Why is nearly every topic closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
First visit here in nearly a year and a bit dismayed to see the forum looking so awful.

General G
Because they go off topic...and this was asked in another thread...don't know if by you or not...but a whole thread was not needed.

kegs202
Originally posted by General G
Because they go off topic...and this was asked in another thread...don't know if by you or not...but a whole thread was not needed.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the thread rather than have the front page covered with closed threads. As I said it really does look awful and wouldn't look good to anyone visiting for the first time.

queeq
Well, whatever. Only a few topics are visited by more than two members.

General G
And those ones usually stay either on topic or have an interesting topic going on in them.

exanda kane
You mean you and Queeq having a jawing session?

General G
Hey, some of them are Star Wars arguments going on, but yes, some of them are rather off topic.

Schecter
indeed

queeq
Indeed.

General G
Can this one even get off topic?

queeq
Of course, once we start about something else.

General G
But it's not really about anything...

Schecter
then again, maybe it is

Bespin Bart
Originally posted by kegs202
Wouldn't it be better to remove the thread rather than have the front page covered with closed threads. As I said it really does look awful and wouldn't look good to anyone visiting for the first time.

I believe it's the owner's policy that we do not have threads deleted.

General G
Originally posted by Schecter
then again, maybe it is

About...deleting and closing threads?

Schecter
perhaps

queeq
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
I believe it's the owner's policy that we do not have threads deleted.

It is unless it's really offensive. And the simple reason is that your post count doesn't get affected by closed threads. They will by deleted threads.

Threads that go nowhere are closed so new ones get room.

Sesse
Then again...
Who cares about the post-counts?

Crease
Honestly, the quality of mods in the Star Wars forums hasn't always been as good as other forums (Comics Books, Philosophy etc..). No offense to queeq of course. Here's an example where a mod attempts to silence a critic of G.L. and then gets owned:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=407605&pagenumber=5#post6699161

queeq
I don't get the problem, Crease. PLease explain.

General G
I don't really get it either...but it sounds like he says you are not up to par.

queeq
Sounds like you have a friend. laughing out loud

No, I think he's complaining about PVS' post there. Although I don't quite get the connection with the mod. Maybe he thinks the mod (ush I think) correcten him and PVS was allowed to say something bad without being corrected. But then... who can correct PVS? Who wants to? laughing out loud

General G
laughing out loud I should get to know him. stick out tongue

Hmm...maybe...could be...yeah, no kidding!

queeq
Yeah...

General G
Confused?

queeq
No, good to see you agree with me again.

General G
Once in a while occurrence...but I do.

queeq
Happens a lot lately.

General G
Oh really? See the threads with arguments?

queeq
Go look 'm up.

Schecter
Originally posted by Crease
Honestly, the quality of mods in the Star Wars forums hasn't always been as good as other forums (Comics Books, Philosophy etc..). No offense to queeq of course. Here's an example where a mod attempts to silence a critic of G.L. and then gets owned:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=407605&pagenumber=5#post6699161

all i see is a frantic attempt to use the incorrect definition of 'balance' in contradiction to george lucas' clearly stated use of the word. (not that we'll ever get tired of that classic old SW forum fallacy.)

your implication that a mod attempted to silence a member's opinion is false. he merely stated his opinion (which in this case also happened to be fact).

while i agree that kmc's moderation is shotty, that has nothing to do with your example of public fanboy butthurt.

smoker4
Originally posted by queeq
Sounds like you have a friend. laughing out loud

No, I think he's complaining about PVS' post there. Although I don't quite get the connection with the mod. Maybe he thinks the mod (ush I think) correcten him and PVS was allowed to say something bad without being corrected. But then... who can correct PVS? Who wants to? laughing out loud

PVS, now theres a name ive not heard in a longtime

Originally posted by Schecter
public fanboy butthurt.

lololololololololololololololololololololololololo
lololol and rofl

vintageSW77
talking of mods ive been banned from STARWARSARCHIVES for the second time
you cant say anything slightly negative there
i offered the opinion why post your own rare pics if your never going to get into the hallowed CONTRIBUTORS ONLY forum
so now i just log in again with a new alias and poach the images on the regular forum after ive sifted through the so called rare pics on there
sure there are some goodies but some prick posted the pic of Vader on the Taintaive where he is pointing his finger at Leia the other week
jeez

Anyway
seeing as Darth Neo is such a pussy who doesnt like anyone voicing his opinion ill be posting a file containing the pics that he "aqquired" from Gary Kurtz that hes so possessive about on tuesday night on this forum for all to have

im also purchasing some stills in a few weeks not available on SWA and have 3 convention visits coming the end of the month where ill no doubt pick up some goodies so open up that rare OT pics thread again

General G
queeq kept it open just for this wink

Negativity? There's none of that here anyways, right queeq? hmm?

queeq
NO! wink

Look forward to the pics, Vintage. Always a pleasure having you around.

General G
That's what I thought. stick out tongue

Yes, it is quite a pleasure.

queeq
Indeed.

General G
But of course.

queeq
But in the spirit of this thread... time to close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.