First apperance Superman vs first apperance Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cap'n Happy
If Superman from the very first apperance in Action Comics were to meet the Hulk as he was in his very first apperance, in all out, mortal combat... who would win?

Belvedere
Hulk smash.

horrorwolf
Hulk by far.

Lil Buddy
Hulk will finally win a battle with Superman

Had to happen eventually.

psycho gundam
see, hulk was badder than superman. stupid dc went and made him pull planets, i will never get over that

gogogadgetgo
hulk smash puny superman!!!

severance
I would guess Hulk I don't think supes was all that powerful when he started. he sure made up for it in the following 40 years

Astner
AC1 Superman, could be pierced by a bursting bullet.
He couldn't run much faster than an expresstrain.
He could lift about 0,5 tons at max.
He couldn't fly.

Hulk was born Silver Age.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Astner
He couldn't fly.

Um, actually it was 'nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin' (that referred to mortar rounds which werre referred to as shells). He could lift far more than half a ton. He smashed through brick walls. That alone is far more than a thousand pounds. His strength was enough to leap an eight of a mile. His powers were a blatant ripoff of the Hugo Danner character from the novel "Gladiator" by Philip Wylie. Even the ways of describing his limits, being hurt by a bursting shell, come from that novel.

Anyway, the Hulk wins this. While Superman was strong enough to leap an eighth of a mile, the Hulk was leaping several miles and could stand up to missiles.

Unfortunately, with Superman, it wasn't long before the 'one upper' syndrome started. Within a couple of years, Superman was leaping to the edge of the atmosphere and outrunning bullets as soon as a story called for it.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Um, actually it was 'nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin' (that referred to mortar rounds which werre referred to as shells). He could lift far more than half a ton. He smashed through brick walls. That alone is far more than a thousand pounds. His strength was enough to leap an eight of a mile. His powers were a blatant ripoff of the Hugo Danner character from the novel "Gladiator" by Philip Wylie. Even the ways of describing his limits, being hurt by a bursting shell, come from that novel.

Anyway, the Hulk wins this. While Superman was strong enough to leap an eighth of a mile, the Hulk was leaping several miles and could stand up to missiles.

Unfortunately, with Superman, it wasn't long before the 'one upper' syndrome started. Within a couple of years, Superman was leaping to the edge of the atmosphere and outrunning bullets as soon as a story called for it.

And then came the Silver Ages. Where moving fast enough gets you to heaven.

Unless you're stopped by some emo guy in green underwear.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Astner
He couldn't fly.

As pointed out by others, you are off on Superman's powers at this time:
He was shown on the cover of action 1 lifting a car over his head (easily) and this was 1 1/2 to 2 tons. inside the comic, bending steel, ect... I'd put Supes at easily 15 tons. And he was bullet proof- it took an explosive cannon shell pierce his skin.
Still, he started out a little below original Hulk. Way faster, but not as strong. I think Hulk wins 7/10.

PS- one cool thing was what a bad-ass Supes was back in the day... he was a social crusader, worked outside of (sometimes against) the law... and wasn't squeamish about spilling a little blood.

Darth Martin
Hulk

grey fox
Bullets pierced original Hulks skin.

Darth Martin
But he healed or didn't he? shifty

*Prays grey fox says no*

grey fox
He ignored it, however the bullet still broke the skin, presumably his dense muscles stopped it ect

endrict
OMG!!!! Hulk finally beat Supes...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by endrict
OMG!!!! Hulk finally beat Supes... bawling

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by grey fox
Bullets pierced original Hulks skin.

... I won't swear you are wrong on this, but I think you are. I've read that issue in reprints, but its been sometime now. Anyone?

grey fox
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
... I won't swear you are wrong on this, but I think you are. I've read that issue in reprints, but its been sometime now. Anyone?

Gargoyles Hypnosis Bullet pierced the Hulks skin.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by grey fox
Gargoyles Hypnosis Bullet pierced the Hulks skin.

Ah... you're right! But was it a rocket powered thing, or a regular gun/bullet? Don't know why I'm nit picking so much... but I'm curious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.