GODZILLA (final wars) vs. THE CLOVERFIELD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
who wins??
oh and please say WHY!

Godzilla:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Godzilla

Cloverfield:

Although "just a baby," the massive creature has a high resistance to projectile weaponry. Shells from M-1 Abrams, AT4 rockets, missiles from F/A-18s, MLRS and Mk 82 bombs from a B-2 Bomber failed to do any long term damage to it. It apparently can withstand the United States military's "Mother of All Bombs".

The creature carries smaller parasites which it sheds as part of a 'post-birth ritual.' Abrams described the parasites as "horrifying, dog-sized creatures that just scatter around the city and add to the nightmare of the evening." Reeves added, "The parasites have a voracious, rabid, bounding nature, but they also have a crab-like crawl. They have the viciousness of a dog, but with the ability to climb walls and stick to objects."

Artist Neville Page, in response to claims that the design of creature was similar to that of the creature of the 2006 South Korean film The Host, said, "They are in that they ravage and seem to originate from the water, but the end results are quite different. However, when I finally saw some of the concept art, there were some very obvious similarities. But then again, I think that we were both channeling similar biological possibilities."

King Kandy
Really Cloverfield just seems to be outclassed in every category.

iceman24567
Final War Godzilla was like a super saiyan ...Kamehameha wave and its over.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by King Kandy
Really Cloverfield just seems to be outclassed in every category. cept the ugliness category

grey fox
Godzilla kills the Sin rip-off.

Peek
Originally posted by grey fox
Godzilla kills the Sin rip-off. rip-off??

grey fox
Originally posted by Peek
rip-off??

'Cloverfield' is a near direct rip-off of Sin from FFX, minus the magic and floating water schtick and with a slight cosmetic facelift. Hell me and my friends refer to Cloverfield (movie) as 'FFX without the whiny bitches'

Peek
Cloverfield was awesome. uhuh

grey fox
Originally posted by Peek
Cloverfield was awesome. uhuh

I'm not dissing the film (I'm actually very hyped to see it) but the monster seems to pretty much be a direct lift of Sin, not that that's a bad-thing. But Lost boy seems to be getting WAAAAAAAAY too much credit, the mans a shithead.

Peek
Show me the original then and I'll see if its a rip.

Barbarian Shams
The cloverfield kaiju, just wouldn't last long against any incarnation of Godzilla, let alone the uber incarnations, like the Heisei version 2 incarnation, GXM incarnation, the uberpowered GMK Godzilla, and especially this incarnation in the fight. Godzilla wins 10/10.

psycho gundam
GOJIRAAAAAA!!!!

Darth Martin
I would give the size advantage to Godzilla. Though I'v only seen the 1998 film.

Barbarian Shams
Zilla doesn't count, but I'd say Cloverkaiju is somewhere close to or slightly smaller than the 1998 creature.

endrict
I was going to make this but vs Godzilla from the movies.

But GZ has teh firepower to win.

Peek
i see him

i wouldnt say hes a rip off but hes similar

Kutulu
Godzilla 10/10. Godzilla could probably kill the creature in one or two blasts.

Blax_Hydralisk
The only chance that I see Cloverfield having is if Godzilla somehow suffers alergic reaction to the parasite bites like Humans do, and explodes.

He probably won't die, but he'll be down long enough to give Cloverfield the win.

guy222
Godzilla

Blax_Hydralisk
Why thank you mmm

iceman24567
Originally posted by iceman24567
Final War Godzilla was like a super saiyan ...Kamehameha wave and its over.

Blax_Hydralisk
That's what she said no expression

Fanboy
Cloverfield because I liked that movie.

lando005
godzilla in any form would stomp this rookie into the ground

Inhuman
Godzilla bad guys would crush Cloverfield as well.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I would give the size advantage to Godzilla. Though I'v only seen the 1998 film.

I'm sooooo sorry sad So very sorry.

h1a8
The outcome of this fight is unknown.
This is because since the Cloverfield creature wasn't damaged from all the U.S. attacks (excluding a nuclear attack) then it is impossible to determine its durability. So since we are unable to guage its durability then for all practical purposes it is wholly indestructible and the outcome of this fight is at least a stalemate in the Cloverfield's creature favor.

Blax_Hydralisk
That's actually a rather good point. This whole time we've just been speculating, as we have yet to see any weapon that can actually hurt it, how do we know Godzilla's atomic breath won't just.. bounce off?

I find that t be unlikely.. but you get my point.

grey fox
Godzillas breath is far more powerful then any Nuclear weapon.

Blax_Hydralisk
Okay. So what if it turns out that Cloverfield can withstand a million nuclear bombs (Again, I'm just making a point.)?

The fact of the matter, is that how powerful Godzilla's attacks are is irrelevent because we don't know how much damage Cloverfield can take. All we know is that nothing the US Military fired at it caused it to even flinch, and it apparently shurgged off what the Military calls "The Mother of All Bombs".

celestialdemon
Godzilla wins.

Laminator_X
While the Cloverfield creature is something of an unknown quantity, I'm incluned to favor the King on this one. Godzilla generally sits near the top of the Kaiju food-chain.

If nothing else, G-Monster beats up other Kaiju for a living, while the immature C-Monster more or less thrashed about like a spooked elephant (one of the creator's reference points for it, actually.

Air Legend
Godzilla in a stomp. Cloverfield is one of the worst movies, if not worst, ever.

grey fox
Originally posted by Air Legend
Godzilla in a stomp. Cloverfield is one of the worst movies, if not worst, ever.

I have yet to see it, but why ?

Comicbook_kid

Well, you're the first and ONLY person I've heard say that.

I've seen the film and was VERY impressed with it! Everyone I've talked to that has seen the film was also blown away by it. Every review I've read about it was positive. It did extremely well at the box office for two weeks straight.

What's not to like? confused

Air Legend
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Well, you're the first and ONLY person I've heard say that.

I've seen the film and was VERY impressed with it! Everyone I've talked to that has seen the film was also blown away by it. Every review I've read about it was positive. It did extremely well at the box office for two weeks straight.

What's not to like? confused
What the hell are you talking about? Are you alienated from the mainstream society or something? I saw the movie the first day it came out. Everybody booed the film when it ended. Not only did we pay money to see a movie on handheld camera, but the person holding that camera couldn't stop vigorously shaking it, even during the party seen which was a complete waste of 30 minutes and very ****ing boring to watch. Hell even the best parts were boring. I was yawning through the monster scenes which made up a total of like 15 minutes of the movie. I even took a shit during the movie and I never take shits during a movie. **** and one of the best parts of the movie was pretty lame (the night vision camera mode with those creatures attacking them). I mean shit if they didn't use a handheld camera and used professional theater cameras for that scene, that scene might have been cool, but they didn't and you couldn't even see half the battle cuz that dumbass dropped the camera.

All in all, it gave me a headache, shitty ass acting, and only 15 minutes of disappointing action. No wonder everyone booed it at the end and the next week Cloverfield had a massive drop in box office yield.

Decimus
I have been a huge Godzilla fan since I was five. Minya could probably kill the cloverfield monster with his radioactive puff clouds. Even if Godzilla was 55 feet tall without his radioactive breath it would still kill the cloverfield monster. Godzilla has almost instantaneous regeneration, cannot be killed by conventional, alien or future weapons. Godzilla always has been an indestructible force of nature... surviving an absolute zero shot, would have survived a black hole, and was transformed from a nuclear submarine exploding pointblank.... M.O.A.B. try the ****en oxygen destroyer ^ infinity which was the Destoroyah.

By the way Cloverfield was good but not as good as the hype.

TheGame17
What the hell are you talking about? Are you alienated from the mainstream society or something? I saw the movie the first day it came out. Everybody booed the film when it ended. Not only did we pay money to see a movie on handheld camera, but the person holding that camera couldn't stop vigorously shaking it, even during the party seen which was a complete waste of 30 minutes and very ****ing boring to watch. Hell even the best parts were boring. I was yawning through the monster scenes which made up a total of like 15 minutes of the movie. I even took a shit during the movie and I never take shits during a movie. **** and one of the best parts of the movie was pretty lame (the night vision camera mode with those creatures attacking them). I mean shit if they didn't use a handheld camera and used professional theater cameras for that scene, that scene might have been cool, but they didn't and you couldn't even see half the battle cuz that dumbass dropped the camera.

All in all, it gave me a headache, shitty ass acting, and only 15 minutes of disappointing action. No wonder everyone booed it at the end and the next week Cloverfield had a massive drop in box office yield.

i agree

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by TheGame17
i agree

I don't no

Not at all.

Kutulu

Internet gold right there. crylaugh0

grey fox

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/phail-1.gif

You REALLY didn't get the point of the movie did you ? no

Blax_Hydralisk
He didn't erm

Air Legend
You REALLY didn't get the point of the movie did you ? no
Oh there was a point to the movie? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Well apparently nobody got the point of the movie as it was booed by the audience at the end, and I saw it on the first day btw.
Not only that, the second week box office yield suffered a tremendous drop, as word got out about how this over-hyped movie turned out to be really shitty.

grey fox
Oh there was a point to the movie? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Well apparently nobody got the point of the movie as it was booed by the audience at the end, and I saw it on the first day btw.
Not only that, the second week box office yield suffered a tremendous drop, as word got out about how this over-hyped movie turned out to be really shitty.

Are you done ?

Good.

Now let us start from the beginning. One theatre block boos and a movie suddenly becomes shitty ? I think the title of 'the most successful January release gross of all time' disproves that, but hey whatever floats your boat, right ? wink

Second. Every film naturally drops from the first week to the next, and considering its successor was 'Meet the Spartans' I can understand why. People seem to love watching trash.

Finally you declare a movie 'overhyped', well then that's your own damn fault. If you can't make up your mind yourself and rely on 'hype' then your obviously in no position to criticise; considering you lack the apparent mental faucilites to make a decision.

All in all, your simply telling us how you --and a large group of people-- were childishly booing at a cinema screen because you couldn't even consider WHAT you were watching and were more intent on seeing it because of 'the hype'.

Air Legend
Now let us start from the beginning. One theatre block boos and a movie suddenly becomes shitty ? I think the title of 'the most successful January release gross of all time' disproves that, but hey whatever floats your boat, right ? wink
Not only one theater block, many in fact. Just read the yahoo user reviews (one of many sites).
Second. Every film naturally drops from the first week to the next, and considering its successor was 'Meet the Spartans' I can understand why. People seem to love watching trash.

I guess you don't know what the word "tremendous" means. It's natural for a movie to drop its second week. It's NOT natural to drop over 72% in box office yield the following week. This proves that the movie is an outright atrocity that depended largely on its hype.
Finally you declare a movie 'overhyped', well then that's your own damn fault. If you can't make up your mind yourself and rely on 'hype' then your obviously in no position to criticise; considering you lack the apparent mental faucilites to make a decision.
I went because my friends wanted to check it out and the previews looked okay. Do you think I watched the movie by myself? What the f**k? Maybe that's what you do, but not me. Also, do you like inventing words. "Faucilties"...seriously you attempted to sound smart, but, ironically, you ended up looking even less intelligent.
All in all, your simply telling us how you --and a large group of people-- were childishly booing at a cinema screen because you couldn't even consider WHAT you were watching and were more intent on seeing it because of 'the hype'.
Nice rebuttal. You attempt to demean me by saying I acted childish, rather than explaining what the movie was about...prolly cuz you don't know what it was about either (cuz that's how terrible the movie was). smile

grey fox
Not only one theater block, many in fact. Just read the yahoo user reviews (one of many sites).

I guess you don't know what the word "tremendous" means. It's natural for a movie to drop its second week. It's NOT natural to drop over 72% in box office yield the following week. This proves that the movie is an outright atrocity that depended largely on its hype.

I went because my friends wanted to check it out and the previews looked okay. Do you think I watched the movie by myself? What the f**k? Maybe that's what you do, but not me. Also, do you like inventing words. "Faucilties"...seriously you attempted to sound smart, but, ironically, you ended up looking even less intelligent.

Nice rebuttal. You attempt to demean me by saying I acted childish, rather than explaining what the movie was about...prolly cuz you don't know what it was about either (cuz that's how terrible the movie was). smile

Yahoo are but a single reviewing site, rotten tomatoes for example gave it a 72 freshness rating.

Feh, say what you will. Also I'd like some sources. Otherwise your just pulling numbers out of your ass.

I misspelled facilities wow ! Seriously however, you've just admitted that you went to see the movie because your friends wanted to. Next time go to a film that suits your tastes and don't string along 'just because the previews looked good' , or are you going to blame that on 'hype' as well.

And once again you prove yourself childish, with a simplistic taunt and insult. The point that I and Blax were stating that you 'missed' was that if the film was recorded on a professional camera (as you whinged about) then it detracts from the realism and the survivors POV. Makes it less of a 'people surviving' movie and more of a 'GINO'.

No doubt though you'll disagree and claim that 'the movie was shit 'cause everyone booed it'. Am I right wink

Amp
Man this guy fails so bad.

Go Fox. thumb up

King_Mungi
I didn't like Cloverfield, and I like monster movies. The Host is properly my favorite design for a monster, but the Colverfield monster...well... really didnt do anything for me.

There was actually quite a few boos when I saw it in the theatre during it's first week, and lots of disapointed comments. *shrugs*

Kutulu
I actually enjoyed this movie a great deal. I came in with low expectations though due to people in forums posting their thoughts, and came out pleasantly surprised.

A few people did boo though at the end at the theater I went to. /shrug I enjoyed it, but it's not for everybody. I also enjoyed Hero (the redone movie with Jet Li) and a few people booed at that one as well.

I'm a huge Kaiju fan though and have seen just about every Godzilla, so it was cool seeing it on the big screen from the single person's perspective instead of the perspective that most Kaiju / Godzilla style movies are shot in. A new take on an old theme.

TheGame17
back to the topic:

Has anyone pointed out that apparently the cloverfield is much taller than Godzilla?

i heard some people say that....

King Kandy
What makes you think that?

TheGame17

it just seemed like the creature was taller than the buildings.

Blax_Hydralisk

Godzilla is around 300+ feet, right?

JJ himself stated that Cloverfield is 500+ feet tall.

Lemme find the actual interview.

Air Legend
Yahoo are but a single reviewing site, rotten tomatoes for example gave it a 72 freshness rating.

Feh, say what you will. Also I'd like some sources. Otherwise your just pulling numbers out of your ass.

I misspelled facilities wow ! Seriously however, you've just admitted that you went to see the movie because your friends wanted to. Next time go to a film that suits your tastes and don't string along 'just because the previews looked good' , or are you going to blame that on 'hype' as well.

And once again you prove yourself childish, with a simplistic taunt and insult. The point that I and Blax were stating that you 'missed' was that if the film was recorded on a professional camera (as you whinged about) then it detracts from the realism and the survivors POV. Makes it less of a 'people surviving' movie and more of a 'GINO'.

No doubt though you'll disagree and claim that 'the movie was shit 'cause everyone booed it'. Am I right wink
Yes I know there are other sites (I even said "one of many sites" something you failed to comprehend), and if you bothered reading through the rotten tomatoes reviews, you'd find they are similar to yahoo users.

Pulling number out of my ass? And you say I'm childish. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Jan 18-20 weekend Debut of Cloverfield- $46,146,546
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/2008/01/20/
Jan 25-27 following week: $12,712,134
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/2008/01/27/

Yahoo gets their numbers from box office.com so the yield is official, in case you try to pull off some bullshit like "that is made up".

Previews are pretty much what makes a person go see a movie. I'm not going to rely entirely on critic reviews (professional or layman), plus I went the first day so they wouldn't have been of much help. Me and my friends went cuz it looked interesting. Looks can be deceiving obviously.

Man, you seriously need to go back to school. You insulted me by directly calling me childish. I used sarcasm when I said nice rebuttal and called you out on how you tried to demean me instead of explaining what the movie was about. Detract from realism? laughing Please I don't have the time to explain how bad it failed at that attempt.

Anyways, the numbers speak for themselves. A lot of people got pulled in due to the hype, but the people of America learned quickly and thus the monster drop of yield for the second week happened.

Blax_Hydralisk
The people of America missed the point of the movie as well smile

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

yes Apparently so.

Some people have no appreciation for well made, well thought out, well scripted, well acted, and well done cinema anymore.

The same people that didn't like or appreciate "Cloverfield" are probably the same people that went next week and watched "Meet the Spartans" and thought it was a masterpiece. Or thought "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie was the greatest piece of cinematic brilliance ever to be put on the silver screen.

WhiteWitchKing

thumbup

By the way, who's the chick in your sig, Blax_Hydralisk?

Blax_Hydralisk
Or maybe they went in thinking "LOLz! Oh goody a Godzilla movie!".. then were disappointed when they realized that the movie wasn't actually all about the monster. it was about the people involved.

And I thought the acting was superb, especially.. Lizzy Caplan love

grey fox
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
yes Apparently so.

Some people have no appreciation for well made, well thought out, well scripted, well acted, and well done cinema anymore.

The same people that didn't like or appreciate "Cloverfield" are probably the same people that went next week and watched "Meet the Spartans" and thought it was a masterpiece. Or thought "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie was the greatest piece of cinematic brilliance ever to be put on the silver screen.

Pretty much.

grey fox
Yes I know there are other sites (I even said "one of many sites" something you failed to comprehend), and if you bothered reading through the rotten tomatoes reviews, you'd find they are similar to yahoo users.

Pulling number out of my ass? And you say I'm childish. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Jan 18-20 weekend Debut of Cloverfield- $46,146,546
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/2008/01/20/
Jan 25-27 following week: $12,712,134
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/2008/01/27/

Yahoo gets their numbers from box office.com so the yield is official, in case you try to pull off some bullshit like "that is made up".

Previews are pretty much what makes a person go see a movie. I'm not going to rely entirely on critic reviews (professional or layman), plus I went the first day so they wouldn't have been of much help. Me and my friends went cuz it looked interesting. Looks can be deceiving obviously.

Man, you seriously need to go back to school. You insulted me by directly calling me childish. I used sarcasm when I said nice rebuttal and called you out on how you tried to demean me instead of explaining what the movie was about. Detract from realism? laughing Please I don't have the time to explain how bad it failed at that attempt.

Anyways, the numbers speak for themselves. A lot of people got pulled in due to the hype, but the people of America learned quickly and thus the monster drop of yield for the second week happened.

I'm done with you. Your not going to change your opinion no matter what, so why bother ?

SpiderGauntlet
No one booed at my cinema.

But then again no one booed when they saw Catwoman.

Critics hate Meet the Spartans but "regular people" think it's teh shit.

So how the hell can you debate a movies "suck".

rotiart
Wow. Guess this is a love hate movie.

I've seen 3 movies this year.
Meet the Spartans.
Cloverfield
Rambo

I hated The spartans. I gave rambo a strong B+, but I disliked Cloverfield so god damn much, every time I hear someone even mention going to the movies, I stop everything I am doing to tell them to save their money and wait a few years til its on broadcast television, that way you won't mind the commercials so much. THAT is how much I disliked it.

I do not care what the numbers say. Don't really care for either arguments. This movie was the "Gigli" and "Glitter" of monster flicks for me.

We were doing things like... hey why is she running in high heels. Hey wtf are you doing filming if the monsters are coming. Hey hey hey...

yah... at least in our theater there was one yay, and a lot, and i mean a LOT of jeers. but thats just our city. We were overly excited going in and were let down a lot. especially the part where the monster couldn't be bothered to notice anyone or anything humansized the whole movie... but stops to stare into the camera for about 5 seconds before doing anything else. It rampages without care the whole movie, but stops to stare at the main characters... righhhhhttt...

The love story was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying, between the 4 main characters... leaving out the side characters love story could have made the movie more interesting to me... it felt too forced.

Anyways, its just a movie, and it did fare well considering it costsomewhere around 25-30 million, depending on who's web site you believe... 40 millions its first week.

as far as favorite movies... things like...
braveheart... 3:10 to yuma, cinderella man, the classic, Friend, this was.... ugh.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, tis' your opinion and I agree that the movie was a definite love/hate thing (I loved it. ), but there are a few things I feel should be cleared up, in your post.

One- Running in High-hills. I can factually say that that is certaintly possible. I have seen girls run full speed with heals on. It's not as easy as it would be without shoes on or with sneakers, but it's certaintly possible, especially if you're running from a 500-foot monster and it's little spawnlings from hell.

Two- The camera. People video tape the craziest sh*t ever. There's nothing unrealistic about that. What about those non-military trained cameramen who film reporters in combat zones? There's bullets whizzing by and a fire fight a few yards away and you're filming it? Same goes for tornado chasers etc. It's not at all unrealistic for someone to film approaching danger.

3- The Monster. JJ himself stated that the Monster was a baby and that the reason it was rampaging through New York in the first place was because it was confused and scared. He compared it to a frightened Elephant, actually. My guess as to why it focused on the main characters was because it was finally seemingly alone in the middle of the park, and so it calmed down enough to be curious about this pack of small animals that were, for once, not screaming, running away, or trying to shoot sh*t at it. They were just standing there. I would be curious.

I agree with the love story, though. I didn't like the Beth Rob connection. I did, however, like Marlena and Huds, and I was sad when they both died sad

Comicbook_kid
Well, tis' your opinion and I agree that the movie was a definite love/hate thing (I loved it. ), but there are a few things I feel should be cleared up, in your post.

One- Running in High-hills. I can factually say that that is certaintly possible. I have seen girls run full speed with heals on. It's not as easy as it would be without shoes on or with sneakers, but it's certaintly possible, especially if you're running from a 500-foot monster and it's little spawnlings from hell.

Two- The camera. People video tape the craziest sh*t ever. There's nothing unrealistic about that. What about those non-military trained cameramen who film reporters in combat zones? There's bullets whizzing by and a fire fight a few yards away and you're filming it? Same goes for tornado chasers etc. It's not at all unrealistic for someone to film approaching danger.

3- The Monster. JJ himself stated that the Monster was a baby and that the reason it was rampaging through New York in the first place was because it was confused and scared. He compared it to a frightened Elephant, actually. My guess as to why it focused on the main characters was because it was finally seemingly alone in the middle of the park, and so it calmed down enough to be curious about this pack of small animals that were, for once, not screaming, running away, or trying to shoot sh*t at it. They were just standing there. I would be curious.

I agree with the love story, though. I didn't like the Beth Rob connection. I did, however, like Marlena and Huds, and I was sad when they both died sad

Agreed. ^ ^

thumb up

Kutulu

Very well put, I agree with everything you wrote. thumbsup

Estacado
Edit.

golem370
Yeah remember this was a 300foot baby that our Military couldn't stop

Tenebrous
Final Wars Godzilla.

This is the most powerful incarnation of Big G ever...his nuclear pulse is a straight out plot device.

FW Big G stood at ground zero and took the full brunt of a comet. After impact all of Tokyo was left a barren wasteland, and Godzilla alone remained.

The G movies in the 90s depicted Godzilla less a nuclear monster, but more of a nuclear hurricane...a sentient force of nature, not unlike Galactus.

Cloverfield may be a bit larger, but Godzilla has felled many adversaries much larger than he. The Japanese military event invents new science just to take him out, and always fails.

starlock
Godzilla for the win

I heard bad stuff about Cloverfield also, when me and a friend watched it, i was impressed, i thought it was a change of pace,a well done movie, and my friend liked it also...so far eveyone i watched it with had a bad vibe going in...but after the movie they actually enjoyed it.i dont get the problem with liking or not liking a movie...its hard to debate taste

Maistro
I agree with the people who disliked the movie. I myself made sure the dvd i burned it on was so badly damaged it could never be read again

The story of this film was very lacking, for one where did the creature come and why did people explode when bitten by those little sin thingies. I know this was all explained by the director but none of it was explained in the film itself making it a bit hollow

The story was very slow and by the time i thaught wow this could be going somewhere it cut off and the end credits rolled wich kinda ruined the entire flick for me

The reason it did so well in the box office was because of its marketing was cleverly handled, when the people realised it was crap the sales dropped drasticly and its like someone in this thread pointed out "people love to watch crap"

ONTOPIC
I know for a fact that Godzilla was pretty much invunerable in his first appearance, they had to use some uber weapon to down him and he still survived, plus he is much better build than the skinny clover so he could tumble him over and blast his ass, Godzilla kicks Clovers ass

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Final Wars Godzilla.

This is the most powerful incarnation of Big G ever...his nuclear pulse is a straight out plot device.

FW Big G stood at ground zero and took the full brunt of a comet. After impact all of Tokyo was left a barren wasteland, and Godzilla alone remained.

The G movies in the 90s depicted Godzilla less a nuclear monster, but more of a nuclear hurricane...a sentient force of nature, not unlike Galactus.

Cloverfield may be a bit larger, but Godzilla has felled many adversaries much larger than he. The Japanese military event invents new science just to take him out, and always fails.
Not like Clover has shown anything that can hurt him anyway.
Though, the thing in the movie is still supposedly only a baby.. Maybe when someone hashes out the possibilities of a fully grown Clover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.