Silver Surfer vs. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Silver Surfer

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7500/silversurferqc3.gif

vs.

Sinestro

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8315/sinestropq2.gif

Bloodlust is on...

norrinradd43
Norrin takes it

nimbus006
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Norrin takes it

I think Surfer takes it as well, but Sinestro is dam powerful. I wouldn't mind hearing some counter arguments cuz I believe Sinestro could hold his own against Surfer.

Lumby
Surfer could over power him easily if he didnt dick around like he always does

guy222
norrin

Bouboumaster
I go with the majority. Norrin

quanchi112
Surfer all day.

Endless Mike
I generally give Surfer nods above ring wielders, except for majorly powered up ones like Ion or Sodam Yat

Surfer takes it

llagrok
Sinestro is probably one of the top 5 lantern users of all time and now he's the torchbearer of the Sinestro Corps. From what we saw in the corps, it looks like he's gotten some sort of power boost. He would take the majority.

Mindset
I didn't see any power boost, he couldn't take Hal and Kyle.

Mindship
Originally posted by Lumby
Surfer could over power him easily if he didnt dick around like he always does There's something in the Power Cosmic fineprint about wielders succumbing to excessive monologuing.

Kutulu
Surfer all day, every day, from now until the end of time.

*T*
Surfer wins but its close.

ultimatethor
Surfer all the way, He might even be able to synthesize the ring energy and form another ring for himself ala Beta ray bills hammer or their is always blasting him to bits at a million times the speed of light.

Superherovandal
i doubt that Silver Surfer would take control of the power from Sinestro. Sinestro showed how powerful he was when he easily and i mean EASILY took control of the fear power Hal used against him. Surfer has no idea how to manipulate fear anywhere near the level Sinestro does. but Surfer would slightly win. just not easily. It would be a hard fought battle.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Superherovandal
i doubt that Silver Surfer would take control of the power from Sinestro. Sinestro showed how powerful he was when he easily and i mean EASILY took control of the fear power Hal used against him. Surfer has no idea how to manipulate fear anywhere near the level Sinestro does. but Surfer would slightly win. just not easily. It would be a hard fought battle.

thumb up thumb up

redhotrash
Sinestro strikes me as a better leader than fighter.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Lumby
Surfer could over power him easily if he didnt dick around like he always does Or not.

llagrok
Has anyone seen Sinestro duke it out with Hal hand to hand? Brutal...

nimbus006
Originally posted by redhotrash
Sinestro strikes me as a better leader than fighter.

Sinestro can throw down with any GL.

llagrok
Alan Scott and Hal.

Those are probably the only two lanterns capable of beating Sinestro on their own. And Guy of course, but he's a given.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
Alan Scott and Hal.

Those are probably the only two lanterns capable of beating Sinestro on their own.

I would say thats fairly accurate.

Mr.Biscuits
Alan Scott and Hal.

Those are probably the only two lanterns capable of beating Sinestro on their own. And Guy of course, but he's a given.

Kyle has a better chance at beating Sinestro than Guy.
Before Sin corps I'd say Kyle could take Sinestro, but not anymore.

As for the thread 5/5 split.
If anything it'll be a 5.5/4.5 edge to Surfer.

Rewmac
Originally posted by nimbus006
Sinestro can throw down with any GL. then I don't see why he can't take Surfer.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Rewmac
then I don't see why he can't take Surfer.

Because even the best GL's are slightly below Surfer IMO...

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Kyle has a better chance at beating Sinestro than Guy.
Before Sin corps I'd say Kyle could take Sinestro, but not anymore.

As for the thread 5/5 split.
If anything it'll be a 5.5/4.5 edge to Surfer.

No, you are wrong.

Guy is above any GL.

He's got heart, guts and spirit!

Mr.Biscuits
No, you are wrong.

Guy is above any GL.

He's got heart, guts and spirit!
Corner.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nimbus006
Because even the best GL's are slightly below Surfer IMO... Agreed.

Sirius77
I really see no reason why Sinestro couldn't take it. The same with Surfer.

It really comes down to which one gives up first, because theyre pretty much equal imo. Sinestro 5/10.

Mindset
Sinestro's ring would lose power eventually. So even if they were even, he couldn't last as long as SS.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by quanchi112
Agreed. But I thought Surfer can be arm barred, and taken out by a Skrull... pick and choose much?

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mindset
Sinestro's ring would lose power eventually. So even if they were even, he couldn't last as long as SS.

Assuming Sinestro doesnt just get smart and pull an ion removal with ss's pc. Realistically, surfer is stronger and to an extent, more durable. However, he's only smart when he faces weaker opponents. He can transmute, but he's only done it to wolverine. He can drain, but he's only done it to people like the hulk (to really no avail), and thought about doing it to gladiator. However, when he faces people that are on his level, he doesn't use said abilities. Because he's not used to it. However, Sinestro is.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Sirius77
Assuming Sinestro doesnt just get smart and pull an ion removal with ss's pc. Realistically, surfer is stronger and to an extent, more durable. However, he's only smart when he faces weaker opponents. He can transmute, but he's only done it to wolverine. He can drain, but he's only done it to people like the hulk (to really no avail), and thought about doing it to gladiator. However, when he faces people that are on his level, he doesn't use said abilities. Because he's not used to it. However, Sinestro is. laughing out loud

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud

Meh.

Okay, so the first pc removal thing was pretty far out. But the rest is true. Do you know of anyone else who hes done these things to? Just curious.

Mr. Slippyfist
Meh.

Okay, so the first pc removal thing was pretty far out. But the rest is true. Do you know of anyone else who hes done these things to? Just curious. I know occurrences of Surfer using his power on beings higher than him... contrary to your post. See Uni-Lord for example... read 'In Thy Name'... off the top of my head of course. smile
He blew off Rune's hand when he had the IG (of course Mr M is going to try and correct me, so I'll say Rune was struggling with the Soul gem a tiny bit, but he still retained unlimited power. erm)
Hell, his first appearance had him trapping Galactus inside a house, after he transmuted it to hold him. laughing out loud
He also turned the Thanos Golem animated by Thanos with the IG into atomic ash.
And how could one forget the Tenebrous/Aegis fight?
Hell, even Durok back in the day was more powerful than him... and he ended up getting his ass KO'ed due to time travel.

Also, I don't think he's ever transmuted Wolverine, and he's stolen Hulk's power twice (easily)... and only didn't do it again because it would have killed Hulk.

And that is why I laugh at your post. smile

Whether my opinion is that Surfer wins, or that Sinestro wins... your post is so far from being correct, it's laughable. smile

Sirius77
I know occurrences of Surfer using his power on beings higher than him... contrary to your post. See Uni-Lord for example... read 'In Thy Name'... off the top of my head of course. smile
He blew off Rune's hand when he had the IG (of course Mr M is going to try and correct me, so I'll say Rune was struggling with the Soul gem a tiny bit, but he still retained unlimited power. erm)
Hell, his first appearance had him trapping Galactus inside a house, after he transmuted it to hold him. laughing out loud
He also turned the Thanos Golem animated by Thanos with the IG into atomic ash.
And how could one forget the Tenebrous/Aegis fight?
Hell, even Durok back in the day was more powerful than him... and he ended up getting his ass KO'ed due to time travel.

Also, I don't think he's ever transmuted Wolverine, and he's stolen Hulk's power twice (easily)... and only didn't do it again because it would have killed Hulk.

And that is why I laugh at your post. smile

Whether my opinion is that Surfer wins, or that Sinestro wins... your post is so far from being correct, it's laughable. smile

No need to be rude.

There were outside circumstances involving the battle with tenebrous and aegis. Also, the surfer trapping galactus in a cage is pis, considering surfer is what, like 1% of galactus in power? Logically, he shouldn't have had the power to trap someone with 99% more power than him, especially if that person is the abstract that gave him the power.
But, all of that aside. I can admit that my post was flawed.

But surfer did transmute wolverine. He tried to cut surfer, and surfer caused his skin to decompose.

Mr. Slippyfist
No need to be rude.

There were outside circumstances involving the battle with tenebrous and aegis. Also, the surfer trapping galactus in a cage is pis, considering surfer is what, like 1% of galactus in power? Logically, he shouldn't have had the power to trap someone with 99% more power than him, especially if that person is the abstract that gave him the power.
But, all of that aside. I can admit that my post was flawed.

But surfer did transmute wolverine. He tried to cut surfer, and surfer caused his skin to decompose. My initial post was rude then... I was just expanding on why I laughed. smile

And yet, he still used his 'power' to use the 'outside source' as an offensive tool.

And Galactus broke out.

Marvel Zombies.

Sirius77
My initial post was rude then... I was just expanding on why I laughed. smile

And yet, he still used his 'power' to use the 'outside source' as an offensive tool.

And Galactus broke out.

Marvel Zombies.

Okay then, never mind, lol.

And had it not been there so conveniently, I doubt he would have won.

Okay, then why did you use the example?

Marvel zombies defy every law of physics. Even comic book physics. They ate galactus. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Okay then, never mind, lol.

And had it not been there so conveniently, I doubt he would have won.

Okay, then why did you use the example?

Marvel zombies defy every law of physics. Even comic book physics. They ate galactus. no expression I know... but he still used this power against a higher foe(s).

Because he transmuted something in his first appearance against a being 100's of times more powerful than him.

I know.

Sirius77
I know... but he still used this power against a higher foe(s).

Because he transmuted something in his first appearance against a being 100's of times more powerful than him.

I know.

True.

Good point.

Marvel zombies are ridiculous.

Cap'n Happy
With a name (and a moustache) like some villain from a silent movie (can't you just picture the cape and black hat?), Sinestro is almost goofy enough to be cool...

But not quite. Power rings are awesome weapons, so he'll hang in there, but Silver Surfer (Whose name IS goofy enough to be cool) wins this one.

The Power Cosmic! Is it in you?

sonicwires
cosmic spiderman would beat sinestro .. sinestro would need atleast 3 handy gls with him to beat the surfer and that may not be even enough due to surfers ability to use his witts .. gls to a herald are kind of one dimensional

panthergod
Sinestro one shots Surfer. Easily.

celeyhyga17
Soarin Norrin wins.

sonicwires
Originally posted by panthergod
Sinestro one shots Surfer. Easily.

yeah one shots silver surfer into a couple of galaxies away it would take surfer seconds to find and meet with sinestro again with cosmic awareness

that is pretty much the only thing sinestro can do is make spectrum baseball bat the size of a town and whack sufer with it light years away ... but it would not really do anything

but i do think the animated green lanteren would beat the animated surfer that i would agree with you on comic book versions no

Horrificus
It is possible to knock Surfer out without any fancy light shows. It's happened before.

Sinestro is more than a ring user.
I know he has done some things that could make him a threat to Surfer, but he has a lot if history and I never saved Sinestro scans.

Philosophía
Sinestro 7/10.

panthergod
Originally posted by sonicwires
yeah one shots silver surfer into a couple of galaxies away it would take surfer seconds to find and meet with sinestro again with cosmic awareness

that is pretty much the only thing sinestro can do is make spectrum baseball bat the size of a town and whack sufer with it light years away ... but it would not really do anything

but i do think the animated green lanteren would beat the animated surfer that i would agree with you on comic book versions no
..since Sinestro beats people far above Surfer...including multiple elite GLs.. Nope.

He's been Skyfather class for a while now.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think that SS wins in a very good and close fight.

panthergod
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I think that SS wins in a very good and close fight.

Lol he can't even beat Thor. Sinestro mops him.

Damborgson
Thor would beat both of them so...

panthergod
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor would beat both of them so...
Thor gets mudstomped as well. Do you read comics?

Board Walker
Sinestro solos surfer with ease, most likely a solid 9/10 on Sinestro's favor.

Damborgson
Originally posted by panthergod
Thor gets mudstomped as well. Do you read comics?

I do, that's how I know you're wrong. thumb up

abhilegend
I do, that's how I know you're wrong. thumb up
Are you telling us Thor can beat Sinestro with Parallax?

Damborgson
Well obviously not.

Edit: where did that come from?

abhilegend
Sinestro has Parallax power since last four years.

Damborgson
Thats cool. But since that makes it a mismatch I was talking about non parallax Sinestro.

Insane Titan
Thats cool. But since that makes it a mismatch I was talking about non parallax Sinestro. thumb up this match up was made way back in 08 clearly intending it to be classic Sinestro.

Some people are just very desperate to give a DC guy a win they will try changing it to be current Sinestro laughing out loud

Zack M
Even without Parallax, Sinestro is beastly. See his fight with Volthoom.

Genii96
Surfer

abhilegend
Sinestro

Surtur
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sinestro

The OP intended this to be classic Sinestro, so Surfer wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
The OP intended this to be classic Sinestro, so Surfer wins.
Even classic Sinestro has enough showings to win.

DeadpoolXXX
surfer should beat any lantern.

Surtur
I do seem to recall another thread where people seemed to think it pretty solidly showed GL's were above Surfer. At least the named GL's anyways.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
surfer should beat any lantern.
Why?

abhilegend
I do seem to recall another thread where people seemed to think it pretty solidly showed GL's were above Surfer. At least the named GL's anyways.
thumb up

Board Walker
Sinestro + parallax > universal

Sinestro without parallax > Skyfather

Surtur
Originally posted by Board Walker
Sinestro + parallax > universal

Sinestro with parallax > Skyfather

I take it you mean "without". So now GL's are skyfathers?

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Where do you rank Silver Surfer? Is hr a high herald in your opinion?

Board Walker
I take it you mean "without". So now GL's are skyfathers?

When Sinestro bonded with parallax during the volthoom saga the two became part of one another, and their symbiotic relationship became different than that of prior parallax hosts. Since that bonding Sinestro has lost parallax several times (IE when high father using the life equation knocked it out of him), however he has regained it every time and shown that he is able to wield it entirely to his Ego (IE sinestro wields the fear entity through ego not will, there is a difference).

Even when Sinestro doesn't have the parallax entity inside of him he has still shown to be able to wield the emotional fear spectrum beyond what any other yellow lantern could, and has shown to be able to wield the entire emotional spectrum as well (hosted the life entity, only kyle has done similar, and volthoom but he is literally the emotional spectrum). So yes Sinestro since the Volthoom saga, even when not hosting the parallax entity has shown that he has to some degree become one with the Fear portion of the emotionAL spectrum.

Surfer is in the upper half of the Herald tier of power, however Sinestro is far beyond that tier. With Parallax he is a multiversal power at his best showings, and a universal power at his lowest showings. Without Parallax since the Volthoom saga he is a skyfather+ being at his best, and a low skyfather to high Trans at the absolute worst showings.

Zack M
Yeah, both Hal and Sinestro have evolved past Surfer many times over.

Board Walker
As of present Hal has conceptually become the DC manifestation of Will Power, Sinestro has become the manifestation of Ego, and Kyle has become a living focal point of the emotional spectrum.

Hal, Sinestro, and Kyle have all evolved beyond the emotional entities, and have all shown to be multiversal+ powers, of which each represents something else.

abhilegend
Where do you rank Silver Surfer? Is hr a high herald in your opinion?
Yes, in power. His combat feats are not at par with his power though.

sonicwires
Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, both Hal and Sinestro have evolved past Surfer many times over.

hal and sinestro together could beat silver surfer but alone "evovled "in what what? police forcing planets ? getting girls with tentacles coming out of their heads?

silver surfer could take on three of the top ten lanterns at one time he could take on 8 or 9 medio oaker lanterns

putting a sinestro against silver surfer is spite against sinestro the only thing i can see sinestro doing while he sucks his last breath is threatening silver surfers mother " ill go to mothers home planet for this and kill your whole family" but galactus already destroyed my planet and tricked me into energy body " sinestro" oo well then , please dont kill me" Happy Dance

abhilegend
hal and sinestro together could beat silver surfer but alone "evovled "in what what? police forcing planets ? getting girls with tentacles coming out of their heads?

silver surfer could take on three of the top ten lanterns at one time he could take on 8 or 9 medio oaker lanterns

putting a sinestro against silver surfer is spite against sinestro the only thing i can see sinestro doing while he sucks his last breath is threatening silver surfers mother " ill go to mothers home planet for this and kill your whole family" but galactus already destroyed my planet and tricked me into energy body " sinestro" oo well then , please dont kill me" Happy Dance
Based on what exactly can he take on so many Lanterns?

abhilegend
And Weaponer did exactly that and more. Beat Kyle, John, Boodikka, Hannu and even Ganthet.

Sinestro owned him like nothing.

panthergod

Why do marvel biased people keep pretending their lack of knowledge on characters they know nothing about makes their arguments valid?

Prove that Surfer wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.