Solid Snake vs Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decimus
This is based on their respective videogames Halo 1,2,3 and MGS 1 ,2,3 and twin snakes). After each match the loser is brought back to life through regeneration for the next match. They battle to the death in a close quarters battle. They are unarmed in close quarters- Snake is allowed something small around his gloves like diamond spikes to penetrate the mjolnir armour if he cannot manage to penetrate it with his hands. Then mid ranged weapons are added and they fight at mid range. Next they fight at long distances with long ranged weapons. Finally they battle with camo at any range. Just a friendly reminder is to give as many examples from the games to back up your opinion. So who wins...out of 10 or however you decide victory for all four different scenarios! evil face

SpadeKing
no expression

ThoraxeRMG
*Facepalm*

chickenlover98
wow u fail u furry....MC all the way

Decimus
It is interesting to see you guys think that Master Chief can take such a landslide victory. I mean Snake has actually beat the cyborg ninja Gray Fox(who had at least class 45-60 strength and could easily deflect bullets faster than the eye can see) in hand to hand combat, beat the greatest sniper on the planet with a sniper like it was just another objective, jumped off a missile with one foot and destroyed a russian gunship and destroyed an entire battalion of super soldiers including a clone of big boss himself (which had all dominant traits)also in hand to hand combat. There I gave examples of how Snake can take on Master Chief from in game feats. I thought I would actually get a compelling argument other than MC smash! I guess I was wrong....

Dark-Jaxx
Snake CAN win, he does have a record of doing the impossible against beings far stronger than him.

Blax_Hydralisk
No he can't.

Dark-Jaxx
Yes he can. MC isn't even as strong as Gray Fox, and he sure as hell isn't as fast or skilled, he can win.

EvilAngel
IMO, MC wins 8.5 / 10

Snake winning even when the ods are agaisnt him doesn't cut it for me. Most games you play the Hero is considered to be Outclassed by the villains.

Dark-Jaxx
But in Snake's case, he is ridiculously outclassed, don't get me wrong, normally MC will win, but Snake CAN win.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
But in Snake's case, he is ridiculously outclassed, don't get me wrong, normally MC will win, but Snake CAN win.

Oh, definatly. This is not a spite.

And if Snake had MC's weapons, this would be difficult to call.

But as it is, IMO MC wins

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Oh, definatly. This is not a spite.

And if Snake had MC's weapons, this would be difficult to call.

But as it is, IMO MC wins Fair enough, but since this guy is including MGS3(Big Boss') feats, he took out Volgin, a guy IMO could trash MC, but going by capabilities MC will win.

Decimus
But this is going by the true abilities that the Chief has displayed in the games he is in. No need to use MGS3- MGS 1 twin snakes feats alone secures the victory. And yes they have access to each others technology. One of them starts out with a crazy future armor why give him more advanced technology. Yet it should also be mentioned in the game one can get through mjolnir armor in the games with a magnum and melee attacks. Based on feats I believe MC loses this but it is a fight. Remember these are the characters and their abilities as shown to full extent from their respective games.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Decimus
But this is going by the true abilities that the Chief has displayed in the games he is in. No need to use MGS3- MGS 1 twin snakes feats alone secures the victory. And yes they have access to each others technology. One of them starts out with a crazy future armor why give him more advanced technology. Yet it should also be mentioned in the game one can get through mjolnir armor in the games with a magnum and melee attacks. Based on feats I believe MC loses this but it is a fight. Remember these are the characters and their abilities as shown to full extent from their respective games. we never4 saw mc's physical strength, which is truly very powerful. he takes this 9/10

Decimus
Hear I will help you he could flip over a tank like a glitch of sorts.

Decimus
Actually thats his high point flipping a jeep and tank.

chickenlover98
Actually thats his high point flipping a jeep and tank. in the books spartans are quite powerful, dont underestimate mc dude, he'll rip ur ballz off.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yes he can. MC isn't even as strong as Gray Fox, and he sure as hell isn't as fast or skilled, he can win.

No he can't.

A>B>C argument.

MadMel
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
A>B>C argument. = failure

EvilAngel
MC could beat Gray Fox..... well..... porbably

Becci
MC will not even have to try much. MC has taken direct impacts from frag grenades. I am sure he can take whatever Snake tries giving him. I do not think he will even put an effort into dodging.

BaneOfJedi700
don't you realise what the spartan program DID to Master Chief? implants, drugs, he is bones were strengthened by durasteel. his brains thoughts are sped up so the world around him seems to him as slowed down.

just think everyone around you moved veeeerryy sllloooowwlllyy.

Decimus
Master Chief is definately not as good all round as Snake and according to the games Snake is > than MC in every category except strength. Even greater than MC in hand to hand combat and reaction timing.

SpadeKing
MC as a twelve yr old could've beaten snake ermm

chickenlover98
Originally posted by SpadeKing
MC as a twelve yr old could've beaten snake ermm thumb up actually maybe thats a better fight laughing

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by EvilAngel
MC could beat Gray Fox..... well..... porbably *Snickers*

All I am saying, is that Snake has made a career out of beating opponents that seriously outclass him(and MC), going by pure ability, MC would win, but Snake CAN win.

Decimus
In game characters and feats please. Its funny how people can say what they say without in-game feats to back themselves up. Master Chief would get owned under the circumstances I have provided I just wanted to see the Halo fanboys come out - lulz. I have succeeded a thousand fold. bunny

Decimus
I guess Master Chief is equivalent to Hulk.
MC= Red/Green Hulk Smash! erm

SpadeKing
In game characters and feats please. Its funny how people can say what they say without in-game feats to back themselves up. Master Chief would get owned under the circumstances I have provided I just wanted to see the Halo fanboys come out - lulz. I have succeeded a thousand fold. bunny

well seeing as chief can also take hits from body melting plasma beams, orbital drops, and flip tanks over, he has an over shield, and as said by chief himself he never misses

Snake loses still very badly.

and truthfully I like snake better

Blax_Hydralisk

Ultimate phale. Novels are canon and as such the feats in them are just as good as in-game feats.

The FACT of the matter is that Snake is just your average Human with above-average durability and that the majority of his victories is due to PIS and dumbluck. No one ever kills him. They just beat the holy sh*t out of him, then leave him on the ground to regenerate and come back for more.

The Chief wouldn't even need his armor for this. He's faster, stronger, and just as smart. He breaks Snakes legs, then crushes his neck with his fingers.

/thread

SpadeKing
^
As said by the guy who fueled a 300 paged fight against the chief

case closed

Decimus
Ultimate phale. Novels are canon and as such the feats in them are just as good as in-game feats.

The FACT of the matter is that Snake is just your average Human with above-average durability and that the majority of his victories is due to PIS and dumbluck. No one ever kills him. They just beat the holy sh*t out of him, then leave him on the ground to regenerate and come back for more.

The Chief wouldn't even need his armor for this. He's faster, stronger, and just as smart. He breaks Snakes legs, then crushes his neck with his fingers.

/thread

That is funny buddy since I created this thread and said no novels just IN GAME FEATS. (You can make a thread next time with your own settings...) Actually I specified in the beginning of the thread that such novel (heh) feats are null void to create an unbiased playing field wink (Microsoft pouring millions upon tens of millions into halo merchandise.) In game feats only- which makes the orbital drop , the tank and the laughable plasma (that can barely kill soldiers and only with a fuel rod) ok. Still not enough to take on Snake from twin snakes though. Snake takes the solid majority when it comes to the actual in-game feats specified but nice try by trying to get the merchandise involved. laughing out loud

Decimus
Originally posted by SpadeKing
well seeing as chief can also take hits from body melting plasma beams, orbital drops, and flip tanks over, he has an over shield, and as said by chief himself he never misses

Snake loses still very badly.

and truthfully I like snake better

So this your opinion in light of the feats and scenarios I have created - so be it.

Decimus
My bad I meant brought forth embarrasment

Blax_Hydralisk
That is funny buddy since I created this thread and said no novels just IN GAME FEATS. (You can make a thread next time with your own settings...) Actually I specified in the beginning of the thread that such novel (heh) feats are null void to create an unbiased playing field wink (Microsoft pouring millions upon tens of millions into halo merchandise.) In game feats only- which makes the orbital drop , the tank and the laughable plasma (that can barely kill soldiers and only with a fuel rod) ok. Still not enough to take on Snake from twin snakes though. Snake takes the solid majority when it comes to the actual in-game feats specified but nice try by trying to get the merchandise involved. laughing out loud

So then your deliberately making Chief weaker to give Pathetic Snake a chance.

w/e then. You're basically admitting that under normal circumstances the Chief would absolutely slaughter Snake with utter ease.

Again, /thread

Decimus
I still do not understand why you do not even acknowledge snake as more than human. Snake is a super soldier of the highest order. I was being kind not to let the feats from the previous 2-d metal gears into this. He beats gray fox and big boss almost completely unarmed and being unequipped!!!!! I am being very, very fair by limiting both characters to see how they would interact with what we have seen ok. This despite what it is being portrayed as would be a very interesting fight and in no way shape or form could be considered close to spite from people who know each character backwards and forwards.

Dark-Jaxx
So then your deliberately making Chief weaker to give Pathetic Snake a chance.

w/e then. You're basically admitting that under normal circumstances the Chief would absolutely slaughter Snake with utter ease.

Again, /thread The novels are bullshit that contradict the games to be honest.

Decimus
The novels are bullshit that contradict the games to be honest.

I hear ya bro.

DarkC
The novels are bullshit that contradict the games to be honest. Originally posted by Decimus
I hear ya bro.
No. The books are canon. What you don't realise is that Bungie had to tone down Chief's skills in the game as to have it more balanced.

Decimus
Originally posted by DarkC
No. The books are canon. What you don't realise is that Bungie had to tone down Chief's skills in the game as to have it more balanced.

This is true- but it is the direction the company decided to take the character. In Halo 2 you were had basically a regular soldier (except the scene in the beginning with the bomb) with superhuman endurance. Not allowing MC to have a sprint function was a mistake of the current balance system to keep the game from being comparable to faster fps games on the pc (i.e. unreal, quake, etc.)

Dark-Jaxx
No. The books are canon. What you don't realise is that Bungie had to tone down Chief's skills in the game as to have it more balanced. The games came first, did they not? In the novels, Marines are omnipotent gods who can kill Covenent no problem, and the Covenent are morons who can only glass planets. Yeah, they contradict the games, and are utter shit.

DarkC
The games came first, did they not? In the novels, Marines are omnipotent gods who can kill Covenent no problem, and the Covenent are morons who can only glass planets. Yeah, they contradict the games, and are utter shit.
Despite popular belief (those who didn't bother reading the books) it isn't what came first. The "chicken or the egg" cliche you're trying to pull is undeniably faulty. It's up to the game creators to decide what is canon, not the sequential order of release. In Bungie's case, yes, they decide that the literature is perfectly canon. They even introduced a few concepts beginning from the second game found only originally in the books.

It's pretty clear you haven't read the books. Either that or you're terribly biased. I suggest you do your research.

Omnipotent gods? Moron Covenant?

Bullshit.

The books expand upon the games. Not the other way around.

devilsnake
scenario: Masterchief comes to earth at shadow mosses he sees snake and goes to kill him, but before he does snake uses his stealth and goes invisible then sneaks into metal gear and uses its laser and cuts master chief in half

DarkC
Originally posted by devilsnake
scenario: Masterchief comes to earth at shadow mosses he sees snake and goes to kill him, but before he does snake uses his stealth and goes invisible then sneaks into metal gear and uses its laser and cuts master chief in half
Assuming Master Chief is stupid enough to stand still in a combat zone with unknowns, and also assuming that he's too slow to move out of the way.

And also assuming that he's too dumb to think of a counter.

Try again.

SpadeKing
I still do not understand why you do not even acknowledge snake as more than human. Snake is a super soldier of the highest order. I was being kind not to let the feats from the previous 2-d metal gears into this. He beats gray fox and big boss almost completely unarmed and being unequipped!!!!! I am being very, very fair by limiting both characters to see how they would interact with what we have seen ok. This despite what it is being portrayed as would be a very interesting fight and in no way shape or form could be considered close to spite from people who know each character backwards and forwards.

snake just gets lucky, many people can do what he does in real life when you own life is on the line.
put chief in Snake's world with/without his novel features he can easily bypass anything in the metal gear series put snake in the halo universe, well he would be lucky to make it to the flood and if he does he dies there

Decimus
The Chief doesn't really use stealth (lulz) and when he does he rarely is able to get past hordes without notifying at least one grunt and would be killed in any true FPS other than Halo due to being big,slow, and very vulnerable to bullets. If the covenant attacked the Chief as any significant intelligent force he would be forced to use stealth at least 70 percent of the time. Snake would kill the mentally incompetent flood and the even more moronic covenant (horrible group A.I.) by simply sneaking around the entire game and assassinating their leaders (the grave minds and the prophets). Chief on the other hand would come guns blazing (or would fire eventually without a silencer)while power walking and would be killed by - you can take your pick: Ocelot , GreyFox (A.K.A:borg ninja),Sniper Wolf, Vulcana Raven, Psychomantis, Liquid or the army of genetically modified soldiers that patrolled the game. It is not smart to put the Master Chief in a game that has real super soldiers in it. And lets not leave out the cyborg ninjas...it is crucial to never forget the cyborg ninjas!!! ninja

DarkC
The Chief doesn't really use stealth (lulz) and when he does he rarely is able to get past hordes without notifying at least one grunt and would be killed in any true FPS other than Halo due to being big,slow, and very vulnerable to bullets.
It's nice to see people spewing utter sewage that they have absolutely no idea about. Congratulations for not doing your research.

The Chief is much faster and stronger than a human (Snake) due to biogenetic enhancements, but by no means is he lacking in stealth. In the Ghosts of Onyx novel, even with his armor on he was able to sneak up on a guard and with the help of his armor, deceive some detection systems. In the time that the guard tosses a cigarette in the air and hits the ground, the Chief was able to lunge forward soundlessly, snap the guy's neck, and catch the body before the cigarette hits the ground.

You're making it sound like he's some ridiculous brute severely lacking in movement. Simply ridiculous. And prone to bullets? It takes about an entire clip from an armor-peircing assault rifle to bring down his shields.

In a battlefield where you're outnumbered and outgunned, you really think an all out frontal assault is going to work? Way to understand basic tactics.

Your argument there isn't just flawed, it's completely broken altogether.

Have you even played through Halo 3? Just once?

There are some areas where stealth won't work. I'd personally enjoy Snake trying to take on a full pack of battle-raging Brutes in close quarters combat in a cramped hallway.

Your knowledge of the Halo world is decidedly pathetic.

Um, that's not how the Master Chief's kill-strategy works. He rarely goes with the Rambo approach. Like I said, read up.

If your argument consists solely of listing off characters from the Metal Gear Solid series who can outsmart some dimwitted Rambo-based armored character, I could technically claim a victory right here and now.

I'm sorry I had to take a piss on that Rice Krispies ego of yours, but you desperately need to do your research before shooting your mouth off like that.

He is a super soldier, Decimus. It's been listed in the game manual.

You just refuse to ignorantly believe it, or are so in love with Solid Snake it blinds you to the truth. He's outwitted special operations elites armed with active camouflage.

Darkstorm Zero
Normally I would not get involved with debates like this but...

The Chief doesn't really use stealth (lulz) and when he does he rarely is able to get past hordes without notifying at least one grunt and would be killed in any true FPS other than Halo due to being big,slow, and very vulnerable to bullets. If the covenant attacked the Chief as any significant intelligent force he would be forced to use stealth at least 70 percent of the time. Snake would kill the mentally incompetent flood and the even more moronic covenant (horrible group A.I.) by simply sneaking around the entire game and assassinating their leaders (the grave minds and the prophets). Chief on the other hand would come guns blazing (or would fire eventually without a silencer)while power walking and would be killed by - you can take your pick: Ocelot , GreyFox (A.K.A:borg ninja),Sniper Wolf, Vulcana Raven, Psychomantis, Liquid or the army of genetically modified soldiers that patrolled the game. It is not smart to put the Master Chief in a game that has real super soldiers in it. And lets not leave out the cyborg ninjas...it is crucial to never forget the cyborg ninjas!!! ninja

THIS has to be marked as the single most innacurate, unresearched, and utterly wasteful post I have ever EVER seen on KMC for a very long time...

Now look, both of these men are modified super soldiers, and make no mistake, Snakes good at what he does, solo infiltration. BUT, in a straight up fight, MC will win hands down in so many ways it's frigging no contest, not only does MC have a 500 year technological edge (This means that even his genetic enhancements have over 5 centurie of refinement over Snake's), but he also has the more exotic weapon choices, has a MASSIVE strength improvement, as well as speed, cognitive ability, and defence.

About the ONLY real thing Snake has over MC is experience, and has the definitive advantage in terms of stealth. he knows how to hide and ambush.

However, MC does have the Motion tracker, and has survived things that would very well curtail Snake's existance...

I can sum it up like this, MC could definitively win due to technological edge, the very same reason MC would lose to Duke Nukem or Turok... Better weaponry.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

THIS has to be marked as the single most innacurate, unresearched, and utterly wasteful post I have ever EVER seen on KMC for a very long time...

Now look, both of these men are modified super soldiers, and make no mistake, Snakes good at what he does, solo infiltration. BUT, in a straight up fight, MC will win hands down in so many ways it's frigging no contest, not only does MC have a 500 year technological edge (This means that even his genetic enhancements have over 5 centurie of refinement over Snake's), but he also has the more exotic weapon choices, has a MASSIVE strength improvement, as well as speed, cognitive ability, and defence.

About the ONLY real thing Snake has over MC is experience, and has the definitive advantage in terms of stealth. he knows how to hide and ambush.

However, MC does have the Motion tracker, and has survived things that would very well curtail Snake's existance...

I can sum it up like this, MC could definitively win due to technological edge, the very same reason MC would lose to Duke Nukem or Turok... Better weaponry.

QFT.

Snake is tough and all, but Master Chief is pretty much in another league. The only way I could see MC losing is if they fought in a MGS game because well...Snake's jobber aura in that game is SUPREME.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, you got a point...I mean Naked Snake beat Volgin...

SmashBro
Man DarkC, you should join that Halopedia website. You seem to know everything about Halo.

Decimus
It's nice to see people spewing utter sewage that they have absolutely no idea about. Congratulations for not doing your research.

The Chief is much faster and stronger than a human (Snake) due to biogenetic enhancements, but by no means is he lacking in stealth. In the Ghosts of Onyx novel, even with his armor on he was able to sneak up on a guard and with the help of his armor, deceive some detection systems. In the time that the guard tosses a cigarette in the air and hits the ground, the Chief was able to lunge forward soundlessly, snap the guy's neck, and catch the body before the cigarette hits the ground.

This is interesting since we are talking about the game characters in which case this is not part of this thread whatsoever. We are speaking of video game characters and their actions in their respective games.

You're making it sound like he's some ridiculous brute severely lacking in movement. Simply ridiculous. And prone to bullets? It takes about an entire clip from an armor-peircing assault rifle to bring down his shields.

The Master Chief is no brute by any mean but he is extremely slow in the games. Sniper bullets penetrate his armor easy enough and so would other guns as well.

In a battlefield where you're outnumbered and outgunned, you really think an all out frontal assault is going to work? Way to understand basic tactics.
Again it depends what difficulty the game is set at. The Chief doesn't need to hide at all on Normal while on Legendary mis direction is more and styealth are more advisable. Yet the chief is assaulting areas he is much much more offensive than anything.

Your argument there isn't just flawed, it's completely broken altogether.
Have you even played through Halo 3? Just once?

Haha just send me an email and you can view legendary completed. I am up to mlg customs anytime buddy I say that with no more ego than I have earned through experience.

There are some areas where stealth won't work. I'd personally enjoy Snake trying to take on a full pack of battle-raging Brutes in close quarters combat in a cramped hallway.

Chief cannot either not on legendary at least without some insane weaponry or glitch. Snake could with a rocket launcher and camo as well.

Your knowledge of the Halo world is decidedly pathetic.
Oh you mean like the inconsistancies in height that the chief has undergone- please I am the Master Chief.

Um, that's not how the Master Chief's kill-strategy works. He rarely goes with the Rambo approach. Like I said, read up.
Halo is not a stealth game even if you try really hard it is a pure - clicks gamer - game.

If your argument consists solely of listing off characters from the Metal Gear Solid series who can outsmart some dimwitted Rambo-based armored character, I could technically claim a victory right here and now.
All the characters I listed could beat the Master Chief from the game thats all no need to take the lack of feats Chief has out on me for my supported opinion.

I'm sorry I had to take a piss on that Rice Krispies ego of yours, but you desperately need to do your research before shooting your mouth off like that.
No problem dude I have researched both characters fully. I support my argument within the context given I do not use material from sources other than the games in a thread specified for ingame characters.

He is a super soldier, Decimus. It's been listed in the game manual.

I was just trying tot get through to the Master Chief fanboys that Master Chief is being hyped even right now. I don't have any ego I can say what I feel like and am sorry if I offended you and your character defending the character with better feats.

You just refuse to ignorantly believe it, or are so in love with Solid Snake it blinds you to the truth. He's outwitted special operations elites armed with active camouflage.
Again the AI in halo is horrible and is not a strong point to base any argument off of. The series has only progressed in multiplayer and that is it - ok. I like Snake just as much as you like the Chief buddy but nice shot.

Blax_Hydralisk
And the AI in Metal Gear is so much better? It sucks ass. That has no bearing on the fight at all.

Decimus
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

You have logic to your argument yet within the context of the characters in question and the games in question logic would dictate (ingame)feats and (again ingame ) ability to determine the winner. Again sorry if you were offended by the feats. I placed they both have comparable technology except for armor. Snake even has camo and Snake has controllable missiles that the Chief never had. Again speed has never been displayed in game so it is v pretty void in this thread.

Decimus
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
QFT.

Snake is tough and all, but Master Chief is pretty much in another league. The only way I could see MC losing is if they fought in a MGS game because well...Snake's jobber aura in that game is SUPREME.

You are viewing the characters as they should be rather than what they have shown so far from their respective games. I realize it is immature to compare halo fans to hulk fans but I viewed the posts on this topic to be immature as well. But I respect your opinion man it is what most would argue.

Decimus
And the AI in Metal Gear is so much better? It sucks ass. That has no bearing on the fight at all.

Just saying that the covenant elites that the Chief has fought can be beaten by exploiting the limits. Same for Snake the intelligence in both games are not really great so it isn't a viable arguing point.

MadMel
You have logic to your argument yet within the context of the characters in question and the games in question logic would dictate (ingame)feats and (again ingame ) ability to determine the winner. Again sorry if you were offended by the feats. I placed they both have comparable technology except for armor. Snake even has camo and Snake has controllable missiles that the Chief never had. Again speed has never been displayed in game so it is v pretty void in this thread.
MC has no trouble against sleath camo, it means squat to him..
as for RC missiles, he doenst need those when he has lock-on..

DarkC
Again speed has never been displayed in game so it is v pretty void in this thread.
Wrong, it isn't "void" at all.

It doesn't matter whether they were displayed in-game or in the novel, so long as it's there. The games and novels are both endorsed by Bungie and so are legitimate sources of information. In this case, Master Chief's speed would count and be a deciding factor.

Blax_Hydralisk
The thread started, Decimus, has stated already that the novel feats can't be used, only the game.

Basically, it's common knowledge that the Chief would beat the living shit out of Snake effortlessly, so to make things fair Decimus took away most of his abilities.

Decimus
The thread started, Decimus, has stated already that the novel feats can't be used, only the game.

Basically, it's common knowledge that the Chief would beat the living shit out of Snake effortlessly, so to make things fair Decimus took away most of his abilities.

Thanks a lot... I guess. Master Chief would normally have an advantage due to tech but it would never be an effortless win what so ever. An opponent is the most dangerous threat when they are underestimated. wink

Blax_Hydralisk
Not really.

My underestimating an ant as I'm about to step on it is hardly dangerous.

If you where to compare the two, Snake is nothing but an ant compared to the Chief. With all of his feats, he would crush Snake without too much effort at all.

Darkstorm Zero
Hey don't get me wrong, I *WAS* a big advocate of not relying on the novelisations for ingame feats when it came to HALO, but in hindsight, just because it's not within the game itself, does not eliminate it as a valued and more importantly *VALID* canon source, since many games have other media to demonstrate finer points of capability that simply can't be reproduced due to gameplay restriction.

Fighting Games for example depend a great deal on other media to determine true capabilities of their moves.

FPS and strategy games also come to mind, as does RPGs.

Bottom line:
If Decimus as the threadstarter has determined that the feats of the book are invalid, then that means that the Book feats cannot be discussed, therefore we must rely on ingame canon, and the simplye truth is, that even though Cheif isn't as fast or as durable in the games as he is in the books, he STILL has leagues of technological edge, strength, and weaponry over Snake... Though in Snakes defence, his sneaking ability is more of an advantage now, since the Motion Tracker traces larger movements than a person merely inching forward or crawling slowly...

IMO cheif still wins this, though with greater difficulty than before.

Blax_Hydralisk
I think that with purely video game feats the Chief can lose much easier. Snake's basically a superhuman with Wolverine level regeneration in the games...

Takeshi453
I cant believe that everyone of you guys thinks that Master Chief would own Snake. Are you all forgeting about Snake's will. Solid Snake crawled through a giant microwave to accomplish his mission. If we made the same technology available to Snake that was available to MC, then I think Snake could beat MC. If MC was put into the Metal Gear Universe the same would result.

BloodRain
Sure, if you give Snake the same superhuman body as chief's, the same armour, tech and weapons then maybe he'd pull off a win. But as he is, he'll lose.

Zack Fair
Chief.

Snake will make it a fight, but he is going down.

socool8520
Close range, Snake loses. There is just no answer from Chief's armor.

Mid range - How far are we talking? And what kinda weapons? Machine guns? I probably still think Chief wins here unless maybe a chaff grenade messes up chief's suit or something. Chief 9/10

Long range - I think this is where Snake has the upper hand. His stealth abilities are legendary beating the old man from MGS 3 snake eater, not too mention he owned two great snipers who were among the best in the MGS universe. Sniper Wolf in MGS and one of the mechs from MGS 4. I think he has the one 8/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.