Swamp Thing (VS.) Godzilla, King of the Monsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Godzilla rises from the Gulf of Mexico and heads towards the Louisiana swamplands. Laying waste to everything in his path, he sees the Parliament of Trees and engulfs it with flame.

Swamp Thing immediately responds and decides he must do something to halt the behemoth's attack...

Can Swamp Thing stop Godzilla?

Galan007
ST wins... and easily at that.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
ST wins... and easily at that.

How ?

Godzilla is a walking radiation factory, not to mention he expels ATOMIC ENERGY. The plant-life wouldn't just die, it'd be rendered inhospitable.

Blax_Hydralisk
Isn't Swamp Thing only like, 7 feet tall?

maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ST.

Galan007
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Isn't Swamp Thing only like, 7 feet tall?

maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ST. Normally, yes.

But he can grow to pretty much whatever size he needs...

An example:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/867/st1tq9.th.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
Normally, yes.

But he can grow to pretty much whatever size he needs...

An example:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/867/st1tq9.th.jpg

He's still going to get fried.

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
He's still going to get fried. Which will do what exactly? Make the need to regenerate arise?

Southern_Rebel
I guess I need to read a Swamp Thing comic...all I can think of are the silly Swamp Thing movies back in the 80's....lol. That thing wouldn't have a chance against Godzilla...although that ST would make for a good fight against the T.V. Hulk...Lou Ferrigno

King_Mungi
Swamp Thing even temporally acted as Metron's Morbius Chair. It was quite disturbing as Metron was sitting in his lap the entire time...sad

Galan007
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Swamp Thing even temporally acted as Metron's Morbius Chair. It was quite disturbing as Metron was sitting in his lap the entire time...sad lol.

Anyhow,
Here's ST completely regenerating, after the local 'green' was incinerated:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9464/fsst1wl1.th.jpg http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9827/fsst2dq3.th.jpg

It's not as easy to beat ST as some people may think. ermmnone

The Fake Macoy
We need a respect thread for him.

iceman24567
To kill Swamp Thing you have to destroy earth...

psycho gundam
how come all dc characters are gods or something? whatever, IF godzilla
destroy swamp thing, how does swamp thing defeat godzilla?

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
how come all dc characters are gods or something? whatever, IF godzilla
destroy swamp thing, how does swamp thing defeat godzilla? All Dc characters are not gods. That's like me saying all Marvel characters are reality warpers or something. I say Swamp thing can always grow and choke him to death.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by iceman24567
All Dc characters are not gods. That's like me saying all Marvel characters are reality warpers or something. I say Swamp thing can always grow and choke him to death.

Actually, that has sort of already been done once before by a similar creature called Biollante; who is also a giant creature that is also part plant...

Didn't work too well for him either stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Actually, that has sort of already been done once before by a similar creature called Biollante; who is also a giant creature that is also part plant...

Didn't work too well for him either stick out tongue

Biolante :Crispy fried

Comicbook_kid
Biolante :Crispy fried

Kinda like fried okra... big grin

But someone mentioned a respect thread for Swampy earlier...I'd love to see one made for him too.

Swamp Thing is definately a powerful character and one not to be downplayed or underestimated...which is why I thought he'd make an excellent and interesting opponent for Big G.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by iceman24567
To kill Swamp Thing you have to destroy earth...

Godzilla can destroy the Earth. If he has one of his meltdowns he will destroy everything within a 10 light year radius.

Godzilla wins this with ridiculous ease.

Mr. Slippyfist
I need to watch a Godzilla movie one time...

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I need to watch a Godzilla movie one time...

Highly recommended....just as long as it's not that shitty American Godzilla '98 movie....

Avoid that one at all costs!

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Highly recommended....just as long as it's not that shitty American Godzilla '98 movie....

Avoid that one at all costs! I liked that one... only one I watched... srug

Comicbook_kid
I liked that one... only one I watched... srug

Oh, then yeah...you definately need to watch a "REAL" Godzilla movie...

I can make some good suggestions out of the 28 films available...some are better than others, but all of them are enjoyable.

Mr. Slippyfist
What is the black hole one?

I have a hard time believing it... but alas, I've never seen it.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Godzilla can destroy the Earth. If he has one of his meltdowns he will destroy everything within a 10 light year radius.
WTF? He couldn't even destroy Earth, in Godzilla Vs. Destroyah he would only have killed all life on Earth.

King Kandy
What is the black hole one?

I have a hard time believing it... but alas, I've never seen it.
Godzilla vs. Megaguiras (I think that's how you spell it...)

Comicbook_kid
What the hell is the black hole one?

"Godzilla vs. Megaguirus"

Five years after the events in "Godzilla 2000", Japanese scientists have developed a sure-fire way to finally destroy Godzilla. They have created the world's first man-made black hole, which will trap Godzilla for eternity. But during a testing of the new "Dimension Tide", an insect caught in the hole mutates, producing gargantuan eggs that gives birth to a new menace; a giant dragonfly monster called Megaguirus.

Great Godzilla flick and highly recommended.

Mr. Slippyfist
Might start with that...

Comicbook_kid
Might start with that...

Good choice...

And if you want to watch Zilla (the Godzilla rip-off from the 98' film) get a royal beat down from the real King of the Monsters, check out "Godzilla : Final Wars"...the two face off in a battle that lasts under a minute.

King Kandy
Pretty much all the battles in that movie were under a minute. I wouldn't recommend it, they spent way too much time with fight scenes between humans that ripped off the matrix so much. All the monster fights were really, really quick and uninspiring.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by King Kandy
WTF? He couldn't even destroy Earth, in Godzilla Vs. Destroyah he would only have killed all life on Earth.

I'm talking about Dark Horse Godzilla, not movie. In the comics he's written to be near omnipotent.

grey fox
Originally posted by King Kandy

That's because Godzilla junior absorbed the radiation.

Galan007
Biolante :Crispy fried Again,
incinerating the green, simply will not take out ST. jr_erm02

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.