Cloverfield 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
It's coming, and you all know it.

Ideas on plot/story/ideas?

vincent

Reverend Axel
GODZILLA GOJIRA

Mairuzu
They all die

Blax_Hydralisk
Starcraft sucks, dude. Only losers like any of that Starcraft sh*t haermm

WrathfulDwarf
They really shouldn't push their luck. erm

Just look at the Blair Witch Project guys when they made a sequel.

SelphieT
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Oh gawd, great point. Talk about crrrrr-ap.

Blax_Hydralisk
I don't think this will work very well.

The biggest reason Cloverfield did so well (Besides it being a genuinly good movie, imo.), is because of all the massive hype to see the monster and the shaky camera.

If they make a sequal all the hype and "wonder" will be gone. Most people will probably be like "I've seen this before.. -_- ", especially once they realize this is about the same storyline just with different people who were at the party.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

The biggest reason Cloverfield did so well (Besides it being a genuinly good movie, imo.), is because of all the massive hype to see the monster and the shaky camera.

If they make a sequal all the hype and "wonder" will be gone. Most people will probably be like "I've seen this before.. -_- ", especially once they realize this is about the same storyline just with different people who were at the party.

You have a good point. But I think the radio transmission at the end is enough of a hint that we will be seeing a second one.

As far as I see it, there are two ways they can go about this...

1) Different viewpoint
2) Just a normal giant monster movie.

I think the idea is interesting, but I doubt it will work as well as the first.

Mairuzu
Starcraft sucks, dude. Only losers like any of that Starcraft sh*t haermm Have you seen or played starcraft 2? that shit is amazing

regina414
Oh, there's part 2. It seems like they are rushing, eh?...

Mairuzu
Originally posted by regina414
Oh, there's part 2. It seems like they are rushing, eh?... no, there isnt... yet

he is just saying what if

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

vincent

No just no, I hope they never make another one, just keep it as one truly great film, and let it go down as an almost classic, think of all the other films with sequels.

Wizard of Oz
Jaws
Halloween ect.

Talk about bad.

Mairuzu
I'm sure if J.J. does it does it, it wont be bad

he is a genius

MildPossession
J.J mentioned two things if they did go for a sequel then it would be either a different viewpoint of the first events or a different city attack. There is no official word on a sequel yet and will not be out anytime soon he said. In the future if a really good script comes along for a sequel then it might get made.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by MildPossession
J.J mentioned two things if they did go for a sequel then it would be either a different viewpoint of the first events or a different city attack. There is no official word on a sequel yet and will not be out anytime soon he said. In the future if a really good script comes along for a sequel then it might get made. Yea, read that on E.W.

JediSamuraiMRB

I agree to a point. but I think that if J.J. Abrams comes up with a way to explain why the creature was here already and who and/or what is still alive combined with a good story than "Cloverfield 2" will be done better and a whole lot better than the Blair Witch sequel.

BackFire
Originally posted by MildPossession
J.J mentioned two things if they did go for a sequel then it would be either a different viewpoint of the first events or a different city attack. There is no official word on a sequel yet and will not be out anytime soon he said. In the future if a really good script comes along for a sequel then it might get made.

Heard this too. Someone asked him about a sequel and he said something like 'well, during the attack there's a very good chance that someone else in the city was video recording...' So it sounds like the sequel would be a separate viewpoint of the same events.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by BackFire
Heard this too. Someone asked him about a sequel and he said something like 'well, during the attack there's a very good chance that someone else in the city was video recording...' So it sounds like the sequel would be a separate viewpoint of the same events.

I did read that also. I'm hoping that wouldn't be the case if/when J.J. does a sequel. I'm hoping he would explain some aspects of the creature.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Have you seen or played starcraft 2? that shit is amazing

It was a joke. Look at my name closely.

Mairuzu
It was a joke. Look at my name closely. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Darth Vicious

I agree. Because there wasnt much info leaked, people didnt know what to expect and everyone was wondering what the monster looked like. While theres a few of us that truly liked the movie, the reality is a lot of people didnt get it and didnt like the shaky camera plus the fact that everyone died. With a second movie people will know what to expect and will probably skip it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah..

I, personally, would go see it, and probably see the 3rd one as well no expression

But maybe it would be best if he kept this as a movie thing.

endrict

But the first BWP sucked...

Rajendra
well same here, if there will be part two i wouldn't hesitate to see it again.

Micheal_Myers
Succsessful or not, I'm sold. If they release Cloverfield 2, I will be in the cinema to watch it on opening night.

JediSamuraiMRB
UPDATE: Cloverfield 2 will happen..

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=47830

=Tired Hiker=
I think it should start right where the first one left off; we hear the bombs going off, planes flying by, and suddenly a spaceship flys out of nowhere and beams up the giant monster. The monster appears in the spaceship where it's mother is waiting for it while it's father is flying the ship, and it's a big f*cking ship because you saw the size of those monsters and they are really f*cking big. The mother says . . .

MOMMA MONSTER
"Where you been, son?"

SON MONSTER
"I was trying to scratch my f*cking back on some
skyscrapers, to scrape these f*ckng parasites off
my f*cking back. That's why they call them 'sky-
scrapers', right? You'd think? So I'm just minding
my own f*cking business, trying to scrape these
goddamn parasites off my back and then these little
people start shooting at me and sh*t. I was like, f*ck
that, so I thrashed about a bit and busted up their hoods."

DADDY MONSTER
"Shit. That's a bi*tch."

SON MONSTER
"Then this little cracker tried to take my pic-
ture on a video camera, so I chomped his
ass."

MOMMA MONSTER
"Well you are late for dinner."

SON MONSTER
"Sorry mom, whatcha' cookin'?"

MOMMA MONSTER
"Ribs."

The spaceship flies out of Earth's orbit and heads toward the furthest realm of the Galantactu Galaxy. Suddenly several small ships begin attacking the monster family's ship.

That's all I got for now, but I think that would be a sick ass beginning for the next movie.

Micheal_Myers
Well, its official, and as I said earlier...I'm sold. I will be seeing this film when it is released.

Menetnashté
I think it'd be cool if they just did it from the army's(or marines whatever) point of view, shot it like an actual film though.

Tempe Brennan

That was shithouse, to say the least

SnakeEyes
Cloverfield 2 is a bad idea.

I share similar sentiments as Blax, Vicious, etc.

super pr*xy
this could work with a little creativity and an awesome script. they could make the next movie a compilation of short films from different POVs, different angles of the monster attacking. the guy in the bridge, a news chopper, predator footage... or they could just make it into a normal rock-em-sock-em monster movie, like its predecessors...

cruel jedi
OMGWTF the film just come out today (UK) laughing

going to see it on tuesday but will post what i think then happy

ladov52014
honeslty if they make a 2 one of 2 things one, they can do the movies as for answering questions which prob would be boring but 2, they can have the monster and just show that its gonna get its ass kicked by another one lol i mean come on make what we want a monster battle.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ladov52014
honeslty if they make a 2 one of 2 things one

What the f**k?

GGS
Theres two monsters it's clear as day if you watch Cloverfield more than once.

Blax_Hydralisk
No there isn't.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by GGS
Theres two monsters it's clear as day if you watch Cloverfield more than once. Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No there isn't.

This is true... I don't beleive there is more then 1.

Röland
Originally posted by GGS
Theres two monsters it's clear as day if you watch Cloverfield more than once.
How is it clear as day?

The only evidence that there COULD be two is how it looks during the attack and when Hud sees it up close. But that is easily debunked as different camera angles.

GGS
How does it attack the bridge while it's in the city centre then and magically reappear hardly moved from the city centre when the army attack it. How does it's mass and facial features change dramatically during the night until Hud is eaten? Different camera angles? lol that hardly cuts as an excuse when one of the film's whole selling point is it's shot on one camcorder so that's that theory debunked.

There was damage on the monster that was bombed you can see it in the helicopter yet the one that comes up and eats hud is like totally unhurt and they wake up from helicopter crash is only 40 mins after it does crash. Hardly looks like the monster that ate hud has been fighting military all night.

The prequel book information is hinting at a mother and son duo as well.

Go watch it again and open up to the possibility if you look at the evidence. I'm totally prepared to admit i'm wrong but nothing is final with JJ Abrams lol every Lost watcher knows that!, The clues are defintely there but we'll all have to wait and see.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by GGS
How does it attack the bridge while it's in the city centre then and magically reappear hardly moved from the city centre when the army attack it. How does it's mass and facial features change dramatically during the night until Hud is eaten? Different camera angles? lol that hardly cuts as an excuse when one of the film's whole selling point is it's shot on one camcorder so that's that theory debunked.

There was damage on the monster that was bombed you can see it in the helicopter yet the one that comes up and eats hud is like totally unhurt and they wake up from helicopter crash is only 40 mins after it does crash. Hardly looks like the monster that ate hud has been fighting military all night.

Go watch it again and open up to the possibility if you look at the evidence. I'm totally prepared to admit i'm wrong but nothing is final with JJ Abrams lol every Lost watcher knows that!, The clues are defintely there but we'll all have to wait and see.

You cant really tell how damaged the monster is infront of Hud. Its shadow is too strong soo its still hard to get into any REAL detail. I saw no damage on it when it attacked the chopper either. Even if there is, you have absolutely no clue about what kind of healing capabilities the monster may have. I'm not saying there isnt two, because the whole bridge attack thing threw me off as well. But I dont think the movie intended for people to believe there were two monsters.

Alpha Centauri
I would go and watch a sequel, I just hope it Abrams doesn't throw away what he has going for him with this.

Obviously there will be a sequel, but I just feel like that needs to be it. What could possibly be the point though? Different viewpoint, ok, quite a nice, innovative idea. What will the story gain, though? Will these people have found out more? Will they have seen more of the monster?

Maybe some of them filmed the destruction of Central Park and we get to see if there really was anyone surviving.

No clue, absolutely no clue. I just hope it doesn't become a regular monster movie. I do find it a bit hypocritical of Abrams, though. His original premise was to have an insane, new monster, and he's created a brilliant one in my opinion. However, he critiqued King Kong and Godzilla as being charming and adorable, but that's because there's a million action figures and kids toys out. So what does he do? He let's Hasbro release a 13 inch tall poseable figure of the monster, which sounds admittedly bad ass, but will undoubtedly ruin all mystery.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
I would watch the sequel as well, but I can definetly see it being crap. How does one make a movie that's just as good, but with half the hype and mysteriousness? We already know what it looks like, as well as the little spider thingies. And we'll already knwo that as soon as someone get's bit, they're screwed.

I don't know.. they pulled it off in Aliens.

Alpha Centauri
Because the hype isn't what made me enjoy this movie.

It made me curious, it caused me to see it, it didn't make the actual movie good, and your comment is somewhat telling about how people are judging this movie, and why.

Most people had already decided this movie would be "awesome" when they saw the teaser. I didn't, it could have been shit. I wasn't going in to see a monster either, really. In fact, it was the opposite. I was excited because I had hoped the movie wouldn't just be another monster movie, about a monster, and about killing it. It wasn't, and my opinion of it is nothing to do with the hype. Hence my much documented stance on people like Fist going on about it so much without seeing it.

I wasn't theorising over what it could be, or why. I heard the premise and I was genuinely interested in the approach and what they set out to achieve, I feel they did so and therefore I was massively satisfied.

I have a lot in it for me, people who saw it and enjoyed it because of pre-hype, do not. The filmmakers aren't even responsible for the hype, it's not like they did a Bill Gates and spent retarded amounts on marketing. It was one two minute teaser for the longest time, then a trailer and a poster. People got themselves carried away and have nobody but themselves to blame if they feel let down.

You've gotta realise how hard it is to do what Abrams did, in today's world. Hence why people need to chill the f*ck out and actually wait 'til these things are released, then find out for yourself.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
I share the same sentiments as you do.

But most people do not, hence why I think making a sequel might be a mistake.

jerrytrinity
already? I heard its in post production lol. give me a break cloverf'ck.

Blax_Hydralisk
What?

jaden101
http://imdb.com/title/tt1179933/

grey fox
Originally posted by GGS
How does it attack the bridge while it's in the city centre then and magically reappear hardly moved from the city centre when the army attack it.

Horror Plot device, how does Jason magically disappear and reappear right behind someone ? Horror plot device.

Originally posted by GGS
How does it's mass and facial features change dramatically during the night until Hud is eaten?

They don't, it's just the camera is at an angle and the lighting is incredibly poor.

Originally posted by GGS
Different camera angles? lol that hardly cuts as an excuse when one of the film's whole selling point is it's shot on one camcorder so that's that theory debunked.

Note the word 'CAMCORDER', their not exactly picture perfect, especially in the middle of the night aimed at a creature whose getting rapidly different lighting around it.

Originally posted by GGS
There was damage on the monster that was bombed you can see it in the helicopter yet the one that comes up and eats hud is like totally unhurt

It reacted in pain from the carpet bombing but their was little to no wounds upon its body. Also the parasites were absorbing a lot of the damage.

Originally posted by GGS
and they wake up from helicopter crash is only 40 mins after it does crash. Hardly looks like the monster that ate hud has been fighting military all night.

It's a giant monster,Logic doesn't have to be its strong point.

Originally posted by GGS

As in the manga ? Because that's a pile of shit. Instead of going with Abrams 'Under-sea trench , awoken by Slusho' the dumb ass is trying to say his OC created Cloverfield due to his mothers death or some bullshit like that...

steverules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield_2#Sequel

No surprise

Blax_Hydralisk
Yes no surprise. No surprise at all considering the Cloverfield Sequal Thread is only a few topics down from this one.

Dusty
Originally posted by steverules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield_2#Sequel

No surprise Yeah. **** you. Find the right thread. Spell sequel.

=Tired Hiker=
Cloverfield sucked!

Blax_Hydralisk
NO U!

faithxp
What a cloverfield sequel.,?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by faithxp
What a cloverfield sequel.,?

What are you even trying to say? confused

steverules
Originally posted by Dusty
Yeah. **** you. Find the right thread. Spell sequel.

F*ck you big grin Happy Dance eek!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

vincent

Bad idea.

steverules
The monster will probably be killed somehow in the sequal, thus ending cloverfield...I wonder if they'll find out where it came from

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by endrict
But the first BWP sucked...

No it didn't....it only sucked because people found out the real story AFTER the fact.

For weeks people speculated what had happen to the crew. If it wasn't for the early days of message boards and chat rooms the film would have build a stronger mystery.

Of course, if someone watch it without knowing what happen. I betcha a cherry coke that someone would be intrigued.

steverules
Whats BWP?

super pr*xy
blair witch project...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think Cloverfield 2 should be set in a giant vagina, and that it's from the viewpoint of a bunch of rabbits that happened to be hopping around inside when a giant cock rammed itself into the hole and started squirting everywhere. It'd be awesome.

faithxp
They must make it better than the first one., and I' am hoping with that one.,

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by faithxp
They must make it better than the first one., and I' am hoping with that one.,

They will. They better. And i wish they'd hurry it up, too.

That's alright, if he fcuks up again you could always get your refund back (tenfold). just download all the lost seasons for free.

hehe.

Alpha Centauri
You sound like a spoiled child, get over yourself.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
MUST you point out his foolishness in every thread?

Alpha Centauri
Every, or two?

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
Four, rather. That's just the ones I've seen.

As of late you two have dropped it in the other two, but how long will that last? I think that things would be more productive, if you just let him have his opinion, despite how stupid it may or may not be.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying to change his opinion or take it away, I'm exercising freedom of speech. My opinion on his opinion, as he has the right to do also.

Chill.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
Just trying to help you out erm

Toku King
I say make a sequel with regular camera, no longer shaky cam.

It takes place after the first film(obviously). The army thinks the creature is dead. The USA's scientific minds are trying to figure out why the monster was here, where it came from, and if there are any more like it.
The army is terrified, however, when they receive a transmission that the monster is still alive. The worst part is that they don't know where it is, or how to stop it(face it, if an a-bomb does nothing, the army's screwed).
Meanwhile, things may be even worse. The government gets a tip of sudden tremors in a certain section on of the Pacific, and hope they have found the monster. But here's the problem: It's a monster, but not the monster. That's right, there's now two monsters on the loose. This creature seems to be just as unstoppable as the other monster, if not moreso, even bigger, and of a different species.
As they follow the beast, they find nearby a graveyard of monsters, all that look like the Cloverfield Monster. So the scientific team concludes that these monsters are from some mutational period of earth, and that their species are long extinct.
The large monster hits the shores of some city(whatever the producers choose), and as some kind of battle setup, so does the other monster.
Who will win the fight? And even more pondering, how will mankind survive either way?

Toku King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying to change his opinion or take it away, I'm exercising freedom of speech. My opinion on his opinion, as he has the right to do also.

Chill.

-AC

I hate people like that. 'I have freedom of speech so I'm gonna use it to be a dink!'

Get over yourself. Freedom of speech is more of a privilege than a right. You misusing it to insult someone does nothing but make me question 'where did our forefathers go wrong?'.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Toku King
I hate people like that. 'I have freedom of speech so I'm gonna use it to be a dink!'

Get over yourself. Freedom of speech is more of a privilege than a right. You misusing it to insult someone does nothing but make me question 'where did our forefathers go wrong?'.

Its a forum, he is discussing the topic and giving his opinions on someone elses opinion. I seem to recall seeing you do the same in the Spidey thread. We're not here to judge people, we're here to give our opininons, and judge the opinions of others.

Toku King
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Its a forum, he is discussing the topic and giving his opinions on someone elses opinion.

By saying "you sound like a spoiled child, get over yourself"? Are you joking?

Then you have recalled wrong. I have NEVER done that.

You say this, and yet improve of that guy's posts.....

Did you even read them?

Tron
Ummmm, can we save a mod the trouble of having to respond to an eventual report regarding this thread, and just continue with the topic at hand? And can it be done without someone needing to have the last word? I know that's a lot to ask considering those involved in this thread, but it would be nice regardless.

Toku King
Originally posted by Tron
Ummmm, can we save a mod the trouble of having to respond to an eventual report regarding this thread, and just continue with the topic at hand? And can it be done without someone needing to have the last word? I know that's a lot to ask considering those involved in this thread, but it would be nice regardless.

I don't need the last word. I just wanted to explain my case, and that I don't fully understand how that one guy's post is anything but an attempt to be insultive.

Micheal_Myers
By saying "you sound like a spoiled child, get over yourself"? Are you joking?

Then you have recalled wrong. I have NEVER done that.

You say this, and yet improve of that guy's posts.....

Did you even read them?

No, I never said you insulted directly. I said I recall arguing with someone elses opininon. You are arguing with my opinion right now. Which is exactly my case. I'm not trying to offend anyone, this is what forums are for.

Toku King
No, I never said you insulted directly. I said I recall arguing with someone elses opininon. You are arguing with my opinion right now. Which is exactly my case. I'm not trying to offend anyone, this is what forums are for.

How in God's name is calling someone "a spoiled child" and telling them to "get over themself" arguing an opinion?

I honestly doubt you read any of his posts. You just couldn't have to use that basis for his so called 'argument', which is him just insulting someone.

Toku King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You sound like a spoiled child, get over yourself.

-AC

He's defending his right to insult someone, and you're helping!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think Cloverfield 2 should be set in a giant vagina, and that it's from the viewpoint of a bunch of rabbits that happened to be hopping around inside when a giant cock rammed itself into the hole and started squirting everywhere. It'd be awesome. yes genius.

Micheal_Myers
He's defending his right to insult someone, and you're helping!

Granted, he has the right to insult anybody if he wants and if a MOD see's it as wrong, then the MOD will take action.

katepyro
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I did read that also. I'm hoping that wouldn't be the case if/when J.J. does a sequel. I'm hoping he would explain some aspects of the creature.

Yea i agree.. i just hope its based on the same thing cause i wanna know where it came from i dont wanna see it attack another city.. it should just show manhatten agen

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by katepyro
i just hope its based on the same thing cause i wanna know where it came from i dont wanna see it attack another city.. it should just show manhatten agen

Let's hope he answers more than that like he should've at first.

He will. He better.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

He will. He better.
Why does everybody wanna have everything spoon fed to them. Listen, if a giant monster attacked MY city? The last thing I would expect to figure out is where it came from. I wouldnt expect to recieve a document detailing the species, origins, and stats of the creature.

FistOfThe North
Why does everybody wanna have everything spoon fed to them. Listen, if a giant monster attacked MY city? The last thing I would expect to figure out is where it came from. I wouldnt expect to recieve a document detailing the species, origins, and stats of the creature.

You'd wail and flee. While that'd be the first thing i'd wanna find out. Know your enemy.

SnakeEyes
Cloverfield doesn't need a sequel. It's better as a standalone film.

Micheal_Myers
You'd wail and flee. While that'd be the first thing i'd wanna find out. Know your enemy.

Know your enemy?!!? Well while your sitting there examining and waiting for all the other clueless people to tell you the origins and stats of the monster and not running. I'm sure the monster will be just sitting there sipping tea letting you conduct your research and do your thing. Its not that easy...

In the film its obvious that this is the first appearance of the creature on land. How WOULD they know what it is?! Do you think it was some sort of government conspiracy?? That someone knew?? No! And thats exactly what it would be like if a monster had appeared out of nowhere in the real world just as it did in Cloverfield. Scientists, the military, and human kind in general would be clueless.

Alpha Centauri
You misusing it to insult someone does nothing but make me question 'where did our forefathers go wrong?'.

I wasn't using it to insult someone, I was using it to say something that happened to be insulting, to a man who couldn't be more sensitive if he tried.

The reason he is so antsy about this movie is cos it wasn't meant for his kind of movie goer, and he wishes it was. His opinion of the way the movie was made does not match up with his opinion of him as a moviegoer. Saying you are really analytical, sophisticated, smart and otherwise, then moaning about a film for not tying everything up for you neatly, and not having the presense to understand it, contradicts that.

He will. He better.

Civil question:

"He better."? Or what, exactly? You'll come here and diss him?

I've seen various people make these kind of comments and never understood why. Can you tell me? Genuinely curious as to what you plan to do.

-AC

dadudemon
I haven't seen the first one but I am interested.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.