question about the force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel
why cant any jedi or sith seem to be able to use TK on themselves? it would have saved them from quite a bit of trouble..
i mean, in ROTS, yoda could have stopped himself from falling, and then the fight with sideous would have continued..

queeq
Good question. Dunno actually, wondered that myself too.

General G
The fight with Sid's wouldn't continue for long though...some troopers came by soon after Yoda left.

JediRobin23
hmm, I think that they cant apply the force (make them levitate) to living creatures. In ESB Luke and yoda only controlled a rock, R2, and the X-wing.
Luke force jumped very high during the vader battle, so it probably takes some initial thrust (jump) with his legs. There is also the force push that Dooku did to Anakin which proves that a force push affects humans.
wow, thats hard to come up with an explaination.
Maybe Yoda was just too tired from the battle.

Sesse
Anakin lifted Padme by her throat.
as well as Vader lifted Needa by his throat some 20 years later. Needa was not exactly flying, and Padme had still her toes to the ground, but over 80%? weight lifting is impressive none the less...

Applied trick, but still performed with The Force,

If throat is ok, why not "grab" from the had? forehead? ass? crotch? Its all about imagination...

JediRobin23
well, there you go, they never actually left the ground.

I can think of ways of force grabbing Padme

queeq
Still odd though, because they can Force push living creatures. What's the difference with levitating other than that it's vertical?
Plus we see Dooku lift and choke OB1 before he throws him away in ROTS. I don't think that's valid therefore.

Sesse
Shit, I forgot that one...

Thats some levitation there.

queeq
It is indeed.

General G
Wow, another plothole/inconsistency...maybe they never consider it? Maybe Yoda knew the troopers were coming...when else in the series would they need to levitate themselves? Maybe it takes much concentration?

queeq
Cracking your skull open on a Senate floor does not?

General G
Well...then your not really concentrating when you are falling now are you?

queeq
Maybe using the Force to prevent brain damage?

Sesse
Then again, Does the star wars universe even have falling damage?

Obi Wan & Qui Gon jumping at episode 1
Anakin and the highway falling episode 2.
Padme jumping from the "monolith" episode 2.
Windus arena falling episode 3

And so on...
Who can blame them? Thats why there are no railings in their balconies.

queeq
laughing out loud

Luke got kinda damged from his falls. And they did have some railings in ESB... guess they learned.

Sesse
Damnit! Just in time to recover my blunder. Windus Arena fall was episode 2 of course! He went through windu in 3 though.

Glad that all the geeks were occupied enough not to pick on this one. smart

JediRobin23
hmm, in EP II, When dooku tries to force drop the above rocks on Yoda during the duel, Yoda catches them. So this proves that things that fall can be caught. However, it is non living.
It may be a concentration thing because Yoda tried very hard to stop the big stone pillar from landing on Obiwan and Anakin.
It wouldn't too be hard to believe that Windu could not stop himself from falling out the window cause he just got blasted with lighting after losing an arm. Or perhaps it was the lighting that killed him.
Yoda was pretty tuckered out as he fell and landed, then rolled, and his eyes were closed like he was knocked out. This could be from hitting the ground too as queeq mentioned.

General G
Yes, I would say it is concentration then...and for the fall damage...I know it is not the OT forum...but Luke didn't get hurt much from falling in ESB...

queeq
He had bruises...

Still, Yoda could have concentrated during his fall to make sure he wasn't hurt. He didn't seem bruised at all BTW.

General G
Do little green folk bruise?

queeq
Why not? They're made of crude matter, are they not?

General G
Yes, but how visible would the bruises be?

queeq
Dark green.

General G
How dark of a green? They would still be barely visible.

queeq
Near black.

General G
Wow, that is a really dark green then.

queeq
Yup... like when I punch you in the face it goes deep purple.

General G
Yes, but the purple would be more visible then the black on green.

Sesse
http://naurunappula.com/96544/1196551397192.gif
Force Kicks are real =O

General G
laughing out loud

I love it!

queeq
Cool!

General G
Boba makes me laugh.

queeq
Why?

General G
Did you not see him in the force kick thing? That was quite humorous.

queeq
Oh yeah... that was fun.

General G
Funny, queeq.

queeq
Yes.

General G
Not fun. Funny.

queeq
Was I disagreeing?

General G
Just re-iterating.

Faith27
Nice question huh....lets ask George Lucas about that...just kidding...smile

queeq
He oughta know though.

Sesse
About the Force-kick? blink

queeq
About everything.

General G
I am sure he knows about much.

queeq
All.

Rogue Jedi
OT....5, 6 and 4.

queeq
What does that mean?

General G
His favourites?

queeq
Dunno.

Sesse
So there.
No here.

queeq
THat explains everything.

General G
It is all clear to me now.

queeq
Finally.

General G
And yet that was but a small portion, I was clear with everything else before.

queeq
You thought you were clear.

General G
No, I know I am/was clear.

Sesse
Clearly you are right.

queeq
He never is.

truejedi
if i can use it here (which i probably can't, but i'm gonna say it anyway with that disclaimer) Ghanner Rhysode at one point TK's himself across a desert in some book or other...

queeq
Who???

truejedi
Ganner Rhysode: an EU jedi, the book is Dark Tide Rising 1: Onslaught .

General G
Oh no! EU!

Originally posted by queeq
He never is.

Lies.

PhoenixSam5
bump!!!!

Lord Lucien
Why?

queeq
Lies? Moi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.