Batman vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cap'n Happy
Almost ready to begin his mission, young (pre Year One) Bruce Wayne seeks out one last master to sharpen his fighting skills. Finding the portal to fabled K'un-Lun, Wayne asks Lei Kung to teach him. "First," Kung tells him, "You must prove your worthiness, and battle my top pupil."
so, in a fight- no weapons, no pre-preperation, no gimics or powers, who wins this martial arts duel- pre Batman Bruce Wayne, or pre Iron Fist power Daniel Rand?

Batman-Prime
Batman, he has the will and the determination to best everyone.... stick out tongue

Darth Martin
Does Rand still have his powers?

*T*
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
no gimics or powers

Tony Stark
Originally posted by *T*

stick out tongue

Darth Martin
I go with Wayne. He seems to be more adept with them and know more. He also has the physical advantage being bigger and stronger.

Bouboumaster
With no power, Wayne win.

Darth Martin
Pretty much.

Silent Master
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Danny have to defeat a dragon with his bare hands in order to earn the Iron-fist?

Mindset
Yes, he had to plunge his hand in the dragons heart, or something like that.

Darth Martin
Not sure but Bruce has displayed impressive feats of using Chi and transforming it into raw power enough to do stuff like kick down huge a trees, kick down a steel door, and break away from being confined to steel walls with steel chains.

Mindset
Bruce can't use chi for this fight.

If you want Bruce to win you wont bring chi into this fight.

Mindset
Wait, this is pre Batman Bruce, he is not beating Danny.

Silent Master
What does Batman pre-year one have to match beating a dragon?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mindset
Bruce can't use chi for this fight.

If you want Bruce to win you wont bring chi into this fight. This particular move for Bruce is a skill learned. a tecnique, not a power. Can't say the same for Danny Rand. It's his super power.

But you are the thread-creatoor and I respect that and if you say no Chi I will abide by it. However I already explained how Bruce would win. wink

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
This particular move for Bruce is a skill learned. a tecnique, not a power. Can't say the same for Danny Rand. It's his super power.

But you are the thread-creatoor and I respect that and if you say no Chi I will abide by it. However I already explained how Bruce would win. wink

You didn't really say how Bruce would win, Danny fought a dragon before he had powers.

This is pre Batman Bruce.

And I'm not the thread starter, but it was said no gimics or powers, I'd say using chi would fall under that.

The Fake Macoy
Pre year-one Bruce? I would place my money on Iron Fist then. In H2H, IF is extremely tough, and since this is a very inexperienced Bruce without prep or gadgets, he's going down.

Darth Martin
Bruce knew how to fight before he became Batman. This is the time when he was learning those 127 martial arts styles. Think about it, he wouldn't have time to study while he's Batman. Bruce is extremely tough as well. All your doing while saying he's not Batman is taking away his Batsuit and Uility Belt. That's all really.

Oh and my bad, Mindset thought you were the thread starter.

Silent Master
Pre iron-fist Danny still has the better feats.

CaptainStoic
I have to go with Bruce, he is not just a striker. If Bruce can manage to take Danny down to the mat, I can see him breaking several of his bones, or simply making him yield (tap out).

Silent Master
Danny isn't above doing that type of damage either, only he doesn't need to use holds.

From, Iron-Fist #1 of 3 1998

snoopdogg
Batman.

Silent Master
Yes, his inferior feats make a strong case.

snoopdogg
Batman wins.

Silent Master
As his inferior feats suggest.

snoopdogg
Batman relies on his own skill. IF has to have a little help to perform well if you know what I mean.

Batman wins. Go check out his capability thread. Danny can't scratch Bruces sack.

snoopdogg
IF may be able to match Bruce in skill. But overall Bruce is on another level that Danny cannot reach.

I'm sure you have seen this.
http://agent0x7.tripod.com/batman1.html

Silent Master
Did you miss the part where this is pre-year one Bruce?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Silent Master
Did you miss the part where this is pre-year one Bruce? No, that's why I said Batman wins.

Silent Master
Yes, I'm aware that you think him having inferior feats means that he'll win.

snoopdogg
Danny can't shine Batmans boots. Batmans a a-lister for a reason. Danny is a c-lister for a reason.

However this version of Bruce will be in trouble.

Cap'n Happy
1. Daniel Rand mastered the use of Chi as part of his training... he uses Chi in order to summon the Iron Fist power, so he and Bruce are even in this skill.

2. Go check out 'Batman: Year One'. Bruce gets stabbed by a pimp... in his VERY first appearance in costume, Batman struggles with three punks robbing an apartment. Frank Miller (very realistically) points out that, despite having all the skill and training, it took some painful hands-on experience for Bruce to become Batman.

3. Danny has plenty of will-power and motivation. He saw his father murdered right before his eyes, his mother eaten by wolves- very similar background to Bruce.

In my opinion, they are very equal at this point. I believe that in time, Batman surpasses Iron Fist in pure fighting skill- but as Year One clearly shows, he's not there yet. I don't know who wins, but like hearing the different takes on this very good (and close) fight.

RealityWarper
Batman one-shots Iron Fist with a nerve strike:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/gothamknights7-batouch.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Martial%20Arts/Knowledge/batman12centadv-batattackobra.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.