Thanos vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Southern_Rebel
Thanos has two weeks of prep to figure out a way to take care of Batman. However, Batman, anticipating that Thanos would one day come for him, has been prepping for two years.

I gave Batman longer prep time..because Thanos...of course...is vastly more powerful than Bats in almost all areas.

Can Batman stop Thanos with two years worth of prep...or will the TWO WEEKS prep for Thanos be enough to take down Batman?

SpiderGauntlet
I think Thanos with his obviously physical superiority and the fact that he is currently prepping compared to assuming what he could do for two years.

Also Thanos has only been thwarted by himself.

Lord-of-Dreams
Yea this is a really weird thread... two weeks prep is enough for Thanos to notice Batman attacking him ... there isnt much I see Batman managing, unless he's calling up Hal Jordan or something like that

Mr. Slippyfist
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1201444013-Wherreeee.jpg

llagrok
Thanos' willpower causes the universe to implode?

celestialdemon
Unless Batman enlists the aid of those vastly more powerful than himself, he loses.

King Kandy
Two weeks of Thanos Prep> Two years of Batman prep.

Inhuman
why the batman hate?erm

Capt Spaulding
lulz, Batman calls the every member of the JLA that's alive, and they beat thanos, Lulz. and he calls the JSA too

LORD B
with two weeks prep thanos creates numerous clones to do the job for him

Sirius77
No. Thanos is arrogant. He underestimates batman and gets pwned by everyone that batman has every known.

LORD B
Originally posted by Sirius77
No. Thanos is arrogant. He underestimates batman and gets pwned by everyone that batman has every known.
and batman is paranoid.

Terryc250
Thanos with no prep vs Batman with 2 years prep = Thanos ftw in an utter curbstomp

Thanos with 2 weeks prep vs Batman with 2 years prep = Thanos ftw in a gigantic utterly disgusting curbstomp

Priest
Thanos is not arrogant at all.
He keeps a watchful eye on others with super intellects ala Doom.

TheBadguy
Thanos in a humongous assrape. Odds are Batman wouldn't even call for much help if any and Thanos will have prepped for the superfriends anyway.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Terryc250
Thanos with no prep vs Batman with 2 years prep = Thanos ftw in an utter curbstomp

Thanos with 2 weeks prep vs Batman with 2 years prep = Thanos ftw in a gigantic utterly disgusting curbstomp
Well said.

llagrok
It's funny how people automatically assume that there are items like the cosmic cube and Infinity gems scattered around the cosmos for Thanos to simply go and pick up.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by llagrok
It's funny how people automatically assume that there are items like the cosmic cube and Infinity gems scattered around the cosmos for Thanos to simply go and pick up. What tha hell iz u talking about, an how duz it pertain to this thred?

King Kandy
Originally posted by llagrok
It's funny how people automatically assume that there are items like the cosmic cube and Infinity gems scattered around the cosmos for Thanos to simply go and pick up.
When did anyone say anything like that? Thanos and Warlock basically outprepped people wielding those items in IW and IC.

batdude123
Originally posted by Terryc250

All I can say is...

Wow. laughing out loud

King Kandy
It's true...

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
It's true...

no2

King Kandy
Okay what could Batman (with no outside help) do to Thanos with two years of prep?

Mr. Slippyfist
Okay what could Batman (with no outside help) do to Thanos with two years of prep? Sell his company for a dollar.
Declare bankruptcy.
Work his way back up to top again.
Buy back his company for twice as much as he sold it for.
Have sex with lots of high class hookers.

Come back, and batkick Thanos. smile

batdude123
Okay what could Batman (with no outside help) do to Thanos with two years of prep?

Anything he can think of.

The guy has created his own synthetic version of the Justice League (with all the powers and everything) and he also figured out how to defeat a universal conquering race by simply studying their alien technology for 10 minutes, and creating a countermeasure. smile

With his own, Kryptonian, Martian, and New Genesian technology contained inside his batcave and the JLA headquarters, AND with two years to figure out a plan, he can most certainly do it.

He can study, use resources and technology, etc....

Or he could just batkick him. smile

psycho gundam
batman's only option is trading in his batsuit for a squirrel one

batdude123
Originally posted by psycho gundam

laughing out loud

Inhuman
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Im afraid so smile

roughrider
Bruce manages to escape being pulped by Darkseid (thanks to the 'brilliance' of Jeph Loeb) and people actually think he can do something against Thanos?
Unless he's calling in someone else to fight his battle, he's bat-soup.

Southern_Rebel
Who knows....this is Batman we're talking about here. In two years...he could develop some kind of trap or device that can hold Thanos. Batman has developed ways to take down every JLA member in a crisis situation.

In two years...Batman would have a thorough knowledge of Thanos' abilities...his past...Batman would be a Thanos expert. Batman may fail...but, I wouldn't count him up...He could think of something.

Inhuman
http://i25.tinypic.com/s5uw0l.jpg

Southern_Rebel
Damn....where did you get that pic...lol

Inhuman
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Damn....where did you get that pic...lol

Dark Knight Silver Surfer Crossover # 4

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by Inhuman
Dark Knight Silver Surfer Crossover # 4

NO..seriously...did you edit the note that Batman is reading yourself...or did you find it on the net... laughing

Superman would never provide a way for Bruce to kill himself..in any comic...lol. I'm sure you or someone edited a scan.

It's funny as hell though

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos uses the two weeks to get the hell out of Dodge.

Sirius77
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/sirlegendhead/batkick.gif

It'll go a little something like this...

laughing

psycho gundam
http://i25.tinypic.com/s5uw0l.jpg OMFG!! eek!

Sirius77

lmao... how did you do that?

Inhuman
lmao... how did you do that?

It's Canon jr_hmm01

Lord S
NO..seriously...did you edit the note that Batman is reading yourself...or did you find it on the net... laughing

Superman would never provide a way for Bruce to kill himself..in any comic...lol. I'm sure you or someone edited a scan.

It's funny as hell though LOL. Way to go, superdetective!

You'd think the "your" would be a dead giveaway...

Cap'n Happy
I'm curious... what "prep' does Batman do for this fight, do you think? Learn how to manipulate cosmic energy on a galaxy shaking scale (because that's fairly easily to do, right?)- or maybe he builds a suit like he does in DK Returns, only stronger, and instead of plugging into a lamp post, he could plug it into a nearby supernova? I know! He could work out a lot, you know, do some push ups and practice the Bat-kick? That would work against Thanos.
Are you people crazy? This silly magical word "prep" should be banned from this site, unless you can say EXACTLY what you mean by it. The only 'prep' Bats could do would be to call all the JLA and JSA- and then it's hardly Batman vs Thanos, is it? Batman could never EVER do one single tihing to harm/faze Thanos. Ever.
After defeating Thanos, I wonder how Batman will justify not being able to deal with the likes of Joker with ease. I mean, he is God now, right?

PS- That scan of Batman with the note and gun is so great that I want to frame it and hang it in my livingroom... too frigin funny! Are threads like this for real? Or are they put ons? It seems like a lot of folks on this site genuinely think matchups like this are legit.

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
I'm curious... what "prep' does Batman do for this fight, do you think? Learn how to manipulate cosmic energy on a galaxy shaking scale (because that's fairly easily to do, right?)- or maybe he builds a suit like he does in DK Returns, only stronger, and instead of plugging into a lamp post, he could plug it into a nearby supernova? I know! He could work out a lot, you know, do some push ups and practice the Bat-kick? That would work against Thanos.
Are you people crazy? This silly magical word "prep" should be banned from this site, unless you can say EXACTLY what you mean by it. The only 'prep' Bats could do would be to call all the JLA and JSA- and then it's hardly Batman vs Thanos, is it? Batman could never EVER do one single tihing to harm/faze Thanos. Ever.
After defeating Thanos, I wonder how Batman will justify not being able to deal with the likes of Joker with ease. I mean, he is God now, right?

Well, "prep" can do a lot of things in comics. Think about how prep has helped the likes of Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Doom and Richards are far below Thanos in terms of power. However, with prep, they can hang with him or beat him. Hell, Doom stole the Beyonder's and Galactus' powers before. Reed built a damn cannon that could repel abstract beings.

Batman is awesome with prep too. It's not beyond Bruce's abilities to develop something that would catch Thanos off guard...and possibly defeat him.

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud

Or arming his foot.

Maybe Zatanna can cast +1 on his leg.

shiv
Prep for Batman can mean SOLVING The A.L.E.

Mindset
Well, "prep" can do a lot of things in comics. Think about how prep has helped the likes of Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Doom and Richards are far below Thanos in terms of power. However, with prep, they can hang with him or beat him. Hell, Doom stole the Beyonder's and Galactus' powers before. Reed built a damn cannon that could repel abstract beings.

Batman is awesome with prep too. It's not beyond Bruce's abilities to develop something that would catch Thanos off guard...and possibly defeat him.

Thanos w/ 2 weeks of prep would still beat Doom and Reed with 2 years.

Avlon
Motherbox, Supernova tech, and spells from Zatanna.

All accessable and usable by Bats.

Alfheim
Thanos has two weeks of prep to figure out a way to take care of Batman. However, Batman, anticipating that Thanos would one day come for him, has been prepping for two years.

I gave Batman longer prep time..because Thanos...of course...is vastly more powerful than Bats in almost all areas.

Can Batman stop Thanos with two years worth of prep...or will the TWO WEEKS prep for Thanos be enough to take down Batman?

Cant say for sure but I would like to think he can. Apparently he has outsmarted DS before.

iceman24567
Batman has a chance you guys are overrating Thanos.

iceman24567
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/sirlegendhead/batkick.gif

It'll go a little something like this...

laughing That's what i would like to see. laughing

godking
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy

PS- That scan of Batman with the note and gun is so great that I want to frame it and hang it in my livingroom... too frigin funny! Are threads like this for real? Or are they put ons? It seems like a lot of folks on this site genuinely think matchups like this are legit. agreed

''prep'' tends to get overused.

batdude123
Originally posted by roughrider
Bruce manages to escape being pulped by Darkseid (thanks to the 'brilliance' of Jeph Loeb) and people actually think he can do something against Thanos?
Unless he's calling in someone else to fight his battle, he's bat-soup.

Which is funny, because he didn't even have any prep in that scenario, let alone 2 years. 313

Erik-Lensherr
Lulz.

And people say that Batman is 'overrated' with prep.

shiv
Batman merges with Batmite for prep.

kicks Thanos out of Existence happy

horrorwolf
lol....Batman get pwned hard here. laughing

Bad Ash231
Batman pwns that big purple turtle.

uhuh

CaptainStoic
This is a joke, how did it make it to 3 pages? Thanos kills Bruce's Parents before they meet each other end of story.

Decimus
Batman doesn't even need prep why do you think he joined the justice league? - so he could use its members like chess pieces. Thanos comes to kill him and is in turn murdered by every superhero in the Justice League, Justice Society and Teen Titans. He could even use the superheros to construct a amping suit to get him to abstract levels he has all the heroes and their knowledge and their powers at his disposal. What about the Aegis amour or something more powerful built by diana's gods tempered by heat vision with a gl battery inside to recharge his 10 rings that the guardians give him for this fight. If thanos had the ig this would be different ...

D-Block

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by D-Block
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

King Kandy
Originally posted by Decimus
Batman doesn't even need prep why do you think he joined the justice league? - so he could use its members like chess pieces. Thanos comes to kill him and is in turn murdered by every superhero in the Justice League, Justice Society and Teen Titans. He could even use the superheros to construct a amping suit to get him to abstract levels he has all the heroes and their knowledge and their powers at his disposal. What about the Aegis amour or something more powerful built by diana's gods tempered by heat vision with a gl battery inside to recharge his 10 rings that the guardians give him for this fight. If thanos had the ig this would be different ...
Wait hold on, you are saying that no one below the IG could beat a prepped batman? laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick

Juntai
Wait hold on, you are saying that no one below the IG could beat a prepped batman? laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick Sounds right to me.. whistle

quanchi112
Batman doesn't even need prep why do you think he joined the justice league? - so he could use its members like chess pieces. Thanos comes to kill him and is in turn murdered by every superhero in the Justice League, Justice Society and Teen Titans. He could even use the superheros to construct a amping suit to get him to abstract levels he has all the heroes and their knowledge and their powers at his disposal. What about the Aegis amour or something more powerful built by diana's gods tempered by heat vision with a gl battery inside to recharge his 10 rings that the guardians give him for this fight. If thanos had the ig this would be different ... Batman struggles with Kal-el and thats with onesided prep. This post is full of fail.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
Batman struggles with Kal-el and thats with onesided prep. This post is full of fail.

Bats had like 5 min. of prep in Hush and he was still whooping that candy ass.

Read "Tower of Babel." Batman developed his own synthetic kryptonite (it was red) that took out Superman quite easily.

quanchi112

Read "Tower of Babel." Batman developed his own synthetic kryptonite (it was red) that took out Superman quite easily. Supes is a character with a few weaknesses. He should be someone Batman can take out with ease. Thanos doesnt have the weaknesses that put Superman at a disadvantage.

Bouboumaster
Thanos 10/10

King Kandy

Read "Tower of Babel." Batman developed his own synthetic kryptonite (it was red) that took out Superman quite easily.
And? Thanos doesn't have such a obvious weakness.

quanchi112
And? Thanos doesn't have such a obvious weakness. Hey did you read my post. stick out tongue

Decimus
Wait hold on, you are saying that no one below the IG could beat a prepped batman? laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick laughing sick

It was just a comparison for Thanos using an item of godlike power to win. Considering the amount of prep time given to Batman it seems crazy to believe batman could lose the majority in my opinion. I even gave the scenario of what batman could do without prep. Also as much as Thanos is admired (I like both characters) he doesn't make Batman look like an insect in terms of intellect or prep. In two weeks Thanos out-preps one of the most intelligent heroes in the DC universe who has two years of prep...

rotiart
2 years of prep... okay... here's the scenario...

Using the same base technology that caused the Kingdom Come Crisis. Batman spends 2 years studying all of Thanos's exploits.

Now in the meantime, he restarts Brother Eye with his fantastic wealth. Instituting with it a power source to power his Omac Prime.

Batman has before turned humans into superpowered beings with the powers necessary to fend against and defeat many of earths super heroes. With 2 years, Batman splices his own body with a combination of kryptonian dna and omac engineering to reconstruct a body for himself similar to what was created for Doomsday. Within 2 years batman emerges from a cocoon, ala HIM (Adam Warlock) as a genetically superior being. Having done all this he....

Batman genetically clones himself a daxamite body, creates boots/gloves/armor that are going to be worn by the body that radiates yellow sunlight. He has his mind uploaded into the body.... goes out... "borrows" ten green lantern rings... and...

If luthor can clone superman to create superboy... err connor...

batman can clone a superman body and transplant himself into it.

btw. Thanos wins anyways. don't ask. he just does. Please refer to the letter written by previous poster.

psycho gundam
the fact that this thread hasn't been closed for spite is seems to prove that most of you are clueless. if batman can get 10 out of ten wins against silver surfer, than we can move up to thanos.

Decimus
Batman struggles with Kal-el and thats with onesided prep. This post is full of fail.

Do you hate the posts from anyone besides yourself Quan? - whatever anyway- Batman struggles with Superman due to him being the main representative of DC and less to supes being superior to him in every way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
2 years of prep... okay... here's the scenario...

Using the same base technology that caused the Kingdom Come Crisis. Batman spends 2 years studying all of Thanos's exploits.

Now in the meantime, he restarts Brother Eye with his fantastic wealth. Instituting with it a power source to power his Omac Prime.

Batman has before turned humans into superpowered beings with the powers necessary to fend against and defeat many of earths super heroes. With 2 years, Batman splices his own body with a combination of kryptonian dna and omac engineering to reconstruct a body for himself similar to what was created for Doomsday. Within 2 years batman emerges from a cocoon, ala HIM (Adam Warlock) as a genetically superior being. Having done all this he....

Batman genetically clones himself a daxamite body, creates boots/gloves/armor that are going to be worn by the body that radiates yellow sunlight. He has his mind uploaded into the body.... goes out... "borrows" ten green lantern rings... and...

If luthor can clone superman to create superboy... err connor...

batman can clone a superman body and transplant himself into it.

btw. Thanos wins anyways. don't ask. he just does. Please refer to the letter written by previous poster. laughing out loud laughing

quanchi112
Do you hate the posts from anyone besides yourself Quan? - whatever anyway- Batman struggles with Superman due to him being the main representative of DC and less to supes being superior to him in every way. Thanos doesnt have Superman's weaknesses and is more powerful in general and much smarter. Thanos wins this all lifetime.

Southern_Rebel
In two years...Batman discovers a long forgotten Infinity Gem in the Marvel Universe...the uber PREP GEM. It exponentially increases his powers of beastly prep to epic proportions. This is how he takes down Thanos.

rotiart
The Prep Gem, aka, Thanos. is his opponent...

You can't use your opponent as a weapon.

basilisk

Down in the Batcave, Batman modifies his right Batsuit gauntlet into a fully functioning replica Drax fist...

janus77
Batman gives Thanos one hell of a fight but ultimately he looses.
Thanos' mind is cosmic, genius beyond human conception, Reed/Doom/Batman ... mortal and severely limited in comparison.

Thanos loops time around Batman so that he is is forever "prepping" for Thanos without the days actually moving on.

Thanos then seals away the little bubble of time within which he's trapped Batman, in the realm of The Beyonder.

quanchi112
In two years...Batman discovers a long forgotten Infinity Gem in the Marvel Universe...the uber PREP GEM. It exponentially increases his powers of beastly prep to epic proportions. This is how he takes down Thanos. He would need something like this to have a chance.

batdude123

What the ****? It was a response to this post from quanchi...

I didn't say it had shit to do with Thanos. smile

I've already given my opinion a few pages ago.

roughrider

What the equivalent of kryptonite for Thanos?
I know - Batman blackmails Spectre into holding Lady Death hostage, unless Thanos kills himself. evil face

(On second thought, that backfires - an enraged Thanos kills Bruce faster.)

quanchi112
What the ****? It was a response to this post from quanchi...

I didn't say it had shit to do with Thanos. smile

I've already given my opinion a few pages ago. Hasnt Superman though put him down in other stories where Batman had prep?

Sirius77
Not in tower of babel... everyone got owned.

King Kandy
Batman had been prepping for longer then two years in Tower of Babel... He'd started those plans the instant the JLA was founded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.