Rambo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Yea, saw it earlier after work.

It's got to be the most intense of all the films.

It's graphic and gory as hell, lol. Like it makes the other Rambo movies look like a soap opera. The kills in it are ridiculous. It's more violent than any SAW movie.

I love the movie poster. Good story too. Good job Stallone. It's the best action movie i've seen in years.

BackFire
I just saw this earlier as well and thought it was really really fun.

I was blown away by the gore; holy shit. Some scenes were downright brutal. Even a couple of kids are murdered. It was a wild and fun ride.

Dusty
Wow, maybe I should see this today.

Rogue Jedi
apparently Sly still has it.

General G
This movie...was totally badass.

Mairuzu
Saw it on friday, was so badass... loved every second of it..

only thing bad was maybe some of the acting was a bit meh
and it was a little short

but the action and everything covers that tall up smile

i recorded about 2 min of it to show my friends how badass it was so they can see it.. illegal i know but its only 2 min erm

Captain REX
Do the previous Rambo movies need to be seen before I can appreciate the new film?

BackFire
No

I've only seen the first one, and I barely remember it, and I enjoyed the new one.

tabby999
I'm really looking forward to this, but its not out for a while yet in Aus. There has been a couple movies where children get taken out brutally lately, AvP had a couple of kids go down too (not to mention pregnant women), and if Backfires given it the gore thumbs up, I'm there.

Darth Vicious
Damn this movie was the shit!! It was bloody and gory as f**k. 300 was a kids movie compared to this one. I liked the flashback scene(dream sequence) using the previous movies. It was so intense that a few women walked out of the theater. The only thing I was bother( only a bit) was that he stayed in that damn torrent/machine gun(jeep) and didnt get off for a while. I wanted more hands more hands on from Rambo

JediSamuraiMRB
Best Rambo was the first, but this one was bloody and violent and very good.

ragesRemorse
ive been meaning to see this. When i first saw the trailer some months back. I intended to see the movie just to see how bad it would be. I realized recently, though, any movie that revolves around a 60 year old sly stallone, pissed off, taking on an army and making shit dead cant go wrong. Stallone looks like a brick shit house in the previews .

Darth Vicious
I dunno if it was special fx, a double or what but when he was running through the jungle, he was flying! He seemed real fast for 60+ years old.

Menetnashté
Movie was so damn awesome, I wasn't expecting a helluva a lot but DAMN! Stallone can still kick ass like no tomorrow. Loved the Merc sniper to. it was sick at the end how they were just ripping through people with those .50 cal shots, and when Rambo ****s up all those guys with the bow pure GREATNESS

SnakeEyes
Man, I guess I better see this movie.

Mairuzu

SelinaAndBruce
Wow Stallone still has it, lol

Dusty
This movie was so awesome.

erikko
any news about the fifth installment of Rambo?

Rajendra
i don't think I will like this movie,I've seen the trailer before and Stallone seems to be too old to make another Rambo, IMO he wasn't fit for the film already.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by erikko
any news about the fifth installment of Rambo?

Sly has said that this Rambo was it for him. If the studio wishes than they would reboot the franchise with someone else as John Rambo

super pr*xy
i just got back from seeing this actually. loved the violence. there are a few wtf moments, but pretty realistic. when rambo was manning the machine gun... holy shit. school boy kicked ass... he needs his own movie.

and was it just me or did sly have fat fingers... i mean FAT fingers. bardock

bigtuna
i'm really looking forward to this. I loved First Blood, and even though i hated both sequels, i still had high hopes for this.

If i ever make it as a director, i want to remake First Blood, but make it more faithful to the novel. The book had a million times more violence and gore than First Blood and the first two sequels combined.

Darth Martin
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080204/120212106600.html

Rajendra
'm getting bored seeing this movie again, I don't think this could be more interesting than the first one.

faithxp
Ive been waiting for this movie.,

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
apparently Sly still has it.

It's more about its viewers still having an appreciation for nostalgia, really.

Sly barely has motor skills, much less "it" with regards to filmmaking.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's more about its viewers still having an appreciation for nostalgia, really.

Sly barely has motor skills, much less "it" with regards to filmmaking.

-AC "It" meaning he is still a draw at the theatre. I take it you have never seen Sly in a non action movie, his acting isnt that bad.

Alpha Centauri
"It" meaning he is still a draw at the theatre. I take it you have never seen Sly in a non action movie, his acting isnt that bad.

I know what you mean, and it's not that he's a draw, it's that he finally clocked onto nostalgia, and others bought it. If he had "it", he wouldn't have faded into nothingness.

The only other good movie he's ever been in, and been good in, is Copland.

I say "other", I don't know why. He hasn't been good in anything else.

-AC

Deano
apart from rocky

Rogue Jedi
I know what you mean, and it's not that he's a draw, it's that he finally clocked onto nostalgia, and others bought it. If he had "it", he wouldn't have faded into nothingness.

The only other good movie he's ever been in, and been good in, is Copland.

I say "other", I don't know why. He hasn't been good in anything else.

-AC whats that movie where he is a mob boss trying to go clean and his daughter is getting married to a banker? it has Chazz Palamenteri in it and Vincent Perez in it. Sly was good in that one.

Rogue Jedi
Here it is: http://movies.go.com/oscar/d811133/comedy

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deano
apart from rocky

I never saw why people liked that movie.

-AC

Bicnarok

Mairuzu
that sniper guy was badass

papabeard
I liked the new Rambo flick, it was kinda off the chain in places, good effects, well shot, stallones face of melted wax, lots of blood and guts, could have done with more of a denouement but good entertainment.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I suppose it's a matter of taste. You don't go and watch Stallone if you appreciate Shakespeare type acting. If you like action then Stallone, Schwarzenegger, & co. are a good bet.

Good point.

What I find shallow is how some people regard the others as stupid or low for watching and or maybe even liking a movie like the latest Rambo flick just because the film isn't Shakespearean in manner.

Forget that. It was Shakesperean in action.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think people are stupid or low for liking it, I think it's stupid and low to confuse a movie being good, with the viewer being hyped by nostalgia. It's like people who were young when Doom came out saying "It's better than all these new FPS games.", it's not, clearly.

If Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it wouldn't have got anywhere near the acclaim.

If you like it because of nostalgia, fine, but it is what it is.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I never saw why people liked that movie.

-AC you serious? Its the ultimate guy movie.

Alpha Centauri
you serious? Its the ultimate guy movie.

That's kind of my point, I've never bought into that kind of bs.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
That's kind of my point, I've never bought into that kind of bs.

-AC so movies like Rocky, Ryans song, Rudy, you dont get into that whole male bonding crack open a sixer experience?

papabeard

If Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it wouldn't have got anywhere near the acclaim.

-AC

No, but it would still be what it is, and it is sweet, sweet trash.

chillmeistergen
so movies like Rocky, Ryans song, Rudy, you dont get into that whole male bonding crack open a sixer experience?

People who need a certain of genre of film, to bond with their friends are a bit of a joke.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
People who need a certain of genre of film, to bond with their friends are a bit of a joke. I never said I made a habit of doing it, but I can understand why some guys get drawn into it. I tend to watch movies alone anyway. Easier to focus on the movie that way.

Alpha Centauri
so movies like Rocky, Ryans song, Rudy, you dont get into that whole male bonding crack open a sixer experience?

No, because I find beer gross, and find the herd mentality of "If you're a guy, you must like certain things." to be completely idiotic.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
No, because I find beer gross, and find the herd mentality of "If you're a guy, you must like certain things." to be completely idiotic.

-AC I never bought into it either, but I wouldnt call it idiotic. Different people are into different things, thats all.

Alpha Centauri
I said the idea that being a guy automatically makes you feel you have to like certain things is idiotic.

Not those specific things themselves.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I agree. I get made fun of all the time for some of ths shit I like, movies I watch.

FistOfThe North
I don't think people are stupid or low for liking it, I think it's stupid and low to confuse a movie being good, with the viewer being hyped by nostalgia. It's like people who were young when Doom came out saying "It's better than all these new FPS games.", it's not, clearly.

If you like it because of nostalgia, fine, but it is what it is.

-AC

This new Rambo was a good action movie. Is someone stupid in saying that?

And you must be crazy to assume i think early doom was better than Doom 3, lol. Doom 3 and mostly all current FPS kick the living shite outta 99% of past FPS. In fact i'm only into the newest FPS if they're good.

And if Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it still would've been a kick ass action movie. Sure it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the acclaim because it'd lack the starpower Stallone would bring because his popular connection with the film still would've been a kick ass action movie. One i would've still watched. Cause it looked raw and gory as hell.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This new Rambo was a good action movie. Is someone stupid in saying that?

No, I just disagree.

And you must be crazy to assume i think early doom was better than Doom 3, lol. Doom 3 and mostly all current FPS kick the living shite outta 99% of past FPS. In fact i'm only into the newest FPS if they're good.

Kudos to you, I love Doom, but some people take nostalgia too far. I prefer playing Doom to Halo, but Halo is clearly superior overall.

And if Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it still would've been a kick ass action movie. Sure it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the acclaim because it'd lack the starpower Stallone would bring because his popular connection with the film still would've been a kick ass action movie. One i would've still watched. Cause it looked raw and gory as hell.

So you agree, then.

-AC

=Tired Hiker=
I saw Rambo last Saturday night and it was pretty bad ass. I was never a huge fan of the other Rambo movies and I'm not the biggest Stallone fan, so therefore I did not go see it for nostalgic purposes. As far as an action flick, I thought it delivered. The violence was artfully done. The shots where limbs go flying off and blood splatters in every direction were great. This movie really sets up the bad guys as people who you really want to see die, therefore watching Rambo and the other soldiers kill them was very satisfying. Worth seeing? Yes. I even liked it better than Cloverfield.

Endrict Nuul
Just saw it and I loved it...

Again, another well made movie from Sly to complete a series.

faithxp
I've watched its movie trailer and I find it very awesome., and from that I'm planning to watch it.,

TheFunkyApe
I wasn't going to see this movie until almost everyone on here convinced me I have to see it. Now I will definitely have to sit down and watch it. i am excited eek!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by TheFunkyApe
I wasn't going to see this movie until almost everyone on here convinced me I have to see it. Now I will definitely have to sit down and watch it. i am excited eek!

Yea, go watch it. You'll like it.

It's a kick a$$ action movie. It's definetely not for the faint of heart, so buckle up.

=Tired Hiker=
People die!

Alpha Centauri
Gotta love Stallone's outlook on this movie.

"People find war glamourous, this shows that it's not.".

Of course, in his ever infinite wisdom, he chose to show that war is not fun, a game or glamourous by filming a movie in which armies get blown apart by a man on his own who can barely form a coherent sentance.

-AC

regina414
Originally posted by Rajendra
i don't think I will like this movie,I've seen the trailer before and Stallone seems to be too old to make another Rambo, IMO he wasn't fit for the film already.

Among the young actors today, who do you think is fit for the part?

Endrict Nuul
Why would SLY give his baby over to another actor? when he started it and wants to end it on a good note.

faithxp
regina414 A wrestler star may do., Just like Batista.,

Phat_Crabs
Gotta love Stallone's outlook on this movie.

"People find war glamourous, this shows that it's not.".

Of course, in his ever infinite wisdom, he chose to show that war is not fun, a game or glamourous by filming a movie in which armies get blown apart by a man on his own who can barely form a coherent sentance.

-AC

Foo, you even see da movie? He only fights one army and he does not work alone. You just be preachin up here like you know sump'n.

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't actually negate my point.

-AC

faithxp
Rambo was so popular., and almost everyone knows it.,

MildPossession
Indeed, he was rather good in Cop Land compared to a lot of his other work. Also had James Mangold to get it out of him in Cop Land.

As for the Rambo movies, I have yet to see a single one.

Rajendra
well I saw the movie and it was quiet interesting, the action are good, the guns and the effects but I just didn't like to see Stallone again, he seems to be so old on this film.

Cory Chaos
This was pure entertainment, and it wasn't as heavy with the politcal agenda as I thought it would be. Hell, Burma has yanked it from their theatre for making them look bad, even though it's art imitating life. The black market copies are selling like hotcakes though, lol.

The Burmese know the truth..

Deano
its a good movie. nothing more nothing less. First Blood is still the better movie

Faith27
Is it true that this is the bloodiest Rambo film ever because of the numbers of people he killed.

Kazenji
and find the herd mentality of "If you're a guy, you must like certain things." to be completely idiotic.

Yea such as if your a guy you must automatically like Cars.....pretty much be petrol head

queeq
Originally posted by Deano
its a good movie. nothing more nothing less. First Blood is still the better movie

You actually paid money to see it?

Deano
no i didnt actually smile

regina414
I haven't seen this new Rambo film. Do you think this will be the last one?

queeq
We can only hope.

BackFire
I paid to see it, and had fun, too.

Nordicdusk
Im leaving soon to go to the cimema to go see Rambo and i cant wait i have hear its good for good mindless fun. So hoping for a good entertaining night all round.

Mairuzu

Antediluvian89
Saw it a few days ago. The story was mostly lame as well as the acting and dialouges. So, if you take away all the extremely gory and bloody action-scenes, it was mostly bad.

4/10 at best.

queeq
I bet the end credits looked allright...

=Tired Hiker=
The end credits were amazing! The font was pleasant to the eyes, and the scroll speed was not to fast, not too slow, but just right.

FistOfThe North
yea, this movies' definetely not for the artsy hearted. So metros, stay away.

hehe

queeq
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The end credits were amazing! The font was pleasant to the eyes, and the scroll speed was not to fast, not too slow, but just right.

But it took a bit too long for it to get started?

coolmovies
is the violace better then 300?

FistOfThe North
^ i've never even heard of "violace" but if your comparing it to 300, it sounds like fun.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Antediluvian89
Saw it a few days ago. The story was mostly lame as well as the acting and dialouges. So, if you take away all the extremely gory and bloody action-scenes, it was mostly bad.

4/10 at best.

... are you serious?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Antediluvian89
So, if you take away all the extremely gory and bloody action-scenes, it was mostly bad.

well...,yeah, it's Rambo, mate.

I enjoyed the movie. I never liked the two sequels and was never to fond of first blood. Anyone that watches this movie is only watching it to see Rambo murder. Thankfully, in this film, he does it in style.

Mr Parker
I hated the last two Rambo movies made after the original First Blood so I just cant bring myself to see this movie.

Phantom Ghost
I think this was a worthy sequel filled with lots of gory action and cool moments for Rambo's character. I just wish it was a little longer.

coolmovies
I'll be picking this up when this is out

Rogue Jedi
when is it out?

coolmovies
Its out at the end of next month

ragesRemorse
rambo and a 50. cal = a lot of dead bodies

coolmovies
There gonna make rambo 5 sad

MildPossession
Saw this last night and it was not memorable at all... so a fifth coming, ugh. I've yet to see the other Rambo movies, will I feel the same? stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by coolmovies
There gonna make rambo 5 sad

As skeptical non rambo fan. I was pleasantly satisfied with Rambo4 . It was like a a true 80's action flick with some modern style thrown in. I've always liked Stallone and considering how much he has done for action movies. I thought he deserved another Rocky and Rambo movie if he really wanted to put those characters to rest in a different way. I thought he succeeded in doing so with both Balboa and john Rambo. With the news of a 5th Rambo, im quick to jump to the conclusion that this outing is no longer a nostalgic mission, but an attempt to milk a dying cow that once harvested nothing but money.

Rogue Jedi
Is it just me, or was Rambo even more badass in Rambo 4 than the others?

Patient_Leech
I picked this up on blu-ray today, cuz it was cheap. It was kind of a blind-buy, but I saw some of it on TV a while back and thought it looked pretty fun, even though it didn't get great reviews. I like a good Stallone action/adventure. I just watched Cliffhanger again, so that kind of got me pumped for Stallone, lol. Look forward to watching this. Critics didn't like it, but it sounds like people did... haha

Esau Cairn
I had to laugh at the montage of Rambo making his own machete.

I mean they're like a dime a dozen living in the jungle but we had to have a "Rocky Style Training Sequence" with the music pumping as he's sweating away making the thing from scratch.

Patient_Leech
This was one of the bloodiest things I've ever seen. I give it 4 & 1/2 severed limbs.

I read an article that said a 5th film is in the works. The article also suggested rather eloquently that "Final Stand" should have Rambo go down in a blaze of glory and end it. I tend to agree. I think that would be fu*king awesome. After all, you play with fire for so long, you're bound to get burnt. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Patient_Leech
Oh my lord god, why have I waited until now to see the original Rambo. That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Haha.. Can't wait to see numeros 2 and 3... laughing

Are parts II and III half-decent? They look like good fun...

Esau Cairn
Leech- I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or genuine regarding not seeing any of the previous Rambos...?

Hermoine02
Such a great movie love this movie thanks for sharing.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Leech- I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or genuine regarding not seeing any of the previous Rambos...?

I am for realz. Just never saw 'em for some reason. Probably wasn't allowed to when I was younger and then forgot about 'em. So seriously, are II and III still good macho escapism? Cuz i'm thinking about a blind blu-ray buy..

Patient_Leech
Oh, and the UHF parody always made it just seem silly... this is hilarious, though... laughing

8n1hKQULa9Y

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I am for realz. Just never saw 'em for some reason. Probably wasn't allowed to when I was younger and then forgot about 'em. So seriously, are II and III still good macho escapism? Cuz i'm thinking about a blind blu-ray buy..

They're ok...but watching them now they will feel very outdated.
I mean they were very typical for action movies of the late 80's....big explosions, guns that don't run out of ammo & bad guys who can't shoot straight....

Patient_Leech
Lol, yeah. But the first one was obviously an older movie, but it really didn't feel too dated. I still really enjoyed it. II and III are much more dated?

Esau Cairn
Well Firstblood was true to the novel that it was based on.
It was a simple yet serious & violent story.

2 & 3 were basically an excuse to put a big gun in Rambo's hands & get him to save some POWS or stop the Russian army on his lonesome...

Outdated, as in, there's nothing new, you've seen it all before...

Kazenji
Well Firstblood was true to the novel that it was based on.
It was a simple yet serious & violent story.

Just had a look at that novel on wikipedia

Rambo dies at the end of it.

Patient_Leech
2 & 3...

Outdated, as in, there's nothing new, you've seen it all before...

Oh okay, well I don't mind that, as long as they're awesome.. haha

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just had a look at that novel on wikipedia

Rambo dies at the end of it.

It's a good book, Rambo felt a lot different to me in the book, as did several other characters. I don't have the book so I couldn't check but situations and events are also, I think, changed.

I found it funny when Morell wrote the sequel based off the movie and starts the foreward with something like 'in my first book Rambo died, however he lives on in the movies', I thought, oh, come on, that's the lamest excuse for an author to continue with a dead character. Money talks.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I found it funny when Morell wrote the sequel based off the movie and starts the foreward with something like 'in my first book Rambo died, however he lives on in the movies', I thought, oh, come on, that's the lamest excuse for an author to continue with a dead character. Money talks.

"Who cares?" I say. Rambo II is pure unadulterated epic greatness. Just watched it. You can kind of tell it was written by James Cameron and Stallone.

laughing

roughrider
Hard to get over how distorted Sly's face & neck was in this movie; the after effects of taking human growth hormone to get in shape for the film (illegal in North America, but not in Thailand it seems.)

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Phantom Ghost
I just wish it was a little longer.

I kind of thought the same thing. Did anyone know that there's an extended cut: Amazon.com? Anybody seen it? I think it's like 9 minutes longer. The deleted scenes on the theatrical cut blu-ray are mostly repeated or extended, but wouldn't have added much. There was one scene where Rambo takes care of a cut on her foot that I thought was pretty good and should have been in the film.

Patient_Leech

roughrider
Oh, geez... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I thought Stallone was being truthful when he says Rambo was ready to be rebooted with a younger actor in the role. THE MAN IS 66 YEARS OLD. How much HGH will he take for the next one?

Esau Cairn
Yeah I really liked the idea of Rambo hunting down a monster hybrid, that was supposedly set in the snow.

The other rumour was Rambo rescuing kids from a Satanic cult.

But yeah the guy's 66...might be time for a prequel or introduce a protege to the franchise.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
How much HGH will he take for the next one?

Hopefully enough to make him even more Rambawesome... haha.. laughing

Yeah I really liked the idea of Rambo hunting down a monster hybrid, that was supposedly set in the snow.

No, no, no... I like monster Sci-fi action as much as the next guy (probably more), but that kind of stuff doesn't belong in the Rambo 'verse...

The other rumour was Rambo rescuing kids from a Satanic cult.

Hey, that's not so bad.. the missionaries from number IV could turn out to be cult leaders. stick out tongue

But yeah the guy's 66...might be time for a prequel or introduce a protege to the franchise.

No, no... I like the idea of one more to have him go down in a blaze of glory. "Live by the sword, Die by the sword." He should have a brutal and epic death sequence (hopefully that's why it's called "Last Stand." It's gonna be painful to watch these movies get rebooted and have them be filled with tons of stupid CGI.

swill388
This is really true that "Being good isn't always about being nice."

Patient_Leech
Stallone reveals a little about the new Rambo he's cooking up...

Clicky

Sounds like Rambo will be going out in a blaze of glory. Sweet.

maheshbalan
i like Rambo 1 and 2 very much.....Stallone still looks young at 64 years age.....

Patient_Leech
Good news perhaps...

Is Rambo V Back On? Surprise Movie Poster Suggests It Is

http://d1fgn7wex1bhjn.cloudfront.net/assets/tarantulaV2/article_images/1360668726_RamboIIM60E3-3.jpg

http://d1fgn7wex1bhjn.cloudfront.net/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1360668022_RAMBO5.jpg

Robtard
That looks like a still from Rambo 4.

quanchi112
One more rambo is fine. An epic death would do nicely.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
That looks like a still from Rambo 4.

Good detective work, Sherlock. Probably because they haven't actually filmed anything yet.

Robtard
Oh, little boy is angry again. Who picked on you today?

simonsmi
Amazing------------------------smile

Patient_Leech
We have received very sad news today. Stallone is retiring as Rambo...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/05/sylvester-stallone-officially-retires-from-rambo-role?watch

I am saddened. I was looking forward to seeing one more final blaze of glory. sad

quanchi112
Maybe it's time. I too read this the other day. I trust stallone's judgment. The last Rambo was very entertaining.

Esau Cairn
I found the last Rambo a bit too brutal for my liking.
At least with 2 & 3 they were too over the top to be taken seriously & enjoyed re-watching them with my 9 yr old son. But the last one is just a bit too graphic to be considered enjoyable viewing.

queeq
Yup, that's old Sly's style these days. Shooting people in half. wink

steverules_2
Rambo shot first

Esau Cairn
Plus that silly montage of Rambo making his own machete was pretty cringe worthy.

steverules_2
You watched Rambo 3 with your son?? Were you punishing him?

Esau Cairn
He actually found them a bit boring.
Obviously all the action scenes back then don't live up to today's cgi tech.

steverules_2
I just wanna know why you hate your son so much that you had him endure Rambo 3

Patient_Leech
He actually found them a bit boring.
Obviously all the action scenes back then don't live up to today's cgi tech.

I like Rambo 3. The action is cool. F#ck today's CGI.

quanchi112
I found the last Rambo a bit too brutal for my liking.
At least with 2 & 3 they were too over the top to be taken seriously & enjoyed re-watching them with my 9 yr old son. But the last one is just a bit too graphic to be considered enjoyable viewing. If it's too brutal why let a nine year old watch it ?

steverules_2
I like Rambo 3. The action is cool.

If you are somewhere that isn't on the ground floor, please find a window, any window, and please proceed to jump out of it

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2

laughing out loud

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
If it's too brutal why let a nine year old watch it ?

I watched Rambo 4 on my own, years ago.
I watched Rambo 2 & 3 with my son last year & refuse to show him 4.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2

I'm showing him all the "cool" 80's & 90's action flicks I grew up watching.

A lot of cliched guns that never run out of ammo & explosions that throw the bad guys into the air.

Patient_Leech

A lot of cliched guns that never run out of ammo & explosions that throw the bad guys into the air.

So you're giving him great lessons in realism and physics. thumb up

Inhuman
Son of Rambo when?

Robtard
We have received very sad news today. Stallone is retiring as Rambo...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/05/sylvester-stallone-officially-retires-from-rambo-role?watch

I am saddened. I was looking forward to seeing one more final blaze of glory. sad

He is a bit long in the tooth to be Ramboing it up, but he should have done another Rambo considering the last one as decent, instead of those crappy Expendables flicks, couldn't even finish the last one.

queeq

So why Rambo then? wink

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
He is a bit long in the tooth to be Ramboing it up, but he should have done another Rambo considering the last one as decent, instead of those crappy Expendables flicks, couldn't even finish the last one.

Yeah, exactly. If he craps out a bunch more Expendables movies I'm gonna be pissed. Too old? Use a stunt double! I don't care. Just make the final movie!

queeq
He can't...

Tzeentch
If the last one was good then what's the incentive to make another one? Keep pumping them out until they're shit?

I respect the man for knowing his limits. I'm glad he decided to handle the Rocky mantle over to someone else instead of trying to keep it going himself, too.

queeq
He even pumped them when they WERE shit.

Esau Cairn
I don't think it much about finding a "worthy"'script.
Stallone's a walking bundle of pain. His body can't the rigour anymore.
Filming in exotic places usually means you're pretty far away from hospitals if you get injured.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Tzeentch
If the last one was good then what's the incentive to make another one? Keep pumping them out until they're shit?
He just feels like a character that should have an end. "You live by the sword, you die by the sword." I feel like he should be brought to a bloody conclusion. It feels unfinished. Like a movie without a 5-10 minute resolution at the end.

So no, of course I don't think they should be pumped out until they're shit. It wouldn't matter if a new one was a little less intense than the previous film. It would just mean it would have to be approached a little differently, which is fine. This stupid Hollywood notion that everything has to be bigger, louder, bloodier, dumber each time is just what we're used to.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>