Bobby Fischer dies in Iceland

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
"REYKJAVIK (Reuters) - Bobby Fischer, who became America's first and only world chess champion after defeating the Soviet Union's Boris Spassky at the height of the Cold War, has died at the age of 64."

He may have done and said some "odd" things but was a chess genius.

R.I.P

WrathfulDwarf
Isn't this the guy who had a movie made?

I heard he could play two people at the same time blindfolded.

Bicnarok
Haha, he could do more than thatsmile

Link

He also said what he thought, without political correctness.

QryuMf8qZ0g

botankus
Check Mate.

Okay, I'm done now.

Robtard
I love the game of Chess, but I don't care that he died.

Captain REX
It must be said, the man was an *******. Sure, he beat the Soviet chess champion, but he also hoped that President Bush would be brutally murdered, did not believe in the Holocaust, and wanted all Jews to be killed.

And he said this all in radio interviews for everyone to hear...

Robtard
He also believed in a huge Jewish conspiracy aimed at personally bringing him down, it's a safe bet that he factually suffered from mental illness, in one form or another.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Bicnarok
"REYKJAVIK (Reuters) - Bobby Fischer, who became America's first and only world chess champion after defeating the Soviet Union's Boris Spassky at the height of the Cold War, has died at the age of 64."

He may have done and said some "odd" things but was a chess genius.

R.I.P

Oh, they found him, eh?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
He also believed in a huge Jewish conspiracy aimed at personally bringing him down, it's a safe bet that he factually suffered from mental illness, in one form or another.

Sounds just like schizophrenia to me. Even the way he speaks points to schizophrenia.

BackFire
So the guy was great at chess, but apparently he couldn't avoid looking like a hobo?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain REX
It must be said, the man was an *******. Sure, he beat the Soviet chess champion, but he also hoped that President Bush would be brutally murdered, did not believe in the Holocaust, and wanted all Jews to be killed.

And he said this all in radio interviews for everyone to hear... Hey give the man credit where credit is due. 1 out of 3 isn't that bad.

TRH
Good Riddence , however he was a great Chess player.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard

I think he just needed to get laid.

BackFire
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think he just needed to get laid.

Jeez, easier said than done in this case.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"Oh, hello, what do you need a dollar for food or something?"

"No no, I'm a famous chess player, the best ever."

"Oh, then why do you look like that guy I saw living under the New York bridge?"

"The holocaust never happened. Hey, where are you going?"

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by BackFire
So the guy was great at chess, but apparently he couldn't avoid looking like a hobo?

My thoughts exactly...that beard needs to go

=Tired Hiker=

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"Oh, then why do you look like that guy I saw living under the New York bridge?"

I don't think he realized he just needed to get laid, otherwise he might have shaved or just bought a whore or something.

Bicnarok
Maybe he liked doing an impression of a yeti, as a side trick.

Any racial hatred against any race or religion is sad and silly imo, amazing that a man with such brain potential could think like this, maybe they were after him for some reasonsmile

tabby999
Apparently the best way to put the opposition of their game was to pull a cat from your beard and throw it at them, more commonly known as the Fischer Maneuver

Bicnarok
No, his trick was to walk off and refuse to continue playing, because of some annoying thing in the crowd, lighting or influence of radio waves.

ragesRemorse

"Hey baby, what's up?"

laughing out loud
yeah, deep blue has a better chance of getting laid...,or had sad

KidRock
Did he asphyxiate on his own vomit and bile? That would be a glorious end to that mans great life and career.

Kram3r
Despite the terrible bullshit he spewed; great chess player. R.I.P. Bobby Fischer.

amity75
This guy lived on a different planet. Presumably one where the holocaust didn't happen.

Bicnarok
Its odd how people are judged for their shortcomings not their talent,.

He may have had a fews cogs missing, but he was good at Chess.

ElectricBugaloo
If anyone saw the Jeremy Schaap story on Bobby Fischer... it showed a complex, troubled, brilliant man. But ultimately wrong on so many things.

There is no doubt Fischer was a genius when it came to chess. But like so many geniuses throughout the years, he had other significant problems over the years that ultimately sunk him.

Bicnarok
But was he "Sunk"? Maybe he was perfectly happy with his life and found harmony in Icelandsmile

Its one of the least populated places in the world and has some nice volcanic warm water springs

KidRock
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But was he "Sunk"? Maybe he was perfectly happy with his life and found harmony in Icelandsmile

Its one of the least populated places in the world and has some nice volcanic warm water springs

Agreed..he seemed like a very happy and content man.

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MI4943/tributo/fischer40.jpg

Bicnarok
Wow thats a nice zit on his head, I wonder if he splattered it before he died, if not it would have been a sad waste.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.