Best Concert Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cap'n Happy
What do you think is the best concert film of all time?
Please note:

No movie musicals.

Just looking for your favorite concert film (rock, metal, hip-hop... ANY type of music). No MTV type specials here, but actual fillmed concerts.

A coulple of favorites of mine would be:

The Last Waltz (The Band)
Let There Be Rock (AC/DC)

What are your choices?

Cap'n Happy
No one has a favorite? Maybe it's a generational thing. When I was a kid, concert films were cool, but maybe not so much these days?
Anyone? I'm feeling ignored here.

ragesRemorse
song remains the same--zeppelin

under the blackpool lights--white stripes

SelphieT
Under the Blackpool Lights by the White Stripes thumb up

This Is Spinal Tap as well, heh.

kodak
This Is Spinal Tap - fugcking great.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
song remains the same--zeppelin

under the blackpool lights--white stripes

Yeah... both good choices (esp. Blackpool Lights).
Anyone seen the Wilco flick "This Band is Trying to Break Yorr Heart"... I'm hit and miss on them as a band, but really liked the movie.

PS I may be the biggest Spinal Tap nerd of all time... but it's not actually a concert film is it? (It's a "documentary, a ROCKumentary if you will..."wink

Impediment
This is Spinal Tap is timeless.

I also like Southside Doublewide Acoustic Live from Sevendust.

JediSamuraiMRB
Purple Rain

endrict
Purple Rain
Groove
The Commitments
Spinal Tap

They may be not be all concerts but they have people playing in front of crowds of different numbers.

papabeard
The Last Waltz
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus
Festival Express
Woodstock

Alpha Centauri
Purple Rain, performance parts aside, is a shit film. I say this as a Prince fan.

For me; Rush in Rio by Rush is up there, Hullabaloo by Muse, Under Blackpool Lights by The White Stripes.

Hmm, to just pick ONE though; Under Blackpool Lights by The White Stripes.

-AC

papabeard
Rage Against The Machine - Battle of Mexico City

Rage Against the Machine: Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium

Callan
I rather like Queen's performance at Wembley Stadium.

ragesRemorse
I forgot about, pink floyd. I forget the name of the film, but its the one where they are slowly building a wall through out the concert. By the end of the concert, they performing behind a wall, completely shrouded from the audience. Then they tear it down..., not sure if it was a bootleg that i saw because i cant find this dvd anywhere

Endrict Nuul
Detroit Rock City....kinda.

sithsaber408
"United We Stand" - Hillsong United

YbGgA2lIDjc

Cory Chaos
I'm going to say that "KISS - Animalize LIVE!" is on up there, it's only on VHS , but it is A LOT of ****ing fun, lol.

..and of course, U2's Popmart..ZooTV deal..

regina414
Madonna's Confessions on the Dance Floor.

roughrider
People need to remember, Spinal Tap was a mockumentary; they pretended to be a real band.

For me, it's The Last Waltz by Martin Scorsese & The Band.

U2 has a new one out in IMAX 3D I'd like to see. Since the mid-80's, they're probably the best group period.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.