort of singular weak point in his body, or that for some reason 522 Surfer's back is less durable than anywhere else.

Well its like this Bullseye can break windows with a toothpick. Longshot riding a board with the intention of killing somebody is going to do more damage than it normally would....his powers make extreme unlikey events occur.

522 Surfer was cut in half and died.

If you don't like the cutting in half scenario which is perfectly plausible, then 616 Surfer transmutes matter around 522 into adamantium then drop kicks it away. 522 Surfer having no apparent matter transmutation abilities remains trapped and incapacitated forever. Ergo 616 Surfer wins.

Its not going to be as simple as you put it as for the reasons given. Well I think exile surfer is based on 616 so probably could but cant say for sure.

xmarksthespot
Well its like this Bullseye can break windows with a toothpick. Longshot riding a board with the intention of killing somebody is going to do more damage than it normally would....his powers make extreme unlikey events occur. Longshot can't ride a board with the intention of killing someone and still have his luck abilities. Longshot's luck abilities require that he not have any evil intentions.

Alfheim
Longshot can't ride a board with the intention of killing someone and still have his luck abilities. Longshot's luck abilities require that he not have any evil intentions.

Can you prove it and does this apply to Koing or hurting? Anyway exiles surfer probably cant do matter alteration because if he did he could have probably used it to save his world. His powers seem to be only destructive.

llagrok
Can you prove it? Anyway exiles surfer probably cant do matter alteration because if he did he could have probably used it to save his world. His powers seem to be only destructive.

He had the power cosmic.

And you don't know a lot about Longshot, do you?

Mr. Slippyfist
Possibly..lets hear what you have to say. It means he doesn't have that power.

Alfheim
He had the power cosmic.

Hold on isnt that speculation? I thought according to you that if you dont see feats then its speculation , so its not speculation now?

Anyway I think he couldnt because I think if he did that was a power he could have used to alter his tech....meh I dunno...im inclined to think that he could anyway.

And you don't know a lot about Longshot, do you?

Did I say that....no I didnt...nevermind still get in my face.

llagrok
Hold on isnt that speculation? I thought according to you that if you dont see feats then its speculation , so its not speculation now?

It's not speculation, because Galactus had the power cosmic in the exiles verse as well...

In case you didn't know, it's possible to have the power cosmic without being as strong as the 616 Silver Surfer.

quanchi112
Not really. A lot of the imperial guardians are trash, and most don't even have enhanced durability. Yes I am beginning to see the light of day. This whole universe was weaker. Not enough feats were shown and the power cosmic was different altogether. Right because Galactus was different so the power cosmic should be the same. But not different for the better but different for the worse.

I bet the earth that he defeated had no heroes on it as well and if it did they were much much weaker.

Alfheim
It's not speculation, because Galactus had the power cosmic in the exiles verse as well...

In case you didn't know, it's possible to have the power cosmic without being as strong as the 616 Silver Surfer.

So what its not 616 remember the cosmic could be different. no expression
Like I said I dont think everbody who has the power cosmic can alter matter even in 616, it seems that Exiles SS just used his powers for destruction.

It means he doesn't have that power.

Sorry what are you refering to?

xmarksthespot
Can you prove it and does this apply to Koing or hurting? It's what I remember of Longshot, he needed pure intentions. If he was selfish he would wind up with bad luck.

There's no indication for his powers doing any more than depicted anyway, directing him in the general direction of 522 Surfer's back, even if he can use his power for killing intentions. It didn't make the board any faster or more pointy, and unless 522 Surfer has some unspecified magic weak point it didn't direct it specifically towards that.

llagrok
Yes I am beginning to see the light of day. This whole universe was weaker. Not enough feats were shown and the power cosmic was different altogether. Right because Galactus was different so the power cosmic should be the same. But not different for the better but different for the worse.

I bet the earth that he defeated had no heroes on it as well and if it did they were much much weaker.

The imperial guardians are generally trash, no matter what universe. Just like how most of the Centurions were trash. I was referring to the 616 Imperial Guardians, most of whom the X-men and Vulcan had no trouble cutting through.

So what its not 616 remember the cosmic could be different. no expression
Like I said I dont think everbody who has the power cosmic can alter matter even in 616, it seems that Exiles SS just used his powers for destruction.

Galactus represents equity in every universe, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Alfheim
It's what I remember of Longshot, he needed pure intentions.

You might be right actually...

anyway, directing him in the general direction of 522 Surfer's back, even if he can use his power for killing intentions. It didn't make the board any faster or more pointy.

.......his powers make unlikey events occur......

Galactus represents equity in every universe, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

and? Its a different universe a different galactus a different power cosmic.

quanchi112
The imperial guardians are generally trash, no matter what universe. Just like how most of the Centurions were trash. I was referring to the 616 Imperial Guardians, most of whom the X-men and Vulcan had no trouble cutting through.

Galactus represents equity in every universe, unless I'm horribly mistaken. Oh I see so you just automatically assume they suck. I think you are speculating here. Gladiator hasnt been a bich in any other universes has he so by that logic shouldnt we also give him the benefit of the doubt. Hes formidable no matter what universe. smile

llagrok
Oh I see so you just automatically assume they suck. I think you are speculating here. Gladiator hasnt been a bich in any other universes has he so by that logic shouldnt we also give him the benefit of the doubt. Hes formidable no matter what universe. smile

I'm referring to the 616 ones.

I don't do speculation.

quanchi112
I'm referring to the 616 ones.

I don't do speculation. You said the imperial were trash from any universe. You made an assumption based on what you have seen.

llagrok
You said the imperial were trash from any universe. You made an assumption based on what you have seen.

Because those we've seen in the other universes, AOA and this one, were trash.

Alfheim

I don't do speculation.

Your doing it now....according to your standards. Gladiator looks the same as he does in 616 we cant assume that he has the same power level because we havent seen any feats but SS from a different universe with a different power cosmic has the same powers eventhough we havent seen any feats.

thumb up

llagrok
Your doing it now....according to your standards. Gladiator looks the same as he does in 616 we cant assume that he has the same power level because we havent seen any feats but SS from a different universe with a different power cosmic has the same powers eventhough we havent seen any feats.

thumb up

Nope.

I simply stated that the exiles Silver Surfer had the power cosmic.

xmarksthespot
You might be right actually...

.......his powers make unlikey events occur...... Err.. no you're either thinking of I don't know, X-Men Evolution Scarlet Witch or something. His powers don't just make something that would never occur otherwise happen as far as I recall.

People don't spontaneously combust as he fights them.

If he punches Colossus, the incredibly improbable event of Colossus imploding, isn't going to occur, simply because they're in close proximity.

At most his power would have allowed him to guide the board towards a weak point if it existed. It wouldn't create a weak point. It wouldn't make the board pointier, or denser, or faster.

There's nothing to suggest there was a weak point there. All that's shown is that the board flew behind 522 Surfer.

And it states in the comic that 522 Galactus imbued 522 Surfer with the Power Cosmic. no expression
But that doesn't mean he can phase, or can transmute matter, or has telepathy. Nor can he reform, since he died from being cut in half.
All that means is what it says, he has the respective Power Cosmic of his universe, and the powers granted which were the ones displayed.

quanchi112
Because those we've seen in the other universes, AOA and this one, were trash. You dont know that and maybe its because this Silver Surfer makes them look like trash.

llagrok
You dont know that and maybe its because this Silver Surfer makes them look like trash.

Actually I do.

The AoA ones were defeated by AoA copies rather easily. AoA versions with feats, which allows me to gauge their strength accordingly. See the difference? The AoA guardians were beaten by people with feats prior to their fight, which gives me a general idea of how strong they are. Your imperial guardians were beaten by a Surfer with no prior feats.

Mr. Slippyfist
Sorry what are you refering to? Exiles having the ability to reform his body like 616 did.

Alfheim
Nope.

I simply stated that the exiles Silver Surfer had the power cosmic.

Yeah but it was in response to this.

Can you prove it and does this apply to Koing or hurting? Anyway exiles surfer probably cant do matter alteration because if he did he could have probably used it to save his world. His powers seem to be only destructive.

I said he cant alter matter and you say he had the "power cosmic"ie the power cosmic by defult gives you matter alteration. Ok did I misunderstand you?

Err.. no you're either thinking of I don't know, X-Men Evolution Scarlet Witch or something. His powers don't just make something that would never occur otherwise happen as far as I recall.

People don't spontaneously combust as he fights them.

If he punches Colossus, the incredibly improbable event of Colossus imploding, isn't going to occur, simply because they're in close proximity.

At most his power would have allowed him to guide the board towards a weak point if it existed. It wouldn't create a weak point. It wouldn't make the board pointier, or denser, or faster.

There's nothing to suggest there was a weak point there. All that's shown is that the board flew behind 522 Surfer.

I thought everything has a weak point and if the board is edged it makes it easiet to get. Hell Thor probably does not have a weak point didnt stop mantis from Koing him.

From what I can remember Longshot throwing a blade at a Demons forcefield was instrumental in victory.

At any rate if there was no luck involved exile sufers board is edged, 616 is blunt.

And it states in the comic that 522 Galactus imbued 522 Surfer with the Power Cosmic. no expression But that doesn't mean he can phase, or can transmute matter, or has telepathy. All that means is what it says, he has the respective Power Cosmic of his universe, and the powers granted which were displayed.

Yeah.....I know. Im just dondering why the obvious is being stated.

P.S. It states his powers dont work if he trys do something selfish or evil killing exile sufere isnt evil or selfish. erm

quanchi112
Actually I do.

The AoA ones were defeated by AoA copies rather easily. AoA versions with feats, which allows me to gauge their strength accordingly. See the difference? The AoA guardians were beaten by people with feats prior to their fight, which gives me a general idea of how strong they are. Your imperial guardians were beaten by a Surfer with no prior feats. Yes but you made the assumption about all of them. This Surfer and what he accomplished gave me a general idea of how powerful he was.

Alfheim
Exiles having the ability to reform his body like 616 did.

Yeah it seems he cant, but I said that knowing that the 616 can do that is not common knowledge, which could possibly explain why he didnt.

xmarksthespot
I thought everything has a weak point and if the board is edged it makes it easiet to get. If you want to argue that 522 Surfer had a singular weak point in his frame that Longshot guided the board towards, then feel free but then also feel free to give something to substantiate it.

The fact that cosmic Sabretooth tore open his front with brute force, basically speaks for the opposite.

I'm not sure which demon you're referring to, if it's the "Pup" from his limited series way back in the day that grows enormous later and begins trying to kill him, a combination of Dr Strange's magic and Longshot's powers sent the creature to another dimension in some unspecified manner.

And even if he had intended to kill Surfer (when all it seems like his intentions at the time were to try to stay on the board) and his powers were active, all that's depicted is that the board was guided behind Surfer.

616 Surfer has matter transmutation abilities, he can reshape, dismantle and reform his board however he chooses.

He could also trap 522 Surfer in an adamantium cube and drop kick him into the void of space.

Alfheim
If you want to argue that 522 Surfer had a singular weak point in his frame that Longshot guided the board towards, then feel free but then also feel free to give something to substantiate it.
The fact that cosmic Sabretooth tore open his front with brute force, basically speaks for the opposite.

I dont think you understand what im saying. He doesnt have a weak point persay like Awesome Andriod for example can be siwtched off under the armpit. Everything has a weak point by default eg mantis KOing Thor, Karnaks power etc. A person with luck powers wielding an object with the intention to kill logically could do more damage

I'm not sure which demon you're referring to, if it's the "Pup" from his limited series way back in the day that grows enormous later and begins trying to kill him, a combination of Dr Strange's magic and Longshot's powers sent the creature to another dimension in some unspecified manner.

It was a while ago anyway. As they were teleporting Dazzler hinted to his powers were what gave them victory...or she was just trying to make him feel good.

And even if he had intended to kill Surfer (when all it seems like his intentions at the time were to try to stay on the board) and his powers were active, all that's depicted is that the board was guided behind Surfer.

If his intention wasnt to kill or hurt him why did he stay on it, so he felt like surfing while everybody else is getting killed. Why did he tell sabes to get out of the way, because he felt like it?

616 Surfer has matter transmutation abilities, he can reshape, dismantle and reform his board however he chooses.

He could also trap 522 Surfer in an adamantium cube and drop kick him into the void of space.

Meh ok.

xmarksthespot
I dont think you understand what im saying. He doesnt have a weak point persay like Awesome Andriod for example can be siwtched off under the armpit. Everything has a weak point by default eg mantis KOing Thor, Karnaks power etc. A person with luck powers wielding an object with the intention to kill logically could do more damage Karnak couldn't find a weak point in Magneto's forcefield I recall. You'd have to prove that 522 Surfer had a weak point, and that Longshot's abilities were specifically guiding the board to this point - instead of just directing it behind 522 Surfer as depicted. Occam's Razor.

616 Surfer can fly at FTL, i.e. infinitely faster than the speed at which Longshot was surfing, which would logically do more damage under the Newton's laws of motion.

quanchi112
If you want to argue that 522 Surfer had a singular weak point in his frame that Longshot guided the board towards, then feel free but then also feel free to give something to substantiate it.

He could also trap 522 Surfer in an adamantium cube and drop kick him into the void of space. They both had the power cosmic while one was aggressive while the other isnt.

Mr. Slippyfist
They both had the power cosmic while one was aggressive while the other isnt. Terrax beats Silver Surfer following that logic...

Alfheim
Karnak couldn't find a weak point in Magneto's forcefield I recall.

That doesnt mean that there wasnt one, that means he couldnt find it, obvously he has limitations to his ability.

You'd have to prove that 522 Surfer had a weak point, and that Longshot's abilities were specifically guiding the board to this point - instead of just directing it behind 522 Surfer as depicted. Occam's Razor.

616 Surfer can fly at FTL, i.e. infinitely faster than the speed at which Longshot was surfing, which would logically do more damage under the Newton's laws of motion.

Anyway your correct, on second thoughts cosmic sabre was able to cut him with his claws, so obvoulsy longshot doesnt need any luck powers to hurt exiles surfer with his board, and 616 surfer can regenerate.

616 surfer wins.

quanchi112
Terrax beats Silver Surfer following that logic... But Terrax didnt fly a surfboard and wasnt the same person from a different universe.

Mr. Slippyfist
But Terrax didnt fly a surfboard and wasnt the same person from a different universe. However your logic is faulty either way.

Fine then. Surfer beat Black Surfer who was more aggressive than him as I recall.

King_Mungi
Dr.Strange has beaten several of his evil counterparts in the past quite easily :/

Hyperion Prime
616 Silver Surfer got beat to near death by a Skrull who had his powers confused He was only saved by Nova. I am thinking Exiles Surfer would take 616.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/4000/3857/3857-29950-1-silver-surfer_400.jpg

quanchi112
However your logic is faulty either way.

Fine then. Surfer beat Black Surfer who was more aggressive than him as I recall. My logic isnt faulty. This Surfer was established as a badass in this story.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
616 Silver Surfer got beat to near death by a Skrull who had his powers confused He was only saved by Nova. I am thinking Exiles Surfer would take 616.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/4000/3857/3857-29950-1-silver-surfer_400.jpg laughing laughing

Another horrible showing from the 616 Surfer.

llagrok
My logic isnt faulty. This Surfer was established as a badass in this story.

You failed to address the fact that the Surfer has already beaten a more aggressive version of himself, and thus far we've only seen the Exiles Surfer use offensive force blasts. How does this make him any more formidable than Ravenous?

janus77
616 Surfer doesn't know his own powers that well, as a result of his pacifist nature.

think about the time he tried to commit suicide and ended up rejuvenating a whole planet (and still not dying of course).

Surfer's 'weakness' is his mentality, he's not a battle hardened, bloodlusted daredevil, and anyone with brains and an inclination to test the limits of Surfer's powers would achieve more with them.

llagrok
616 Surfer doesn't know his own powers that well, as a result of his pacifist nature.

think about the time he tried to commit suicide and ended up rejuvenating a whole planet (and still not dying of course).

Surfer's 'weakness' is his mentality, he's not a battle hardened, bloodlusted daredevil, and anyone with brains and an inclination to test the limits of Surfer's powers would achieve more with them.

That's complete and utter bullshit.

The Surfer is probably the most experienced herald in the 616 verse. Barring the Fallen one, I don't think anyone else has ever had and used the power cosmic as much as him.

Also, why are you so impressed with the Exiles Surfer? HE ONLY USED ENERGY BLASTS. If anyone was limited by their mentality, it was the exiles Surfer...

quanchi112
You failed to address the fact that the Surfer has already beaten a more aggressive version of himself, and thus far we've only seen the Exiles Surfer use offensive force blasts. How does this make him any more formidable than Ravenous? Yes. Ronan defeated Ravenous and he was nothing that special. Surfer from exiles oneshotted his Ronan.

quanchi112
That's complete and utter bullshit.

The Surfer is probably the most experienced herald in the 616 verse. Barring the Fallen one, I don't think anyone else has ever had and used the power cosmic as much as him.

Also, why are you so impressed with the Exiles Surfer? HE ONLY USED ENERGY BLASTS. If anyone was limited by their mentality, it was the exiles Surfer... Because he was crushing his competition with energy blasts, why change something if it works.

Mr. Slippyfist
Yes. Ronan defeated Ravenous and he was nothing that special. Surfer from exiles oneshotted his Ronan. Surfer one punched Ronan after catching his hammer with his hand. no expression

Because he was crushing his competition with energy blasts, why change something if it works. But you're trying to compare them in Power Cosmic as well... if one uses versatility, and one uses basic blasts... they aren't comparable in that aspect.

quanchi112
Surfer one punched Ronan after catching his hammer with his hand. no expression

But you're trying to compare them in Power Cosmic as well... He was stated as having the power cosmic. So why wouldnt I assume its the same.

If the Silver Surfer defeated Ronan in 616 it was nowhere near as impressive as what the exiles Surfer did to him and Superskrull. They didnt even warrant his attention.

Mr. Slippyfist
He was stated as having the power cosmic. So why wouldnt I assume its the same.

If the Silver Surfer defeated Ronan in 616 it was nowhere near as impressive as what the exiles Surfer did to him and Superskrull. They didnt even warrant his attention. Because it's not used in the same fashion. Basic blasts vs blasts, matter manipulation, shields, absorption, etc.

no expression
God...

quanchi112
Because it's not used in the same fashion. Basic blasts vs blasts, matter manipulation, shields, absorption, etc.

no expression
God... Its funny to me how you question his power cosmic. I mean this is how characters fight in comics. Usually its brawling and blasts. He was in one story and it was explained he had the power cosmic. Its obvious he could do what 616 Surfer could do.

xmarksthespot
He was stated as having the power cosmic. So why wouldnt I assume its the same. He's also from a different universe 522. Which is fundamentally different, and afflicted by a blight.

So why would I assume the same?

His Galactus doesn't perform the same function as 616 Galactus.

He was also cut in half and died. While 616 Surfer was cut into pieces and reconstituted himself.

He isn't 616 Surfer.

You're only answer to any of these questions is a similar appearance, a sort of visual equivocation.

Show on panel that he can transmute matter or he can't.
Show on panel that he can phase or he can't.
Show on panel that he can manipulate or absorb energy in any significant fashion or he can't.
Show on panel that he has shields or he doesn't.
Show on panel that he has telepathy or he doesn't.

All 522 Surfer has are energy blasts and using his board as a weapon.

quanchi112
He's also from a different universe 522. Which is fundamentally different, and afflicted by a blight.

His Galactus doesn't perform the same function as 616 Galactus.

He was also cut in half and died. While 616 Surfer was cut into pieces and reconstituted himself.

He isn't 616 Surfer.

You're only answer to any of these questions is a similar appearance, a sort of visual equivocation.

Show on panel that he can transmute matter or he can't.
Show on panel that he can phase or he can't.
Show on panel that he can manipulate or absorb energy in any significant fashion or he can't.
Show on panel that he has shields or he doesn't.
Show on panel that he has telepathy or he doesn't.

All 522 Surfer has are energy blasts and using his board as a weapon. Yes it was explained that Galactus and his role was different so dont you kinda think they would have explained any differences with the power cosmic.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Page18_Exiles88.jpg

So when he is talking here he is only referring to energy blasts,right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Slippyfist
Its funny to me how you question his power cosmic. I mean this is how characters fight in comics. Usually its brawling and blasts. He was in one story and it was explained he had the power cosmic. Its obvious he could do what 616 Surfer could do. Too bad 616 Surfer isn't all like that. Eh?
It's not obvious at all when he didn't do shit with it.

Also he had the Power Cosmic... and in even closer relation... so does Terrax from 616. I guess Terrax is Silver Surfer now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galactus also had the Power Cosmic, but he couldn't even defend himself. I guess he's the same as 616 Galactus as well.

quanchi112
Too bad 616 Surfer isn't all like that. Eh?
It's not obvious at all when he didn't do shit with it.

Also he had the Power Cosmic... and in even closer relation... so does Terrax from 616. I guess Terrax is Silver Surfer now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galactus also had the Power Cosmic, but he couldn't even defend himself. I guess he's the same as 616 Galactus as well. Yeah because Terrax is silver and his name is Norrin Radd and he flies a surfboard. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Slippyfist
Yeah because Terrax is silver and his name is Norrin Radd and he flies a surfboard. roll eyes (sarcastic) And if you want to point out the tiny details...
And 616 Surfer wears clothes, and flies around on a giant knife? roll eyes (sarcastic)
You pointed out the Power C, not the details. smile

Also, following your logic, 522 Galactus is the same as 616 Galactus.

And if 616=522 except character attitudes... then 616 Surfer can put a hole in 616 Galactus? Huh?

xmarksthespot
So when he is talking here he is only referring to energy blasts,right? roll eyes (sarcastic) Apparently he is, unless you can show otherwise on panel.

Cosmic Sabretooth doesn't have energy blasts, so 522 Surfer must feel special.

quanchi112
And if you want to point out the tiny details...
And 616 Surfer wears clothes, and flies around on a giant knife? roll eyes (sarcastic)
You pointed out the Power C, not the details. smile

Also, following your logic, 522 Galactus is the same as 616 Galactus.

And if 616=522 except character attitudes... then 616 Surfer can put a hole in 616 Galactus? Huh? No I said that the story showed you the differences between the restorer of worlds and the devourer of worlds. There was nothing shown to think that the power cosmic was different between the two Silver Surfers.

quanchi112
Apparently he is, unless you can show otherwise on panel.

Cosmic Sabretooth doesn't have energy blasts, so 522 Surfer must feel special.

Look at the scan I already put up here earlier in this thread. Do you think this implies all he knows how to do it shoot energy blasts. Connect the dots here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>