Team Marvel vs Wonderwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SumOfAllFear
Invisible woman
Ironman
Polaris
Sunfire
She Hulk
Havok
Cyclops
Colossus

team gets five minutes to prep

first scenario no speedblitz
second scenario no rules

Cap'n Happy
Ridiculous. What have I been missing in the latest Wonder Woman... Does DC have her beating Superman and Green Lantern at the same time, and warning Jesus to watch his back? These story-lines today are a joke. I could show you WW comics from the seventies where Diana wore a white jumpsuit, had no power's, and had to use karate to take out garden variety thugs.
Those stories were crap too. The true power of WW (and ALL characters) has to be taken with an eye on the history of the character... that which is the most true, universally recognized aspect of the character. Diana would be wiped out in seconds against the firepower you arrayed against her, but I can just her some idiot writing back, "No way- in the latest JLA, Wonder Woman blinked her eyes and rearranged all the stars in the milky-way galaxy!"
Ridiculous.

SumOfAllFear
fight takes place in new york

SumOfAllFear
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Ridiculous. What have I been missing in the latest Wonder Woman... Does DC have her beating Superman and Green Lantern at the same time, and warning Jesus to watch his back? These story-lines today are a joke. I could show you WW comics from the seventies where Diana wore a white jumpsuit, had no power's, and had to use karate to take out garden variety thugs.
Those stories were crap too. The true power of WW (and ALL characters) has to be taken with an eye on the history of the character... that which is the most true, universally recognized aspect of the character. Diana would be wiped out in seconds against the firepower you arrayed against her, but I can just her some idiot writing back, "No way- in the latest JLA, Wonder Woman blinked her eyes and rearranged all the stars in the milky-way galaxy!"
Ridiculous.
i have always thought of wonderwoman just below superman in strength and speed thats the way she is portrayed alot

Darth Martin
Take Invisible Woman and Polaris out and she might take it.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Ridiculous.

Call me an idiot then. And I love posts that use the psych tactic, disagree with me and you're an idiot. Besides not even being in current continuity, WW had lost all her powers during the 1970s era you refer to when she was using karate. How well would Superman do against common thugs without his powers? But what is the one TRUE, UNIVERSALLY recognized aspect of the character? People don't seem to agree so it can't be universal. That she fights Superman and seems to hold her own? That she was granted the strength and speed of gods? That she can take a punch from Superman and yet needs the bracelets to block bullets? The history of the character is inconsistent as are all characters. But there wasn't one of those Marvel characters that have been shown to have her raw power level except maybe Havoc.

Now, the idea of trying to fight them all at the same time and they get prep and she can't use a speed blitz to take out the most dangerous ones right away is ridiculous. She has no chance in that one.

In the second one, she would speed blitz the most dangerous ones before they could react or raise defenses. She-Hulk last I heard lifts about 50 tons and Colossus 70. Maybe that's outdated information but if it is accurate, you cannot believe that is even on the scale of her strength feats.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Call me an idiot then. And I love posts that use the psych tactic, disagree with me and you're an idiot. Besides not even being in current continuity, WW had lost all her powers during the 1970s era you refer to when she was using karate. How well would Superman do against common thugs without his powers? But what is the one TRUE, UNIVERSALLY recognized aspect of the character? People don't seem to agree so it can't be universal. That she fights Superman and seems to hold her own? That she was granted the strength and speed of gods? That she can take a punch from Superman and yet needs the bracelets to block bullets? The history of the character is inconsistent as are all characters. But there wasn't one of those Marvel characters that have been shown to have her raw power level except maybe Havoc.

Now, the idea of trying to fight them all at the same time and they get prep and she can't use a speed blitz to take out the most dangerous ones right away is ridiculous. She has no chance in that one.

In the second one, she would speed blitz the most dangerous ones before they could react or raise defenses. She-Hulk last I heard lifts about 50 tons and Colossus 70. Maybe that's outdated information but if it is accurate, you cannot believe that is even on the scale of her strength feats.

Look, you make good points, and I appreciate your logic. And I'm not calling you- or anyone else- an idiot... unless they give Diana god-like cosmic level power (as I've know people to do on some threads.) About the universally recognized power of WW, I mean this; when they finally get around to making her movie, do you think the studio will look at current story-lines and say "well, I guess she's as powerful as Superman... let's do it that way." Of course not- any more than they'll go back to the non-powered, karate version. They WILL do the more consistently true version:
- About a quarter to half Superman's strength, and comparable speed and durability. Very, very powerful. But I don't think she wins this fight.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Take Invisible Woman and Polaris out and she might take it.

I agree.

tjcoady
Team. Pretty easily.

Honestly, I mean, the Cheetah gives Diana trouble sometimes.

Mindset
Originally posted by SumOfAllFear
i have always thought of wonderwoman just below superman in strength and speed thats the way she is portrayed alot

Clark is pretty much a lot stronger and faster when not holding back.

Bouboumaster
Diana die

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by tjcoady
Team. Pretty easily.

Honestly, I mean, the Cheetah gives Diana trouble sometimes.

..........That's hardly a low showing. Zoom gave Cheetah a massive speed upgrade.

the first scenario is designed to cripple Wonder Woman. It's possible for her to win, but Polaris or Invisible Woman could stop her. Even then though, if she uses the earth to heal, her tiara, and using the rope as a weapon, she could still win. She's far stronger than anyone there, and a vastly superior fighter.

With speed, she can't lose.

gogogadgetgo
scenario 1:
team slaughters wonderwoman

scenario 2;
team still beats wonderwoman though she'd probably be able to take some of them out.

b'sides, team has 2 of my most favority x-men stick out tongue with cycs and colossus...they cant lose laughing

but seriously, wonderwoman is like superman, her powers has gone up, and up and up and up blah blah blah that they are now officially part of the cheeze corps.

severance
Colossus and Shulkie will give her trouble for a little while they are not 50 ton and 70 ton BUT far stronger. As fast as she is she will not be able to defeat these powerhouses and avoid the ranged attacks of iron sunfire and havok. Team will have to be careful not to kill her

Bouboumaster
And Severance, that's if Invisible Woman just doesn't trap her.

severance
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
And Severance, that's if Invisible Woman just doesn't trap her.

indeed. This is overkill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.