Shuma Gorath vs Thanos w/Power Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Gorath has fully manifested into universe 616, Thanos has the powergem with him...can he pull out a upset.

skyfather
wtf

Laminator_X
Wow. I think this is the first match I've seen where I'd call a loss for SG. Thanos is one of the few who could use the Power Gem to its full potential. Anything less than that and Shuma-Gorath would win.

llagrok
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Wow. I think this is the first match I've seen where I'd call a loss for SG. Thanos is one of the few who could use the Power Gem to its full potential. Anything less than that and Shuma-Gorath would win.

Proof.

celestialdemon
The win would still go to Shuma.

Mr Marvel
Thanos for the win.

Thanos is perhaps the most balance character in Comics, then you give him literally unlimited power. Not that "unlimited" power crap that Apocalypse and the Fallen One and so many others have, but actual unlimited amounts of power.

He already has the Greatest mind and accomplished more than any other character has, now you see fit to give potentially the only person who can properly wield the Gems, the one granting him Unlimited power.

Thanos beats 99% of Marvel when in possession of the Power Gem. Thanos 9.9/10

PS-If w/in Shuma's own dimension where he is omipotent then things might be a little bit different.

Sundipped
It would take more than the Power gem to put down Shuma.

Mr. Slippyfist
IMO.

Shuma is overrated as ****.
The Power Gem is overrated as ****.

Spin the wheel.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Laminator_X

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Shuma just magic it away? The gem's true potential is giving out unlimited energy for the other 5, not working on it's own.

Laminator_X
True, but Thanos has shown himself to be competant enough to use an individual Gem at very high levels, as when he used the Reality Gem (by itself) to ressurect Mar-Vell for a bit.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
Thanos for the win.

Thanos is perhaps the most balance character in Comics, then you give him literally unlimited power. Not that "unlimited" power crap that Apocalypse and the Fallen One and so many others have, but actual unlimited amounts of power.

He already has the Greatest mind and accomplished more than any other character has, now you see fit to give potentially the only person who can properly wield the Gems, the one granting him Unlimited power.

Thanos beats 99% of Marvel when in possession of the Power Gem. Thanos 9.9/10

PS-If w/in Shuma's own dimension where he is omipotent then things might be a little bit different.

Thanos would beat a lot more than 99% of Marvel without the power gem.....

Does Thanos have any power gem feats?

Mr Marvel
Originally posted by llagrok
Thanos would beat a lot more than 99% of Marvel without the power gem.....

Does Thanos have any power gem feats?

I don't think he has any real feats w/ the power gem however he did successful harness the power of the most difficult and powerful gem (reality gem) which would imply that his knowledge of the Gems is Unparalleled.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
I don't think he has any real feats w/ the power gem however he did successful harness the power of the most difficult and powerful gem (reality gem) which would imply that his knowledge of the Gems is Unparalleled.

Sure, implications are always fun.

complexbrother
Thanos would give SG a hard time by his lonesome. but if you add in unlimited strength and power (think about it, unlimited power and strength) then it's a wrap for the demon .

Bouboumaster
If Galactus can beat Shuma, Thanos with the PG do the same thing, but easier.

Endless Mike
You know I recently downloaded all of the comics featuring Shuma-Gorath so I'm probably going to make a respect thread for him in a few weeks

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You know I recently downloaded all of the comics featuring Shuma-Gorath so I'm probably going to make a respect thread for him in a few weeks

Awesome. There needs to be one.

Mr Master
Question?

Did Dr Strange beat Shuma?

Yes or no please.

Then there's this question is applicable (Strange beat Shuma)

Did Strange use trickery/call on other powers/or used his artifacts? (prep)

And, was it in Shuma's realm?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mr Master
Question?

Did Dr Strange beat Shuma?

Yes or no please.

Then there's this question is applicable (Strange beat Shuma)

Did Strange use trickery/call on other powers/or used his artifacts? (prep)

And, was it in Shuma's realm?
Anywho,
I only asked becuase Strange got completely owned by the Power Gem alone.
In fact, Strange had ample Prep,
he even gathered All of his artifacts/talismans and combined them to use a one,
Power Gem/Warlock still stomped him and nearly annihilated Strange,
luckily at the last moment,
Strange was able to commune with Warlock via telepathy
(a quick vision of the immediate future)
Warlock felt bad and spared Strange.

TricksterPriest
that was the power gem being used with the other gems. Yes, it may have been the power of the single gem alone, but with the others around it, the power and abilities of them can be better controlled. As you yourself pointed out, you need the other 5 to make any reality change permanent, and to control the soul gem, etc.

The way Strange beat Shuma is weird. The only person I know who can really explain it is Long Pig.

King Kandy
Shuma was using the ancient one for... something. There was a reason but even after rereading it I couldn't figure it out. Well anyway Strange killed Ancient One to seal away Shuma because he knew Shuma would kill him in a straight fight.

KRS-Brandon
Shuma cant be killed. If u kill him u become him.

Inhuman
Originally posted by KRS-Brandon
Shuma cant be killed. If u kill him u become him.

Thanos becomes a Japanese rape monster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.