Steel vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dgw2007
WHO WINS

Darth Martin
Iron Man has the better suit wheras Steel deals with better tech.

Cap'n Happy
Iron Man. I can't see Steel competing with IM- maybe the Guardian armor is more his speed.

Mr. Slippyfist
Ironman could theoretically take over his armor... meh.

I think Steel is more powerful though.

JediSamuraiMRB
Iron Man 10/10. John Henry Irons is not in Stark's league. This fight will prolly last maybe 20 minutes.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Iron Man 10/10. John Henry Irons is not in Stark's league. This fight will prolly last maybe 20 minutes.
Err...

Badabing
I know this has been done. uhuh

Eon Blue
Ironman. Steel is outclassed.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by Badabing
I know this has been done. uhuh where?

Badabing
Originally posted by Dgw2007
where? I'm too lazy to check now. embarrasment

Dgw2007
not on this forum

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Err...

Yeah I agree... Steel lasting a full 20 minutes is unlikely, IM in 10 minutes is more like it.

wink

spetznaz
1) Like any Iron Man / Steel thread (which has either of the two), it all comes down to the type of armor used. That is EXTREMELY key in any bout that includes any one of those characters. For instance, Tony wearing his first armor wouldn't last long against any modern threat, while wearing his more recent armors (particularly the Extremis) he can face threats that would earn him automatic membership in the JLA. Once again ...armor type is a SERIOUS consideration, and one that is not mentioned on this thread.

2) The other component, which is also related to armor type, is whether (per KMC rules) they are at their best. The best armor (IMO) for Tony would be the Extremis (some may argue that there are more powerful armors, but I say that those are one-dimensional .....the Extremis on the other hand is omni-dimensional, giving very powerful abilities in ALL areas). However, what is the best armor for Steel .....well, obviously, the AEGIS ENTROPY.

3) The next step is for people to read up on the Entropis armor (hopefully people here do read IronMan ....I think the poster Tony Stark is a fanboy, but in his defense at least he is current on Iron Man).

4) Then after that read up on the AEGIS ENTROPY armor that Steel wore. In the 'older days' no one would ever match Iron Man against Steel, because many of the posters then knew just what the Aegis Entropy was capable of ...and what the extremis was capable of. However, many posters for the lst 6 months are new, and they generally oscillate around their favorite characters ....meaning they only know of the Extremis, but know nothing of the AEGIS ENTROPY (probably all they think of Steel is that he is some black dude with a large hammer and a metal suit).

5) Now, here is where the meat is ....and why fanboys, no matter how knowledgeable about a particular character, always give skewed viewpoints. E.g. ....someone may know that Stark's Extremis armor is UBER powerful, but they know nothing about the AEGIS ENTROPY. Thus, they automatically say Stark wins, without knowing a THING about the AEGIS. It is equivalent to knowing EVERYTHING about SPiderman, and thus knowing about his strength, speed, agility, warning sense, webbing, etc etc etc (even where he went to kindergarten in the comics). But knowing NOTHING about Superman. And thus, in a thread saying 'spiderman vs superman,' automatically saying that Spiderman wins, because that is all you know.

CONCLUSION:

There is NO armor that has ever been in Stark's collection (be it in the past or the present, or even the one-off 'special' variants) that comes close to the AEGIS ENTROPY in any way, means or manner.
Not even close.
Now, this thread did not specify what armor was being worn by either contender (and several of Tony's armors could mess up Steel's old armor ....and for that matter it did not even mention what Steel we were talking about, because pop's retired and his daughter took over), but if we are talking about the best of each, giving Tony Extremis and John AEGIS ENTROPY, then this is not a fight.

It is a beating.

10/10 John Henry Irons in the AEGIS ENTROPY.

And it would be a quick beating ......and Tony's warning sense would simply be blaring at him that he is about to be erased from existence.

ADDENDUM:

When debating characters, it is always best to also look at the OTHER cat. Just because your character is super-powerful, doesn't mean that he is doing jack if the other cat is basically handling universal threats. If you have an armor that you think might be able to face off against the Hulk, Storm and Thor ...and give the wearer a good shot, and the other guy has an armor that is powered by entropy, a fusion of 4th world technology with an Imperiex probe shell, can stand up against Branian 13, Imperiex and warworld, can bend space and time, and has a level of malevolent destructive capability ....at that point one needs to put down their fan-boy hat, go back to the study desk, and reconsider whether saying 'Stark wins' to every thread concerning Iron Man is really a prudent thing to do.

Because, the best armor worn by Stark has nothing on the best armor worn by Irons.

Not even close ....one armored finger on the AEGIS ENTROPY has more power than all of Stark's armors (including Extremis) combined.

Put it this way ....the only armor that would have a very good chance of defeating the AEGIS ENTROPY is the Asgardian Destroyer armor. They are both powered by obscenely powerful founts of power, and they are more than 'mere' suits of armor.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by spetznaz
1) Like any Iron Man / Steel thread (which has either of the two), it all comes down to the type of armor used. That is EXTREMELY key in any bout that includes any one of those characters. For instance, Tony wearing his first armor wouldn't last long against any modern threat, while wearing his more recent armors (particularly the Extremis) he can face threats that would earn him automatic membership in the JLA. Once again ...armor type is a SERIOUS consideration, and one that is not mentioned on this thread.

2) The other component, which is also related to armor type, is whether (per KMC rules) they are at their best. The best armor (IMO) for Tony would be the Extremis (some may argue that there are more powerful armors, but I say that those are one-dimensional .....the Extremis on the other hand is omni-dimensional, giving very powerful abilities in ALL areas). However, what is the best armor for Steel .....well, obviously, the AEGIS ENTROPY.

3) The next step is for people to read up on the Entropis armor (hopefully people here do read IronMan ....I think the poster Tony Stark is a fanboy, but in his defense at least he is current on Iron Man).

4) Then after that read up on the AEGIS ENTROPY armor that Steel wore. In the 'older days' no one would ever match Iron Man against Steel, because many of the posters then knew just what the Aegis Entropy was capable of ...and what the extremis was capable of. However, many posters for the lst 6 months are new, and they generally oscillate around their favorite characters ....meaning they only know of the Extremis, but know nothing of the AEGIS ENTROPY (probably all they think of Steel is that he is some black dude with a large hammer and a metal suit).

5) Now, here is where the meat is ....and why fanboys, no matter how knowledgeable about a particular character, always give skewed viewpoints. E.g. ....someone may know that Stark's Extremis armor is UBER powerful, but they know nothing about the AEGIS ENTROPY. Thus, they automatically say Stark wins, without knowing a THING about the AEGIS. It is equivalent to knowing EVERYTHING about SPiderman, and thus knowing about his strength, speed, agility, warning sense, webbing, etc etc etc (even where he went to kindergarten in the comics). But knowing NOTHING about Superman. And thus, in a thread saying 'spiderman vs superman,' automatically saying that Spiderman wins, because that is all you know.

CONCLUSION:

There is NO armor that has ever been in Stark's collection (be it in the past or the present, or even the one-off 'special' variants) that comes close to the AEGIS ENTROPY in any way, means or manner.
Not even close.
Now, this thread did not specify what armor was being worn by either contender (and several of Tony's armors could mess up Steel's old armor ....and for that matter it did not even mention what Steel we were talking about, because pop's retired and his daughter took over), but if we are talking about the best of each, giving Tony Extremis and John AEGIS ENTROPY, then this is not a fight.

It is a beating.

And it would be a quick beating ......and Tony's warning sense would simply be blaring at him that he is about to be erased from existence.

ADDENDUM:

When debating characters, it is always best to also look at the OTHER cat. Just because your character is super-powerful, doesn't mean that he is doing jack if the other cat is basically handling universal threats. If you have an armor that you think might be able to face off against the Hulk, Storm and Thor ...and give the wearer a good shot, and the other guy has an armor that is powered by entropy, a fusion of 4th world technology with an Imperiex probe shell, can stand up against Branian 13, Imperiex and warworld, can bend space and time, and has a level of malevolent destructive capability ....at that point one needs to put down their fan-boy hat, go back to the study desk, and reconsider whether saying 'Stark wins' to every thread concerning Iron Man is really a prudent thing to do.

Because, the best armor worn by Stark has nothing on the best armor worn by Irons.

Not even close ....one armored finger on the AEGIS ENTROPY has more power than all of Stark's armors (including Extremis) combined.

Put it this way ....the only armor that would have a very good chance of defeating the AEGIS ENTROPY is the Asgardian Destroyer armor. They are both powered by obscenely powerful founts of power, and they are more than 'mere' suits of armor. ok how can i make it more even

spetznaz
ok how can i make it more even

That would be tricky.

Extremis against Steel's older armors, and Iron Man will win (probably take over his armor, in more or less the same way that Cyborg Superman was messing with steel's armor). Thus, it wouldn't be fair to John Irons.

Both fo them wearing their best armors, and the coin flips. Here, John Henry Irons in the AEGIS ENTROPY erases Tony Stark, his booze, and his red-headed hoochies from existence. With a thought! It woudln'y matter even if Stark made clones of himself, and had them all wear all his other armors at the same time. It would be over in a flash for Tony. thus, it wouldn't be too fair to Tony Stark.

It is really hard to make this fight fair. Best armor for all fight ends up in a semi-second tenor win for Irons. Best armor for Tony and old armor for Steel ends up with a win for Tony.

Either way, it is hard for it to be fair.

Probably a better question would be if Tony in the IM suit could find it easier to lift:

a) Thor's Mjolnir (which cannot be lifted by someone who is not worthy, but apparently questions ahve been raised as to whether sufficiently strong characters could do it based on sheer strength alone)

b) Steel's hammer, which when dropped to the ground fused with the earth's magnetic field, implying that to lift it (unless you are Irons or his daughter, or have replicated their DNA) you would have to fight the entire Earth's magnetic field.

Maybe that would be a better question.

Tony Stark

CONCLUSION:

Not even close.

It is a beating.

ADDENDUM:

Put it this way ....the only armor that would have a very good chance of defeating the AEGIS ENTROPY is the Asgardian Destroyer armor. They are both powered by obscenely powerful founts of power, and they are more than 'mere' suits of armor.

confused

Spetznaz, your right I do have vast knowledge of IM past and present armors and other wise. But I'm also nowhere near a IM fan boy and I've said many times that IM loses to so and so... I'm not Battlethimble.

And you also know from your many posts written, and many posts read, that unless it is specifically stated by the thread maker that the characters are this version, or wearing that suit, or wielding this item, or are from this alternate Universe...Etc. That all characters are to be used in their current form, using their standard equipment, and are from their current MARVEL and DC earth's roster. That being said, it also is to be stated that each character is to be used at their highest effectiveness and capabilities and to the best of their abilities. Which for the most part IM isn't looked at doing from most posters on these threads. IM is one of the most versatile characters im comics he can be fighting a character one way and adjust on the fly to fighting in a 180 degree different way of fighting, defending, in the way that he's being a teammate in an instant to fit the situation. He can go toe to toe with an enraged HULK and even win with a KO... He can use a force field on par with IW to cover himself or 5 city blocks... He can call into battle while still engaging in one 100's of other IM suits (all also CL100 with most of the same firepower to boot) to help his cause remotely and control everyone separately or as a group... He can also while engaged in battle call upon any and all satellites and or military machinery or crafts to aid in his cause too. So when Tony is to be used with the best of his abilities. He carries a mighty "BIG" 1000 headed stick.

Back to this fight "current" IM is EXTREMIS armor (HF, Technopathy, multitasking capabilities by the 100's, .0004 reactions, etc). and "current" Steel is not AEGIS ENTROPY... Hence the 10/10 IMO decision for IM.

And please don't portray me as something I am not.

FTW I enjoy your posts.

Mindship
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10178475

I just noticed: the unibeam portal is shaped like Superman's shield. Interesting...

Steel's hammer, which when dropped to the ground fused with the earth's magnetic field, implying that to lift it (unless you are Irons or his daughter, or have replicated their DNA) you would have to fight the entire Earth's magnetic field. I'm not sure that's a good point to make, considering that any refrigerator magnet placed near a compass overpowers the pull of the Earth's magnetic field on the needle (for that matter, I can redirect a compass needle with my finger).

spetznaz
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Spetznaz, your right I do have vast knowledge of IM past and present armors and other wise. But I'm also nowhere near a IM fan boy and I've said many times that IM loses to so and so... I'm not Battlethimble.

And you also know from your many posts written, and many posts read, that unless it is specifically stated by the thread maker that the characters are this version, or wearing that suit, or wielding this item, or are from this alternate Universe...Etc. That all characters are to be used in their current form, using their standard equipment, and are from their current MARVEL and DC earth's roster. That being said, it also is to be stated that each character is to be used at their highest effectiveness and capabilities and to the best of their abilities. Which for the most part IM isn't looked at doing from most posters on these threads. IM is one of the most versatile characters im comics he can be fighting a character one way and adjust on the fly to fighting in a 180 degree different way of fighting, defending, in the way that he's being a teammate in an instant to fit the situation. He can go toe to toe with an enraged HULK and even win with a KO... He can use a force field on par with IW to cover himself or 5 city blocks... He can call into battle while still engaging in one 100's of other IM suits (all also CL100 with most of the same firepower to boot) to help his cause remotely and control everyone separately or as a group... He can also while engaged in battle call upon any and all satellites and or military machinery or crafts to aid in his cause too. So when Tony is to be used with the best of his abilities. He carries a mighty "BIG" 1000 headed stick.

Back to this fight "current" IM is EXTREMIS armor (HF, Technopathy, multitasking capabilities by the 100's, .0004 reactions, etc). and "current" Steel is not AEGIS ENTROPY... Hence the 10/10 IMO decision for IM.

And please don't portray me as something I am not.

FTW I enjoy your posts.

First of all sorry for the fanboy comment ....at times i confuse posters.

As for Stark, I do agree that he is extremely versatile, and with the Extremis armor he has really gone to a new echelon of capability. No doubt about that.

the only problem is that Steel's (John Henry Iron's) most 'recent' armor is in fact the AEgis Entropy .....after that he had to retire because his body couldn't take it any more. The most current Steel is his daughter, who has a specialized armor.

Thus, unless the OP was talking about Iron's lil' girl, the most recent armor for Steel (apart from his own flesh and blood) is the AE.

Anyways, it all boils down to the choice of armor. If ti is Extremis against AE, then the Aegis takes this with ease. If it is Entropy versus 'old suit Steel,' then Steel dies a hero ...but he still dies.

Anyways, Steel's most recent suit was the AE, because after that he hung up the steel-toed boots and called it a day.

Unless you want to bring Natasha into this, since she is the current Steel.

llagrok
laughing out loud @ Tony Stark claiming he's not an Iron Man fanboy.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by llagrok
laughing out loud @ Tony Stark claiming he's not an Iron Man fanboy.

Odinson did you say something...?

Tony Stark
First of all sorry for the fanboy comment ....at times i confuse posters.

As for Stark, I do agree that he is extremely versatile, and with the Extremis armor he has really gone to a new echelon of capability. No doubt about that.

the only problem is that Steel's (John Henry Iron's) most 'recent' armor is in fact the AEgis Entropy .....after that he had to retire because his body couldn't take it any more. The most current Steel is his daughter, who has a specialized armor.

Thus, unless the OP was talking about Iron's lil' girl, the most recent armor for Steel (apart from his own flesh and blood) is the AE.

Anyways, it all boils down to the choice of armor. If ti is Extremis against AE, then the Aegis takes this with ease. If it is Entropy versus 'old suit Steel,' then Steel dies a hero ...but he still dies.

Anyways, Steel's most recent suit was the AE, because after that he hung up the steel-toed boots and called it a day.

Unless you want to bring Natasha into this, since she is the current Steel.

To be honest I haven't looked into a Steel book in some months and was under the impression that Aegis Entropy was a specialty armor (i.e. THOR,HULK,Namor BUSTER armor) and not being worn as the standard armor right now. If that "is" the case then, I wholeheartedly agree with a Steel win.

confused

Blair Wind
"Steel" last I checked was a Colossus wannabe thanks to Lex Luthor.

Cap'n Happy

3) The next step is for people to read up on the Entropis armor (hopefully people here do read IronMan ....I think the poster Tony Stark is a fan-boy, but in his defense at least he is current on Iron Man).

CONCLUSION:

Not even close.

It is a beating.

ADDENDUM:

Look man, you OBVIOUSLY know your stuff (tho it's a little funny to throw the "fan-boy" comment around when you have an encyclopedic knowledge of arccane- and fictional- comic book science, but it's cool, 'cause we're all really fanboys- right?). However, your comment about Iron Man in Extremis armor "earning" JLA membership shows serious bias, doesn't it? Isn't ANY version of IM more powerful than backbenchers like Green Arrow, Hawkman, Blue Beetle? I agree that JLA, as a whole, out powers Avengers, but can't you show Tony a little more regard?
I believe in a concept called "the essence" of a character. If the next IM comic has Galactus giving Tony a cosmic suit of armor in order to defeat Ego- I don't count it in a match like this (unless it's specifically stated). The "real" (or traditional) character is the IM we see issue in, issue out. Same with Steel- powers and abilities come and go... but we all know what most characters are at heart. i take a lot of grief from people here for not following the minutia of every character wrinkle to come a long... but I've been reading comics long enough to know that such things come and go. The "essence" remains.
I think Iron Man tops Steel... you DO know your stuff, though.

Darth Martin
I think Steel deals with better tech but Stark has the better suits.

Evangel94
I'm backing Iron Man. "The Aegis Entropy Armor" vs Extremis Iron Man isn't really a fair comparison. Although I do wonder about the forum's opinion about

Thorbuster Iron Man vs Aegis Entropy Steel

Darth Martin
In a straight up fight with their current armours Iron Man should win. Although Steel deals with better tech. Also put I would say Steel is stronger in armour but Iron Man has more versatility.

Badabing
not on this forum
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367191&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414731&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=372267&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=372522&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352183&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327104&highlight=title%3A%28Steel+vs.+Iron+Man%29

Use one of these threads.

Closed.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.