Silver Surfer/Magneto vs Thor/WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediSamuraiMRB
band

SumOfAllFear
what version of magneto ss and thor is it?

JediSamuraiMRB
Current

guy222
WWH/Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
WWH/Thor Agreed.

Thorion
WWTHOR

Erik-Lensherr
Silver Surfer/Magneto.

janus77
Surfer/Magneto.

Thor's not got enough power to take down SS, and Hulk's too limited in range and speed to be of much use here.

Magneto encases SS and himself in a defensive shield whilst Surfer just overpowers Thor with blasts and blackholes... and bfrs Hulk into a blackhole.

Unnatural-POWER
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer/Magneto.

Thor's not got enough power to take down SS, and Hulk's too limited in range and speed to be of much use here.

Magneto encases SS and himself in a defensive shield whilst Surfer just overpowers Thor with blasts and blackholes... and bfrs Hulk into a blackhole.

I think Magneto's best bet would be to encase himself in one of his shields and apply all his concentration on keeping it up and intact.

Meanwhile, Surfer has plenty of time to BFR Hulk before either Hulk or Thor has attacked him, because i seriously doubt he wants to get up close and personal with Hulk, although apparently doing just that with Thanos is acceptable by Surfers standards.

So i see Hulk being eliminated very quickly, leaving it with Thor vs Surfer.
I dont really like the idea of Thor being eliminated via a blackhole, but i suppose its a feasible sollution.
But like a lot of fights, when two characters have similar strength, and they're about as versatile as each other, speed would be the deciding factor, and in this attribute, Surfer has Thor beat.
Of course this is all my opinion.

janus77
the blackhole thing was just an idea... I'm sure there's hundreds of ways for Surfer to beat Thor. just blasting would suffice, no doubt.

also, the synthetic odin force thing might be a more exotic avenue to removing mjolnir from Thor's person...

llagrok
Magneto's going to create a shield? That'll take Thor 2 swings, either that or he can just absorb it. He has done it before and he can do it again, fact.

Unless Thor goes warrior madness or the Surfer decides to fight like an idiot, Team 1 would win. What is the Hulk going to do against 2 ranged characters?

Unnatural-POWER
Originally posted by llagrok
Magneto's going to create a shield? That'll take Thor 2 swings, either that or he can just absorb it. He has done it before and he can do it again, fact.

Unless Thor goes warrior madness or the Surfer decides to fight like an idiot, Team 1 would win. What is the Hulk going to do against 2 ranged characters?

I didnt see Magneto having much of an affect on the battle, so i just thought he would be better off staying out of it, i just figured Surfer would BFR Hulk before he smashed Magneto's shields.
Most likely Thor would attack Surfer rather than Magneto because Surfer would be the active member, not Magneto.

About the Thor smashing Magneto's shields idea, hasnt Magneto controlled Thor's hammer before?
If Thor did smash his shields, Magneto would probably be a dead man.

Overall, i dont see Hulk and Magneto affecting anything, whichever way you play it, not against the Surfer.
Just my two sense.

llagrok
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Overall, i dont see Hulk and Magneto affecting anything, whichever way you play it, not against the Surfer.
Just my two sense.

Agreed.

Erik-Lensherr
Thor taking down Magneto's shield in 2 swings ? I assume you're basing this of Journey into Mystery 109, in which case it's irrelevant. That Magneto was so weak compared to the pre House of M version it's not even funny. erm

Just a demonstration on how easily Magneto's shield (not even his strongest version) resists Thor's hammer aswell as She-Hulk's attack simultaneously :

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MagnetoThorShield.jpg

Do I need to add the fact that Mjolnir isn't immune to Magneto's powers ?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MagnetoHammer.jpg

llagrok
Aaaah, fanboys are great.

Originally posted by llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/random%20comic%20feats/Journey_in_to_mystery109-15.jpg

Erik-Lensherr
I guess you were.

smile

And I should report you for calling me a fanboy when I actually give arguments with scans, but I won't.

Unnatural-POWER
I figured Thor might be able to penetrate his shield one way or another, which is why i assumed Surfer would look after him by BFR Hulk then engaging Thor thereafter.

Mags should survive, but ONLY thanks to Surfer IMO.

llagrok
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
I guess you were.

smile

And I should report you for calling me a fanboy when I actually give arguments with scans, but I won't.

I think the fact that you choose to think that the avengers comic is any more valid than the journey into mystery one is ridiculous.

As of late, Magneto has no shield feats where as Thor has plenty strength feats smile

Erik-Lensherr
So now you're setting up the rules on which comic is more valid than the other, in order to suit your case better ? Lulz.

Of course, this is not to mention that the comics don't contradict eachother, since the Magneto from your scan is from an old comic from 1964, one year after Magneto made his first appearence (Lulz again) while mine is from 1987 (23 years later), in which he is much stronger, especially since he has been reduced to an infant and then reaged to his prime.

Seriously, stop grasping at straws.

guy222
team two

basilisk

Endrict Nuul
Team 2

Philosophía
This is an old discussion, and I never said Magneto beats Thor one-on-one, just that it's inaccurate to use the Journey Into Mystery instance to prove that Thor takes him down easily, since Magneto has gotten far more powerfull.

Magneto has took control of Thor's hammer and blocked it using his shield. Not to mention has even blocked magic attacks. And if we're going on the godblast route and such, then Magneto shuts his brain down/takes control of his body functions/separates him from his hammer, prevents it from reaching him by putting up a magnetic shield and kills him etc., most of them having a much bigger chance of happening than what you mentioned.

Anyway, back to the thread, Team 1.

Harbinger
Team 1, largely because I think that WWH is the weak link here.

basilisk

Endrict Nuul
Mags is the weak link on t1.

Philosophía
Originally posted by basilisk
Well, I was just pointing out that the hammer has the documented power to magically absorb the exact energy that Mags would have to employ to attempt any of those things. Thor just doesn't intelligently use a lot of those more obscure powers all that often.

Yes, it is highly possible he can absorb Magneto's shield. Though, that's not what I was discussing. smile

Cool.

I see it as team 1 taking it in almost every confrontation.

If it's Thor vs Silver Surfer and Magneto vs Hulk, Magneto would take care of Hulk faster than anybody from the other match would be able to win.

And if it's Magneto vs Thor & Silver Surfer vs Hulk, I see Magneto giving Thor much more problems than Hulk would do to Silver Surfer.

Newjak

Nihilist
team 1

Enyalus
Team one takes it, at least 8/10 times.

fangirl101
Imma have to go with team two. Mags isn't going to have the power to put Hulk down and Hulk won't be able to touch mags.

Which Leaves Thor and Surfer. With no weaknesses for surfer to Exploit with Thor, I can't see him beating Thor. Thor's Hammer is the great smoking gun. Surfer these days may be arrogant enough to think he can just block Thor's blast. Which would cost him his life if Thor gets it cranking. Odin Magic>.Surfer's PC

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Imma have to go with team two. Mags isn't going to have the power to put Hulk down and Hulk won't be able to touch mags.

Which Leaves Thor and Surfer. With no weaknesses for surfer to Exploit with Thor, I can't see him beating Thor. Thor's Hammer is the great smoking gun. Surfer these days may be arrogant enough to think he can just block Thor's blast. Which would cost him his life if Thor gets it cranking. Odin Magic>.Surfer's PC

See, I saw them matched up as Mags vs. Thor, Surfer vs. WWH.

Mags vs. WWH, you're right - would be pretty unfavorable to each contestant.

horrorwolf
Working together Team 1 should take this. Surfer reverts WWH to Banner, and then they team up on Thor.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Working together Team 1 should take this. Surfer reverts WWH to Banner, and then they team up on Thor.

Oh yeah......Team 1 ftw.

id369
So it comes down to
Surfer vs Thor
Magneto vs WWH.

Starscream M
What in the world could WWH do to Magneto?

Magneto could kill WWH in at least 10 different ways

Philosophía
Newjak, no offense to you, but after the Red Hulk vs Thor discussion, I'd rather not talk with Thor .. uhm .. fans. smile

Originally posted by id369
So it comes down to
Surfer vs Thor
Magneto vs WWH.

Or Magneto vs Thor and Silver Surfer vs Hulk. In any case, imo, the team takes it without big difficulties, imo.

Newjak

guy222
glad u had a good b-day young jedi

team two ftw

Tenebrous
team 1. As mentioned surfer removes the gamma radiation (or magneto does it) from wwh. Surfer can also use the PC to augment magneto's shields, or even give some of the pc to mags so he can use it independently to augment his power.

However, isn't current mags depowered?

The Great Galen
It comes down to Thor vs SS so Ill have to go with Thor here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.