Thanos' willpower vs Darkseid's willpower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Whose will breaks first?

The Great Galen
Thanos loses hands down, next plz.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Thanos loses hands down, next plz. How so?

Explain why you feel that Darkseid's willpower is greater than Thanos' for me please.

TricksterPriest
Scott Free said he couldn't break Darkseid's will with the ALE.

The Great Galen
DS is a God as well while Thanos is mortal...they operate on different levels.

TricksterPriest
That's wrong. Thanos was immortal. But you're right, he's not a god, and he operates on a different level than DS.

Darkseid projected himself from the Source Wall. Once, he animated a giant statue of himself and claimed the power required to do that was more energy than Apokolips used in an entire year.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Scott Free said he couldn't break Darkseid's will with the ALE. Thanos' willpower alone allowed him to become supreme in Marvel's the end. The reason he couldnt break Darkseid's will also had to do with his partial knowledge of the equation. Happy Dance

quanchi112
DS is a God as well while Thanos is mortal...they operate on different levels. laughing out loud Ds is a god who submits to Superman who isnt a god. smile

quanchi112
That's wrong. Thanos was immortal. But you're right, he's not a god, and he operates on a different level than DS.

Darkseid projected himself from the Source Wall. Once, he animated a giant statue of himself and claimed the power required to do that was more energy than Apokolips used in an entire year. Darkseid is capable of amazing feats but Thanos well became god twice. He is well just better. smile

TricksterPriest
laughing out loud Superman is as close to being chosen by God in DC as you can get.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Superman is as close to being chosen by God in DC as you can get. In dc he is something but in marvel he wouldnt be shit. In marvel no one character runs the show and especially no one as weak as Superman. The bigger threats over in marvel would lol at this Kryptonian.

Sirius77
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud Ds is a god who submits to Superman who isnt a god. smile

Drax vs Thanos

Winner= Drax

Darkseid vs Superman

Winner= Superman

Whats the difference between these two?

Thanos died. And his opponent was (at best) a class 40 that could be cut by knives...

Darkseid survived. His opponent was a being that takes exploding suneaters, splits and pushes moons, travels faster than light, and has on two accounts faced abstracts (Dominus and Death) and is essential to the universe.

So, with that being said... Darkseid is alot better off.

Sirius77
In dc he is something but in marvel he wouldnt be shit. In marvel no one character runs the show and especially no one as weak as Superman. The bigger threats over in marvel would lol at this Kryptonian.

Thanos wouldnt be shit either. He would just be another second rate Darkseid clone. Like Mongul.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Drax vs Thanos

Winner= Drax

Darkseid vs Superman

Winner= Superman

Whats the difference between these two?

Thanos died. And his opponent was (at best) a class 40 that could be cut by knives...

Darkseid survived. His opponent was a being that takes exploding suneaters, splits and pushes moons, travels faster than light, and has on two accounts faced abstracts (Dominus and Death) and is essential to the universe.

So, with that being said... Darkseid is alot better off. Drax was created by Kronos with the sole purpose of killing Thanos. It took him over thirty years and a cheapshot to accomplish this.

Supes has beaten Darkseid and made him beg for mercy. There were no cheapshots here. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Thanos wouldnt be shit either. He would just be another second rate Darkseid clone. Like Mongul. Nah.....Thanos is more successful than any dc villain....ever. stick out tongue

Sirius77
Drax was created by Kronos with the sole purpose of killing Thanos. It took him over thirty years and a cheapshot to accomplish this.

Supes has beaten Darkseid and made him beg for mercy. There were no cheapshots here. laughing out loud

So being essential to the universe, and basically being chosen by the presence isnt a cheap shot?

Mentor is a pretty decent old man... but I doubt that he could make Drax essential to the universe. no expression

Sirius77
Nah.....Thanos is more successful than any dc villain....ever. stick out tongue

He was a tool.

quanchi112
So being essential to the universe, and basically being chosen by the presence isnt a cheap shot?

Mentor is a pretty decent old man... but I doubt that he could make Drax essential to the universe. no expression Kronos made Drax not Mentor. laughing laughing laughing

Do you know who Kronos is?

Superman has gotten his ass kicked many times and has failed to kick Orion's ass but seems to have Darkseid's number.

quanchi112
He was a tool. Name me a more successful dc villain than Thanos. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Supes could be written to beat Odin.

Drax cannot.

And Source>>>>>Kronos. You can't create a Drax to kill Darkseid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Great Galen
In dc he is something but in marvel he wouldnt be shit. In marvel no one character runs the show and especially no one as weak as Superman. The bigger threats over in marvel would lol at this Kryptonian.

U r aware of PC supes right?...supes at his peak dwarfs every marvel hero, not even a contest.

Sirius77
Kronos made Drax not Mentor.

Do you know who Kronos is?

Yeah, my bad, I meant Kronos. Its late.

Superman has gotten his ass kicked many times and has failed to kick Orion's ass but seems to have Darkseid's number.

And Drax hasnt? Last I recall, he got stabbed and died and came back... and then had trouble with annihilation bugs... Superman never did that... in fact, he's stronger than he has ever been normally after the crisis.

Sirius77
Name me a more successful dc villain than Thanos. stick out tongue

If you want to get technical, Eclipso. He once had the power to do anything, but lost it like thanos did.

I could reference Elaine, but shes not a villian, and she kept the power.

quanchi112
Yeah, my bad, I meant Kronos. Its late.

And Drax hasnt? Last I recall, he got stabbed and died and came back... and then had trouble with annihilation bugs... Superman never did that... in fact, he's stronger than he has ever been normally after the crisis. The point is that Drax was made to kill Thanos so he is in fact his silver bullet. Superman isnt Darkseid's silver bullet he just plain beat him down with no outside circumstances.

quanchi112
If you want to get technical, Eclipso. He once had the power to do anything, but lost it like thanos did.

I could reference Elaine, but shes not a villian, and she kept the power. Eclipso was never supreme and has since been retconned into a stooge for Darkseid. You cant name a lackey as the most successful villain ever. laughing out loud

quanchi112
U r aware of PC supes right?...supes at his peak dwarfs every marvel hero, not even a contest. Thor in silver age was stupid as well. The both were capable of silly ass stupid crap. Quit bringing up pc it was lame. laughing

Terryc250
Supes could be written to beat Odin.

Drax cannot.

And Source>>>>>Kronos. You can't create a Drax to kill Darkseid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supes will never beat Odin unless its SMP or somethin, Odin has destroyed galaxies, and he has MAGIC, theres no way regular supes can beat him, unless the writer is a failure.

Sirius77
The point is that Drax was made to kill Thanos so he is in fact his silver bullet. Superman isnt Darkseid's silver bullet he just plain beat him down with no outside circumstances.

Name someone other than Superman that has beaten Darkseid that isnt cosmic or skyfather level.

And how do you know that Superman isnt Darkseids silver bullet? How do you know he isnt eveeryones silver bullet?>

Southern_Rebel
The point is that Drax was made to kill Thanos so he is in fact his silver bullet. Superman isnt Darkseid's silver bullet he just plain beat him down with no outside circumstances.

It doesn't matter...Drax still killed Thanos...made him his *****. So yeah, Thanos does suck.

durquanchi

quanchi112
Originally posted by Terryc250
Supes will never beat Odin unless its SMP or somethin, Odin has destroyed galaxies, and he has MAGIC, theres no way regular supes can beat him, unless the writer is a failure. Trick just likes dc so much he will say anything to put a dc character over an obviously superior marvel one.

Sirius77
Thor in silver age was stupid as well. The both were capable of silly ass stupid crap. Quit bringing up pc it was lame. laughing

Thor in the silver age? He was NOTHING compared to pc superman. Why even bring him up?

quanchi112
Name someone other than Superman that has beaten Darkseid that isnt cosmic or skyfather level.

And how do you know that Superman isnt Darkseids silver bullet? How do you know he isnt eveeryones silver bullet?> Because he hasnt beaten Prime,Orion,Cyborg with his rings,etc.

Raker was kicking Darkseid's ass and Doomsday smashed him.

The Great Galen
Thor in silver age was stupid as well. The both were capable of silly ass stupid crap. Quit bringing up pc it was lame. laughing

It's canon so....hey its part of supes powerset and its a part of him. Its about as important to supes legacy and power as the power cosmic is to surfer.

Sirius77
Trick just likes dc so much he will say anything to put a dc character over an obviously superior marvel one.

no expression

quanchi112
Thor in the silver age? He was NOTHING compared to pc superman. Why even bring him up? He was doing some crazy ass ridiculous shit as well. Pc doesnt stand anyways and its foolish to bring it up.

quanchi112
no expression So you dont think Odin>>Superman. laughing

quanchi112
It's canon so....hey its part of supes powerset and its a part of him. Its about as important to supes legacy and power as the power cosmic is to surfer. Supes isnt pc anymore. laughing He is a lot weaker. big grin

Sirius77
Because he hasnt beaten Prime,Orion,Cyborg with his rings,etc.

Raker was kicking Darkseid's ass and Doomsday smashed him.

Superman-prime took on myx, Monarch, the guardians of the universe, the am, and both corps and the heroes of earth.

Orion was prophesied to kill him, but the future shows that Orion dies before Darkseid does in the future.

Darkseid pwned Hank Henshaw in the very issue that you referenced about h/p doomsday.

And it took the big bang just to halt h/p doomsday. He would have raped Thanos and you know it.

These examples dont even make sense quan...

Sirius77
So you dont think Odin>>Superman. laughing

I was referring to the irony of YOU calling someone else biased.

Southern_Rebel
Again...this is what would happen to Thanos after a casual DS backhand

superpoke

Sirius77
He was doing some crazy ass ridiculous shit as well. Pc doesnt stand anyways and its foolish to bring it up.

But nowhere near sneezing away solar systems and almost ending the multiverse with pure speed alone. It doesnt compare. no expression

TricksterPriest
Trick just likes dc so much he will say anything to put a dc character over an obviously superior marvel one.

And now the bias finally comes out. evil face

quanchi112
Superman-prime took on myx, Monarch, the guardians of the universe, the am, and both corps and the heroes of earth.

Orion was prophesied to kill him, but the future shows that Orion dies before Darkseid does in the future.

Darkseid pwned Hank Henshaw in the very issue that you referenced about h/p doomsday.

And it took the big bang just to halt h/p doomsday. He would have raped Thanos and you know it.

These examples dont even make sense quan... I was saying that Superman failed to beat these characters on these occasions. I wasnt talking about Darkseid.

Darkseid also needed Supermans help to save his life and to buy him time so he could oneshot Henshaw and regain his planet.

Thanos would have owned Doomsday. He thinks on his feet and would have bfr'd him for the win.

Thanos can take a beatdown while Darkseid cannot.

quanchi112
But nowhere near sneezing away solar systems and almost ending the multiverse with pure speed alone. It doesnt compare. no expression laughing out loud laughing out loud Yeah and all you needed was a little k-nite and you could kill his ass. laughing out loud Magic hurt him immensly back then more as well.

quanchi112
And now the bias finally comes out. evil face I am not biased I speak my mind but I read dc and love it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Again...this is what would happen to Thanos after a casual DS backhand

superpoke Thanos would smile and then make Ds tap out. Superman did it and Thanos would do it faster and easier.

Southern_Rebel
I was saying that Superman failed to beat these characters on these occasions. I wasnt talking about Darkseid.

Darkseid also needed Supermans help to save his life and to buy him time so he could oneshot Henshaw and regain his planet.

Thanos would have owned Doomsday. He thinks on his feet and would have bfr'd him for the win.

You can't say that Thanos would beat Doomsday down...you're just speculating...hell, he couldn't even put Squirrel Girl down...how would he put Doomsday down?

I guarantee you...if Thanos was a DC character...Superman would be smacking the shit out of him too....and even you can't deny that.

quanchi112
You can't say that Thanos would beat Doomsday down...you're just speculating...hell, he couldn't even put Squirrel Girl down...how would he put Doomsday down?

I guarantee you...if Thanos was a DC character...Superman would be smacking the shit out of him too....and even you can't deny that. Uhm Thnaos has the feats to prove he could take what Doomsday was dishing out and would smile. Sg isnt canon and if you do want to talk about it then it was offpanel anyways. laughing laughing

If Superman were a marvel character he wouldnt satnd out and would just be one of the boys. In marvel no one hero can do it all but in dc Superman is its heart.

smile

Sirius77
I was saying that Superman failed to beat these characters on these occasions. I wasnt talking about Darkseid.

Why? I clearly asked you about Darkseid.

Because he had been sneek-attacked by h/p dd. Thats not a low feat.

The same way he bfred Drax? Oh wait...

Thats funny.

quanchi112
Why? I clearly asked you about Darkseid.

Because he had been sneek-attacked by h/p dd. Thats not a low feat.

The same way he bfred Drax? Oh wait...

Thats funny. Drax with his new resurrection had these new powers that couldnt be foreseen. Thanos was busy and you cant prep for a cheapshot. He wasnt engaging Drax and had Moondragon holding him off till he was ready but she failed.

Thanos is greater in terms of durability than Darkseid and everyone knows it.

Darkseid hit Doomsday with the first attack so he was utterly stupid in this battle. The fact that he couldnt get one counter in after Doomsday starting hitting him was pathetic. Again if you are in a fight and land the first blow you cant be cheapshotted after that. The fight is under way. Hence Ds was really stupid and weak.

Sirius77
laughing out loud laughing out loud Yeah and all you needed was a little k-nite and you could kill his ass. laughing out loud Magic hurt him immensly back then more as well.

Appearently it wasnt that easy. Otherwise Luthor would have done it, now wouldnt he? smile

Sirius77
Thanos would smile and then make Ds tap out. Superman did it and Thanos would do it faster and easier.

Do you know the power difference between Drax and Darkseid?

Southern_Rebel
Uhm Thnaos has the feats to prove he could take what Doomsday was dishing out and would smile. Sg isnt canon and if you do want to talk about it then it was offpanel anyways. laughing laughing

If Superman were a marvel character he wouldnt satnd out and would just be one of the boys. In marvel no one hero can do it all but in dc Superman is its heart.

smile

Then you admit it then??? If Thanos was in DC....Supes would be kickin' that ass!!!!

quanchi112
Then you admit it then??? If Thanos was in DC....Supes would be kickin' that ass!!!! No..if Thanos was in dc hed be the presence. smile He is too much for dc.

quanchi112
Appearently it wasnt that easy. Otherwise Luthor would have done it, now wouldnt he? smile Because dc wont let anyone kill off Superman silly rabbit. In these types of matchups we can kill off the heroes.

quanchi112
Do you know the power difference between Drax and Darkseid? Do you know what silver bullet means?

Sirius77
Uhm Thnaos has the feats to prove he could take what Doomsday was dishing out and would smile.

I'm quoting this. This almost as bad as the "Thanos has more will than God" argument. No... it doesnt compare.

Anyway, tell me how Thanos would do anything if his opponent was evolving to his every attack?

Sg isnt canon and if you do want to talk about it then it was offpanel anyways.

It is cannon. Youre just too biased to realize it...

smile

If thanos was a dc character, he'd be like Mongul.

Southern_Rebel
No..if Thanos was in dc hed be the presence. smile He is too much for dc.

You have it all wrong...if Thanos was in DC....Darkseid would laugh at such a silly immortal and proceed to erase him with the Omega Effect..and yes...that would happen. There is nothing Thanos could even do about it.

Sirius77
Do you know what silver bullet means?

Thanos would smile and then make Ds tap out. Superman did it and Thanos would do it faster and easier.

Darkseid would smile and then make Thanos tap out. Drax did it and Darksied would do it faster and easier.

See how easy that was?

Sirius77
No..if Thanos was in dc hed be the presence. smile He is too much for dc.

Now THAT was biased.

quanchi112
I'm quoting this. This almost as bad as the "Thanos has more will than God" argument. No... it doesnt compare.

Anyway, tell me how Thanos would do anything if his opponent was evolving to his every attack?

It is cannon. Youre just too biased to realize it...

If thanos was a dc character, he'd be like Mongul. I realy dont care what you quote. laughing out loud If you read the Thanos Thor fight with the power gem you would clearly see him smile after he took a pounding. He enjoys a good throwdown and would engage with Doomsday and then bfr or put him in containment block when he tired of this conflict just as he did against Thor.

It is spelled canon not cannon. rolling on floor laughing

No it isnt imo.

Thanos was made in homage to Darkseid. He is more successful and has done far grander things than Darkseid ever will.

quanchi112
You have it all wrong...if Thanos was in DC....Darkseid would laugh at such a silly immortal and proceed to erase him with the Omega Effect..and yes...that would happen. There is nothing Thanos could even do about it. Name me an above top tier being Darkseid took out wit the oe. Hell all you need is heat vision to beat it anymore.

Thanos would make Darkseid his bich.

quanchi112
Now THAT was biased. It was a joke. laughing

All we are doing is speculating.

quanchi112
Darkseid would smile and then make Thanos tap out. Drax did it and Darksied would do it faster and easier.

See how easy that was? Drax has special powers that Darkseid doesnt have. Even when you try to fool around you dont even make sense. I should quote this. laughing out loud

Southern_Rebel
Name me an above top tier being Darkseid took out wit the oe. Hell all you need is heat vision to beat it anymore.

Above top tier? Ok...a pre-crisis Daxamite for one...and they were just as powerful as pre-crisis Superman

quanchi112
Above top tier? Ok...a pre-crisis Daxamite for one...and they were just as powerful as pre-crisis Superman Gds isnt canon. Nice try though. laughing out loud laughing out loud

It is in the future so how would that pertain to Darkseid. wink

Sirius77
I realy dont care what you quote. laughing out loud If you read the Thanos Thor fight with the power gem you would clearly see him smile after he took a pounding. He enjoys a good throwdown and would engage with Doomsday and then bfr or put him in containment block when he tired of this conflict just as he did against Thor.

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spectre78fz.jpg

Apearenty so does Darksed.

It is spelled canon not cannon. rolling on floor laughing

And lol is spelled "laugh out loud" Point?

No it isnt imo.

Your opinion...

Thanos was made in homage to Darkseid. He is more successful and has done far grander things than Darkseid ever will.

Darkseid is alive and has stoped two crisis and counting under his own power. Thanos has not.

Southern_Rebel
Name me an above top tier being Darkseid took out wit the oe. Hell all you need is heat vision to beat it anymore.

Thanos was embarassed by that little boy Jim with the cosmic cube...haven't you read that thread...last time I looked...I noticed you hadn't made a reply in it...lol

What a shame...a little kid taking down "mighty" Thanos

laughing

Sirius77
Name me an above top tier being Darkseid took out wit the oe.

Funny you should ask.

Originally posted by Draco69
Agogg was a Doomsday/Kurse-level beast able to easily defeat Lightray and Orion:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p0f2d7cb123207ffa808cd71647124ba2/fbd4f8d0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p8a18616fc0332e8ec047dffb854ba318/fbd4edd6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p211ce9f87127a79e1921514b5ab3620c/fbd4edd4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p6995ae1ae66c3d2eef82e7d4504b651e/fbd4f360.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p361e60e944f5bd575710a67b4a714f09/fbd4f35b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pce4350d0cf8ec5476968c03e61eec902/fbd4f358.jpg

Darkseid shows he's too impressed for words, really, when he casually wipes a cowering Agogg from existence with The Omega Effect:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pe12af34b9fc5f553a279bbdeaa0a08c7/fbd4f8d3.jpg

Hell all you need is heat vision to beat it anymore.

Rather that than squirrels...

Thats funny.

Sirius77
Drax has special powers that Darkseid doesnt have. Even when you try to fool around you dont even make sense. I should quote this. laughing out loud

And are yousaying that superman doesnt have special powers that Thanos dosnt have?

He beats every threat that he needs to. Thanos doesnt.

Bad Ash231
Nah.....Thanos is more successful than any dc villain....ever. stick out tongue

Name me a more successful dc villain than Thanos. stick out tongue

Thanos' schemes are hardly successful. thorinn

Wally West
Thanos survived merging with the HOTU through sheer force of willpower alone. Thats an incredible feat.

SpiderGauntlet
3 and a half pages of this thread is about who would win in a fight.

Superherovandal
Honestly I'm really getting tired of the whole DS vs Thanos thread that keep popping up. The argument even pops up in threads nothing related to them.

Priest
TOAA chosed Thanos to wield HOTU because of his will. no expression

Thanos wins.

Hazsekswthurmom

Thanos would make Darkseid his bich. He killed Doomsday with the omega beams and erased Agogg.

iceman24567
Quan seriously if you think Thanos is horribly above Darkseid stop making these threads it's really annoying it's the same crap every time "Darkseid gets beat by Superman because he sucks and Thanos gets one shotted by Drax because he's his silver bullet" ok we know what you believe nobody cares about this Thanos vs Darkseid garbage plus this thread will be closed sooner or later.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by iceman24567
Quan seriously if you think Thanos is horribly above Darkseid stop making these threads it's really annoying it's the same crap every time "Darkseid gets beat by Superman because he sucks and Thanos gets one shotted by Drax because he's his silver bullet" ok we know what you believe nobody cares about this Thanos vs Darkseid garbage plus this thread will be closed sooner or later. Yeah it is pretty annoying.erm

quanchi112
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spectre78fz.jpg

Apearenty so does Darksed.

And lol is spelled "laugh out loud" Point?

Your opinion...

Darkseid is alive and has stoped two crisis and counting under his own power. Thanos has not. Lol means laugh out loud while canon is not the same as cannon. I am just helping you out here.

Name me the two crisis that Darkseid has singlehandedly stopped under his own power.

Thanos has become god twice and the second time he fixed the whole omniverse. stick out tongue

Thanos has been dead twice while Darkseid has been alive the whole time and failed thus far to acquire the ale and actually accomplish something. He failed to get the godwave as well. Now that Thanos is currently dead maybe Darkseid can accomplish something in the meantime while he has the chance.

stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Even I'm getting bored of it. Hell, Nvr was getting bored of it before he got banned by you, Quan.

I'm about ready to put you back in the ignore box.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Thanos' schemes are hardly successful. thorinn How so? He has saved the omniverse. Uhm the villain has to lose in the end. He has achieved ultimate power how many times now?

Name me a more successful dc villain then.

quanchi112
Rather that than squirrels...

Thats funny. If you consider Sg canon which I dont then she is undefeated and no one thus far has beaten her.

LORD B
gotta admits it getting very repetitive and stale,every once in a while is ok though depending on circumstances.

quanchi112
Even I'm getting bored of it. Hell, Nvr was getting bored of it before he got banned by you, Quan.

I'm about ready to put you back in the ignore box. Nver didnt insult me at all tha day. He was banned because he insulted anyone who disagreed with his theories. Seriously trick put me on ignore as I really dont care. You dont have the courage to face me in the battlezone and I really dont respect people who talk trash consistently and dont have the guts to back it up.

quanchi112
And are yousaying that superman doesnt have special powers that Thanos dosnt have?

He beats every threat that he needs to. Thanos doesnt. I am saying Thanos is superior to Superman and would easily beat him. Thor is nothing to Thanos and he is a peer of Superman. If top tier can beat Darkseid Thanos surely can as he is above top tier by a good bit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
He killed Doomsday with the omega beams and erased Agogg. He didnt kill Doomsday. no expression

quanchi112
Quan seriously if you think Thanos is horribly above Darkseid stop making these threads it's really annoying it's the same crap every time "Darkseid gets beat by Superman because he sucks and Thanos gets one shotted by Drax because he's his silver bullet" ok we know what you believe nobody cares about this Thanos vs Darkseid garbage plus this thread will be closed sooner or later. This is about willpower while others have tried to make it into a personal fight. I always back Thanos and everyone knows that.

batdude123
Thanos by default.

Why? Because more people like him around here than Darkseid. smile

iceman24567
This is about willpower while others have tried to make it into a personal fight. I always back Thanos and everyone knows that. No i think it's more about baiting Darkseid/Dc fans i don't see any other reason for this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Thanos by default.

Why? Because more people like him around here than Darkseid. smile So you really dont feel that his willpower is greater than Seid's.

quanchi112
No i think it's more about baiting Darkseid/Dc fans i don't see any other reason for this. I like Darkseid and really like dc as well.

Priest
I like Darkseid
lies

Mr. Slippyfist
and really like dc as well. Lies

Bad Ash231
He has saved the omniverse.

Like once?

He has achieved ultimate power how many times now?

And he has lost it how many times now?

llagrok
Even Loki managed to gather the infinity gems, it's not that impressive.

skyfather
Originally posted by llagrok
Even Loki managed to gather the infinity gems, it's not that impressive.
but thanos did think up the idea of uniting the gems to create the gauntlet and have control over every thing at once.

llagrok
Originally posted by skyfather
but thanos did think up the idea of uniting the gems to create the gauntlet and have control over every thing at once.

Thanos was allowed to look into the infinity well though.

skyfather
Thanos was allowed to look into the infinity well though.
it still took a lot of foresight to achieve his goals.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
lies I do like Darkseid I just like Thanos a million times more. Seriously though the way I post I attack characters. It is nothing personal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Lies Why would I read dc if I didnt like it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Even Loki managed to gather the infinity gems, it's not that impressive. Did he have to go through the elders of the universe? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Like once?

And he has lost it how many times now? Isnt saving the omniverse once enough. laughing laughing

All villains lose in the end and I repeat no one has achieved more.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos survived merging with the HOTU through sheer force of willpower alone. Thats an incredible feat.

And Darkseid breached the source wall through his own power.

Sirius77
Name me the two crisis that Darkseid has singlehandedly stopped under his own power.

The whole imperiex thing while weakened.

He sheilded the fourth world from coie.

Thanos has become god twice and the second time he fixed the whole omniverse. stick out tongue

The first time the lt just brushed him aside.

The second time he was toaa's puppet.

Some opinion you have of "god"...

Thanos has been dead twice while Darkseid has been alive the whole time and failed thus far to acquire the ale and actually accomplish something. He failed to get the godwave as well. Now that Thanos is currently dead maybe Darkseid can accomplish something in the meantime while he has the chance.

stick out tongue

Darkseid pwned an entire pantheon under his own power. Thanos couldnt even beat one god. Without the ig or the hotu, or some little scheme that will fail, thanos is below darkseid.

And this is getting annoying.

Sirius77
If you consider Sg canon which I dont then she is undefeated and no one thus far has beaten her.

She controls squirrels... no expression wow.

Air Legend
I think a better thread would be: Who has a stronger willpower than Thanos?

Sirius77
I am saying Thanos is superior to Superman and would easily beat him. Thor is nothing to Thanos and he is a peer of Superman. If top tier can beat Darkseid Thanos surely can as he is above top tier by a good bit.

And drax is nothing to superman, and he pwned thanos. Point?

Sirius77
Isnt saving the omniverse once enough. laughing laughing

Go to the respect thread. Superman did it. smile

Air Legend
Go to the respect thread. Superman did it. smile
Because a HUMAN said Superman saved the omniverse? LMFAO

Sirius77
Notice the smiley face.

Air Legend
That's not the appropriate smiley face for a facetious post.

Sirius77
Iirc, Thanos was the one who said he saved the omniverse. With Thanos' ego, thats just as bad as a human saying it.

And I'll use a smile whenever the **** I want, thankyou. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Iirc, Thanos was the one who said he saved the omniverse. With Thanos' ego, thats just as bad as a human saying it.

And I'll use a smile whenever the **** I want, thankyou. smile Call me daft... but when did Thanos say he saved the omniverse?

And if you're talking about HOTU... then he saved whatever you want to look at it. The universe, the multiverse, or the omniverse... the only thing debatable is on what level he saved it.

batdude123
Originally posted by Air Legend
Because a HUMAN said Superman saved the omniverse? LMFAO

Who gives a shit who said it? It was from the writer's own words to our eyes. And generally we take on panel evidence to mean something here.

And anyway...

Thanos by default.

Why? Because more people like him around here than Darkseid. smile

Air Legend
Who gives a shit who said it?
Tell me you're kidding...
It was from the writer's own words to our eyes.
No, it was from a dumbass human character the writer created to our own eyes. The narrator wasn't the one who said that asinine proclamation.
And generally we take on panel evidence to mean something here.
If a more credible source like the Spectre or a cosmic entity with near omniscience said that (because the Spectre lacks credibility at times aka DOV), then it would count. But not when a dumbass human says it.

TheBadguy
Thanos easily has the higher will power

Name someone other than Superman that has beaten Darkseid that isnt cosmic or skyfather level

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5752/stairswh8.png

batdude123
Tell me you're kidding...

No, it was from a dumbass human character the writer created to our own eyes. The narrator wasn't the one who said that asinine proclamation.

If a more credible source like the Spectre or a cosmic entity with near omniscience said that (because the Spectre lacks credibility at times aka DOV), then it would count. But not when a dumbass human says it.

Lulz. Dumbass human? You're reaching.

Joe Casey (the author of the instance in question) is of the opinion that Superman is one of the most powerful character in comic books. If he has a character say that he "saved the Omniverse," then Superman saved the omniverse. Period.

Air Legend
Lulz. Dumbass human? You're reaching.

Joe Casey (the author of the instance in question) is of the opinion that Superman is one of the most powerful character in comic books. If he has a character say that he "saved the Omniverse," then Superman saved the omniverse. Period.
Who cares what his opinion is? The fact stands that Superman is not one of the most powerful characters in comic books. And if this what you call his attempt at conveying his beliefs, then his attempt was and is utterly pathetic to say the least.

batdude123
Who cares what his opinion is?

I immediately stopped reading after this.

Everything contained within comic books are based upon what the writers think of it.

Superman saved the omniverse. Deal with it. smile

Air Legend
I immediately stopped reading after this.

Everything contained within comic books are based upon what the writers think of it.

Superman saved the omniverse. Deal with it. smile
Nope. He would have made the narrator say that if that were the case, and your need to cockride Superman isn't going to change that.

batdude123
Nope. He would have made the narrator say that if that were the case, and your need to cockride Superman isn't going to change that.

crylaugh

He doesn't need to do what you think is necessary in order to convey his message in the text.

Seriously, gtfo with your bullshit.

Air Legend
crylaugh

He doesn't need to do what you think is necessary in order to convey his message in the text.

Seriously, gtfo with your bullshit.
YOU need to stop cockriding Superman. Seriously, only an idiot would think Superman could save the omniverse on his lonesome.

The bullshit you're trying to pull ain't gonna work.

Bad Ash231

You mean like how Dan Jurgens once clarified in an interview that Doomsday was most likely just KOed by Darkseid's OE. durfist

batdude123
YOU need to stop cockriding Superman. Seriously, only an idiot would think Superman could save the omniverse on his lonesome.

The bullshit you're trying to pull ain't gonna work.

I don't need to speculate in this case.

There's on-panel evidence proving it for me. smile

Do I think it's logical? HELL no. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

Air Legend
I don't need to speculate in this case.

There's on-panel evidence proving it for me. smile

Do I think it's logical? HELL no. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though.
No on-panel evidence at all. Just a dumbass claiming Superman saved the omniverse, similar to Spider-Man claimed Sentry stalemated Galactus, but much worse and less credible than even that example.

batdude123
No on-panel evidence at all. Just a dumbass claiming Superman saved the omniverse, similar to Spider-Man claimed Sentry stalemated Galactus, but much worse and less credible than even that example.

Your correlation would hold some weight if Sentry was actually shown stalemating Galactus on panel. smile

Air Legend
Your correlation would hold some weight if Sentry was actually shown stalemating Galactus on panel. smile
No, because if that was shown on panel they would be entirely different. But since it wasn't, my argument is perfectly fine. Neither feats were shown on panel and both feats were just claimed by relatively ignorant characters, both claims are ridiculous, but when the Sentry=Galactus claim is juxtaposed with Superman saves omniverse claim, the Sentry claim is infinitely more plausible and logical.

leonidas
thanos wins because he's omnipotent. big grin

Air Legend
Originally posted by leonidas
thanos wins because he's omnipotent. big grin
Damn straight. What the hell happened to that thread anyways?

leonidas
laughing out loud kidding.

and it's prolly a couple pages back now. ahh, the memories . . . *sigh*

batdude123
No, because if that was shown on panel they would be entirely different. But since it wasn't, my argument is perfectly fine. Neither feats were shown on panel and both feats were just claimed by relatively ignorant characters, both claims are ridiculous, but when the Sentry=Galactus claim is juxtaposed with Superman saves omniverse claim, the Sentry claim is infinitely more plausible and logical.

We saw the actions Superman took in order to save the omniverse.

What Sentry did was completely off panel. Therefore, it lacks a correlation.

Your argument is a joke. smile

quanchi112
And Darkseid breached the source wall through his own power. Whoopty doo. That doesnt quite cut the mustard here.

quanchi112
The whole imperiex thing while weakened.

He sheilded the fourth world from coie.

The first time the lt just brushed him aside.

The second time he was toaa's puppet.

Some opinion you have of "god"...

Darkseid pwned an entire pantheon under his own power. Thanos couldnt even beat one god. Without the ig or the hotu, or some little scheme that will fail, thanos is below darkseid.

And this is getting annoying. Uhm didnt Superman defeat Imperiex. Again you are actually trying to tell me Darkseid saved everyone on his own against Imperiex. laughing out loud

When did Lt brush him aside.

god used Thanos because he needed him and his superior willpower to get the job done. god needed Thanos. Impressive I would say. smile

Darkseid beat which pantheon under hi sown power. I mean Superman isnt a god and has beaten him silly. Batman is just a man and caused Darkseid to bleed. Raker had Darkseid at his mercy and he was just a green lantern and wasnt a god.

Thanos toys with Thor and he is a god. So if the are a god that means something. Your argument is beyond weak. Thanos has beaten the Maker who is above just a regular old god. smile

Exiled Presence
Isn't Darkseid currently behind the Biggest Event In DC history? He's even fighting again the Source's own plans for the 5th world. Or Helping it or something like that. Hell DS has also faced the Dark Half of the source itself. He's got great will power.

Thanos had the power of God and was used for his will. Ultimately Thanos's will also keeps allowing for him to lose once he's gained ultimate power.

quanchi112
She controls squirrels... no expression wow. She is undefeated and she defeated him offpanel. I dont consider it canon anyways.

Exiled Presence
She is undefeated and she defeated him offpanel. I dont consider it canon anyways.

She's only Undefeated against Other Mid Meta types. Thanos losing to her is a sad state of affairs for such a mighty character.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Exiled Presence
Isn't Darkseid currently behind the Biggest Event In DC history? He's even fighting again the Source's own plans for the th world. Or Helping it or something like that. Hell DS has also faced the Dark Half of the source itself. He's got great will power.

Thanos had the power of God and was used for his will. Ultimately Thanos's will also keeps allowing for him to lose once he's gained ultimate power. Thanos could have done what he wanted. Darkseid has been fooled how many times and been the sap how many times. The only advantage Darkseid has is that no one is paying attention to him and that he is working alongside Solomon. Ds never became god. He couldnt handle it. His biggest accomplishment is gaining partial knowledge of the ale. smile

quanchi112
She's only Undefeated against Other Mid Meta types. Thanos losing to her is a sad state of affairs for such a mighty character. It isnt canon. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
I mean Superman isnt a god and has beaten him silly. Batman is just a man and caused Darkseid to bleed. Raker had Darkseid at his mercy and he was just a green lantern and wasnt a god.
Non-canon.

quanchi112
Go to the respect thread. Superman did it. smile This thread is about Darkseid. Superman has proven he is superior to Darkseid before. This thread is about Darkseid and Thanos though. smile

quanchi112
Non-canon. What isnt canon?

King Kandy
Attention: Why the hell are we talking about who the characters beat? This is about will power, not who's stronger.

Mr. Slippyfist
What isnt canon? What you just said.

Inhuman
She's only Undefeated against Other Mid Meta types. Thanos losing to her is a sad state of affairs for such a mighty character.

I consider it canon. In that same issue it is stated that a Thanos clone is multiversal. Impressive that even a Thanos clone is multiversal. smile

quanchi112
What you just said. State your case why it isnt canon.

Mr. Slippyfist
State your case why it isnt canon. I don't deem it canon... and that's why it isn't. smile

quanchi112
I don't deem it canon... and that's why it isn't. smile You would have something if say Darkseid was acting completely out of character or if the book they want Superman and Batman. You are declaring this series non canon and I say it is. smile

batdude123
I don't deem it canon... and that's why it isn't. smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/captain_hand/i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
You would have something if say Darkseid was acting completely out of character or if the book they want Superman and Batman. You are declaring this series non canon and I say it is. smile Darkseid was wearing a yellow suit. Completely out of character.

Darkseid was getting help from Desaad... completely out of character.

It's non canon. I don't think it's canon, and you're ignorant for saying otherwise.

quanchi112
Darkseid was wearing a yellow suit. Completely out of character.

Darkseid was getting help from Desaad... completely out of character.

It's non canon. I don't think it's canon, and you're ignorant for saying otherwise. He was wearing a yellow suit because of the green lanterns. I really could care less if you wan tot act like a child and try to prove some ridiculous point because I deem the sg shit non canon.

Who really gives a shit. laughing out loud It is just comics.

I have legitimate reasons why you want to be funny.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>