CD Problems (Computer CD-Burner Related?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diablo Cerberus
I recently tried to burn a CD with my computer, and when I played it through any CD player in my house, it was nothing but static. Any suggestions?

Röland
Originally posted by Diablo Cerberus
I recently tried to burn a CD with my computer, and when I played it through any CD player in my house, it was nothing but static. Any suggestions?
The CD you burnt the songs to could have been bad.

Best bet is to burn another copy and see if it does it again.

Diablo Cerberus
i've burned four copies of the CD itself. the weird thing is, it plays fine on my computer, but if i run it through a stereo or my car's CD player, it plays static through the whole thing. and i know it isn't the speakers, because they're brand new in my car, and the ones on my stereo are only a month old.

chillmeistergen
Try turning the burn speed down, if you burn the cd at too fast of a rate it can sometimes mess up.

Diablo Cerberus
after i did this, the CD played, but one song, "Rooftops" by Lost Prophets, was still full of static. should i try to turn burn speed down further?

chillmeistergen
What software are you using?

Diablo Cerberus
you mean the program? i'm burning it with Roxio Creator Basic. i think version 9 or 10.

chillmeistergen
Get Nero.

Diablo Cerberus
i haven't the money for a new program. i'm barely paying my way through school right now...

chillmeistergen
OK, well it may be a problem with the song alone then. You could try burning it at a different speed, though I doubt it'll help. What spec is your cd r/w drive?

Diablo Cerberus
no idea, it doesn't say on it... it's a lightscribe CD/DVD burner, though... says "Ultra Speed" up the side of the "Compact Disc" logo thing...

Lana
Hmmm, I used to have Roxio, years ago. And I remember having to tell it to 'finalize' the CD when it was done burning, a box would pop up asking if I wanted to do that. Perhaps that's your problem? Because if it's not finalized, it won't play on anything but your computer.

Diablo Cerberus
oh, thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.