"Depp to finish ledgers new movie"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.Maria
"Johnny Depp could be due to stand in for Heath Ledger, to complete what was meant to be his latest movie.

The Brokeback Mountain star had been in Britain just days before he was found dead in his New York apartment, working on Terry Gilliam's fantasy adventure The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus.

A source told The Sun: "There is a point in the movie when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in."

The insider added: "It's a weird fantasy, time-travel movie, so Heath's character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment. Johnny's not working at the moment so everyone is praying he will do it."

Meanwhile, Heath's ex-girlfriend Michelle Williams arrived in New York on Thursday night with their daughter Matilda."

What do you all think????

Do you think he should step in and do it??????
i was going to watch this film anyways (because its about bob dylan) because of the amazing cast that will be in it smile

If its true, it would an amazing testiment to heath for johnny to step into his shoes ...

Tramps Lady
o..m...g lmao. i wrote the exact thing just earlier on movie discussion...lmao

but i read that what'll happen is that they shot the first part of the movie. and heaths character falls into something, and time travels or something, and then johnny becomes him:P

read it on movie discussion, the article i read is there:P

T.Maria
okiem dokie smile

IheartPocky
But I'm Not There is about Bob Dylan. This one is too?

When I saw a picture of heath in one costume for this movie I thought he looked like Johnny. A little.

lovethemtigers
I saw this...interesting..and by the way, before Johnny I was a obsessed with Heath just a little...I loved him in the Patriot and A Knight's Tale....and thought he was real cute in 10 Things I Hate About You! I loved his accent and thought he was sexy in a rugged/bad boy sort of way....with a good quality...just like our Jack.

So very sad about Heath...and I'll miss that we don't get to see him in new movies......

IheartPocky
I was about to be obsessed with Heath. hehe! I could see it coming. It was gonna start with batman. I was excited to see what he was gonna do next!!!

willofthewisp
A Knight's Tale...such a comfort movie to me. I love it. I even liked him in Brothers Grimm and that's one of the worst movies ever. He was good in everything I saw him in.

Ditte3
I'm so sorry he died.

AudioHeart
Yeah me too, it was so sudden sad I feel sorry for Matilda!

IheartPocky
According to my awesome Entertainment Weekly magazine, Johnny Depp hasn't had any official talks of the movie and is busy prepping Public Enemies. It says they are just rumors.

Tramps Lady
either way....we can talk johnnybig grin

Ericadawn
It may involve a series of people who have worked with Heath, not just Johnny, but Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal and...

(Hotness meter explodes)

IheartPocky
lol seriously i dont know if a movie could handle that much hotness..

tee_pirategirl
*Fans self* That would be too good to be true

Tramps Lady
well, i just looks at ninemsn, and there was article on this:

Hollywood's version of the three musketeers is riding to the rescue of fallen pal Heath Ledger's final film.

Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Judge Law are literally embracing the all-for-one ethos, tag-teaming as Heath Ledger's character in unfinished The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

The BBC quoted a spokesperson for Law confirming the actors' participation, "subject to negotiations."

No further details were immediately available. There was no further comment Monday from the actors or filmmakers.

The fate of the Terry Gilliam-helmed fantasy film had been in peril since Ledger's shocking death Jan. 22 due to an accidental drug overdose.

Because the film focuses on a magical acting troupe and alternate dimensions, it is believed Depp, Farrell and Law will each play a different incarnation of Ledger's character, known only as "Tony."

According to Variety, Ledger's name helped the independent production secure its $30 million budget. Without its biggest star, the movie has three options, the paper said: recast, shoot around Ledger's absence or call "cut."

Filming on Doctor Parnassus began in December. The 28-year-old Ledger, who died in New York, had been shooting in London the week before his death.

Following Ledger's demise, Gilliam and the producers said they "will be assessing how best to proceed."

Heath was a great actor, a great friend and a great spirit," the statement said. "We are still in a state of deep shock, saddened and numb with grief."

Depp, for one, probably felt an obligation to help out Gilliam.

The actor had been one of the stars of the director's ambitious The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which was scrapped midway through production in 2000 after the elderly actor playing the title role suffered a back injury and was unable to continue.

Ledger did complete work on The Dark Knight before he died. The Batman Begins sequel, featuring Ledger as the Joker, is due out July 18.

soo.......

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
that's.. well, sad for Ledger.

and, johnny's so... so... helpful.... as always.

can't wait for this movie now... sorry for sounding so... indifferent... >.<

Tramps Lady
lmao...i bawled my eyes out when i found at he died, and its soo much harder in history, seeing as hes on the front page.
and my mum yelled at me coz i hardly new him, then i screamed saying "if this is how im reacting to heath, wat about if johnny or rob lowe died!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!" messed

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
I cried when Steve Irwin died. sad

Heath... well... I don't exactly know him, not before I knew he was going to be the joker... erm

Tramps Lady
lol..well he was australian, like steve irwin..so thats why it hit me hard

VioletEyesPop08
I found out he died on AOL News the seconds after I decided to major in Pre-Med Chem as opposed to Biology. I had just e-mailed it to someone. That was my last major before I left the private college for my health for good. I'm still out. And I'd been changing my major a lot after I changed it once. It made me depressed @ Biology, basically.

I went to Discovery Cove @ Sea World with some ppl, where you swim with animals, and I wanted a stuffed stingray, bc I was planning on making it my favorite animal, but then it killed him. But I got it, and when I left there were a bunch of dudes that looked exactly like him looking at me funny.

Also, before maybe he died I had some other illusion. I did like a best thing of my college dorm times by walking 9 miles to the aquarium and back, in downtown New Orleans. I wanted to get a stuffed shark before I went home, if I knew I was going, but I forgot. Not a big deal. But I remembered to get lots of other stuff, some of which I got rid of, many were just regular crafts, since moving, bc it was getting in the way of my life, when we moved.

If you think I'm perverted, don't say anything! I didn't think it was funny as a coincidence, but it still is something that blocks my mind on those topics completely. Smart (maybe old) ppl would understand.

All I think @ is that people can die, anymore, in fact. Life is hard enough as it is. I mean, really..

At our old apt. there were crocodillians in the water. The babies used to swim to me. I saw the big one. We were gonna take a pic, but I got nervous and it jumped up and forward and was hard to see and gone.

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
lol..well he was australian, like steve irwin..so thats why it hit me hard

ahhhh. so that's why- wait, heath is australian?

i'm wondering how johnny, if he gets the part, would twist his character to make it better this time... big grin

Originally posted by VioletEyesPop08
I found out he died on AOL News the seconds after I decided to major in Pre-Med Chem as opposed to Biology. I had just e-mailed it to someone. That was my last major before I left the private college for my health for good. I'm still out. And I'd been changing my major a lot after I changed it once. It made me depressed @ Biology, basically.

I went to Discovery Cove @ Sea World with some ppl, where you swim with animals, and I wanted a stuffed stingray, bc I was planning on making it my favorite animal, but then it killed him. But I got it, and when I left there were a bunch of dudes that looked exactly like him looking at me funny.

Also, before maybe he died I had some other illusion. I did like a best thing of my college dorm times by walking 9 miles to the aquarium and back, in downtown New Orleans. I wanted to get a stuffed shark before I went home, if I knew I was going, but I forgot. Not a big deal. But I remembered to get lots of other stuff, some of which I got rid of, many were just regular crafts, since moving, bc it was getting in the way of my life, when we moved.

If you think I'm perverted, don't say anything! I didn't think it was funny as a coincidence, but it still is something that blocks my mind on those topics completely. Smart (maybe old) ppl would understand.

All I think @ is that people can die, anymore, in fact. Life is hard enough as it is. I mean, really..

At our old apt. there were crocodillians in the water. The babies used to swim to me. I saw the big one. We were gonna take a pic, but I got nervous and it jumped up and forward and was hard to see and gone.

um.. we aren't exactly talking about Steve, we just strayed off topic a bit. now, back to topic....

VioletEyesPop08
I think it is not a big deal to anyone. Well, it is.. but.. what are they thinking? This is not an interesting topic anymore.

Who is not stupid?

Tramps Lady
yes, he was australian, he was born in perthbig grin
so it hit me very hard..it hurt:P what happened was i woke up, my sister asked me into her room and she said "i dont know if dad told you, but before he left, he told me something"
and i said "yeah?"
then she said "get ready for it"
and i said "just go!"
then she said "heath ledgers dead"

then i screamed "WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
i ran out of her room, and started crying, i turned on my comp to look to see if it was true, and it was, and i like broke down...

and my dad was at work and when he came home, he had to give me the biggest cuddle ever... so...thats my story:P

VioletEyesPop08
Aw... Death hits me hard these days..

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Originally posted by VioletEyesPop08
I think it is not a big deal to anyone. Well, it is.. but.. what are they thinking? This is not an interesting topic anymore.

Who is not stupid?

you don't have to reply if you don't think it's interesting.

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
yes, he was australian, he was born in perthbig grin
so it hit me very hard..it hurt:P what happened was i woke up, my sister asked me into her room and she said "i dont know if dad told you, but before he left, he told me something"
and i said "yeah?"
then she said "get ready for it"
and i said "just go!"
then she said "heath ledgers dead"

then i screamed "WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
i ran out of her room, and started crying, i turned on my comp to look to see if it was true, and it was, and i like broke down...

and my dad was at work and when he came home, he had to give me the biggest cuddle ever... so...thats my story:P

awww... *pats tramps* it's a normal reaction, i guess.

just... i dunno, i don't think it helps, but maybe if you put your mind on johnny.. umm.. the pain would go away? *grins sheepishly*

VioletEyesPop08
Originally posted by JCapt Jaeh_K.S
you don't have to reply if you don't think it's interesting. I haven't been able to avoid strife in my world at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.