Exodus Vs Prof. X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorion
In a telepathy battle. Who wins?

id369
Prof X hit him with all he had, and Exodus shook it off. >_>

Mindset
Originally posted by id369
Prof X hit him with all he had, and Exodus shook it off. >_>

Exodus was even to Emma in telepathic power now.

Looks like he's been depowered even more.

celestialdemon
Current Exodus would probably lose. Exodus the way he originally was would definitely win.

Thorion
Originally posted by Mindset
Exodus was even to Emma in telepathic power now.

Looks like he's been depowered even more.

See. They make him all uber in the X-men annual, then job him out when he's finally starting to gain some respect again.

complexbrother
I think in a purely psionic battle Professor X would come out on top, but if you add in all of Exodus's other abilties then he would come out on top.

guy222
QFT

Thorion
we also have to think about Exodus' telepathic resistance..I mean, the guy's taken all Jean had and only got a nosebleed. Then expelled her with ease.

Mindset
The recent Exodus was even with Emma in telepathy, they were so even Exodus couldn't use his other powers because he had to keep using telepathy in order to not be beaten.

Current Exodus isn't beating Xavier.

ExodusCloak
What garbage there is no classic and current Exodus. And since when is it a low showing to stalemate Emma Frost? Exodus pwned Jean Grey sans Phoenix twice, stalemated Sersi in terms of Psionic power and smacked down Thena in an indirect confrontation. In his weakened form he managed to give Nate Grey and Cable problems.
I see Charles taking the majority since he was recently upgraded but it won't be easy This is probably going to happen if you look at the solicits in X-Men Legacy #209.
Xavier pre-upgrade would be helpless much like he was during Bloodties.

On a side note Emma must really stink as a telepath to be sold so short.

Mindset
Xavier pre powerup and post is stronger than Emma.

The fact that Exodus stalemating with Emma despite his earlier showing having him above Jean and Xavier shows he has become weaker.

It's pretty obvious he is not at his blood ties level of power...

id369
They power him, and then they took it all away. Its not fair, this is the man that took on Avengers/X-Men. FUK U marvel, and your C&D orders.!

ExodusCloak
Xavier pre powerup and post is stronger than Emma.

The fact that Exodus stalemating with Emma despite his earlier showing having him above Jean and Xavier shows he has become weaker.

It's pretty obvious he is not at his blood ties level of power...

Actually Exodus was amped in Bloodties thanks to feeding off Sersi's psionic Energy. Once amped he pwned Jean Grey in that issue and then he pwned her telepathically in another issue where he wasn't amped.(Fall of Avalon Arc). His psychic static hurt Xavier in the Fall of Avalon as well.

Exodus proved that he was better then Jean Grey sans Phoenix. He never confronted Xavier directly in the Fall of Avalon.

So yeah he's obviously not at his Bloodties levels because he wasn't given the chance to feed of Emma's psionic energy like he did to Sersi because she didn't let him deploy his other powers.

Mindset
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Actually Exodus was amped in Bloodties thanks to feeding off Sersi's psionic Energy. Once amped he pwned Jean Grey in that issue and then he pwned her telepathically in another issue where he wasn't amped.(Fall of Avalon Arc). His psychic static hurt Xavier in the Fall of Avalon as well.

So yeah he's obviously not at his Bloodties levels because he wasn't given the chance to feed of Emma's psionic energy like he did to Sersi because she didn't let him deploy his other powers.

Let me put it another way for you.

Xavier > Emma = Exodus

And he fought Xavier when he had Luna, Quicksilver's daughter, captive, was that Fall of Avalon?

Well anyway, Xavier was only able to beat him with help from Black Knight and others.

celestialdemon
Stalemating Emma is most certainly a low showing for someone who was able to battle the Avengers and X-Men at the same time while psionically holding a telepath of Jean's caliber at bay.

ExodusCloak
Let me put it another way for you.

Xavier > Emma = Exodus

And he fought Xavier when he had Luna, Quicksilver's daughter, captive, was that Fall of Avalon?

Well anyway, Xavier was only able to beat him with help from Black Knight and others.

Which is what I'm saying. confused

And nope that was Bloodties. The Fall of Avalon is a different arc. His fight with Holocaust.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Stalemating Emma is most certainly a low showing for someone who was able to battle the Avengers and X-Men at the same time while psionically holding a telepath of Jean's caliber at bay.

He was amped during Bloodties thanks to feeding off Sersi's psionic energy.

And it can only be a low showing if you consider Jean Grey(Sans Phoenix) > Then Emma Frost. Which from their encounters with a non-amped Exodus says the opposite.

id369
Exodus was feeding of Sesi's energy? What issue and page?

ExodusCloak
Exodus was feeding of Sesi's energy? What issue and page?

It's during the Bloodties arc I'll have to go and look at my issues again to tell you the page but I'm sure it occurs before Sersi is told to stand down or around that page when she mentions how powerful he is. One of Exodus's many powers is that he feeds off psionic energy. Sersi for some reason engaged him using her psionic powers feeding him.

celestialdemon
He was amped during Bloodties thanks to feeding off Sersi's psionic energy.

And it can only be a low showing if you consider Jean Grey(Sans Phoenix) > Then Emma Frost. Which from their encounters with a non-amped Exodus says the opposite.

Where does it state he was amped with Sersi's power?

celestialdemon
It's during the Bloodties arc I'll have to go and look at my issues again to tell you the page but I'm sure it occurs before Sersi is told to stand down or around that page when she mentions how powerful he is. One of Exodus's many powers is that he feeds off psionic energy. Sersi for some reason engaged him using her psionic powers feeding him.

I have to respectfully disagree with you about this. Exodus didn't display any psionic absorbtion powers in Bloodties, nor was it stated anywhere. The only time he's ever demonstrated this power was against Nate. He never did before and never has afterwards, unless I'm missing something.

id369

ExodusCloak

Thorion
He's around Magneto Level when all his powers are taken into account.

Exactly what I think. Exodus is roughly Magneto level, with perhaps a little more raw-power while Mags is more experienced and skilled, imo.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Thorion
Exactly what I think. Exodus is roughly Magneto level, with perhaps a little more raw-power while Mags is more experienced and skilled, imo.

I'd role with that. But in any event current Xavier wins the majority here. And I'd put money on Xavier beating him on the Astral Plane in the upcoming X-Men Legacy #209/208? issue. Better get some work done now.

id369
I always considered Holocaust, a fairly strong mutant.

Thorion
I always considered Holocaust, a fairly strong mutant.

Same. If he was able to roll with Exodus without his armor, he must be pretty darn formidable with it.

ExodusCloak
I'd role with that. But in any event current Xavier wins the majority here. And I'd put money on Xavier beating him on the Astral Plane in the upcoming X-Men Legacy #209/208? issue. Better get some work done now.

Speak of the Devil:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/XMen_Legacy/Carey/XMenLegacyPreview2.jpg

Crease
Originally posted by celestialdemon

In addition to the above, he also held Quicksilver and Crystal motionless while slowly crushing the entire Island of Genosha with a Psionic shield none of the heroes could penetrate.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Crease
In addition to the above, he also held Quicksilver and Crystal motionless while slowly crushing the entire Island of Genosha with a Psionic shield none of the heroes could penetrate.

Except that point is made moot because his telekinesis is not the one under scrutiny.
It's his telepathy that is. He has taken on two Eternals on separate occasions telepathically stalemated one and looked like the victor in the other since Thena was on the floor trying her hardest to protect the Heroes for Hire. Took a psi-blast from Pre-upgrade Xavier and was barely phased. Those are high end feats. But that doesn't mean he one-uped Jean and Xavier telepathically at the same time.

And I have to correct myself on a few things. I just re-read the issue and found the incident where I thought Sersi says Exodus was absorbing her power. It was at the end when she was explaining to Gambit how powerful he is and how much he took out of her. I agree there is no conclusive proof to assume he was amped.

Exodus in Bloodties also didn't control every citizen in Genosha, he amplified the hatred in a mob which caused anarchy. He needed a machine in the 98' annual to control every citizen in Genosha. So from that we can say that he's no where near Moondragon (Dragon of The Moon) level.

However it should be noted that Exodus's defences were broken with Jean(sans Phoenix) and Xavier's combined mental assault. Jean was constantly probing at his defences weakining them while Xavier hit him with a Psi-Blast. Allowing the Black Knight to strike him down. Impressive yes. But to say he one-uped both Jean and Xavier at the same time would be inaccurate. He was around Wheelchair Xavier Level in terms of TP back then which allowed him to hold his own against the Professor. His Telekinesis which I'm not disputing here allowed him to dispose of the Avengers and X-Men, suspend Jean, Quicksilver, Wanda. His mental defences were breached when Jean and Xavier combined their mental assault.

As shown in X-Men #202 he considers the following to be in his league in terms of telepathy: Mr. Sinister, Xavier, Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

id369
Back in Blood Ties (and Fatal Attraction) , he made an impressive appearance. Only to tell, Xavier that while he is at his peak (due to age), Exodus still has much more to harness.

I thought to myself DAMN. That MoFo gots potential, and then he let me down like Tyson did. A few hard comebacks, but nothing worth reclaiming the title.

xmarksthespot
"Current Sinister" and "current Exodus" were blocked by Emma Frost...

...but then "current Xavier" was also blocked by Emma Frost.

So "current Exodus" being stalemated by Emma Frost isn't a low showing...

The only thing one can conclude is that Emma pwns. ermmhappy

Besides, Exodus was under the impression that he would win out against her telepathically eventually.

Upgraded "current Xavier" hasn't had any showings to suggest much of an upgrade at all anyway.

Mindset
Current Xavier hasn't done anything, so of course it doesn't look like he hasn't had an upgrade.

llagrok
If Xavier is more powerful, then I believe he would win every single telepathic battle. I don't see how it's possible for the other to take 2/10, if they're near equals. Exodus must not have had much time to feed of anyone's psionic energy, as he has really been written down lately.

id369
Pft, more power = more wanking >_<

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Upgraded "current Xavier" hasn't had any showings to suggest much of an upgrade at all anyway.

True, we'll have to wait till April to see how powerful Xavier is.

Erik-Lensherr
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Xavier.jpg

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Xavier.jpg

That's no big deal. He's been called that even when Nate and Legion existed on the Earth.

Wonder Man
Originally Exodus when first created was a different type of power...when he was on avolon. They down rated him to types of powers which were things like tk and telepathy. I had thought they were going to take him to some type of creator level only on a single individual level. Apparently they changed his directions.
I actually thought he had control over action. Does anyone remember that Exodus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.