Hal Jordan vs. Vulcan and Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Hal Jordan

vs.

Vulcan

and

Cable

who wins?

psycho gundam
team

guy222
team

Mindset
Depends on which version of Cable.

Erik-Lensherr
Hal Jordan

Thorion
Vulcan's a nooby nub. Hal Boredem wins.

Priest
Mind Rape?

iceman24567
Nah Hal has resistance from mental attacks.

Estacado
Highball.

Rewmac
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah Hal has resistance from mental attacks. Not everytime. He needed a hell of a lot concentration to reflect mental attacks and that was Hal Jordan before the crisis. I guess the team can go for the win. Since the GL power work on energy and it's light energy which is most basic, Vulcan can manipulate that and plus you have Cable on it who kinda broke Surfer's board. So yeah team wins. Hal is a strong opponent but on KMC under the rules he looses. In a comic he could win.

TricksterPriest
I will never give Vulcan's energy manip a win over a GL ring until I see him **** up the power cosmic or something else high end.

Neither of these 2 is equal to a GL ring. Under KMC rules, there's very little that can stand up to a full power GL ring.

Rewmac
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I will never give Vulcan's energy manip a win over a GL ring until I see him **** up the power cosmic or something else high end.

Neither of these 2 is equal to a GL ring. Under KMC rules, there's very little that can stand up to a full power GL ring. They don't have to equal the GL ring it's simply logic. Light energy is basic, Vulcan's energy manip powers can counter the stupid shots of Hal (he is only doing lame shots mostly while should be able to do more damage) and Cable can we all know Cable's powers...

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Rewmac
Not everytime. He needed a hell of a lot concentration to reflect mental attacks and that was Hal Jordan before the crisis. I guess the team can go for the win. Since the GL power work on energy and it's light energy which is most basic, Vulcan can manipulate that and plus you have Cable on it who kinda broke Surfer's board. So yeah team wins. Hal is a strong opponent but on KMC under the rules he looses. In a comic he could win.

I think that was an instance involving John where that happened, however in just about every other instance when a GL activate their tp-protection its on and done with.

not saying he wins *here* (mainly cuz Im not too familiar w/Vulcan) mind ya, am only saying the TP-def has AFAIK *never been defeated technically & only 1 bad showing.

Tazer

Rewmac
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I think that was an instance involving John where that happened, however in just about every other instance when a GL activate their tp-protection its on and done with.

not saying he wins *here* (mainly cuz Im not too familiar w/Vulcan) mind ya, am only saying the TP-def has AFAIK *never been defeated technically & only 1 bad showing.

Tazer I can give Hal a couple wins of course coz he is one of my favs. But the TP protection isn't instant. The ring of course can provide auto portection but seeing Cable's power level the auto protect won't work, Hal has to use his will and he has to be fast on that one.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Rewmac
I can give Hal a couple wins of course coz he is one of my favs. But the TP protection isn't instant. The ring of course can provide auto portection but seeing Cable's power level the auto protect won't work, Hal has to use his will and he has to be fast on that one.

......actually, thats also not true: in just about EVERY depiction of a GL using their tp-protection, said protection HAS BEEN instantaneous.

this is not to say that its an AUTOMATIC defense. for it does need a manual activatio. but when its on.....its ON.

Tazer

Superherovandal
and considering that Hal has resisted the telepathy of Hector Hammond even when he manually shut off his tp resistance shows volumes about his willpower.

Madvillain
bump.

Spire
Hal.

Philosophía
Hal.

xJLxKing
Hal. With a blue ring, it 10/10 Hal.

id369
If this is Vulcan with his team mates powers (Deadly Genesis) and Cable not hindered by the T.O. (burnt offering).

I am incline to give Hal the nod, but with difficulty.

Warlord
It depends on whether Vulcan can manipulate GL energy

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Warlord
It depends on whether Vulcan can manipulate GL energy

Don't see why not. He manipulated Warlock's Quantum Magic. Team wins here.

Lord Feron
Vulcan should be able to beat almost any GL due to his power set. He has manipulated exotic powers (frankly GL light constructs or GL energy isn't that exotic imo) like white said.

Also we don't know which version of cable. If its the Jesus cable then the team should stomp. If it's normal cable? Then he won't be able to do much.

Enyalus
Vulcan solos.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Vulcan should be able to beat almost any GL due to his power set. He has manipulated exotic powers (frankly GL light constructs or GL energy isn't that exotic imo) like white said.

Also we don't know which version of cable. If its the Jesus cable then the team should stomp. If it's normal cable? Then he won't be able to do much.

It's god-like Cable.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Madvillain
It's god-like Cable.

Well then... lights out Mr. Green Lantern.

Phantom Zone
"Hal Jordan."

stormultt
HAL SHTSTOMPS AHAHAAAAH!!!!!!, anyways team would DEF not go down without a fight especially if this is god cable then hal is just screwed..kinda XD, i say hal takes it 6/10

Enyalus
I say Vulcan drains him...

Then Cable one-shots.

Avlon
Hal believes himself untouchable and wtf pwns Vulcan.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Avlon
Hal believes himself untouchable and wtf pwns Vulcan.
Hal remembers that he's been touched a lot of times by Carol and loses his concentration for the loss.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I'm kinda torn on this one. On the one hand I think Hal should be able to beat the pair, but on the other I remember another powerful Telepath/Telekinetic (Tangent Super Man/Harvey Dent) being able to deny John Stewart access to his ring via blocking his mental commands (on panel), so there may be a sure fire avenue of attack for Cable to exploit and use to defeat Hal more times than not (if employed).

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

I'm kinda torn on this one. On the one hand I think Hal should be able to beat the pair, but on the other I remember another powerful Telepath/Telekinetic (Tangent Super Man/Harvey Dent) being able to deny John Stewart access to his ring via blocking his mental commands (on panel), so there may be a sure fire avenue of attack for Cable to exploit and use to defeat Hal more times than not (if employed).

Tangent Superman is a stronger telepath than Cable, and possesses a fine control that I've never seen in a TP/TK that high end.

Also, john stewart sucks. stick out tongue And I don't recall him using his shielding.

stormultt
well trickster i wouldnt say he sucks....hes just not better than the grean lantern guardian himself and legend/icon HAL!
XDD

Mindset
Tangent Superman is a stronger telepath than Cable, and possesses a fine control that I've never seen in a TP/TK that high end.

Examples?

TricksterPriest
Self-molecular manipulation, giving himself super powers as needed, telekinetic construction of technology and doing so while manipulating his own physical structure, materializing people from holograms, etc.

Enyalus
Tangent Superman is a stronger telepath than Cable
No he isn't.

Mindset
Self-molecular manipulation, giving himself super powers as needed, telekinetic construction of technology and doing so while manipulating his own physical structure, materializing people from holograms, etc. And you realize Cable can do most of that and more, right?

illadelph12
I don't think it was a matter of Stewart sucking (which he doesn't), it was moreso the fact that the rings work on mental/verbal commands and Super-Man blocked the ring from receiving them. Cable should be able to do the same thing.

Enyalus
Still not seeing why ring drain wouldn't work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.