Superman vs Namor and Iron-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
hmm

CaptainStoic
Namor is a non factor in this fight as Clark could burn the strength right out of him. Ironman would go down in minutes.

Superman 10/10

Mr. Slippyfist
IM/Namor 9/10.

Superboy Prime
Saying it would take Clark minutes to rip Tony a new one is a shame.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
hmm

rolling on floor laughing

What's the matter I thought you were backing WW...? You want to bring in the boy in blue now, since WW can't get the job done.

One word for you... Technopathy... All of the worlds nukes hit Supes at once while IM is 3000 miles away... Namor is dead too but, the team still wins.

Happy Dance

Mr. Slippyfist
Nukes... I wonder if Superman can fly in space or something... or perhaps travel 3000 miles in an instant...

Superboy Prime
And somehow Tony concludes that firing every nuke in the world is a win.

Who cares about having a place to live in when you got that cool armor!?

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You want to bring in the boy in blue now, since WW can't get the job done.

Smartest thing said in topic.

Superman 7/10

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Nukes... I wonder if Superman can fly in space or something... or perhaps travel 3000 miles in an instant...

Supes is almost as much of a boy scout as Cap he'll be trying to save the population around him then die because of it.

And yes it is a cool suit.

Mr. Slippyfist
Supes is almost as much of a boy scout as Cap he'll be trying to save the population around him then die because of it.

And yes it is a cool suit. If you're taking character personalities into consideration... then why the f*ck is Tony trying to kill everyone?
no expression

Superboy Prime
Because Tony's a dick. Didn't you get the memo?

EXTREME!

Tony Stark
If you're taking character personalities into consideration... then why the f*ck is Tony trying to kill everyone?
no expression

To kill superman of course... The rest is just collateral damage. Militarist way of looking at it, being he's the head of S.H.E.I.L.D. and all.

Decimus
Superman has survived an explosion that equaled one million nukes. So did Doomsday. Superman wouldn't even notice these two.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Decimus
Superman has survived an explosion that equaled one million nukes. So did Doomsday. Superman wouldn't even notice these two.

OK...

guy222
team

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by guy222
team

No.

xmarksthespot

What's the matter I thought you were backing WW...? You want to bring in the boy in blue now, since WW can't get the job done. I didn't actually pick a winner in the other thread, but Wonder Woman does win it. I'm just musing. If hypothetically the dynamic duo do somehow stomp Wonder Woman every time or practically every time, while most of the more DC knowledgeable posters would probably give Superman a more conservative 7-8/10 against her; then the duo should presumably logically be superior to Superman and should in theory win this or at the very least stalemate this.

Inhuman
Im sure Tony has some empty bottles around...ermhappy

http://i25.tinypic.com/ambchu.jpg

CaptainStoic
Heat ray vision would send Namor packing, I've seen the female version of Thanos jump on Tony and rip his head off in seconds... how does Namor and Ironman win?

Rewmac
Alright. Let me break it down...Superman got speed and strenght that is beyond Iron Man's or Namor's capablities. Namor is a tough dude but he is no Superman. Iron Man is just an armor. KMC Rules every character fight to his/her full potential. Since Superman can move at multiple times of the sound speed at will (flew to the moon and back in a second without charging up) this fight goes to him. Plus the heat vision alone would most likely dry Namor's butt.

Inhuman
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
how does Namor and Ironman win?

Kryptonian Buster Armor

Mr. Slippyfist
To kill superman of course... The rest is just collateral damage. Militarist way of looking at it, being he's the head of S.H.E.I.L.D. and all. So... not only will Tony kill Superman, but he's also willing to kill millions of people... to win a fight?

If that isn't out of character, then I don't know what is...

And it's highly hypocritical for you to say Superman will save lives from Tony.

Guess I might as well be talking to a tree though...

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Inhuman
Kryptonian Buster Armor

That would require prep time wouldn't it? I never saw Slippy post prep time.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Heat ray vision would send Namor packing, I've seen the female version of Thanos jump on Tony and rip his head off in seconds... how does Namor and Ironman win? Namor would take Superman underwater, where he'd somehow win. Oh and Iron-Man has fast reflexes. Oh and when people are fast enough to enter the speedforce they can apparently only move in straight lines, regardless of that they've shown flight and land maneuverability and the associated reflexes.

Mr. Slippyfist
Well, since I made this thread...

10 days prep for team 2.

ermm

Rewmac

10 days prep for team 2.

ermm Since you want superman to loose so badly...Hmm...Gotta get used to this prep till I die shit again...

Inhuman
Originally posted by Rewmac
Hmm...Got get used to this prep till I die shit again...

hm

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Superman = 100

Namor = ?
Iron-Man = ?

moodynuts

Southern_Rebel
Superman one shots them both...no contest

Alfheim
Superman. Namor is fast but not that fast. If Iron Man had to put Caps moves into a database he doesnt stand a chance against Superman.

severance
Originally posted by Inhuman
Im sure Tony has some empty bottles around...ermhappy

http://i25.tinypic.com/ambchu.jpg

eek! Very funny. Can survive a million megatons, but watch out for the glass!

I'm not a Dc fan but I don't think Iron man or Namor have a prayer. Team lose 99/100

Mindship
Superman compresses them together and makes a new flavor of Chicken of the Sea. shifty

Juntai
Superman.

Tony Stark
So... not only will Tony kill Superman, but he's also willing to kill millions of people... to win a fight?

If that isn't out of character, then I don't know what is...

And it's highly hypocritical for you to say Superman will save lives from Tony.

Guess I might as well be talking to a tree though...

embarrasment

FTR although I do think that IM/Namor would win a few their fights they would not win the majority of them... I was pretty hammered last night and just want to "F" with people. But I truly do believe whole heartily that the team would beat WW virtually every time.

wink

SupremeMan
hmm

Pfft. This is such a curbstomp in Superman's favor its ridiculous. I would propose two scenarios myself. The one where he curbstomps them with a speed blitz in the first nano-second (make that two nano-seconds for both of them) and the one where he refuses to speed blitz, allowing them each one shot, and then curbstomps them.

SupremeMan

Naw that can't be. Then he'd win this and that can't happen. I heard WW can't move at all. She'd just stand there while they hit her. Plus we can't give Superman access to all his Kryptonian technology while Iron-Man gets every weapon on Earth because that wouldn't result in a win for IM. Oh wait, IM gets kryptonite, magic and gets to pull a red sun into Earth orbit and whatever prep time he needs to do it and then gets to tell Superman, "Now just stand right here and, whatever comes at you, you must let it hit you." Okay, now IM can win. Silly me.

SupremeMan
Smartest thing said in topic.

Superman 7/10

As long as we understand that WW's opponents are all wimps like Superman and we accept the opinion of two people on the other thread (one of them called TonyStark) as the official opinion of WW curbstomps (oh sorry, extreme minority rules) I meant loses to IM and Namor.

SupremeMan
To kill superman of course... The rest is just collateral damage. Militarist way of looking at it, being he's the head of S.H.E.I.L.D. and all.

Actually, he's the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

SupremeMan

10 days prep for team 2.

ermm

Unless the prep time includes the ability to acquire kryptonite, Superman still wins 10/ 10.

SupremeMan
embarrasment

FTR although I do think that IM/Namor would win a few their fights they would not win the majority of them... I was pretty hammered last night and just want to "F" with people. But I truly do believe whole heartily that the team would beat WW virtually every time.

wink

I had the feeling you were just joking on the circumstances of an IM victory. But I really, honestly, from reading comics, don't see it with WW. I just cannot see them having the overall speed or raw power to bring her down while she definitely has the power to bring them down. I'm not talking about selective scans that conveniently show one character at their best (even well beyond their established limits sometimes) and the other at their worst. Just a general feeling of their relative power levels.

Unnatural-POWER
Superman.

Papa Smurph
Superman = 100

Namor = ?
Iron-Man = ?

moodynuts

Namor = 60
Iron Man = 40

Papa Smurph
I didn't actually pick a winner in the other thread, but Wonder Woman does win it. I'm just musing. If hypothetically the dynamic duo do somehow stomp Wonder Woman every time or practically every time, while most of the more DC knowledgeable posters would probably give Superman a more conservative 7-8/10 against her; then the duo should presumably logically be superior to Superman and should in theory win this or at the very least stalemate this.

Would these DC knowledgeable posters point out what Wonder Woman has done to get even 1 win from Superman?

I'd like to know.

carver9
Namor = 60
Iron Man = 40

wrong

Namor is 90-100 tonner and iron man is a 100 tonner.

Mr. Slippyfist
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh200/HuyMPGam3r/FAIL.jpg

Tony Stark
Superman = 100

Namor = ?
Iron-Man = ?

moodynuts

IF Superman = 100 at basically full potential

Then WW = 85

Namor = 80

IM = 80

WWH = 120

HULK = 110

THING = 80

Colossus = 79 whistle

Sasquatch = 79 whistle

THOR = 110

AP = 130

Mr. Slippyfist

no expression

TricksterPriest
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Creshosk/KMC/Dur/Southdur-threadfails.jpg

carver9
Would these DC knowledgeable posters point out what Wonder Woman has done to get even 1 win from Superman?

I'd like to know.

I got something to point out. She got a win over a enraged superman that even got close to the sun to absorb some of its energy and she almost sliced his head off with her tiara. She is by far a waaaaaay better fighter then him. They almost have comparable speed and comparable strength, giving a small majority to superman. She have shields that could block superman heat vision and she has enough speed to bring the battle up close and personal where she would have the advantage.

Thats why I say that wonderwoman could get a 50/50 over superman. Superman isnt as great as people make him out to be powerwise. The only reason that I would give him a win over top tiers is due to will power. He has super strength and super speed. If thats what make a character a powerhouse then there are a lot of powerhouses out there. You might as well say that mimic is a powerhouse since he is nigh invulnerable, can almost achieve light speed, has superstrength, along with a healing factor, has beast agility, along with super human reflexes and has optic blast. Do I think that mimic is a powerhouse, no but he has a good set of power just like superman does. Now people that I would consider powerhouses are, thor, silver surfer, beta ray bill, nova, martian manhunter, etc... The reason I say this is because they are not just based off of brute force, they have other output of powers that they can rely on. Superman and wonderwoman are powerful beings but they are not what people on the forum make them out to be.

Papa Smurph
If Superman = 100

Wonder Woman = 75
Namor = 60
Iron Man = 40

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by carver9
I got something to point out. She got a win over a enraged superman that even got close to the sun to absorb some of its energy and she almost sliced his head off with her tiara.

Which suffered from terrible writing completely inconsistent with the powers Superman was utalizing AND the writer himself has came out and admitted the entire time that Superman was not only still subconsciously holding back BUT fighting the mind control himself (which explains why he was fighting sloppy).

Even then Wonder Woman spent 90% of that fight getting her ass handed to her.

Peek
If Superman = 100

Wonder Woman = 75
Namor = 60
Iron Man = 40

WW is not that low. Or Namor is not that high.

Probably both.

carver9
IF Superman = 100 at basically full potential

Then WW = 85

Namor = 80

IM = 80

WWH = 120

HULK = 110

THING = 80

Colossus = 79 whistle

Sasquatch = 79 whistle

THOR = 110

AP = 130

Wrong

Superman: high 100 tonner
Wonderwoman: high 100 tonner
Namor: 90/100 ton
Iron man: 90/100 ton
WWh: high 100 tonner
Hulk: high 100 tonner
thing: 90/100 ton
colossus: 100 ton
Sasquash: 100 ton
Thor: high 100 tonner
I dont know who ap is, so Im going to leave that alone.

But the scales for reading strength stops at 100 tons. High 100 means that they lift over that weight, which majority of the people on the list can do.

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Peek
WW is not that low.

Yeah, she's probably lower.

Mr. Slippyfist
Wrong

Superman: high 100 tonner
Wonderwoman: high 100 tonner
Namor: 90/100 ton
Iron man: 90/100 ton
WWh: high 100 tonner
Hulk: high 100 tonner
thing: 90/100 ton
colossus: 100 ton
Sasquash: 100 ton
Thor: high 100 tonner
I dont know who ap is, so Im going to leave that alone.

But the scales for reading strength stops at 100 tons. High 100 means that they lift over that weight, which majority of the people on the list can do.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/onthetrailtoolong/FAIL.jpg

Evangel94
I think many of you in this thread need to actually debate the topic instead of being immature, insulting eachother, and posting juvenile pictures.

With regards to many people, If you feel Superman should win that's fine or if you feel the opposite is true that's alright as well. But actually take the time to legitimately explain why while being respectful to the opposing side. Don't chastise other posters for going against a perceived standard. Listen to what they are saying, and you may learn certain things about a character you never learned before. Maybe, just maybe, the thread may actually be fun to read and post in.

carver9
Which suffered from terrible writing completely inconsistent with the powers Superman was utalizing AND the writer himself has came out and admitted the entire time that Superman was not only still subconsciously holding back BUT fighting the mind control himself (which explains why he was fighting sloppy).

Even then Wonder Woman spent 90% of that fight getting her ass handed to her.

Would you like for me to post the fight because if anyone had the edge she did and the sad thing about it was that she was holding back. Now you can do one thing for me and put up a scan where this writer said this because if anything that sounds like an excuse and something that you made up to make superman look good. You do know that thats not the only time wonderwoman and superman fought and thats not the only time that she beat him.

Also, since superman was supposidely holding back and he was fighting the mental block (something that you made up again), why did he almost kill batman during that arc. Let me guess, because he was holding back huh.

Wonderwoman got the edge over him, just accept it. The story happened and if it was written the other way around, superman owning wonderwoman, this argument wouldnt be going on. Superman fans always make up excuses for his loses, just like when I posted that fight between him and goku, a lot of people on the forum brought up a stupid argument about the fight being fan based and the writter liked goku more and all other crap and couldnt accept the fact that he got his a** whipped and got treated like a step child. When hulk beat and outfought superman back in the 80's, I recently brought that up and people made excuses for the fight. If its up to fans, no one could beat him.

carver9
Originally posted by Evangel94
I think many of you in this thread need to actually debate the topic instead of being immature, insulting eachother, and posting juvenile pictures.

With regards to many people, If you feel Superman should win that's fine or if you feel the opposite is true that's alright as well. But actually take the time to legitimately explain why while being respectful to the opposing side. Don't chastise other posters for going against a perceived standard. Listen to what they are saying, and you may learn certain things about a character you never learned before. Maybe, just maybe, the thread may actually be fun to read and post in.

one of the best post i have seen on this forum since I been here.

Good post and I will stick by it.

Tony Stark
one of the best post i have seen on this forum since I been here.

Good post and I will stick by it.

At least for tonight...

evil face

carver9
At least for tonight...

evil face
laughing

even though me and you disagree alot, youre funny as h***.

Papa Smurph
Would you like for me to post the fight because if anyone had the edge she did

She sure did, what, with Superman taking her on a trip around the Solar System with his fists. The ONLY things that Wonder Woman did to cause notable damage was to somehow sneak up behind him in "hearing mode" (note Superman has often claimed to have Galaxy spanning hearing without going into "hearing mode"wink smash his ears together and cut him with a projectile (since Superman thought he was fighting Doomsday and Doomsday, as we all know, cannot throw projectiles).

THAT'S IT

In the entire, what was it, 10 page fight, Wonder Woman got TWO good shots in that registered. One of which was TERRIBLY written and the other of which was a sneak attack of sorts based on Superman's belief of fighting Doomsday.

Has Wonder Woman's standards been so lowered by piss poor showing after piss poor showing this is what we call respectable?

and the sad thing about it was that she was holding back.

Which is probably why Superman was dominating her the entire match.

why did he almost kill batman during that arc. Let me guess, because he was holding back huh.

Are you implying a true bloodlusted Superman can't kill Batman?

xmarksthespot
Namor = 60
Iron Man = 40 If my mathmatics (sic) is correct that does sum to 100. So in a grounded brawl they'd stalemate Superman..? doped

TheBadguy
Superman ftbr?

Papa Smurph
If my mathmatics (sic) is correct that does sum to 100. So in a grounded brawl they'd stalemate Superman..? doped

Sure, if you think Ironman's strong enough to hurt a fresh Superman with his fists

I don't doped

xmarksthespot
Sure, if you think Ironman's strong enough to hurt a fresh Superman with his fists

I don't doped So Iron-Man's not strong enough to hurt Superman, but the pair of them still take 3 out of 10. Interesting. ermmhappy

Papa Smurph
Because Ironman is limited to punching and physical strength, correct?

Or am I misreading your posts?

Very interesting, seems to me that the only thing Iron Man's iron suit does is allow him to hit hard with his fists.

So says Xmarksthespot, at least.

xmarksthespot
Because Ironman is limited to punching and physical strength, correct?

Or am I misreading your posts?

Very interesting, seems to me that the only thing Iron Man's iron suit does is allow him to hit hard with his fists.

So says Xmarksthespot, at least. Hmm... so which of Iron-Man's numerous abilities to hurt Superman are crux to the duo taking their 3 out of 10 one wonders...

His ability to gradually power up to project heat hotter than the surface of the sun?

Papa Smurph
Hmm... so which of Iron-Man's numerous abilities to hurt Superman are crux to the duo taking their 3 out of 10 one wonders...

His ability to gradually power up to project heat hotter than the surface of the sun?

Nope, general ingenuity, sonics, repulsor rays, etc. Stuff that has managed to hurt Superman from Pre-Extremis Iron Man, IOW.

Though it'd be fun to see if Iron Man can somehow absorb some of that heat vision that has powered planet movers and put him down in a similar manner to which he put down Thor, Pre-Extremis (but of course, all signs point toward the powered up version of Thor being used to counter this).

hunbu04
sonics that did not even work on mortal hercules. come go give me something real. look ironman has nothing in his asrenal that can bypass the forcefield that cover superman body and that is it.

starlock
Superman for the win

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by hunbu04
sonics that did not even work on mortal hercules. come go give me something real. look ironman has nothing in his asrenal that can bypass the forcefield that cover superman body and that is it.

Since when? He was managing to damage Superman just fine with repulsor rays in JLA/Avengers.

Pre-Extremis

carver9
Since when? He was managing to damage Superman just fine with repulsor rays in JLA/Avengers.

Pre-Extremis

true statement.

carver9
She sure did, what, with Superman taking her on a trip around the Solar System with his fists. The ONLY things that Wonder Woman did to cause notable damage was to somehow sneak up behind him in "hearing mode" (note Superman has often claimed to have Galaxy spanning hearing without going into "hearing mode"wink smash his ears together and cut him with a projectile (since Superman thought he was fighting Doomsday and Doomsday, as we all know, cannot throw projectiles).

THAT'S IT

In the entire, what was it, 10 page fight, Wonder Woman got TWO good shots in that registered. One of which was TERRIBLY written and the other of which was a sneak attack of sorts based on Superman's belief of fighting Doomsday.

Has Wonder Woman's standards been so lowered by piss poor showing after piss poor showing this is what we call respectable?

and the sad thing about it was that she was holding back.

Which is probably why Superman was dominating her the entire match.

why did he almost kill batman during that arc. Let me guess, because he was holding back huh.

Are you implying a true bloodlusted Superman can't kill Batman?

the reason I brought up the batman thing is because you said that he wasnt trying to kill wonderwoman during there fight. Why would he hold back against wonderwoman but almost kill batman, dont make sense to me. Superman was giving it his all when fighting wonderwoman and lose. Wonderwoman did hit superman more then you can remember. She 1st busted his ear drums out, kicked him in the leg, punched him in the ribs and kicked him a couple of feat away and then called some birds on him. Go reread the fight, if anything superman didnt get many hits. All I can remember is him flying her to space heat visioning her and then punching her back to earth and he ice breath her, that was it. Imagine (in a canon book) if wonderwoman wasnt holding back, would there still be a superman. Also reread how wonderwoman snuck up on him, she is considered one of the best fighters in dc, why wouldnt she also be a tactical fighter.

Stop making excuses for superman lose and just respect the fact that wonderwoman owned him.

rico777
Supes wins 9/10.. just in case the team gets lucky

carver9
I almost forgot, he did break her risk.

vlaaad12345
the reason I brought up the batman thing is because you said that he wasnt trying to kill wonderwoman during there fight. Why would he hold back against wonderwoman but almost kill batman, dont make sense to me. Superman was giving it his all when fighting wonderwoman and lose. Wonderwoman did hit superman more then you can remember. She 1st busted his ear drums out, kicked him in the leg, punched him in the ribs and kicked him a couple of feat away and then called some birds on him. Go reread the fight, if anything superman didnt get many hits. All I can remember is him flying her to space heat visioning her and then punching her back to earth and he ice breath her, that was it. Imagine (in a canon book) if wonderwoman wasnt holding back, would there still be a superman. Also reread how wonderwoman snuck up on him, she is considered one of the best fighters in dc, why wouldnt she also be a tactical fighter.

Stop making excuses for superman lose and just respect the fact that wonderwoman owned him.
Wonderwoman owned him...right I musta missed that happening since at the end of the fight wonderwoman is beatin and battered all over while superman has some superficial wounds.

carver9
Originally posted by rico777
Supes wins 9/10.. just in case the team gets lucky

Well iron man does possess a shield that could protect him from anything that superman dishes out. He also possess sonics that could disable superman, remember black canary almost koed superman with hers. Iron man punches would have an effect on superman since he is a 100 tonner and namor is also a 100 tonner. Ironman also have the ability to control metal just like magneto and we seen what doctor poloris along with other metal manipulators can do to superman. Iron man is quite fast, flying from earth to the sun in a matter of seconds. Iron man suit give him super human reflexes also and he has the ability to create or put shields around his comrades (namor, so heat vision might no play in this fight). Now we have two powerful beings fighting against one powerful beings. Please dont say that namor or iron man cant take a superman punch since they both have fought immortal hercules and a enrage hulk, whos strength is >> superman.They have a good chance of beating superman but I still give him the majority 6/10.

By the way go read the avengers/jla book, iron man almost knocked superman out with just one shot of his rays.

carver9
Lets look at the fight together and maybe since this is your 1st time reading it you'll see what Im talking about.
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job17mx.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job29bn.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job39vm.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job40cx.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job59fa.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job60xb.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job79wa.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job81cs.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job94sk.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job108hs.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job110ay.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job127to.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job131ps.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job146fc.jpg
http://img135http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job154ty.jpg.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job154ty.jpg

You know the sad thing about the battle, the entire time she was trying to help him while she was fighting him but he was going all out.

TricksterPriest
Crossovers=NON-CANON. no expression

vlaaad12345
Well iron man does possess a shield that could protect him from anything that superman dishes out. He also possess sonics that could disable superman, remember black canary almost koed superman with hers. Iron man punches would have an effect on superman since he is a 100 tonner and namor is also a 100 tonner. Ironman also have the ability to control metal just like magneto and we seen what doctor poloris along with other metal manipulators can do to superman. Iron man is quite fast, flying from earth to the sun in a matter of seconds. Iron man suit give him super human reflexes also and he has the ability to create or put shields around his comrades (namor, so heat vision might no play in this fight). Now we have two powerful beings fighting against one powerful beings. Please dont say that namor or iron man cant take a superman punch since they both have fought immortal hercules and a enrage hulk, whos strength is >> superman.They have a good chance of beating superman but I still give him the majority 6/10.

By the way go read the avengers/jla book, iron man almost knocked superman out with just one shot of his rays.
Your reaching so far its hilarious,and hulk and hercules dont>superman in any way shape or form in strength.

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh for the love of Buddha...

Superman was severely exhausted by the time Iron Man cheapshotted him, and only knocked him down. no expression

carver9
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Your reaching so far its hilarious,and hulk and hercules dont>superman in any way shape or form in strength.

laughing

So youre telling me that an superman is stronger then an enraged hulk.

carver9
Oh for the love of Buddha...

Superman was severely exhausted by the time Iron Man cheapshotted him, and only knocked him down. no expression

Show me in the comic where it says that superman was exhausted. Sounds like another excuse to me.

vlaaad12345
laughing

So youre telling me that an superman is stronger then an enraged hulk.
Yea actually hes stronger than most of the times hulk is enraged(except like onslaught pissed).

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Crossovers=NON-CANON. no expression

Answer this for me then, why do people bring the battle that thor and superman had up but when something is brought against superman its none cannon. I have said that numerous of times, then people bring up that the writers made the crossover cannon. So since that comic is being abused against thor on the forum, Im using the iron man scenerio against superman.

By the way, in that comic, there were 60 tonners that was knocking superman around when they all gained up on him. Namor 100 ton strength should do quite well against him.

TricksterPriest
It's canon for DC. But not for Marvel. big grin

vlaaad12345
Answer this for me then, why do people bring the battle that thor and superman had up but when something is brought against superman its none cannon. I have said that numerous of times, then people bring up that the writers made the crossover cannon. So since that comic is being abused against thor on the forum, Im using the iron man scenerio against superman.

By the way, in that comic, there were 60 tonners that was knocking superman around when they all gained up on him. Namor 100 ton strength should do quite well against him.
They werent knocking him around the energy manipulators were after he just got done beating freaking thor,superman hangs with class 100 with no difficulty.

carver9
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Yea actually hes stronger than most of the times hulk is enraged(except like onslaught pissed).

You do know that hulk is classified as one of the strongest comic characters that ever existed. That IS basically his powers, so why would he be stronger then superman. A angry hulk is stronger then superman, an enraged hulk should over power superman in strength every time. If hulk was a flier, do you think that he would of had trouble moving the moon like superman and the other jlaers did. I dont think that he would. Superman in his own comic (even though I know its not cannon) said that hulk was stronger then him.

Hulk is by far one of the strongest characters in comics. The only person that they actually ever put above him was the juggernaut and thats due to cytorrak giving him unlimited strength (I guess you dont believe that either huh). Go to the juggernaut respect thread, you should be able to pull up the comic where juggernaut went to the tomb of cyttorak and it stated that before his depower he had unlimited strength.

TricksterPriest
100 tons is NOTHING to Superman. Even Bryne era Superman lifted ocean liners.

carver9
It's canon for DC. But not for Marvel. big grin

Youre hilarious. laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
Show me in the comic where it says that superman was exhausted. Sounds like another excuse to me. He just fought the toughest battle of his life. He was talking slower as well.

He just f*cking KO'ed Thor... no expression
Not even Hulk has KO'ed Thor in a fair fight.

Anyway, Iron Man only managed to stun Superman with a cheapshot after Superman had beaten the 'toughest opponent' he's ever fought.

Are you honestly saying that Superman was at full power?

carver9
100 tons is NOTHING to Superman. Even Bryne era Superman lifted ocean liners.

I guess you dont know what 100 tonner means on the scale do you. That doesnt mean that theyre max is 100 tons, thats the max that the scale ALLOWS. Colossus is a 100 tonner but have lifted a lot more then that his entire carrier, like a submarine and the shield carrier. I know superman can take 100 ton punches, if wolverine can superman should be able to but that still dont stop the fact that he has been knocked the f*** out by 100 tonners, examples, wonderwoman koed him (back in the 90's but it happened), captain marvel koed him twice, despero, easily koed him, darkseid koed him. All of the people are above the 100 ton mark but on the scales they would mark them as 100 tonners, not thousands of tonners.

Mr. Slippyfist
wonderwoman koed him (back in the 90's but it happened), captain marvel koed him twice, despero, easily koed him, darkseid koed him. All of the people are above the 100 ton mark but on the scales they would mark them as 100 tonners, not thousands of tonners. Proof of any (except when Billy did it)?

Also, all of those people are so far above Namor and Iron Man in strength, it's ridiculous.

carver9
He just fought the toughest battle of his life. He was talking slower as well.

He just f*cking KO'ed Thor... no expression
Not even Hulk has KO'ed Thor in a fair fight.

Anyway, Iron Man only managed to stun Superman with a cheapshot after Superman had beaten the 'toughest opponent' he's ever fought.

Are you honestly saying that Superman was at full power?

Do you honesty have proof that superman was at full power. I didnt see anywhere in that battle where thor used his hammer to absorb anything from superman, then the sad thing about the battle was that it was short, there wasnt many blows that was passed to make a difference in supermans ability. Iron man stunned him and the rest of the 10 tonners - 100 tonner whipped his a**.

I have seen superman fight darkseid, then get the hell beaten out of him (when darkseid was trying to put him in the armor that he built to defeat imperex), then fly off and fight some imperex probes and still contain all of his powers. Like I said, iron man stunned him and the rest of the avengers crushed him.

TricksterPriest
Youre hilarious. laughing

The cosmic egg containing Krona was referenced and shown in an issue of JLA. Thus, it's canon for DC. There are no such references for Marvel.

carver9
Proof of any (except when Billy did it)?

Also, all of those people are so far above Namor and Iron Man in strength, it's ridiculous.

I guess you didnt see the reason in my post. I was responding to trickster. If you read a lot of superman (since you are backing him up), then you would know what comics Im talking about. Im not searching for any of the comics. Im just going to say read the jla/jsa comic, thats one where captain marvel koed him and I forgot the name of the other and Im not looking for the scan because it happened. The one with despero was when despero fought the entire jla/jsa and one shotted superman having superman in his hands by his cape. Wonderwoman koed superman in the 10th circle arc where superman was possessed by a vampire and she fought superman and some demons.

Im not showing any of the scans, if youre on the forum you should know these things.

TricksterPriest
The point is worthless. Since all of those people would annihilate Namor and Iron Man as well. erm

carver9
The cosmic egg containing Krona was referenced and shown in an issue of JLA. Thus, it's canon for DC. There are no such references for Marvel.

well I guess the marvel team was underwritten then and wasnt written to there full ability, so in that case, thor can own superman easily and iron man blast could kill superman, since its not cannon for marvel, which sounds like a bunch of crap.

TricksterPriest
Thor vs. Supes is a good fight, but Supes gets a narrow majority due to speed.

and if you actually think Iron Man can beat Superman period, you are tripping. no expression

carver9
The point is worthless. Since all of those people would annihilate Namor and Iron Man as well. erm

I know that they would annihilate both iron man and namor. The reason I brought them up is due to the fact that you said that 100 tonners means nothing to superman when everyone that I have named are considered 100 tonners.

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? 100 tonners? All of those people are not 100 tonners. They're more like class incalculable. The class 100 system DOES NOT WORK for DC. Nor does it apply.

Mr. Slippyfist
Do you honesty have proof that superman was at full power. I didnt see anywhere in that battle where thor used his hammer to absorb anything from superman, then the sad thing about the battle was that it was short, there wasnt many blows that was passed to make a difference in supermans ability. Iron man stunned him and the rest of the 10 tonners - 100 tonner whipped his a**.

I have seen superman fight darkseid, then get the hell beaten out of him (when darkseid was trying to put him in the armor that he built to defeat imperex), then fly off and fight some imperex probes and still contain all of his powers. Like I said, iron man stunned him and the rest of the avengers crushed him. No I don't have proof that he was at full power, and I'm glad you agree with me. smile

It's called exhaustion. He had to exert himself to KO Thor. He got smoked a couple times by Thor, etc. He also had to catch and hold Thor's hammer with one hand.

That's because the comic was bunk. The whole series was terribly written. Superman should not KO Thor ever that easily. Superman should not ever catch a full hammer swing like that. Hell, Wonder Woman owned Herc in that series as well. Wonder Woman easily broke out of Quaser's constructs? Like what the f*ck? Wonderman can crack Kyle's constructs? Iron Man is put on the level as a GL? Darkseid's OE travels faster than Flash? Monica manipulates the GL energy like a toy?
You can't honestly use other sources to try and prove that that series is OK evidence, or that Superman was at full power. Sure his stamina is great in one comic, but in that series, it was crap (or he gets exhausted from his toughest opponent ever). Unless you want to try and prove that Iron Man hits as hard as Thor. ermm
If Superman can beat Thor in a short fight, then how the hell do Namor, or IM stand a chance? erm

carver9
Thor vs. Supes is a good fight, but Supes gets a narrow majority due to speed.

and if you actually think Iron Man can beat Superman period, you are tripping. no expression

I give a large nod to thor vs supes due to thor being more powerful and superman dont know how to fight like a dragonballz character and thor knowing how to cancel out the little ways that superman knows how to use his speed. If youre referring to flight speed, thor also flies at incredible speed. If youre referring to combat speed,(something that superman havent shown but 2 to 3 times his entire career, not counting the fast movement of hands because spiderman and wolverine can mimic the same trick. NOT SAYING THAT THEY DO IT FASTER), it has yet to be proven that superman even possess that, let alone that it would work on thor. Thor can easily win a fight against superman due to soul snatch, absorbing his energy, continuously hitting superman with magical energy or just overpowering him with well place magical hammer hits to the head.

carver9
No I don't have proof that he was at full power, and I'm glad you agree with me. smile

It's called exhaustion. He had to exert himself to KO Thor. He got smoked a couple times by Thor, etc. He also had to catch and hold Thor's hammer with one hand.

That's because the comic was bunk. The whole series was terribly written. Superman should not KO Thor ever that easily. Superman should not ever catch a full hammer swing like that. Hell, Wonder Woman owned Herc in that series as well. Wonder Woman easily broke out of Quaser's constructs? Like what the f*ck? Wonderman can crack Kyle's constructs? Iron Man is put on the level as a GL? Darkseid's OE travels faster than Flash? Monica manipulates the GL energy like a toy?
You can't honestly use other sources to try and prove that that series is OK evidence, or that Superman was at full power. Sure his stamina is great in one comic, but in that series, it was crap (or he gets exhausted from his toughest opponent ever). Unless you want to try and prove that Iron Man hits as hard as Thor. ermm
If Superman can beat Thor in a short fight, then how the hell do Namor, or IM stand a chance? erm

I agree with you, I agreed a long time ago that that comic was crap but people (just like trickster) is implying that it is cannon and Im tired of arguing about it. Everything that you said I totally agree. Ironman repulsor rays shouldnt have hurt superman ON THAT SCALE. Superman shouldnt have beaten thor so easily, to me I dont think that he should have beaten him at all. EVERYTHING that you have said is true but as long as that debate is being used on the forum and it is stating as being valid, I have the right to use parts of the comic as well.

carver9
What the f**k? 100 tonners? All of those people are not 100 tonners. They're more like class incalculable. The class 100 system DOES NOT WORK for DC. Nor does it apply.

Im not going to say incaculable due to the fact that I already read the strength that some of the dc characters possess. For someone to have incaculable strength it has to say it about that character and I have never seen it stated about wonderwoman or superman. How could you have incaculable strength then the writter turn around and say that someone is stronger then you. Example, you say that wonderwoman has incaculable strength but superman is stronger then her, dont make sense. The ONLY time that I would give superman incaculable strength is when he's sundipping, besides that Im going to go by the scale and list him as a 100 tonner (which we all know that he is well above).

TricksterPriest
It IS canon. Never said it wasn't badly written. srug

carver9
It IS canon. Never said it wasn't badly written. srug

Well the only thing to consider now is what part of the comic you think was badly written.

TricksterPriest
90% of it. Even I don't think Supes can KO Thor that easily. And Supes being hurt by IM? Granted he was burned out from fighting Thor, but in a straight fight, IM has no chance.

Papa Smurph
Proof of any (except when Billy did it)?

lulz

carver9
90% of it. Even I don't think Supes can KO Thor that easily. And Supes being hurt by IM? Granted he was burned out from fighting Thor, but in a straight fight, IM has no chance.

What makes you assume that Iron man dont stand a chance when he has fought similar and more powerful beings (he lost but he did well against them). He did also fight hyperion and this was a down graded iron man. Now I already know what youre going to say, how can you compare hyperion to superman, why couldnt I, they possess the same powers, everything appears the same, the only difference is that superman has his own comic and has more feats to show. With all of iron mans abilities, hes not going to beat superman but he will give him a good fight just like he gives everyone he fights against a good fight. Ironman suit makes him one of the most versatile character in comics. I havent seen anything yet that it cant do.

iceman24567
What makes you assume that Iron man dont stand a chance when he has fought similar and more powerful beings (he lost but he did well against them). He did also fight hyperion and this was a down graded iron man. Now I already know what youre going to say, how can you compare hyperion to superman, why couldnt I, they possess the same powers, everything appears the same, the only difference is that superman has his own comic and has more feats to show. With all of iron mans abilities, hes not going to beat superman but he will give him a good fight just like he gives everyone he fights against a good fight. Ironman suit makes him one of the most versatile character in comics. I havent seen anything yet that it cant do. I know one thing it can't do and thats beat Superman. eek!

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
I know one thing it can't do and thats beat Superman. eek!

laughing

I agree, it cant beat superman for a majority but if iron man uses his sonics along with his other ability, like manipulate metal while having his forcefield up, he could get some wins. Iron man is like pre crisis superman, any power he thinks of, it comes to surface.

Papa Smurph
Doesn't matter. Superman goes out of character and speed blitzes Iron Man at 1 bajillion times light hitting him with strengths under Thor and Hercules (remember, these two have legit World Lifting feats, unlike S-Man) for the win.

Oh and Iron Man doesn't hurt Superman despite being shown capable of hurting beings in his weight class

even Superman himself!

carver9
Got a question for ya, since theres nothing that iron man could do to superman to bring him down, why when darkseid recently took control over superman (well actually granny took control over superman), why did batman physically stalemated superman. HMMMMM, makes you think.

carver9
Doesn't matter. Superman goes out of character and speed blitzes Iron Man at 1 bajillion times light hitting him with strengths under Thor and Hercules (remember, these two have legit World Lifting feats, unlike S-Man) for the win.

Oh and Iron Man doesn't hurt Superman despite being shown capable of hurting beings in his weight class

even Superman himself!

Now I totally agree with this statement. They wont provide on panel proof that he able to do these things but they always bring it up.

I agree with the second statement also.

Beautiful post. Happy Dance

Papa Smurph
FOOL Superman has taken shots from Imperiex that vaporized Doomsday with ease and dusted himself off like nothing happened.

Nothing short of Skyfather level power puts a dent in him.

The Batman instance is bad writing. As is him getting hurt by beings weaker then Imperiex.

Mr. Slippyfist
It IS canon. Never said it wasn't badly written. srug Eh?
Crossovers=NON-CANON. no expression Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's canon for DC. But not for Marvel. big grin Originally posted by TricksterPriest

carver9
FOOL Superman has taken shots from Imperiex that vaporized Doomsday with ease and dusted himself off like nothing happened.

Nothing short of Skyfather level power puts a dent in him.

The Batman instance is bad writing. As is him getting hurt by beings weaker then Imperiex.

Who's to say that imperex used the same amount of power that he used against doomsday. And you say that nothing short of sky father can harm superman huh. Answer this for me, is mongul sky father level, is wonderwoman sky father level, hell is black canary sky father level, is gog sky father level, what about doomsday, do you consider him sky father level, naah, I can do better then that, lets use crossover (which isnt cannon but fun to use), is venom sky father level, what about spiderman, is he sky father level, is thor sky father level, no cant forget, lobo, is he sky father, one more, I know I can think of one more, is solomon grundy sky father.

Your points are biased, it was cannon that batman stalemated superman and it wasnt the first time that it happened.

carver9
Eh?

laughing

Papa Smurph
Hay guyz

Remember in JLA/Avengers when Wonder Woman, who is so far above Namor in strength it's ridiculous, has trouble beating Wonder Man in arm wrestling?

Lulz

carver9
Hay guyz

Remember in JLA/Avengers when Wonder Woman, who is so far above Namor in strength it's ridiculous, has trouble beating Wonder Man in arm wrestling?

Lulz

Well that dont seem so bad since wonderman almost outwrestled thor and stalemated hyperion and gave gladiator a run for his money. Is there anything else you can bring up.

Deathstroke
Team loses

Mr. Slippyfist
Hay guyz

Lulz You do realize how easily WM beat Namor in a fight, don't you?

She also out muscled Herc in one of the battles. Smashed the Wrecking Crew. Punched WM away. Seemingly one punched huge Yellowjacket, in the same series.

Plus, she was smiling in the panel before she locked his wrist back. smile

Papa Smurph
Lulz now let's put the Herc fight into context

Wonder Woman: YOU'RE THE ******* THAT TOOK HIPPOLYTA'S OR W/E'S VIRGINITY
Hercules: Ho ho ho true indeed, if you want to say it like that smile and aren't you the fiesty little miscreant
Wonder Woman: ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR PERIOD RAGE
Hercules: Tee-hee.

I also forget

Smiling is the perfect way to show you are so much stronger then such and such it's redic after having to strain to out arm wrestle them smile

PS:

Namor = 100
Wonder Man = ???

xmarksthespot
Oh yay. We've gotten to using the crossover that pitted Wonder Woman, Hippolyta and She-Hulk against Surtur with the Twilight Sword?

Rewmac
This thread still goes on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.