Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/851/851206.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

FPS game that's supposed to come out end of next month, which I think sounds really interesting. It's set in an alternate timeline where the Axis forces had taken over Europe and are launching an attack on the US.

While I'm normally not a fan of FPS games, I think this one sounds neat - alternate realities are always a fun thing, plus the fact that your character is not a soldier but just a regular guy, and you're not fighting to win the war, just to survive it.

Sounds pretty cool, I think (certainly different from what you usually see), and I'm currently in the process of downloading the demo from Live.

Neo Darkhalen
Interesting.

@st
I downloaded the demo earlier, Ill check it out tonight. stick out tongue

Lana
Yeah, I'll probably give it a play once I'm back from work stick out tongue

@st
Im a little worried since its rated Teen, because when I think of Nazis invading America, I think mature. stick out tongue

Lana
Well, a lot of war games like that are rated T - up until COD4 came out, all the Call of Duty games were T, Medal of Honor games are all T if I remember correctly, etc stick out tongue

@st
Well there went my point. no expression

Estacado
The demo is horrible......ermm

Smasandian
Doesnt look too exicting to me.

I'll pass judgement until I play the demo.

InnerRise
Doesn't look like anything special. Another FPS in an alternate timeline. Has been done before.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Röland
Reminds me of Freedom Fighters for PS2.

Smasandian
Hopefully its as good as Freedom Fighters. That game rocked.

@st
Well the graphics of this game are absolutely hideous, but the concept is still very cool and very surreal to witness. I may rent it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah the PS2 graphics didn't impress me either.

But the game itself sorta reminds me of Bioshock.

Röland
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hopefully its as good as Freedom Fighters. That game rocked.

I loved that game. Wish I could find it somewhere for like $10.

Lana
Graphics don't bother me at all, and I rather like the feel of it.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'll rent it.

Smasandian
I might rent it if reviewers give a good enough score.

Reminds me of Medal of Honor series, especially those tunnels.

Overall though, saw some gameplay footage and it looks very generic, brain dead AI and it looks just dated gameplay.

I give it one thing though and its the setting looks atleast interesting, somewhat.

SaTsuJiN
I played the demo earlier... the atmosphere is nice.. but I really don't like the gameplay..

the aiming system is sloppy..you dont even need to do the behind the gun view since using the reticle is much more useful... if they hadn't already offered crosshairs I might be tempted to use behind the gun view

then theres waiting til your guy does a 180 and then backs up slowly onto a ladder, while he's getting shot... I'm sure you see where I'm going with this

really cool atmosphere and idea.. but I think another company should have handled it.... it doesn't know whether it wants to be arcade style or sim

but thats just my two-cents

Smasandian
I've notice about not knowing if its a sim or arcade.

But I'm leaning on arcade considering you can hit a button to get an scripted melee kill.

Smasandian
Tried the demo also.

Not impressed at all. Like I figured, just an generic game with a cool setting.

My complaints are that the graphics are very cartoonish and kinda of crap (love those jaggies), the grapples are ok, and the gunplay is underwhelming.

Love how I hit a guy a few times with a gun and he doesnt move, or get injured.

Probably not going to rent it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.