Lucifer vs *insert Marvel character*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Erik-Lensherr
What Marvel character can defeat Lucifer ?

No TOAA.

No non-existent characters (those who have been retconned).

iceman24567
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
What Marvel character can defeat Lucifer ?

No TOAA.

No non-existent characters (those who have been retconned). Storm. wink

Erik-Lensherr
Please don't.

I actually want to discuss this.

smile

Although I won't have much time in the next few days or so because I'm pretty busy with studying.

Astner
I would say that the Living Tribunal would take him down, after all he's both power and will.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Astner
I would say that the Living Tribunal would take him down, after all he's both power and will. he has the literal will of his God? i doubt it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Astner
I would say that the Living Tribunal would take him down, after all he's both power and will. I agree he would indeed take him down.

guy222
LT

Xplosive
LT

Mindset
LT

Acrosurge
The Living Tribunal is the only one that I can think of. Even if he'd lose, I would love to see Thanos make an attempt intellectually, since he'd have no chance physically.

Mindset
Dr Doom would steal his power. cool

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Mindset
Dr Doom would steal his power. cool Lucifer would own Doom intellectually in so many ways that Doom would give up on life

Mindset
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Lucifer would own Doom intellectually in so many ways that Doom would give up on life

No.

Galan007
No. Yes.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes.

He is not making Doom give up on life, so again, no.

Acrosurge
Yes. Rhubarb. Doom could make a fight of it, but I give the devil his due. No mortal can match him in wits or will.

Superherovandal
No. Yes Lucifer is THAT much smarter than Doom.

TricksterPriest
I honestly can't think of anyone in comics who can match Lucifer in brains.

Mindset
Yes Lucifer is THAT much smarter than Doom.

I know that.

He still wouldn't break Doom's will.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Rhubarb. Doom could make a fight of it, but I give the devil his due. No mortal can match him in wits or will. Doom could be given a billion years of prep but i still doubt he'd do anything to Lucifer.

Galan007
He is not making Doom give up on life, so again, no. But Lucy would own Doom intellectually, .

Mindset
All you said was yes, was I supposed to guess your point?

TricksterPriest
Galan, if Lucy really put his mind to it, he could break Doom. And I know you'll agree with me on this.

Galan007
All you said was yes, was I supposed to guess your point? Guess I need to break down everything I comment on, as to not confuse you.

My bad. smile

Superherovandal
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Galan, if Lucy really put his mind to it, he could break Doom. And I know you'll agree with me on this. I doubt he'd need to try he's freaking Lucifer...Satan...the Devil. Even if he isn't so much of a devil in the comics.

Mindset
Guess I need to break down everything I comment on, as to not confuse you.

My bad. smile

Or maybe you could read what has been posted before you quote someone, as you were agreeing with the person who said Lucifer would make Doom give up on life.

Superherovandal
Or maybe you could read what has been posted before you quote someone, as you were agreeing with the person who said Lucifer would make Doom give up on life. Lucifer certainly could make Doom give up on life. He's LUCIFER for pete's sake.

Galan007
you were agreeing with the person who said Lucifer would make Doom give up on life. There's no reason he couldn't.

Unless Doom's will > .......

Bah,
never mind, it's not worth debating. smile

Mindset
There's no reason he couldn't.

Unless Doom's will > .......

Bah,
never mind, it's not worth debating. smile

You're right, let's be best friends forever cool

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus basically put Doom into a depression coma just by zapping him when Doom was trying to figure out secrets inside Galactus's world ship...

TricksterPriest
durlove

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus basically put Doom into a depression coma just by zapping him when Doom was trying to figure out secrets inside Galactus's world ship...

I don't believe you, you're full of lies and deceit. cool

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't believe you, you're full of lies and deceit. cool OK. smile
Either way it happened.

Acrosurge
I don't believe you, you're full of lies and deceit. cool Well, that was the end result of what Galactus did. Only thing is, Doom bounced back from his depression with a plan to steal the Power Cosmic. He pulled it off too.

King Kandy
First of all, no one said this was a mental battle.

But anyway, I can't think of anyone under LT who could get a definative win.

Air Legend
Hmm, I don't really have the time to debate or anything but this thread looked interesting and it's funny how people can't think of someone below LT who can beat Lucifer. Just think of a powerhouse in Marvel that can BFR people, say the true Beyonders, because Lucifer is powerless in certain realms. And for people ignorant about this subject and are just looking, Lucifer is NOT God's will in flesh. God gave Lucifer his own power, his own will, and Lucifer has been outpowered at full power on panel. I'd write more, but I don't really have the time.

And I just noticed that my respect thread has been getting quite a bit of spam during the time I've been gone. I guess I'll take care of that as soon as I find the time.

Galan007
Galactus basically put Doom into a depression coma just by zapping him when Doom was trying to figure out secrets inside Galactus's world ship... Pfft...

Only a fanboy would've interpreted it that way. ermmhappy

Madvillain
LT.

janus77
well, if Faust* could cheat the Devil I don't see why a sufficiently intelligent and studious human couldn't confused.

if he was the biblical devil, this might have been a much easier match, as it stands Lucifer's a pretty impressive and cool character so... LT would be it.

*yes Faust doesn't/didn't exist but, it's all fiction. I mean we're talking about "The Devil" lol.

Mr. Slippyfist
Faust exists...

TricksterPriest
Wait. So Felix Faust is the actual Faust? I thought he just took the name as a token.

Mr. Slippyfist
F*ck if I know... all I know is that there is a character named Faust... and he's a pussy.

janus77
well from what I remember of the Goethe story, Faust wasn't all that impressively cunning. neither was the devil, obviously. rather it was the play of desperation, hope and remorse that came to the fore than a specific contest of wills/wits...

anyhoo, biblical the Devil (accepting the biblical/Quranic depiction that is, not any revisionist/pseudo-religion version) is intelligent but not beyond the wits of angels, saints, prophets and other wise beings. and also, he's on the preordained to lose side no expression.

Mr. Slippyfist
I herd he was pritty hawt as well. 131

Mindset
He was ugly as sin.

Mr. Slippyfist
He was ugly as sin. He was the cutest angle among the entire host last I checked... confused

tjcoady
You guys clearly haven't read Marlowe or Goethe.

Faust never tricked the Devil; he was redeemed by the purity and grace of God. The stories an insidious and rather aggravating attack on the capabilities of human reason.

Anyways, why are we all acting like it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat Lucifer? There were some special circumstances (IE, they had his wings already to infect them) but he was taken down by the Chinese Gods and the Basanos. He would have lost if it had not been for the outside, unexpected, and unwittingly given help of Elaine. In addition, Fenris the Wolf nearly killed him. He's not omnipotent.

So it would require a being of incredible power that can predict the future and eliminate all possible causalities, the embodiment of Destruction (I always wondered about how that meshed with Destruction of the Endless- was Fenris an aspect of him?) and an entire pantheon with prep time. But still, beings other than Micheal, TOAA, or the Presence could take him down.

tjcoady
Originally posted by janus77
well from what I remember of the Goethe story, Faust wasn't all that impressively cunning. neither was the devil, obviously. rather it was the play of desperation, hope and remorse that came to the fore than a specific contest of wills/wits...

anyhoo, biblical the Devil (accepting the biblical/Quranic depiction that is, not any revisionist/pseudo-religion version) is intelligent but not beyond the wits of angels, saints, prophets and other wise beings. and also, he's on the preordained to lose side no expression.

Which Biblical devil? There isn't a Biblical Devil- the only mentions of anything even close to a Devil in the Bible is the Snake in the Garden in the first version of the Genesis stories and the Adversary mentioned in the Book of Job, who God makes a bet with.

Mindset
Originally posted by tjcoady
Which Biblical devil? There isn't a Biblical Devil- the only mentions of anything even close to a Devil in the Bible is the Snake in the Garden in the first version of the Genesis stories and the Adversary mentioned in the Book of Job, who God makes a bet with.

Umm, what are you talking about?

How is there not a biblical devil? confused

Mindset
He was the cutest angle among the entire host last I checked... confused

It was a joke, Satan is sinful, the phrase, "ugly as sin."

Get it?

Mr. Slippyfist
It was a joke, Satan is sinful, the phrase, "ugly as sin."

Get it? Now I do...

And I'm not laughing... no expression

tjcoady
Umm, what are you talking about?

How is there not a biblical devil? confused

Have you seriously read the Bible? Quote me the book and passage that talks about a "Lucifer." There's an ambigious passage in Isiah that refers to a "fallen son of dawn," but the notion that it's necessarily an angel is false.

The being known as the "Adversary" has three major appearances in the Bible, not counting a cameo in the Book of Wisdom. We claim that the Serpent in the Garden of Eden is the Devil- there's no contextual evidence for this whatsoever. It's just a Serpent. If we use the term "Devil" to mean one who tempts in anathema to God, then he fits that, but the Serpent is never referred to as the Devil.

The Adversary appears again in Job, as an Angel in God's court whose role it is to debate with God.

And finally there is the Adversary who tempts Christ in his forty days in the Desert. Never once is this being referred to as the Devil, and never once is a mention made that he rebelled against God. The whole idea of the fall of the Angels who rebelled on Lucifer's side is based on a mistaken translation about a secular leader who fell from grace, miserably conflated and twisted by Dante, Milton, and Catholic dogma that felt a need to create such a being.

King Kandy
Isn't there something in revelations about him?

Mr. Slippyfist
Jesus is as far as I'll go in this forum. no expression

Take it to the appropriate forum please. smile

tjcoady
Jesus is as far as I'll go in this forum. no expression

Take it to the appropriate forum please. smile

Yeah, agreed. The religious view of Satan doesn't have much to do with Mike Carey's series. Sorry for the digression.

Mindset
Have you seriously read the Bible? Quote me the book and passage that talks about a "Lucifer." There's an ambigious passage in Isiah that refers to a "fallen son of dawn," but the notion that it's necessarily an angel is false.

The being known as the "Adversary" has three major appearances in the Bible, not counting a cameo in the Book of Wisdom. We claim that the Serpent in the Garden of Eden is the Devil- there's no contextual evidence for this whatsoever. It's just a Serpent. If we use the term "Devil" to mean one who tempts in anathema to God, then he fits that, but the Serpent is never referred to as the Devil.

The Adversary appears again in Job, as an Angel in God's court whose role it is to debate with God.

And finally there is the Adversary who tempts Christ in his forty days in the Desert. Never once is this being referred to as the Devil, and never once is a mention made that he rebelled against God. The whole idea of the fall of the Angels who rebelled on Lucifer's side is based on a mistaken translation about a secular leader who fell from grace, miserably conflated and twisted by Dante, Milton, and Catholic dogma that felt a need to create such a being.

I'm pretty sure Satan the Devil was mentioned many times.

Mr. Slippyfist
Yeah, agreed. The religious view of Satan doesn't have much to do with Mike Carey's series. Sorry for the digression. Knees please. smile

thtadthtshldntb
Just to point something out about Lucifer in the comics.

Lucifer rebelled against Yahweh, and became the ruler of Hell, which is all he did forthose 10 billion years. There are plenty of other beings, Neron, etc, who all claimed and acted as the Devil, and we know that the other angels in heaven were busy brainwashing every in the DCU.

We have no actual in DC evidence that Lucifer Morningstar is the same being or beings who have committed those diabolic acts in his name, ie while claiming to be him.

As to the OP, nothing below the LT has a chance. The LT could slow him down maybe, but that's about it.

As to the Chinese gods, Lucifer did not have his wings, as to the Basanos, they never in any way threanted full power Lucifer, only his interests, and as to Fenris, Lucifer was playing possum.

Mindset
What has Lucifer done to suggest LT could only slow him down?

tjcoady
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Just to point something out about Lucifer in the comics.

Lucifer rebelled against Yahweh, and became the ruler of Hell, which is all he did forthose 10 billion years. There are plenty of other beings, Neron, etc, who all claimed and acted as the Devil, and we know that the other angels in heaven were busy brainwashing every in the DCU.

We have no actual in DC evidence that Lucifer Morningstar is the same being or beings who have committed those diabolic acts in his name, ie while claiming to be him.

As to the OP, nothing below the LT has a chance. The LT could slow him down maybe, but that's about it.

As to the Chinese gods, Lucifer did not have his wings, as to the Basanos, they never in any way threanted full power Lucifer, only his interests, and as to Fenris, Lucifer was playing possum.

What are you talking about? The Basanos actually destroyed him. Death came over to chat with him and wait for him to die. Elaine had to die in order to get enough power for Lucifer to reform himself.

Although, it was his own power that was being used against him.

And again, the Neron/Lucifer difference just gets chalked up to that Vertigo and the DCU are different sets of stories.

quanchi112
I honestly can't think of anyone in comics who can match Lucifer in brains. Uhm Thanos would for sure. Marvel's God needed him. Thanos's will is stronger than Lucy's.

Mr. Slippyfist
hysterical

Terryc250
HOTU

quanchi112
Originally posted by Terryc250
HOTU Exactly.

quanchi112
hysterical Thanos has become god how many times now. His will can match up against any being.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has become god how many times now. His will can match up against any being. By trying to become God.
The moment Lucifer was offered to become God, he turned it down. It's not a comparison by any means.

Plus, what the hell does will have to do with him gaining unlimited power? The only time that's even relevant is when he got the HOTU.
And Thanos apparently has a stronger will than God... wow... that's just f*cking dumb. I'd retract that statement if I were you... but... erm

quanchi112
By trying to become God.
The moment Lucifer was offered to become God, he turned it down. It's not a comparison by any means.

Plus, what the hell does will have to do with him gaining unlimited power? The only time that's even relevant is when he got the HOTU.
And Thanos apparently has a stronger will than God... wow... that's just f*cking dumb. I'd retract that statement if I were you... but... erm When did I say his will was stronger than Marvel's god. I guess you misinterpreted what I said. The fact remains though that god needed Thanos to save the universe. wink

Mr. Slippyfist
When did I say his will was stronger than Marvel's god. I guess you misinterpreted what I said. The fact remains though that god needed Thanos to save the universe. wink And that statement pretty much makes me ignore anything you ever have to say about DC again...
Thanks. smile

Will:
Marvel God=>Thanos>DC's God

Such is the logic of Quan, and so it was told.

TricksterPriest
When did I say his will was stronger than Marvel's god. I guess you misinterpreted what I said. The fact remains though that god needed Thanos to save the universe. wink

Jesus H ****ing christ on a stick........no expression I'm profiling this one. This is epic level stupidity and failure. What the f**k?

Mr. Slippyfist
Check my profile. wink

I erased every quote to make room for it. smile

TricksterPriest
Check my profile. wink

I erased every quote to make room for it. smile

Bastich. durfist

quanchi112
And that statement pretty much makes me ignore anything you ever have to say about DC again...
Thanks. smile

Will:
Marvel God=>Thanos>DC's God

Such is the logic of Quan, and so it was told. Thanos will has been proven to have no equal in marvel with beings on panel. Lucy hasnt been shown to have a greater will than all dc characters. He is from Vertigo and has little to do with the dc universe. smile

quanchi112
Jesus H ****ing christ on a stick........no expression I'm profiling this one. This is epic level stupidity and failure. What the f**k? Read the story and then you would realize god did need Thanos. I mean he did fix the flaw didnt he. If god could have done it why didnt he? laughing

TricksterPriest
Thanos will has been proven to have no equal in marvel with beings on panel. Lucy hasnt been shown to have a greater will than all dc characters. He is from Vertigo and has little to do with the dc universe. smile

eek! hysterical hysterical2 The hits just keep coming. I may have to create a special section in my profile just to accomodate all the durquanchi quotes.

Mr. Slippyfist
Bastich. durfist Hey, Quan might be an annoying retard 50%... 60%... most of the time, but that post was beyond f*cked up. Times the time you single handily destroyed that tourney by at least 10.

Hell, I erased nvr's old posts about Galactus being swept aside by Darkseid (among other shit), and Masterbruce's quote about coming out of the vigilante closet for that.
smile

quanchi112
eek! hysterical hysterical2 The hits just keep coming. I may have to create a special section in my profile just to accomodate all the durquachi quotes. Scans. Show me him interacting with the dc universe. laughing Hell I dont think the guy has run into Superman and he is dc. wink

TricksterPriest
Hey, Quan might be an annoying retard 50%... 60%... most of the time, but that post was beyond f*cked up. Times the time you single handily destroyed that tourney by at least 10.

smile

................*sigh* You're right. I can't even try to deny it was bad. I'm extremely sorry to have made it. I don't even remember why at this point.

quanchi112
Hey, Quan might be an annoying retard 50%... 60%... most of the time, but that post was beyond f*cked up. Times the time you single handily destroyed that tourney by at least 10.

Hell, I erased nvr's old posts about Galactus being swept aside by Darkseid (among other shit), and Masterbruce's quote about coming out of the vigilante closet for that.
smile mad

kevdude
Thanos will has been proven to have no equal in marvel with beings on panel. Lucy hasnt been shown to have a greater will than all dc characters. He is from Vertigo and has little to do with the dc universe. smile

In Lucifers own book he went beyond the Wall, now what about having little to do with the DCU again? wink

Superherovandal
Lucifer's will is much beyond anything Thanos could conjure up even on his best day.

Superherovandal
Uhm Thanos would for sure. Marvel's God needed him. Thanos's will is stronger than Lucy's. I'm pretty sure Marvel's God could have done it himself. He just didn't. Its much more amusing to have so guy that thinks that he's the most intelligent thing ever to be duped into doing it and then realising it. and Lucifer's will is so mighty that he actually managed to escape what God had preordained for him. THanos on the other hand didn't. Big difference in will. Lucifer's will is what created all of creation and all of the concepts when none of them had existed before. THanos merely used the THOTU to manipulate what was already there in the first place. Like I said big difference.

Erik-Lensherr
Lucifer is depowered on certain realms just because there are certain rules to follow. Thinking a Marvel character can Bfr and depower him by banishing him into another realm is idiotic to say the least.

His will is infinite, and his cunning and wit are pretty much second only to his father. Saying Thanos's will or anybody else's for that matter is stronger than Lucifer is, again, idiotic.

Living Tribunal beating Lucifer ? Based on what exactly ? There is pretty much nothing Living Tribunal could ever do to Lucifer while the former is at full power.

janus77
well, as far as I understand it "The Devil" is a conflation of various characters within the Bible and various competing deities to Yahweh, guys like Baal for example.

there is the story of Lucifer, fallen from heaven for pride. his myth repeats in The Quran too. there's the existence of djinns (demons? spirits? sprites?), of whom Iblis (Lucifer) was the only one spared when the angels came down from heaven to slaughter them. Iblis then went on to become God's most favoured (before Adam was made, naturally), thus the pride and fall narrative is set-up...

so I guess what I'm referring to is that conflation, as you're right in the technical sense, there is no "Devil".

oh and as to Goethe's Faust, it's been a decade since I last read the work, but I recall that he learnt remorse and repentance, that God forgave him... true it's not "tricking" really, but the devil did get outsmarted, in a sort of Shylok-Antonio sort of way.

janus77
Lucifer is depowered on certain realms just because there are certain rules to follow. Thinking a Marvel character can Bfr and depower him by banishing him into another realm is idiotic to say the least.

His will is infinite, and his cunning and wit are pretty much second only to his father. Saying Thanos's will or anybody else's for that matter is stronger than Lucifer is, again, idiotic.

Living Tribunal beating Lucifer ? Based on what exactly ? There is pretty much nothing Living Tribunal could ever do to Lucifer while the former is at full power.
LT should be powerful enough and wise enough to totally remain immune to Lucifer.

doesn't he possess omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence?
I know that hierarchically he is 2nd to TOAA but, Lucifer is merely an aspect of the powers of God, as such he cannot possess all three of the essentials of God-ness.

Power16
What can Lucifer do at full power that would make him win against LT?

Erik-Lensherr
Says who ?

These are terms thrown around by Marvel. Almost everytime something really powerfull shows up they like to call it infinite, omnipotent or the like. It still doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

'Will' just describes the role Lucifer has. Going by your logic, he is just will and doesn't have power. smile

What can LT do to Lucifer that would make him win against him ?

That was easy laughing out loud

llagrok
These are terms thrown around by Marvel. Almost everytime something really powerfull shows up they like to call it infinite, omnipotent or the like. It still doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

When has Marvel ever thrown it around?

I recall Odin addressing himself as omniscient a couple of times and Thanos doing the same. That's about it though.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by llagrok
When has Marvel ever thrown it around?

I recall Odin addressing himself as omniscient a couple of times and Thanos doing the same. That's about it though.

Odin(Omnipotent),Cosmic Cubes(Omnipotent),Galactus(Omniscient) Thanos w/Hotu (Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omipresent) or Thanos w/Ig (Omnipotent), Living Tribunal (Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent).

Off the top of my head.

Juntai
How about an entire race?

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10gp6.jpg

"The bodies of Watchers are containers for a kind of Cosmic Primal Force,
effectively Omnipotent, Indestructible, and Immortal unless they choose to die"

Juntai
How about Nightmare?

http://marvel.com/universe/Nightmare
Nightmare is virtually omnipotent;

Juntai
I could keep going.

But here, I typed in omnipotent on Marvel's website, and obviously every bio isn't going to mention others that have been identified as such in the comics hyperbole. It's still a fairly sizable list, including The Vishanti, who are omnipotent, Vangaard, Maker/Beyonder, BeyonderS, Eternity, to name a few.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Specialmessedearch?search=omnipotent

llagrok
Marvel.com is a fanmade site....

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
In Lucifers own book he went beyond the Wall, now what about having little to do with the DCU again? wink I said he has had little contact with the dcu. I know he has met up with the Spectre but hasnt ran into the Am,Superman,Darkseid,etc.

The point is he doesnt come into contact with many dc characters, just a handful right?

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure Marvel's God could have done it himself. He just didn't. Its much more amusing to have so guy that thinks that he's the most intelligent thing ever to be duped into doing it and then realising it. and Lucifer's will is so mighty that he actually managed to escape what God had preordained for him. THanos on the other hand didn't. Big difference in will. Lucifer's will is what created all of creation and all of the concepts when none of them had existed before. THanos merely used the THOTU to manipulate what was already there in the first place. Like I said big difference. What makes you think marvels god could have done this on his own.

Show me a scan backing this up please.

llagrok
Originally posted by Juntai
I could keep going.

But here, I typed in omnipotent on Marvel's website, and obviously every bio isn't going to mention others that have been identified as such in the comics hyperbole. It's still a fairly sizable list, including The Vishanti, who are omnipotent, Vangaard, Maker/Beyonder, BeyonderS, Eternity, to name a few.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Specialmessedearch?search=omnipotent

I still agree with you, even though I don't think Marvel.comic is a good site to use as reference.

quanchi112

Living Tribunal beating Lucifer ? Based on what exactly ? There is pretty much nothing Living Tribunal could ever do to Lucifer while the former is at full power. His will is infinite yet his fathers will is infinite as well,correct? confused

Name me a being that has a stonger will than Thanos from marvel?

Erik-Lensherr
The relevance of this is .. ?

Why would I do that ?

llagrok
His will is infinite yet his fathers will is infinite as well,correct? confused

Name me a being that has a stonger will than Thanos from marvel?

Wolverine.

quanchi112
Wolverine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

llagrok
He ate shreds of his own shoulder for months in order to survive.

Juntai
I still agree with you, even though I don't think Marvel.comic is a good site to use as reference. I also posted a scan of the Watchers being claimed as omnipotent, likely could do the same for Celestials, and tons of others.
It's not like I used the site as a crutch.

quanchi112
He ate shreds of his own shoulder for months in order to survive. Thats all he did?

llagrok
Thats all he did?

He stayed conscious after having his eye ripped out.

I also posted a scan of the Watchers being claimed as omnipotent, likely could do the same for Celestials, and tons of others.
It's not like I used the site as a crutch.

Yeah.

In Marvel's defense. Celestials seem to have some sort of omnipresence though? I'm thinking of their appearances in Thor and so on.

quanchi112
He stayed conscious after having his eye ripped out.

Yeah.

In Marvel's defense. Celestials seem to have some sort of omnipresence though? I'm thinking of their appearances in Thor and so on. Ok so you have proven Wolverine is a survivor and is tough. But that is about it.

llagrok
Ok so you have proven Wolverine is a survivor and is tough. But that is about it.

How do you define willpower then?

Wolverine is still going, despite having lost the love of his life several times.

quanchi112
How do you define willpower then?

Wolverine is still going, despite having lost the love of his life several times. laughing

llagrok
laughing

You failed to answer my question.

quanchi112
You failed to answer my question. It isnt a serious question therefore I didnt answer it. Anyone trying to prove Wolverine has greater willpower than a guy who became god should know better.

iceman24567
It isnt a serious question therefore I didnt answer it. Anyone trying to prove Wolverine has greater willpower than a guy who became god should know better. He has a good question will power may have a different definiton to you than him i personally don't see how becoming god means you have a lot of willpower.

llagrok
It isnt a serious question therefore I didnt answer it. Anyone trying to prove Wolverine has greater willpower than a guy who became god should know better.

Wolverine already had cosmic powers didn't he?

It's not like his goal is to become god....

Erik-Lensherr
It isnt a serious question therefore I didnt answer it. Anyone trying to prove Wolverine has greater willpower than a guy who became god should know better.

Quanchi logic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
He has a good question will power may have a different definiton to you than him i personally don't see how becoming god means you have a lot of willpower. Proof.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin08-2.jpg

quanchi112
More proof.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin09-2.jpg

quanchi112
Wolverine already had cosmic powers didn't he?

It's not like his goal is to become god.... The scans I have shown have crushed your eating his own shoulder talk.

Mr Master

But here, I typed in omnipotent on Marvel's website,
It's still a fairly sizable list, including The Vishanti,
who are omnipotent, Vangaard, Maker/Beyonder, BeyonderS, Eternity,
to name a few.
In Marvel there are different levels of "infinity"
so it's not surprising those beings are "omnipotent"
because they can all alter time/space/matter (reality itself) to a certain degree.

Vangaard's purpose is to literally erase any Universe in the Omniverse he deems redundant.
(1,000,000+ realities and counting)

Maker/Beyonder is a Universal creator/manipluator.
(Maker was weakened and vulnerable due to its mortal form)

BeyonderS (a fraction of their power can re-order all creation)

Eternity (embodiment of the infinite Prime Multiverse)

Vishanti (are "gods" withIN their pocket realms)

llagrok
The scans I have shown have crushed your eating his own shoulder talk.

Sure, keeping your focus through 2 seconds of torture is quite a feat smile

Air Legend
Sure, keeping your focus through 2 seconds of torture is quite a feat smile
no expression

quanchi112
Sure, keeping your focus through 2 seconds of torture is quite a feat smile He became god.

no expression

All you told me about is Wolverines survival instinct.

TricksterPriest
This whole thread is basically Quanchi ruining his credibility. Carry on, good sir, carry on. evil face

Air Legend
He became god.

no expression

Survival instinct is greater than plunging into the heart of the infinite laughing

Air Legend
This whole thread is basically Quanchi ruining his credibility. Carry on, good sir, carry on. evil face
At least he had some to begin with. smile

TricksterPriest
And that means what coming from you? whistle

quanchi112
This whole thread is basically Quanchi ruining his credibility. Carry on, good sir, carry on. evil face If you mean me backing up what I say through scans then I guess I am ruining it. Its funny you speak of credibility as if you have any at all. Take my advice and never take on anyone in a battlezone again. I mean anyone.

llagrok
He became god.

no expression

Pffft.

Thanos was playing into TOAA's plan, there's nothing impressive about that. The only decent will power Thanos has is when he traversed different realities and remained the same. THAT is willpower.

You're acting like Thanos became omnipotent based on his willpower alone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Air Legend
Survival instinct is greater than plunging into the heart of the infinite laughing Some of the stuff on here I hear just astounds me.

Air Legend
And that means what coming from you? whistle
More than your dim-witted mind can comprehend. smile

TricksterPriest
If you mean me backing up what I say through scans then I guess I am ruining it. Its funny you speak of credibility as if you have any at all. Take my advice and never take on anyone in a battlezone again. I mean anyone.

durquanchi dopedfu

quanchi112
Pffft.

Thanos was playing into TOAA's plan, there's nothing impressive about that. The only decent will power Thanos has is when he traversed different realities and remained the same. THAT is willpower.

You're acting like Thanos became omnipotent based on his willpower alone. He said in the scan that through his will he became god and took over possession of the heart. It is explained plain as day on the scans I set up. I win. smile

Air Legend
Pffft.

You're acting like Thanos became omnipotent based on his willpower alone.
Try reading the scan again.

TricksterPriest
It's a good willpower feat. But it's still not on par with Lucifer. And that feat doesn't count for prep time, since TOAA set it up so Thanos would do his dirty work.

quanchi112
More than your dim-witted mind can comprehend. smile Just leave trick alone he is at his best when he is flicking people off and really not debating. He trolls me all day long and doesnt stop. I dont take him seriously and have challenged him to a battlezone which he turned down. I mean hes a coward and made excuses with his debate against Mungi.

llagrok
He said in the scan that through his will he became god and took over possession of the heart. It is explained plain as day on the scans I set up. I win. smile

Naw man.

Wolverine beat Azazel, that's like defeating the great evil beast.

Wolverine defeated TOAA's equal numerous times. He has like 1000-1 win ratio against the GEB. Thanos wouldn't even be able to pull out one win. laughing

quanchi112
Try reading the scan again. Thats why I didnt put the link up but instead put the whole page up so everyone could see it.

quanchi112
Naw man.

Wolverine beat Azazel, that's like defeating the great evil beast.

Wolverine defeated TOAA's equal numerous times. He has like 1000-1 win ratio against the GEB. Thanos wouldn't even be able to pull out one win. laughing no expression

quanchi112
It's a good willpower feat. But it's still not on par with Lucifer. And that feat doesn't count for prep time, since TOAA set it up so Thanos would do his dirty work. When did anyone say it counted for prep time. Its the best willpower feat I have ever seen.

llagrok
no expression

It sure sucks to lose doesn't it?

Maybe you want some ointment for that burn laughing out loud

Mr Master
It's a good willpower feat. But it's still not on par with Lucifer.
What can be greater "will" ... than having the "will" to contain "God's" power?

Not a "separate creation" ... with a "separate will" (as I understand Lucifer is)

God's status/authority/power withIN the Marvel Omniverse. (THOTI)
And that feat doesn't count for prep time,
since TOAA set it up so Thanos would do his dirty work.
I disagree.

Thanos became aware of THOTI on his own during the "infinity abyss" affair,
and had been preping to find it ever since.

On the other hand,
it's moot to state that Toaa "set him up"
for in Marvel ... ALL things are set up by Toaa/god.

Because every story that takes place in the Marvel Omniverse is thought up/created by them.

quanchi112
It sure sucks to lose doesn't it?

Maybe you want some ointment for that burn laughing out loud Look how long it took this chump to adapt. His adjustment was quick compared to others.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/mute-02-18.jpg

To contains gods actual power through will alone is the greatest feat of will a character can have.

llagrok
Wolverine adapted instantly, and his body could contain omnipotence.

Obviously, Wolverine's willpower was strong enough to keep his body intact. He could contain TOAA's power inside his own body.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
What can be greater "will" ... than having the "will" to contain "God's" power?

Not a "separate creation" ... with a "separate will" (as I understand Lucifer is)

God's status/authority/power withIN the Marvel Omniverse. (THOTI)

I disagree.

Thanos became aware of THOTI on his own during the "infinity abyss" affair,
and had been preping to find it ever since.

On the other hand,
it's moot to state that Toaa "set him up"
for in Marvel ... ALL things are set up by Toaa/god.

Because every story that takes place in the Marvel Omniverse is thought up/created by them. Mr Master Trickster tries in every way to put Thanos down but he cant really. I wasnt even counting this as a prep feat anyways. He knew it existed but was really at the right place at the right time imo and only he could truly become god and that quickly. His adjustment took seconds.

TricksterPriest
My problem, Mr M., is when durquanchi uses it as a prep feat. He and others claim Thanos can replicate the feat with preptime. Which is BS, because that essentially means TOAA wants Thanos to win a vs. match, in which case, it's essentially pointless. And nowhere in Marvel's history is Thanos indicated to be favored by God.

quanchi112
Wolverine adapted instantly, and his body could contain omnipotence.

Obviously, Wolverine's willpower was strong enough to keep his body intact. He could contain TOAA's power inside his own body. no expression

Show me a scan of something pertaining to willpower and not survival instinct.

llagrok
no expression

Show me a scan of something pertaining to willpower and not survival instinct.

It's not survival instinct when you contain a supreme beings power within your own body, not when it happens through sheer willpower.

Mr Master believes it is a prep feat. TOAA knew only Thanos could handle this power and he alone could get the job done. Best feat I have ever seen.

That's what Wolverine wants you to think.

quanchi112
My problem, Mr M., is when durquanchi uses it as a prep feat. He and others claim Thanos can replicate the feat with preptime. Which is BS, because that essentially means TOAA wants Thanos to win a vs. match, in which case, it's essentially pointless. And nowhere in Marvel's history is Thanos indicated to be favored by God. Mr Master believes it is a prep feat. TOAA knew only Thanos could handle this power and he alone could get the job done. Best feat I have ever seen.

quanchi112
It's not survival instinct when you contain a supreme beings power within your own body, not when it happens through sheer willpower.

That's what Wolverine wants you to think. We are talking about Wolverine here and not Thanos. Thanos did this on panel. Show me something anything that Wolverine has done through willpower that rivals this. If you cant I win. wink

llagrok
We are talking about Wolverine here and not Thanos. Thanos did this on panel. Show me something anything that Wolverine has done through willpower that rivals this. If you cant I win. wink

Like I said.

Try to keep up now.

Wolverine took omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience. He could instantly handle it and stored all the power inside his own body. Thanos' body was too weak, Wolverine's body could handle it. Using his own willpower, Wolverine contained and controlled it.

He was bored with it and gave it up.

quanchi112
Like I said.

Try to keep up now.

Wolverine took omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience. He could instantly handle it and stored all the power inside his own body. Thanos' body was too weak, Wolverine's body could handle it. Using his own willpower, Wolverine contained and controlled it.

He was bored with it and gave it up. Either show me a scan or hush.

Mr Master
Look how long it took this chump to adapt.
His adjustment was quick compared to others.

To contains gods actual power through will alone is the greatest feat of will a character can have.
Btw. Akhenaten didn't merge with THOTI ...
he was only tapping a fraction of its energy.

And yet yea, it took him millennias to adapt.

Mr Master
My problem, Mr M., is when uses it as a prep feat.
He and others claim Thanos can replicate the feat with preptime.
Which is BS
I agree. As far as we know, THOTI can not be attained again (no matter the means)
it's been destroyed by Thanos.

llagrok
Either show me a scan or hush.

Don't blame me because you haven't read enough comics laughing out loud

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Hushx.jpg

There's Hush.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>