JLA vs Exemplars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
In this fight Juggernaut has sided with his brethren to take on the JLA making this an 8 on 8 battle who wins?

Team JLA

1. Superman
2. Wonder Woman
3. Flash
4. Captain Marvel
5. Green Lantern Hal
6. Aquaman
7. Batman
8. Jonn Jonnz

Team Exemplars

1. Bedlam
2. Carnivore
3. Conquest
4. Decay
5. Inferno
6. Juggernaut
7. Stonecutter
8. Tempest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exemplars_%28comics%29

CaptainStoic
Hey they did beat the Avengers with both Thor and Herc so i think this would be a great battle.

Dgw2007
yes there is 8 but JLA wins 6/10

CaptainStoic
Bedlam at marvunapp.com
Carnivore at marvunapp.com
Conquest at marvunapp.com
Decay at marvunapp.com
Inferno at marvunapp.com
Stonecutter at marvunapp.com
Tempest at marvunapp.com

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Dgw2007
yes there is 8 but JLA wins 6/10

The Avengers lost even without the help of Cain though, check out the wiki link.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Avengers lost even without the help of Cain though, check out the wiki link. I did before you but it up but still i think JLA wins (very slimly)

Darth Martin
JLA

CaptainStoic
How does JLA win this? Juggernaut in his 8th day power range folded Thor like a piece of paper, he would fold Superman just as easily. Conquest could deadlock wonder Woman. Stgne Cutter would tap into Hals ring and imprison him with it. Canivore would kill Aquaman. Bedlam mind rapes Jonn. Decay would take care of Flash. Batman goe down to inferno. When all is said and done Captain Marvel would be the last man standing, and The Exemplars would take him down like they took down Thor and Herc.

Sirius77
jla. Juggernaut is their biggest problem.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Sirius77
jla. Juggernaut is their biggest problem.

That's funny I saw Stonecutter as their biggest problem, his tech alone would give the JLA a huge problem.

Knowsbleed33
Exemplars would kill the JLA. The power being put out when Juggs and Stonecutter were trading blows was collapsing the mountains around them.

Sirius77
So what? The same thing could be said of the members of the jla.

Sirius77
That's funny I saw Stonecutter as their biggest problem, his tech alone would give the JLA a huge problem.

Well are we counting prep here?

CaptainStoic

Really? because I didn't see Superman manhandling Thor like Cain did, when he was zoned out and juiced up. Actually Thors battle with Superman was so close that Superman nearly lost, and let's face it once Superman falls the rest of the JLA will be joining him in minutes.

Sirius77
Really? because I didn't see Superman manhandling Thor like Cain did, when he was zoned out and juiced up. Actually Thors battle with Superman was so close that Superman nearly lost, and let's face it once Superman falls the rest of the JLA will be joining him in minutes.

Bullshit.

Superman is nowhere near their strongest member...

Youre forgetting Hal, Flash, Captain marvel (overkill), ww, etc...
so even if superman does fall (which with all of these people with him ,I doubt it), the exemplars are not beating the rest of the jla. Especially not with Hal, Flash, and Captain marvel.

CaptainStoic
If Bedlams mind is as powerful as the Juggernauts strength, she alone wins this via mind rape. The exemplars are Demi-Gods, while the JLA is filled with mortals with the exception of Diana and Marvel. Stonecutter could whip up tech on the fly that could take over Hals ring.

Sirius77
The jla isnt getting mindraped with jonn there. And I dont think that superman, diana, or hal will be in the ballpark either. And what feats prove that she is on that level?

Also, I doubt that stonecutter can whip up anything to affect hals ring... Henshaw wasnt able to, so this guy most likely cant either...

Knowsbleed33
JLA loses.

psycho gundam
8th day juggy soloes

Evangel94
Exemplars. 8th Day Juggernaut manhandled Thor quite easily. Stonecutter was quite impressive as well.

CaptainStoic
The jla isnt getting mindraped with jonn there. And I dont think that superman, diana, or hal will be in the ballpark either. And what feats prove that she is on that level?

Also, I doubt that stonecutter can whip up anything to affect hals ring... Henshaw wasnt able to, so this guy most likely cant either...

Stonecutter was hacking Ironmans armor in moments, I'm sure that there is an equation that can allow him to tamper with Hals ring. Stonecutters skills are likely better than Henshaws, once again as Juggernaut is an Exemplar of strength Stonecutter was an Exemplar of Science, his bio says that he could make anything, that would include a device that could tamper with a GL's ring. He also possesesd super human strength which allowed him to go toe to toe with the Juggernaut and do better at it than Thor previously did.

Cap'n Happy

Really? Batman and Aquaman do a lot of mountain collapsing, do they?
What about Flash? Martian Manhunter IS quite powerfull, but he's not Juggs powerfull, not when it comes to trading punches (how effective will his telepathy/mind control be here?)
If you are not a blind JLA lover, it is obvious that they are in trouble here- unless you replace Bats and Aqua with some bigger muscle. Replace them with guys like Red Tornado and Captain Marvel, and they have a chance.

complexbrother
I think tie .

Rewmac
JLA with ease.

TricksterPriest
Stonecutter was hacking Ironmans armor in moments, I'm sure that there is an equation that can allow him to tamper with Hals ring. Stonecutters skills are likely better than Henshaws, once again as Juggernaut is an Exemplar of strength Stonecutter was an Exemplar of Science, his bio says that he could make anything, that would include a device that could tamper with a GL's ring. He also possesesd super human strength which allowed him to go toe to toe with the Juggernaut and do better at it than Thor previously did.

"Stonecutter was hacking Ironmans armor in moments, I'm sure that there is an equation that can allow him to tamper with Hals ring. Stonecutters skills are likely better than Henshaws"

What the f**k? The Iron Man thing is a worthless feat. Most of the JLA's durability far far exceeds IM's. Tamper with the ring? You really need to prove some high end feats to be able to claim that. Better than Henshaw?! What the f**k? thumb down No. I don't even need to see evidence to know that statement is BS. Henshaw is the greatest technopath in comics.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Really? Batman and Aquaman do a lot of mountain collapsing, do they?
What about Flash? Martian Manhunter IS quite powerfull, but he's not Juggs powerfull, not when it comes to trading punches (how effective will his telepathy/mind control be here?)
If you are not a blind JLA lover, it is obvious that they are in trouble here- unless you replace Bats and Aqua with some bigger muscle. Replace them with guys like Red Tornado and Captain Marvel, and they have a chance.

lol. wtf? Where did you get batman or aquaman ANYWHERE in any of my posts?

Also, batman is a prep beast, and they do have captain marvel on this roster. Read the title page...

Also, if you'd pay attention, you'd know that they have Superman, Captain marvel, jonn, ww, Flash, Hal, etc...

Sirius77

So you actually do think that this bastard can HACK A GL RING.... wow.

Give me scans of anything remotely proving that he is on that level. Even henshaw has not shown that ability...

And what makes you think that juggernaut wont just get bfred into the speedforce by flash? The same for stonecutter?

Cap'n Happy
lol. wtf? Where did you get batman or aquaman ANYWHERE in any of my posts?

Also, batman is a prep beast, and they do have captain marvel on this roster. Read the title page...

Also, if you'd pay attention, you'd know that they have Superman, Captain marvel, jonn, ww, Flash, Hal, etc...

Opps, I did goof up on Cap. Marvel... forgot he was already on the team. I just mean that the JLA need another powerhouse like him is all. But dude, check your post... wasn't it you who claimed that ALL of the JLA team could rock the mountains- like Stoncutter and Jugs could? And please spare me the "Batman is a prep beast" routine... against mystic powerhouses like the Exemplars, Bruce couldn't do s**t. The concussion wave from a Superman/Juggernaut punch alone would wipe him out. I love Batman, but he couldn't hang in a fight like this- at all.

I think if you replace Batman and Aquaman with more power, they have a good shot. I'm not hating on JLA- just this line up.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Opps, I did goof up on Cap. Marvel... forgot he was already on the team. I just mean that the JLA need another powerhouse like him is all. But dude, I wasn't even responding to your post at all. I was answering some guy who claimed that ALL of the JLA team could rock the mountains- like Stoncutter and Jugs could. And please spare me the "Batman is a prep beast" routine... against mystic powerhouses like the Exemplars, Bruce couldn't do s**t. The concussion wave from a Superman/Juggernaut punch alone would wipe him out. I love Batman, but he couldn't hang in a fight like this- at all.

Anyway... so okay thats two people who can shake mountains...

And batman has taken out the jla with prep before... so if he has prep time, then the jla will win this easier than they already will.

On the jla there are four that can lift mountains... And one of the most powerful gls the world has ever know. Hal. I dont see the exemplars winning the majority at all in this... so..

Sirius77
Oh and thanks for being civil about this man. Usually people go insane whenever juggernaut is involved, lol. The same for the jla, but you get my point, lol.
big grin

CaptainStoic
Uhm.... couldn't Tempest suck the oxygen right out of Flash's lungs effectively KOing him?

Sirius77
Uhm.... couldn't Tempest suck the oxygen right out of Flash's lungs effectively KOing him?

Youd think that running ftl or in space would do that... but it doesnt...

CaptainStoic
Youd think that running ftl or in space would do that... but it doesnt...

Stop that!!! Flash needs oxygen to survive, and you know it dude. Conquest could catch Flash by the ankles like she did to QS.

Sirius77
Stop that!!! Flash needs oxygen to survive, and you know it dude. Conquest could catch Flash by the ankles like she did to QS.

Appearently not with the speedforce shielding him... at least not to the extent that a 'whirlwind' will rob a being moving ftl of his oxygen...

How? Qs is barely supersonic. Flash is ftl... theres a huge difference there.

CaptainStoic
Flash moving at FTL speeds in a biosphere huh? He would wind up killing off half of his teamates with that little stunt, if we're talking about a non PIS/CIS situation here.
These are Demi-Gods here not your average villain. Tempest can and would be able to deal with any Flash.

Sirius77
Flash moving at FTL speeds in a biosphere huh? He would wind up killing off half of his teamates with that little stunt, if we're talking about a non PIS/CIS situation here.
These are Demi-Gods here not your average villain. Tempest can and would be able to deal with any Flash.

No he wouldnt... thats the thing about the flash. He has the speed force shielding him from that. Even sonic booms don't escape.

And no, I doubt tempest would realize what happened until he looked around and realized that he was trapped in the speed force... If they did it to superman-prime, then they'll do it to tempest. And Juggernaut. And Stonecutter. Flash would be tired from carrying the wieght, but he could do it in less than a picosecond. Literally.

The rest would be systematically picked off by the rest of the team. One by one. Two by two.

CaptainStoic
No he wouldnt... thats the thing about the flash. He has the speed force shielding him from that. Even sonic booms don't escape.

And no, I doubt tempest would realize what happened until he looked around and realized that he was trapped in the speed force... If they did it to superman-prime, then they'll do it to tempest. And Juggernaut. And Stonecutter. Flash would be tired from carrying the wieght, but he could do it in less than a picosecond. Literally.

The rest would be systematically picked off by the rest of the team. One by one. Two by two.

Lol your a funny guy for someone named Sirius... but seriously, Tempest is a chick, and Flash needs to breathe! Carnivore would eat Aquaman and Batman together!

All of this sucked into the speedforce nonsense is just that, nonsense! Have I forgot to add Decay to this little mix? Flash would be dust before he took a step if he touched Decay. In fact the only two I see not being reduced to dust would be Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, but they would be in the corner getting busted by Stonecutter and Cain. While Superman would be used to kick Martian Manhunters butt by Bedlam. Inferno would occupy Hal while the rest of his team gets put on the God Machine. Did you follow all of that? Well if not let me sum it up for you in two words.... Poor Hal!

Estacado
Jla ftw.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Evangel94
Exemplars. 8th Day Juggernaut manhandled Thor quite easily. Stonecutter was quite impressive as well.

No. Just... no.

ExodusCloak
Off topic but I think they need to revamp the Exemplars. I thought some of them were a bit lame.

They should changed so they are as follows:

Mental(Telekinesis & Telepathy) Exemplar
Strength & Durability Exemplar
Tech(Technopath) & Weapons & Martial Arts Exemplar
Time (Speed & teleporter plus degree of control over time) Exemplar
Magic and Soul Exemplar
Elemental & Energy Manipulator Exemplar

And two more Exemplars which I can't think of.

llagrok
Stonecutter and Bedlam would give the JLA one hell of a time.
Some of the others weren't too impressive, but powerful nonetheless.
I would give it to the JLA on the count of speedblitz.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Off topic but I think they need to revamp the Exemplars. I thought some of them were a bit lame.

They should changed so they are as follows:

Mental(Telekinesis & Telepathy) Exemplar
Strength & Durability Exemplar
Tech(Technopath) & Weapons & Martial Arts Exemplar
Time (Speed & teleporter plus degree of control over time) Exemplar
Magic and Soul Exemplar
Elemental & Energy Manipulator Exemplar

And two more Exemplars which I can't think of.

Well McFarlane created them to be a mega team buster, I think he did a prety good job. You may have a point though. I think that he should have given them the ability to form a psionic gestalt, (In english fusion) which they would combine to form a mighty being more powerful than the single beings that they received their powers from initially.... Just a thought.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by llagrok
Stonecutter and Bedlam would give the JLA one hell of a time.
Some of the others weren't too impressive, but powerful nonetheless.
I would give it to the JLA on the count of speedblitz.

Not as impressive? Look closely at the JLA's line up. Aquaman and Batman are weak links all of the exemplars could put them away, which leaves 8 on 6. 8th Day Juggernaut is mightier than anyone on the JLA and without PIS/CIS none of them should be able to hurt him. Stonecutter showing that he could go toe to toe with 8th Day Juggs without missing a beat shows that neither WW, MM,or CM would be a problem for him one on one. But MM would have a huge problem with Inferno.

llagrok
Not as impressive? Look closely at the JLA's line up. Aquaman and Batman are weak links all of the exemplars could put them away, which leaves 8 on 6. 8th Day Juggernaut is mightier than anyone on the JLA and without PIS/CIS none of them should be able to hurt him. Stonecutter showing that he could go toe to toe with 8th Day Juggs without missing a beat shows that neither WW, MM,or CM would be a problem for him one on one. But MM would have a huge problem with Inferno.

Carnivore and Tempest are also weak links in my opinion and incredibly suspectible to speedblitz. Characters like Superman, Wonder Woman or MM can easily just blitz them into oblivion. Inferno would be hell for MM, yeah. Decay is possibly the weakest one though, as I can see him being one-shotted by a simple range attack.

Southern_Rebel
Superman or Flash could possibly solo this team.

CaptainStoic
It's not happening, Stonecutter could come up with a device to nullify Flash's connection to the speed force, people seem to think it takes him hours to whip up devices but it only took him seconds to take control of Ironmans armor. Superman would be to busy fighting Captain marvel to be a factor.....??? Huh! Bedlam has could easily mind control Superman like Max Lord did. As I said before Carnivore may look like Sabretooth but he was taking shots from Thor without being fazed, Batman and Aquaman would fall to his superior fighting savagery. I haven't even brought up 8th Day Juggernaut yet. The Exemplars would overcome the JLA one by one and place each in a stasis foeld that they could not overcome.

janus77
how do you get 'seconds' against a character like Flash?
that's like taking a week's nap in the middle of a fight, with Batman!

Southern_Rebel
Bedlam doesn't have the same MIND feats that MM has done on panel. With that said...MM>>>>>Bedlam...unless you have evidence to prove otherwise. MM protects the JLA from being mind raped...so, I don't thing Bedlam would be much use in this fight.

Anyways....MM has so many more physical advantages on Bedlam...that I just don't see him competing with J'onn in this fight.

As far as Flash goes...well, with PIS off...he can speed force dump anyone in this fight in the first microsecond...that's why he is so damn powerful. Without PIS...Flash would be virtually unbeatable by anyone below high skyfather level.

llagrok
I'm pretty sure Bedlam is a she.

Evangel94
Bedlam is the Juggernaut of the Mind. So if Cain Marko (who is the Juggernaut of strength and invulnerability) is any indiciation of how powerful Bedlam is, then she is pretty powerful.

Plus she is empowered by a god, and I seriously doubt the god would want a weakling avatar representing him.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Evangel94
Bedlam is the Juggernaut of the Mind. So if Cain Marko (who is the Juggernaut of strength and invulnerability) is any indiciation of how powerful Bedlam is, then she is pretty powerful.

Plus she is empowered by a god, and I seriously doubt the god would want a weakling avatar representing him.

Speculation. None of the Exemplars have the feats to put them on Juggernaut's level of threat, let alone the JLA.

Flash speedforce dumps them.

Papa Smurph
Exemplars 8/10

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Speculation. None of the Exemplars have the feats to put them on Juggernaut's level of threat, let alone the JLA.

Flash speedforce dumps them.

None? Stonecutter was stalemating Juggernaut.

Southern_Rebel
None? Stonecutter was stalemating Juggernaut.

Stalemating Juggernaut is nothing special, really. The JLA have defeated threats much much greater than Juggernaut. Take for instane Despero...I'm sure his mental abilities far surpass Bedlam's...and the JLA won. JLA have defeated Doomsday, Darkseid, Shaggy Man, Imperiex Prime, Mageddon...the list goes on and on.

CaptainStoic
I'm pretty sure 8th Day Jugernaut would run through Despero, and many of the others you mentioned all by himself. Stalemating him is no easy feat as he nearly crushed the life out of Thor with ease. The Exemplars are in a whole other league. But just to humor people that believe the League would win I would give them the first match as a victory and thats a huge maybe. If they fought multiple times Stonecutter would have something for each of them all by himself. His powers allow him to create anything. He could in fact create a machine to allow all of the Exemplars to move at the same speed as the Flash, or just create something to strip them all of their powers barring perhaps Hal because his ring is metaphysical. Like I said before Poor Hal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.