Wall-E

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
WALL-E is a computer animated science fiction film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film, which has a robot as its title character, will be released on June 27, 2008. The film is being directed by Andrew Stanton, whose previous film, Finding Nemo, won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. Jim Morris, who previously worked for Lucasfilm, will be the producer. Most of the characters are not voiced by actors, but by mechanical noises combined to resemble voices.

- Wiki

Looks cool. May check it out just cause Pixar rules and they're the best in the industry tech-wise and it has disney for the story. Can't beat that. Forget Dreamworks.

Neo Darkhalen
Seen this trailer, the robot looks adorable, Apple trailers is where I first found out about it.

SnakeEyes
I've been really dissapointed with the Pixar films lately, but this one looks pretty good.

I'll be seeing it for sure.

Rajendra
if it this from Pixar, it was definitely a great animated film, I'm so excited to see this.

Xyn1407
Here is the new international trailer for those of you that missed the empire trailer. It looks like they are taking it down eveywhere so it probably won't be up long.

I can't wait to see this movie.

Click here

edwinian
I'm shocked to see theres no Wall-E thread in the animation section, I think it's easily the biggest animation movie the year... I may even say the clear Oscar winner for best animated picture. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Stun
Yeah i cant wait for this one smile i usually dont do cute - but this looks adorable!stick out tongue

edwinian
Yea I'm not normally a huge cartoon fan, but I feel like with Pixar projects I enjoy them just as much as I do any other genre of movie. They do a great job with their stories and jokes.

I was on Yahoo! movies and saw this new video of Andrew Stanton (director) talking a little about Wall-E, I thought it was a good video and helped provide some insight in to the character.

Mairuzu
i will definitely see this

Prince Nauj
This one looks really good. I love machine and space movies.

edwinian
Sorry, it might help if I post a llink
to the video.
What I've been loving in the trailers is the detail that Pixar puts in to the animation, like all the dust and dirt when the spaceship lands on earth, that must take days to animate. This could be one of Pixar's best, along with Toy Story.

edwinian
Saw Indiana in theatres last night... they played the Wall-E trailer before hand, and it was great to see it up there on the big screen, seemed like the crowd was really about it too, which was nice. The part with the shopping carts got a big laugh.

BruceSkywalker
My nephew saw this and loved it

SnakeEyes
I caught midnight showing of this the other day, it was really good. The graphics were absolutely amazing, Wall-E is a likable character and the plot of this movie appealed to me more than most other Pixar films.

All in all, I recommend it.

dadudemon
I saw this tonight with my son. It was great. I like how the paid attention to the fact that Wall-E would wear out. I didn't agree with the human conditions. I don't think they'd be getting fat like that. Also, I disagreed greatly with the fact that no life was found on any planet except for Earth. Those are trivial scientific nit picks. Though, I may not be clear on what exactly was going on. The eve droids may have been specifically programmed for Earth and I may have misinterpreted what they were doing. But I could have sworn they were exploring multiple planets. Also, the humans would not have been able to walk after being in those chairs all their life. I LOVED the little tiny super roach. He was AWESOME!!! The epitome of arthropod evolution HAHAHA! I really enjoyed the ultra clean atmosphere of the Axiom. The little cleaning bot was awesome. Another thing that didn't cut it...in the future, we will NOT need so many satellites. They will keep expanding their bandwidth and functionality. We will need less and less satellites as time goes on. Also, as time goes on, we will figure out how to disassemble and reassemble matter at the molecular level, just like they do on the Axiom. Which presents another problem with the movie. Why didn't they disassemble and reassemble the waste on earth into useful objects? Like...say....more replicators and bots? It would have been a geometric function as far as cleaning up the planet went. Why was the trash shoot on the Axiom rusty/dirty? You'd think they'd have cleaned that as well. Over 700 years old or not...it would be in the ships best interest.

Sorry for going on and on, I loved the movie. My son sat very still and wasn't distracted at all. That is a testament to Pixar's ability to appeal to both old and young.

S_D_J

dadudemon

Robtard
Very good movie, was well done and had a decent (though pc) message. Good balance of humor and drama.

S_D_J
Originally posted by dadudemon
we have no idea what type of circuit board that was. It appeared to be his control board for energy/solar panels. He might have lost his memory due to a "reboot" type of effect from running out of power. We have no idea. Sometimes, all the bells and whistles running inside of an OS are lost upon reboot. He could still have had all his memories but was running the basic OS (operating system) that comes with the machinery. He obviously has very advanced AI...so there's no telling what happened. One thing I thought about when I noticed he lost all personality after being rebooted...It made total sense as to why he survived all the thousands to million other Wall-E units. He developed some sort of sentience! This would explain his surviving really really well. Being afraid has very real benefits. There are a load of other things about having some sort of sentience that increases survivability such as altruism. Anyway, back onto your question...I figure, since he had all of those memories (data) from his experiences, but only running the basic OS, he needed some sort of imput to restore from his nascent OS to his 700+ year old OS state. That was the "holding hands" input. Very well thought out, as far as computing goes. Very intelligent. I can appreciate something like that since I work with computers. I hope that clears things up.

it helps! big grin

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by S_D_J
how did Wall-E regained his memory?... isn't that impossible?, EVE changed his RAM (or whatever that thing was)confused

I think it was his mother board got fried and not his memory chip.

Endrict Nuul
I loved the movie... it was like Short Circuit mixed with ET and a 2001 Space Odyssey theme.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
I loved the movie... it was like Short Circuit mixed with ET and a 2001 Space Odyssey theme.

Short Circuit!! eek!

I remember I thought I saw Wall-E someplace else... the first time I saw the trailer, but couldn't remember the name of the movie big grin

FistOfThe North
Wall-E's the best film i've seen in theatres this year thus far.

But i think TDK will change that.

BackFire
So far this is the best film of the year. I'll actually be surprised if The Dark Knight impresses me as much as this did. It was a brilliant and amazing film, one of the best animated films I've ever seen.

S_D_J
I just remember Ben Burtt was Wall-E's voice... There's so much of R2-D2 in Wall-E big grin

The j0keR
My ex who loves Charlie Chaplin said she saw a whole lot of Chaplin in Wall-E's character. This was a great movie, possibly my favorite Pixar movie, I need to see it again to say for sure.

S_D_J
I am going to see it again. So far, I haven't watch any '08 movies twice, not even Iron Man... Wall-E deserves multiple viewings.

... let's wait for TDK to see how it fares...

FistOfThe North
I like how he sounds when he says Eva's name with the digital voice.

"e-EvA!!"

jordanasmith
Which part of Wall-E's appearance did you like the most?

BackFire
His eyes.

Menetnashté
Best pixar movie yet imo. Wall-e was such a likable character, loved the fat society as well lol. The guy falling off of his chair and not being able to get up was epic haha.

J32
the first one I really loved after Ice Age...really a great animated movie.

SnakeEyes
Disney/Pixar are pushing to get this movie nominated for Best Picture (in addition to Best Animated Feature); I found that interesting. It'll definitely be different if an animated film won Best Picture.

BackFire
It should absolutely be nominated for best picture, and in my opinion compared to everything that's come out so far, it should win. Best film of the year so far by a pretty large margin I think.

Raoul
Originally posted by BackFire
It should absolutely be nominated for best picture, and in my opinion compared to everything that's come out so far, it should win. Best film of the year so far by a pretty large margin I think.

i agree... i knew it would be good, and yet i was still blown away... nobody makes em like disney when they're on form...

MildPossession
DVD soon!!!!!!!! can't wait.

Magical film.

Impediment
I still haven't seen it. I really want to, though. I'll be buying the dvd on it's release day.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by MildPossession
DVD soon!!!!!!!! can't wait.

Magical film.

Imagine it on Blu Ray..

BackFire
I just watched it again on DVD.

Still amazing. The animation is just gorgeous, and the first 45 minutes or so are other worldly, no words spoken, but a connection unlike anything most films with dialogue could even hope for. As MP said, an absolutely magical film.

MildPossession
I've seen it at the cinema, so I've seen it at its best quality. DVD is fine for me, got a good television, dvd player and connections. Plus most importantly, I get a Slinky with the dvd, he he.

I got a Wall.E tote bag today, yay smile

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by MildPossession
I've seen it at the cinema, so I've seen it at its best quality. DVD is fine for me, got a good television, dvd player and connections. Plus most importantly, I get a Slinky with the dvd, he he.

I got a Wall.E tote bag today, yay smile

Blu-ray digital tech may have a higher definition than movie theatre screens can display now as most movies theatres still go by projection, aka a lower quality and ancient method. You can't compare that with the extreme-HD capabilities blu-ray has.

I don't think movie theatre screen quality can match blu-ray quality on say like a sony bravia LCD flatscreen or plasma tv with digital surround sound.

The only thing a movie theatre screen has over flat panels is size. And even that area is beginnig to seem unimportant now that a big tv isn't even a big deal to get anymore..

Movie tragic
Great family film.

MildPossession
It's up against some hard acts at our BAFTAs this year.

MildPossession
Actually seeing it on the cinema screen is still superior compared to watching the film on blu ray.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.