Emperor Vulcan versus Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmperorVulcan
Earth 616 Vulcan as depicted in the Emperor Vulcan limited series, and Earth 616 Magneto at his known prime. Neutral setting.

Thorion
I'll still take Magneto for the slight majority. Gabe hasn't quite cemented his place at the top of the mutant tier, with the likes of Exodus, Mags etc. He's getting there, though.

EmpererVulcan
Well I don't know about that. The way he singlehandedly took on the entire Imperial Guard pretty much cements his position as one of the most powerful mutants imho. Hell, even as one of Moira MacTaggert's youngsters his potential was so high that Xavier was more intrigued by it than he was by Darwin's "reactive evolution" (the unique way in which he constantly evolved based on his environments and situation). Xavier even theorized that he could have eventually become one of the most powerful energy manipulators on Earth, and he was even able to outclass Cyclops at this point, and this was before absorbing all of the energy released from the Mutants on M-Day, where he obtained potential beyond that of an Omega Level Mutant.

I'd say Vulcan's got this.

Thesockyone
In a what if he beat him. But Vulcan could just turn his mutant gene off.

EmpererVulcan
Could anyone tell me which "What If?" comics he appears in, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Also, nothing to my knowledge ever indicates that Vulcan can manipulate the electric current in a mutant's brain to suppress their abilities without utilising a high level of concentration. It's doubtful he'd be able to do it in a fast paced fight to the death.

Mindset
Originally posted by EmpererVulcan
Well I don't know about that. The way he singlehandedly took on the entire Imperial Guard pretty much cements his position as one of the most powerful mutants imho. Hell, even as one of Moira MacTaggert's youngsters his potential was so high that Xavier was more intrigued by it than he was by Darwin's "reactive evolution" (the unique way in which he constantly evolved based on his environments and situation). Xavier even theorized that he could have eventually become one of the most powerful energy manipulators on Earth, and he was even able to outclass Cyclops at this point, and this was before absorbing all of the energy released from the Mutants on M-Day, where he obtained potential beyond that of an Omega Level Mutant.

I'd say Vulcan's got this.

When did Vulcan get powers from the collective? blink

And he didn't single handedly take out the Imperial Guard, he was beaten by Gladiator.

Mr. Slippyfist
The last What-If. What-If Vulcan became one with Phoenix or some shit...

Plus, beating Mags? Can't see it. erm

Mindset
Also you can't get potential beyond an omega mutant, that doesn't even make sense.

Thesockyone
He could just turn his mutant gene of. no expression

Mindset
Originally posted by Thesockyone
He could just turn his mutant gene of. no expression

If he could get past his shields.

Thesockyone
I don't think his shields protect him from that type of attack.

Mindset
Why wouldn't they?

It keeps all kinds of energy out.

keeps basically anything out, aside from telepathy.

Thesockyone
I don't think its an attack know really.

His shields are energy? Then Vulcan just controls the energy of the shields.

Mindset
When did I say his shields were energy?

Thesockyone
I didn't say you did I was asking dumbass.

Mindset
Why are you getting mad, quick to anger shows a lack of intelligence.

EmpererVulcan
Originally posted by Mindset
When did Vulcan get powers from the collective? blink

Who said anything about the collective? If you haven't, read Deadly Genesis. It explains how Vulcan was able to absorb a large amount of the energy released from the mutants on M-Day.

My exact words were "took on," not "took out." Now sure, Gladiator did eventually defeat the weakened Vulcan, but Vulcan still kicked a lot of ass, slaying a few of them, and even blasting Gladiator back at one point. The entire feat alone puts Vulcan pretty high up on the Mutant hierarchy to be sure.

Mindset
Who said anything about the collective? If you haven't, read Deadly Genesis. It explains how Vulcan was able to absorb a large amount of the energy released from the mutants on M-Day.

My exact words were "took on," not "took out." Now sure, Gladiator did eventually defeat the weakened Vulcan, but Vulcan still kicked a lot of ass, slaying a few of them, and even blasting Gladiator back at one point. The entire feat alone puts Vulcan pretty high up on the Mutant hierarchy to be sure.

The energy released from the mutants on M-day was the collective.

Deadly genesis came out a long time ago, I can't be bothered to remember every detail.

A lot of people can take on the Imperial Guard, it doesn't matter if they end up losing. I agree that he is one of the strongest mutants, but they way you worded it made it seem like he was beating them or was an even match for them.

Thesockyone
He fought like an idiot. He could have messed with his head anything. That was a low showing because he acted like you. An idiot.

check my respect thread of him dumbass

norrinradd43

Gambit took out Gladiator once... embarrasment

Mindset
He fought like an idiot. He could have messed with his head anything. That was a low showing because he acted like you. An idiot.

check my respect thread of him dumbass

How is that a low showing, how would Vulcan beat Gladiator?

Thesockyone
READ THE RESPECT THREAD

he does more than blast energy he controls it

read the thread dumbass

Mindset
I know he can control energy, now tell me how he beats Gladiator.

EmpererVulcan
Also you can't get potential beyond an omega mutant, that doesn't even make sense.

That would only be the case if you only thought of "potential" as the sheer upper limit of one's power. In that sense, it wouldn't make sense (repetition lolz) but when considering other aspects of the term, such as one's learning rate or the ability to obtain a large amount of power at an early age, it's certainly possibly, and given that it's stated, and nothing absolutely contradicts it and it hasn't been retconned, it's perfectly canon.

Thesockyone
Controling the energy in Glads. shifty

****tard

Mindset
That would only be the case if you only thought of "potential" as the sheer upper limit of one's power. In that sense, it wouldn't make sense (repetition lolz) but when considering other aspects of the term, such as one's learning rate or the ability to obtain a large amount of power at an early age, it's certainly possibly, and given that it's stated, and nothing absolutely contradicts it and it hasn't been retconned, it's perfectly canon.

Potential is the capacity for growth, omegas have unlimited potential, you can't have more than unlimited. Learning rate and etc. really don't matter when your potential is unlimited, so even then beyond omega doesn't make sense.

Unless he is using another definition for omega. confused

EmpererVulcan
The energy released from the mutants on M-day was the collective.

Since when was the collective ever stated to be the entire amount of energy released? I'll answer for you: that would be never.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. It's explicitly stated that Vulcan absorbed the energy, which resulted in him reaching a level of potential beyond that of an Omega.

Well now you're just card stacking. It's how much as he kicked that was impressive. As said, he was able to kill numerous Imperial Guardsmen, knock back even Gladiator, and last for quite a while. It's a very impressive feat.

He was, to an extent, given how he was able to slay a few of them, push many of them back, and last for quite some time. If he wasn't at least close to them in power, as a collective group, he wouldn't have done so well.

Mindset
Controling the energy in Glads. shifty

****tard

Or he gets speed blitzed and turned into paste.

Thesockyone
prove he can blitz him *******

Mr. Slippyfist
Lulz... "EmpererVulcan" got banned before "Thesockyone". laughing

Mindset
Since when was the collective ever stated to be the entire amount of energy released? I'll answer for you: that would be never.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. It's explicitly stated that Vulcan absorbed the energy, which resulted in him reaching a level of potential beyond that of an Omega.

Well now you're just card stacking. It's how much as he kicked that was impressive. As said, he was able to kill numerous Imperial Guardsmen, knock back even Gladiator, and last for quite a while. It's a very impressive feat.

He was, to an extent, given how he was able to slay a few of them, push many of them back, and last for quite some time. If he wasn't at least close to them in power, as a collective group, he wouldn't have done so well.

How was me forgetting it being used as an excuse, I just told you I didn't remember...

Most of the Imperial Guard are nothing special, Gladiator is about the only formidable one. As soon as Gladiator came he didn't last long at all.

Val
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Not long before apparently. Wow.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

I found them in that order.

EVisback
Potential is the capacity for growth, omegas have unlimited potential, you can't have more than unlimited. Learning rate and etc. really don't matter when your potential is unlimited, so even then beyond omega doesn't make sense.

As was elaborated on, the potential of an Omega is unlimited in the sense that they have the potential to eventually achieve an unlimited level of power. Yes, potential is the capacity for the growth, which could mean a number of things... as I said, the rate at which you develop, and having a large amount of power at a young age have as much to do with potential as one's sheer upper limit of power, or "full potential" does, ergo it doesn't necessarily not make sense, and stands.

Since the meaning has been properly defined, it's the only way in which the term has been used. Nothing suggests that anything would be different here.

EVisback
How was me forgetting it being used as an excuse, I just told you I didn't remember...

Just saying, though my bad on that one.

Hardly. They're described as the greatest Heroes gathered from across the Shi'ar Galactic Empire, hand picked to create the perfect fighting force. Gladiator is easily the most powerful, but hardly the only formidable one.

You mean as soon as Gladiator was finally able to face a severely weakened Vulcan? He was there all along, and powerless to stop Vulcan for quite some time.

Edit - Out of curiosity, you don't think Gladiator is actually more powerful, do you?

TricksterPriest
Here's my problem with Vulcan beating Magneto. He's done nothing to show that his control over energy (Magnetics in particular) exceeds Magneto's.

Vulcan
It's arguable. Magneto's appeared in far more material with far more opportunities to display high levels of power. However, from what little we know about Vulcan, and from the few feats he's actually performed, it's safe to say that he's an extremely powerful mutant, and possibly above Magneto's level. It's all mostly been stated in this thread, but what also has to be mentioned which hasn't yet is how he was able to blast back the Eldest of the Scy'ar Tal, who was powerful enough to catch a punch from Gladiator and break his arm with with apparent ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.