Sentry vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Sentry
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/8/86/Sentry03.jpg

vs

Silver Surfer
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0401/28/silversurfer8.jpg

ultimatethor
Silver surfer= faster, more versatile, probably stronger, more enrgy etc

Endrict Nuul
SS

tkitna
Sentry

Horrificus
Sentry= Power of a skillion splodin' suns!nerd

... saw it. ...was not impressed.

Surfer FTW.

Priest
Surfer

Gecko4lif
Surfer turns sentrys ass hole into a black hole for laughs

cyberborg84
Surfer emits Sentry pacifying radiation that turns him back into Bob, then suckers him. shifty

Grinning Goku
SS. Sentry's pic is far cooler though.

Mr. Slippyfist
Sentry matched WWH pretty good... so that puts him at least at Jesus level. smile
And that's not a bad showing... because Sentry was able to match Photon, so full out Hulk>>>Photon. Which would make Sentry at least>>>>>Surfer.

Because that's accurate writing...

ermm

Papa Smurph
Sentry.

Acrosurge
The Silver Surfer. All day; every day. Every ability Sentry has, the Surfer has to a greater extent. Plus, Surfer isn't a mental case.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Acrosurge
The Silver Surfer. All day; every day. Every ability Sentry has, the Surfer has to a greater extent. Plus, Surfer isn't a mental case. Or a cheapass rip-off...

Mindset
Who is Sentry a rip off of, no one, o yea.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Mindset
Who is Sentry a rip off of, no one, o yea. Definitely not Superman...

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Definitely not Superman...

Is this a joke, the only similarties they have is they both have a cape, can fly, and are strong. Besides some similar powers they are nothing alike...

Papa Smurph
Dude he IS a Superman rip-off. Despite the various differences in character, design, origin, motivations and powers.

There's an S on his stomach. Definate signs of Superman rip-off.

cyberborg84
More like a Triumph rip-off. Similar powers, look, and backstory too.

quanchi112
Is this a joke, the only similarties they have is they both have a cape, can fly, and are strong. Besides some similar powers they are nothing alike... They arent exactly alike but he is a Superman rip off.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
They arent exactly alike but he is a Superman rip off.

How?

quanchi112
How? He has an s on his chest. I mean come on. He is a Superman rip off. He flies and is powered by solar energy. They have different personalities entirely but most would agree that hes a Superman rip off. Dont let the blonde hair fool you.

Eon Blue
How?

The similarities are obvious. If you fail to see them then you are blind.

Priest
Originally posted by Eon Blue
The similarities are obvious. If you fail to see them then you are blind.
Actually, I would have to disagree. Sentry ans Superman are a lot more diffrent that many think.

Lets see, they both wear a cape, one has a S on the chest and the other has one on the abdomen. The both fly, and are strong.

Does that makes the same character?
I think not, for the fact that they both have completely different other powers and persona's.

Gladiator and Hyperion are Superman copies, not Sentry.

Mr. Slippyfist
Based off Superman.

He was ripped from Superman with a different beat.

It's still a rip-off, no matter which way you slice it.

Originally posted by quanchi112
He has an s on his chest. I mean come on. He is a Superman rip off. He flies and is powered by solar energy. They have different personalities entirely but most would agree that hes a Superman rip off. Dont let the blonde hair fool you. More or less.

Horrificus
Originally posted by cyberborg84
More like a Triumph rip-off. Similar powers, look, and backstory too.

More like a Barry Gibb ripoff.

Oh, if only I had a scan of the Bee Gees, so I could educate my fellow comic book fans...whistle

cyberborg84
Originally posted by Horrificus
More like a Barry Gibb ripoff.Explain.

Juntai
Originally posted by Priest
Actually, I would have to disagree. Sentry ans Superman are a lot more diffrent that many think.

Lets see, they both wear a cape, one has a S on the chest and the other has one on the abdomen. The both fly, and are strong.

Does that makes the same character?
I think not, for the fact that they both have completely different other powers and persona's.

Gladiator and Hyperion are Superman copies, not Sentry. Both have S symbol.
Both have solar energies
The Super Dogs.
Lana Lang/Lois Lane/Linda Lee/Lori Lemaris, some of Superman's cahracters. Wait, what was Sentry's Wife's name? Lindy Lee. The same alliteration a Superman supporting cast.
Both also have Alliterative nicknames.
Both are considered the most powerful hero around.
Sentry's even ran some of Superman's subplots, like the whole bit in his miniseries about choosing who lives and who dies, weight of the world on the conscience deally? Old and reaccuring Superman story.

It goes on and on, but I'll just let it go there.

Juntai
Originally posted by cyberborg84
More like a Triumph rip-off. Similar powers, look, and backstory too. I'll agree about the look and backstory, but I feel he's closer to Superman all-around.
Triumph was awesome.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Juntai
Both have S symbol.
Both have solar energies
The Super Dogs.
Lana Lang/Lois Lane/Linda Lee/Lori Lemaris, some of Superman's cahracters. Wait, what was Sentry's Wife's name? Lindy Lee. The same alliteration a Superman supporting cast.
Sentry's even ran some of Superman's subplots, like the whole bit in his miniseries about choosing who lives and who dies, weight of the world on the conscience deally? Old and reaccuring Superman story.

It goes on and on, but I'll just let it go there. You nailed it Happy Dance

HueyFreeman
I'll agree about the look and backstory . Yeah about the backstory, an emo Superman? Yeah I need that like I need a shot in the nuts.

Bouboumaster
Surfer eats his soul.

Blind
Okay, didn't Surfer get beat pretty bad by "World War Hulk" and then Sentry fought Hulk to a stalemate (at worst). So I'm saying Sentry throws Surfer into the sun.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Blind
Okay, didn't Surfer get beat pretty bad by "World War Hulk" and then Sentry fought Hulk to a stalemate (at worst). So I'm saying Sentry throws Surfer into the sun.
He didnt have his powers.....

Sirius77
Surfer in a nasty rapestomp...

Acrosurge
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
He didnt have his powers..... And was still knocking Hulk and his crew around without them. He quit fighting as soon as Hulk made a final play to hit the controller. After Surfer stopped fighting, the Hulk smashed him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer.

Mindset
Both have S symbol.
Both have solar energies
The Super Dogs.

Superman is the "ultimate" symbol of heroism in comics, that is the only thing they implemented into Sentry's charater. If you want to nit-pick you could find paralleling themes or often times storylines between characters, this occurs in much of fiction.

That does not mean Sentry is a rip off of Superman as they are nothing a like. I could find similarities between a lot of heroes, that does not make them rip-offs.

batdude123
Superman is the "ultimate" symbol of heroism in comics, that is the only thing they implemented into Sentry's charater. If you want to nit-pick you could find paralleling themes or often times storylines between characters, this occurs in much of fiction.

That does not mean Sentry is a rip off of Superman as they are nothing a like. I could find similarities between a lot of heroes, that does not make them rip-offs.

There's also the whole "faster than a speeding bullet" commentary about Sentry in his miniseries. smile

Seriously, even a blind man can see that Sentry is a Superman rip-off.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by batdude123
There's also the whole "faster than a speeding bullet" commentary about Sentry in his miniseries. smile Oh ya... I forgot about that. laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by batdude123
There's also the whole "faster than a speeding bullet" commentary about Sentry in his miniseries. smile

Seriously, even a blind man can see that Sentry is a Superman rip-off.

I don't remember them saying that.

And honestly. you seem like a liar.

Endrict Nuul
How?

He has a cape, he flys, super strength etc.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123

And honestly. you seem like a liar.

Mindset
embarrasment

Mr. Slippyfist

And honestly. you seem like a liar. Is this fo srs?

I can show you. smile

xmarksthespot
Someone's trying to say Sentry's not a Superman rip-off?

Also apparently Wolverine is a rip-off of Timber Wolf from the Legion of Superheroes. 313

Mindset
Dare Devil is a Batman rip-off

jrodslam
Dare Devil is a Batman rip-off

How so? Because hes a "dark" character?

They have different powersets, weapons, occupations, etc.

Mindset
Originally posted by jrodslam
How so? Because hes a "dark" character?

They have different powersets, weapons, occupations, etc.

OMG REALLY!?

jrodslam
OMG REALLY!?

Yea.

Mindset
That was my point...that was why I said Sentry wasn't a rip off

xmarksthespot
He's Emo Superman. That doesn't remove his Superman knock-offness.
Both have S symbol.
Both have solar energies
The Super Dogs.

Mindset
x shut up, you are a fool

xmarksthespot
Lulz.

Mr. Slippyfist
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7007/ts06003sc8.th.jpg

Mindset
lol

Mr Marvel
Silver Surfer Wins!!!

He could drain him dry!

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
Silver Surfer Wins!!!

He could drain him dry!

Leave your homoerotic comments out of this fight

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7007/ts06003sc8.th.jpg Lulz anyway Surfer wins a solid majority hoover

CaptainStoic
Sentry seems to be very resilient, and highly resistant to the Power Cosmic. He demonstrated as much on panel in his loppsided victory over Terrax. Silver Surfer has also beaten Terrax with ease, while seen dragging him off to an unknown and isolated planet a couplen of years prior to the Morg incident.

The question here, is could Sentry also be as resilient to a wielder of the Power Cosmic on the level of the Silver Surfer? I think he may be, after all Terrax was taken with a smile. The Silver Surfer struggled a little.

I won't say that Sentry is leaps and bounds above Norrin. but it would explain why he could stalemate Galactus. whether he was half full or starving.

Sentry FTW.

Bouboumaster
Surfer

h1a8
I believe Surfer wins this. But it is extremely close though.

CaptainStoic
I have may doubts of Silver Surfer winning this battle, I think that it would be a physical fight, one that Surfer would lose.

h1a8
Your probably right. As marvel would have SS stalemating Sentry at best for SS.

Mindship
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
SS. Sentry's pic is far cooler though.
Surfer Pic, Take 2...

Phantom Zone
Surfer wins, Sentry is not consistent enough. As for Sentry being a Superman rip-off obvoulsy hes influenced by Superman but that doesnt make him a rip-off, the same way Daredevil seems to be influenced by Batman but is still a good character.

janus77
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I have may doubts of Silver Surfer winning this battle, I think that it would be a physical fight, one that Surfer would lose.
Sentry going all out, unleashing everything couldn't do anything of consequence to WWH (who was holding back all the time).

WWH is probably > Surfer in durability potential (infinite strength and all that) but Sentry's attack wasn't even piercing Hulk's body, unlike Zom/Strange's punches which tore right through Hulk's chest.

Surfer on the other hand, can take punches and blasts and ferocious attacks from T&A, from characters at or around Galactus level (way above Skyfather and such beings).

Sentry isn't doing anything to Surfer, if anything. Surfer mindwipes Sentry or mind-controls him or otherwise plays him like a puppet.

Surfer could also drain Sentry's energies and amp himself ...

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by janus77
Sentry going all out, unleashing everything couldn't do anything of consequence to WWH (who was holding back all the time).

WWH is probably > Surfer in durability potential (infinite strength and all that) but Sentry's attack wasn't even piercing Hulk's body, unlike Zom/Strange's punches which tore right through Hulk's chest.

Surfer on the other hand, can take punches and blasts and ferocious attacks from T&A, from characters at or around Galactus level (way above Skyfather and such beings).

Sentry isn't doing anything to Surfer, if anything. Surfer mindwipes Sentry or mind-controls him or otherwise plays him like a puppet.

Surfer could also drain Sentry's energies and amp himself ...

WWH was holding back.....

janus77
sure, he was holding back all the way through the WWH arc, remember Cho's theory and the long conversation between them?

remember also that the "Banner" aspect of the Hulk works to limit/cap/suppress the amount of power Hulk unloads with. hence when Hulk gets angry, the personality of Banner grows weaker and Hulk grows stronger (Banner being less capable of stopping the flow of energies into Hulk).

right after the Sentry fight, Banner and Hulk were in equilibrium, so Banner was still keeping the power in check. then Meik opened his mouth ... and Banner's last action was to fight himself and beg Tony to rain down the satellites to help him bring Hulk back under control.

Phantom Zone
sure, he was holding back all the way through the WWH arc, remember Cho's theory and the long conversation between them?

Nah man havnet actually read it just various scans.

remember also that the "Banner" aspect of the Hulk works to limit/cap/suppress the amount of power Hulk unloads with. hence when Hulk gets angry, the personality of Banner grows weaker and Hulk grows stronger (Banner being less capable of stopping the flow of energies into Hulk).

right after the Sentry fight, Banner and Hulk were in equilibrium, so Banner was still keeping the power in check. then Meik opened his mouth ... and Banner's last action was to fight himself and beg Tony to rain down the satellites to help him bring Hulk back under control.

...yyyyeah but im not sure if that was actually intentional thought that was more of a sub-conscious sort of thing.

janus77
well, he did tell Tony to bring on the satellites, as well as telling Reed that he hated himself more than he hated them. he basically was fighting himself, there's really no other reason for Hulk to not have broken the Earth and killed everyone there.

as for the holding back, that's the only way that any of the guys he punched survived. he had Zom/Strange down in 3 punches. a fourth one would have killed Dr. Strange!

Soljer
Surfer stomps a mud hole in Sentry's ass.

h1a8
Originally posted by Soljer
Surfer stomps a mud hole in Sentry's ass.

I would most definitely agree.
But if Marvel ever had these two fight each other then it would be at best
a stalemate for SS. That's shows you the level of inconsistency comics have sometimes.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by h1a8
I would most definitely agree.
But if Marvel ever had these two fight each other then it would be at best
a stalemate for SS. That's shows you the level of inconsistency comics have sometimes.

True.

But Surfer deserves to beat him.

Bentley
Surfer is godlike, a cosmic messiah that has slayed creatures equal to Galactus.

Obviously they stalemate. ermmha

janus77
I don't think they'd stalemate if they fought in a comic story.
Surfer would most likely just down him with a blast or something, then lecture him for an hour on the responsibilities of power on the tragic nature of heroism and most importantly, on the awesomeness of The Power Cosmic!

Larceny
Surfer easily.

cyberborg84
Originally posted by GahLakTus
True.

But Surfer deserves to beat him. Quoted for truth.

Even with his impressive roster of feats, it feels like to me that he's still quite underrated by many, but especially most writers.

h1a8
I don't think they'd stalemate if they fought in a comic story.
Surfer would most likely just down him with a blast or something, then lecture him for an hour on the responsibilities of power on the tragic nature of heroism and most importantly, on the awesomeness of The Power Cosmic!

Are you crazy! These characters are in the writer's hands, not ours.
If you think that Marvel would let SS punk Sentry with a blast when they have alreadly shown Sentry powerful enough to punk Terrax greater than what SS could possibly ever do then you are a straight fool.

LORD B
surfer

Lumby
Galactic glaze FTW

tkitna
Good lord, now WWH was holding back. This forum is entertaining to say the least.

Most sane people would think that the person smiling and allowing the Hulk to punch him would be the one holding back, but I realize how strong the hate towards Sentry is around here. Even my 11 year old son asked why the Sentry was letting him hit him.

Priest
For the record, Sentry was giving the Hulk free shots during the whole fight.

But Surfer still wins.

OneDumbG0
Tough fight... WWH was definitely getting a whole bunch of freebie shots on Sentry. Mind you, these were shots that were strong enough to one-shot the Thing, Ares, She-Hulk and dent Juggernaut's armor. And they weren't even knocking Sentry backwards. He was standing still or floating still everytime he got smacked. Silver Surfer, although not hurt, would go flying at a Savage Hulk's punch. And when Sentry was hitting WWH? Open handed shots that seemed almost nonchalant. Too close to tell right now. But the fact that Sentry casually defeated Terrax and stalemated Genis-Vell... I dunno...

iceman24567
The Hulk wasn't holding back at all....The Surfer takes this.

Soljer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Silver Surfer, although not hurt, would go flying at a Savage Hulk's punch

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3982/story2page02eq7.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4646/story2page03dn9.jpg

Yup. Look at the Surfer go flying.

I mean, the Hulk 'hit him with all his strength.'

Surely the Surfer was in orbit, at the very least.

OneDumbG0
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6891/silversurfer199712513tn1.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4047/silversurfer199712515qf6.jpg

Yup. look at the Surfer go flying.

Maybe the Hulk hit him with all his strength... I dunno?

Surely in the sky, at the very least.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by tkitna
but I realize how strong the hate towards Sentry is around here. Maybe you love him enough for all of us?

doped

Anyway... Surfer.

horrorwolf
Offpanel..Sentry takes this 10/10 due to his Galactus stalemate.

Otherwise Surfer FTW.
shifty

The Ghosty
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Offpanel..Sentry takes this 10/10 due to his Galactus stalemate.

Otherwise Surfer FTW. .....

Soljer
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6891/silversurfer199712513tn1.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4047/silversurfer199712515qf6.jpg

Yup. look at the Surfer go flying.

Maybe the Hulk hit him with all his strength... I dunno?

Surely in the sky, at the very least.

Cause using a bat to knock someone around is the same thing as punching them 'flying.' Right. smile.

Cause knocking someone's balance enough for them to fall off a surfboard is the same as sending them 'flying.' Right. smile.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Hulk hit the Surfer with all his strength with a double fisted uppercut and couldn't even phase him. smile.

The Ghosty
His strongest punch at that level.

I think current would be doing more damage than that.

But anyway Surfer wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by The Ghosty
His strongest punch at that level.

I think current would be doing more damage than that.

But anyway Surfer wins.

Oh, without a doubt. But OneDumbGodAwfulPoster's argument was that 'classic Hulk' would be kicking the shit out of the Surfer, whereas the Sentry dealt with a stronger one.

That is clearly not the case.

The Ghosty
Classic Hulk was a bit of a pussy at times to be honest.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Soljer
Oh, without a doubt. But OneDumbGodAwfulPoster's argument was that 'classic Hulk' would be kicking the shit out of the Surfer, whereas the Sentry dealt with a stronger one.

That is clearly not the case.
Silver Surfer, although not hurt, would go flying at a Savage Hulk's punch.Oh Soljer, we work better together then against each other. Just because I think Green Lanterns are overrated doesn't mean we can't be friends.

laughing out loud

Eon Blue
The Surfer wins.

Anyone who says otherewise is just plain retarded.

h1a8
In a marvel comic silver surfer will not win.
He might stalemate though.

bURP
Originally posted by h1a8
In a marvel comic silver surfer will not win.
He might stalemate though. Don't be an idiot.

Sentry gets stomped.

Soljer
Originally posted by bURP
Don't be an idiot.

Sentry gets stomped.

He's right. Marvel is really pushing the Sentry right now. If the two met in a comic, they'd either find an excuse not to fight, leave the fight as entirely inconclusive, or make it a stalemate.

On a forum, the Sentry's stomped. In a comic, he has editorial mandate backing him up.

AlmightyKfish
Surfer, easily.

The one feat Sentry has near to beating Surfer (the Terrax incident) was PIS and horrible written bias.

Surfer punches a hole in Sentry's face and atomizes him.

complexbrother
really ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.