Superman vs The Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
This may have been done already, but I did not find it. I was going through the battle that The Sentry had with The Hulk in World War Hulk issue 5, and I noticed that the damage output was much like the damage output that Superman displayed when he fought against Doomsday.

I have read many people stating that The Sentry failed to stop the Shield Hellicarriers momentum, but the same could be said of Superman failing to stop a bus when it was thrown at him while filled with passengers.

As you read this, you may be thinking automatically that this is not a good fight, and that The Sentry stands no chance of defeating Kal-El, but have you looked deeper? Is blind bias the only thing that some of you may see? I see this as a great battle that could go either way.

The same Sentry was seen in Avengers tossing a monster as large as Godzilla into the stratasphere! How much would anyone like to wager that the monster he tossed was approaching the 1000 tonnage range?

Yes Superman could do that as well, but the fact is that The Sentry did it with ease.

Who Wins?

TricksterPriest
Even DOS Supes would beat Sentry. Stop wanking the bastich. thumb down What Sentry went through was not as bad as what Superman did.

And Superman actually WON his fight.

Rorschach
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Even DOS Supes would beat Sentry.

No.

DOS Superman would get wrecked.

jumpmann
no

(to this thread)

CaptainStoic
Damn I posted this in the wrong forum, I could have sworn that I posted this in the versus forum

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Even DOS Supes would beat Sentry. Stop wanking the bastich. thumb down What Sentry went through was not as bad as what Superman did.

And Superman actually WON his fight.

Yeah and Venom would beat WWH wink

Eon Blue
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
This may have been done already, but I did not find it. I was going through the battle that The Sentry had with The Hulk in World War Hulk issue 5, and I noticed that the damage output was much like the damage output that Superman displayed when he fought against Doomsday.

I have read many people stating that The Sentry failed to stop the Shield Hellicarriers momentum, but the same could be said of Superman failing to stop a bus when it was thrown at him while filled with passengers.

As you read this, you may be thinking automatically that this is not a good fight, and that The Sentry stands no chance of defeating Kal-El, but have you looked deeper? Is blind bias the only thing that some of you may see? I see this as a great battle that could go either way.

The same Sentry was seen in Avengers tossing a monster as large as Godzilla into the stratasphere! How much would anyone like to wager that the monster he tossed was approaching the 1000 tonnage range?

Yes Superman could do that as well, but the fact is that The Sentry did it with ease.

Who Wins?

Sorry friend, but Superman wins.

kenobi
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Sorry friend, but Superman wins. yeah, Superman would win. You have to take into account how the characters are written, but a lot of fanboys do not. I hate Superman, but because of how he is written he would defeat my fav character the Hulk. I do not like that but it is true.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Sorry friend, but Superman wins.

Really... I have my doubts that Superman could take out The Void Entity, you know the one that all of those heros couldn't manage to slow down? Here's a question for you, could Superman defeat the combined might of The Fantastic Four, Black Bolt and The Inhumans, The Avengers, Spiderman, The X-Men, Namor, and Dr. Strange?
Twenty plus heros couldn't slow The Void down yet The Sentry alone defeated it.

If The Void is only a figment of The Sentry's mind imagine how powerful he will get once he can control those functions of his brain.

The Sentry was stalemating The Collective filled with thousands of mutants which gives you an idea of how poweful he truly is. Now let's look at Superman vs Titus. Titus is powerful, and recently he knocked Superman out with one blow, and stood over his broken body in victory! As powerful as Titus is though, I highly doubt that he could defeat The Void that stood unfazed, by the assortment of heros mentioned above.

It's really something to think about, and it leaves me wondering if any DC Top Tier, to High Herald level character could even begin to compete with The Sentry in terms of power.

In my honest opinion The Sentry is above Superman, unless someone believes that Kal-El could stalemate Genis Vell.

Sentry FTW.

Rorschach
Sentry> Void > Superman > Justice League

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/peaches.gif

unless someone believes that Kal-El could stalemate Genis Vell.

Joe Casey

no expression

Phantom Zone
Really... I have my doubts that Superman could take out The Void Entity, you know the one that all of those heros couldn't manage to slow down? Here's a question for you, could Superman defeat the combined might of The Fantastic Four, Black Bolt and The Inhumans, The Avengers, Spiderman, The X-Men, Namor, and Dr. Strange?
Twenty plus heros couldn't slow The Void down yet The Sentry alone defeated it.

If The Void is only a figment of The Sentry's mind imagine how powerful he will get once he can control those functions of his brain.

The Sentry was stalemating The Collective filled with thousands of mutants which gives you an idea of how poweful he truly is. Now let's look at Superman vs Titus. Titus is powerful, and recently he knocked Superman out with one blow, and stood over his broken body in victory! As powerful as Titus is though, I highly doubt that he could defeat The Void that stood unfazed, by the assortment of heros mentioned above.

It's really something to think about, and it leaves me wondering if any DC Top Tier, to High Herald level character could even begin to compete with The Sentry in terms of power.

In my honest opinion The Sentry is above Superman, unless someone believes that Kal-El could stalemate Genis Vell.

Sentry FTW.

Very good point, and one point I have been trying to raise is that Sentry has different showings, sometimes depending on his confidence.

Tron
This may have been done already, but I did not find it.

It's been done, numerous times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.