The Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
The one that started it all and the one that still scares the hell out of me. This is the resion why arnie is famouse. Its a heart tumping classic everything is great mood, action , one liners,

When this came out in 1984 it was rated 18 but when it came out on Dvd it went to 15 why ??

Plus why does arnies face look like plastic ?? how did he take his own eye out ? i bet he was wearing a mask

barand1
Originally posted by coolmovies
When this came out in 1984 it was rated 18 but when it came out on Dvd it went to 15 why ??

There are a few reasons for this, the main one being because it isn't considered as violent/scary to todays standards/audiences.

Plus why does arnies face look like plastic ?? how did he take his own eye out ? i bet he was wearing a mask

Make up. Arnold's face does look a little plastic as the movie goes on. This is due to make up, which wasn't fully perfected than make up today. It could also be because Arnold's head was replaces by a 'robotic' head which was made to look like Arnold, to help with the effect of the Terminator taking it's eye out.
Arnold was standing behind, using his hands to operate the tasks carried out by the Terminator. If you have the DVD you can see this in the special features.

U Neek
The one that started it all and the one that still scares the hell out of me.

I strongly believe that it's not just "the one" that started off the Terminator saga but "the one" that started off a whole load of imitators.

Think about it, The Matrix, I, Robot, mebbies even Universal Soldier to an extent (bad example I know but a third movie doesn't come to mind). The Terminator spawned a bunch of movies where the plot line involved Robots trying to overthrow mankind.

Thing about The Terminator is that it's a little different from other movies in that the master computer (SkyNet) tries to fight its battle in the past.

barand1
Yet, the Terminator is the better movie out the lot.

U Neek
I totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I thought the 1st Matrix movie rocked. But to me it was just like Terminator. AI using humans, or trying to enslave them. Cept Terminator is about killing all of em once SkyNet has used humans for what it wants!

But yeah, basically us against them (the machines).

Also, Matrix, as good as the effects are, was made in such a different time. Terminator, with what was available at the time looked OK'ish, and not as bad as what it could have back in them days.

barand1
Apart from the special effects (and maybe action - slightly), Terminator wins everything when you compare it to the Matrix.

Better story
Better characters
Better acting
... and better directing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.