CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
It's official!

On Friday, Aug 15th, we'll be getting the first 3 episodes of The Clone Wars CG seires as a theatrical release.

Source:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance eek! eek! eek!

queeq
I was surpised about a theatrical release, but it looks pretty good.

General G
I will be going...if only to see SW in theatres again.

sithsaber408
It does.

I'm just gonna be happy to be back in a theater with Williams music, Burt's sound fx, and Lucas world.

Jedi's and Sith and sabers, oh my!

w00t

queeq
Williams' music? Are you certain about that?

General G
I hope...he did well with others.

queeq
This is not an 'other'...

sithsaber408
Originally posted by queeq
Williams' music? Are you certain about that?

No, I'm not.

I only suspect it. They used Battle of the Heroes with the trailer for The Clone Wars, so I'd think that they intend to at least use all of the best stuff, if not new stuff. (it wouldn't be Starwars without the music)

I know that they were going to have Frank Oz record Yoda, so here's hoping....

queeq
I doubt it. They'll use some themes, but I doubt JW is gonna score it all. Would be nice, but I doubt it.

General G
A few songs would be nice, just to give it a more SWey feeling.

Schecter
i will download this illegally to assure that lucasfilm never sees another cent from me. smile

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Schecter
i will download this illegally to assure that lucasfilm never sees another cent from me. smile

lol

Gunship Pilot
I do hope it`s released in theaters in Argentina as well...
if not...I`ll be damned!

Stun
Theatrical release huh? well that IS a nice surprisecool

queeq
Gl needs more money me thinks... Merchandise will skyrocket.

sithsaber408
Add this to The Force Unleashed game and hopefully a SUPER blue-ray boxed set for Christmas, and he'll have a ton of money this year. stick out tongue

queeq
And THENhe can make that independent movie.... the one he was going to make after ROTS.... but still hasn't...

Stun
just think of the movies he could of made - or worked on, between 83' and 99' - and all we got was Howard (the flaming) Duck! - among other garbage...

yeah, it's about time he moved into different genres - like Spielberg, but does he care? i mean, would YOU care if you had HIS bank account?

sithsaber408
Pics from the movie:

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/tcw1.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/tcw2.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/tcw3.jpg

Link to the Trailer:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

General G
Whoa! They look...weird.

queeq
New look. Conle Wars evolved. Looks pretty good when it's moving.

KizzMaster
The style is freakin amazing...the scenery...wow. This looks awesome. Must see movie for mwa.

queeq
Yup

Nactous
I called this months ago.

fascistcrusader
God I hate the style they went with. Why couldn't they have made it like Advent Children, they just made a 3d version of the cartoon, and now they look like superdeformed action figures. sad

Schecter
i dont know...looks like ilm is trying to be pixar and failing *shrug*

Rampant ox
Will Dooku be in it?

queeq
Yes, check out the trailer. He's in it.

And yes, it does look like a pimped up 3D version of the Clone Wars animation series. Dooku looks almost identical.

sithsaber408
Guess ol' George couldn't let an Indy film come out without trying to double his money? stick out tongue

Elite Hunter
Definitely not the biggest fan of their cgi chosen.

queeq
First time I saw a bit of Clone Wars, I wasa bit taken aback... However seeing teh series, I actually liked it. Hope this pans out alright. And if not, we still have a few decent SW movies. Can't be much worse than the Ewoks cartoons. Or Caravan of Courage.

sithsaber408
It'll be good.

My bet: this thing tops 200 mil domestic and is in the top 10 for the whole year.

MadMel
cant wait till this comes out big grin
Can't be much worse than the Ewoks cartoons
i loved that show when i was 3-4 yrs old stick out tongue

Rampant ox
Wow, it looks awesome - im definatly going to see it! But I must admit, Dooku doesnt look as sexy as usual. I guess computer animation still isn't able to reproduce Christopher Lee's stellar looks. stick out tongue

KizzMaster
i dont know...looks like ilm is trying to be pixar and failing *shrug*

You're an idiot. It's gonna be awesome. Go somewhere else with your negativity.

MadMel
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Wow, it looks awesome - im definatly going to see it! But I must admit, Dooku doesnt look as sexy as usual. I guess computer animation still isn't able to reproduce Christopher Lee's stellar looks. stick out tongue he looks much bigger too stick out tongue..in that video he looks like pre - conan arnold schwarzenegger, only with a beard and a jedi robe erm

Rampant ox
Haha yea, I was going to say that he looks a little buff for a man in his 80's! But heck, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if Dooku/Lee was secretly sporting a six pack underneath the expensive designer robes. stick out tongue

queeq
Originally posted by KizzMaster

Ahem... calling names is not appreciated here.

And using words like that to Schecter is like signing your own death penalty. He is entitled to his opinion, please respect that.

Schecter
Originally posted by KizzMaster

get back in your hugbox

queeq
Warned ya!

Lord Knightfa11
hmm looks cool. also looks like anakin might just have a womp rat under his hat helping him fight like in rattattoille stick out tongue

General G
get back in your hugbox

laughing out loud

It looks alright, but I still am not too fond of the animation...I hope it will be good.

queeq
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
hmm looks cool. also looks like anakin might just have a womp rat under his hat helping him fight like in rattattoille stick out tongue

That'd be an awesome plot point.

exanda kane
I wonder if the rat can feed him some better dialogue instead =)

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by exanda kane
I wonder if the rat can feed him some better dialogue instead =)

LMAO in our pathetic, geeky dreams.... laughing out loud

queeq
Well, if it works...

LORD JLRTENJAC
Man... this is late...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t472600.html

And yet, this one gets the more posts...

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
Man... this is late...

"most" man... use correct grammar, jedi youngling.

hehe always pisses him off when you call him youngling smile

hes a "sith lord" stick out tongue smokin' Happy Dance smokin' Happy Dance smokin' stick out tongue

queeq
Man... this is late...

Life's not fair.

sithsaber408
Man... this is late...

That's because it's an EU thread.

evil face

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
pretty much.... a lot more people have watched the movie then played kotor and read alot of geeky novels...

General G
KOTOR is fun.

Lord Knightfa11
I love kotor so much should I keep mycurrent avvy or this one?

Stun
it's got quite a unique look considering it's just an animated version of the cartoon style. Cant really comment more until i SEE more thoughwink

queeq
I didn't like KOTOR much...

exanda kane
I enjoyed it, and I don't usually go for games. Would be a shame if they had to stoop to making a film out of it though. They shouldn't need game developers to write a decent story for them.

queeq
I had hoped for a more action packed game.

General G
Wrong game for that then.

sithsaber408
Battlefront II with playable Jedi on the other hand...Awesome. cool

queeq
Exactly... I always thought KOTOR was more like that. I thought that even before BFII came out. But I found it slow and not very exciting. I like these puzzle one player games, but I want some action as well. More like the Dark Forces series.

Originally posted by General G
Wrong game for that then.

Yup, found out too late.

General G
Then perhaps try The Force Unleashed when it comes out...looks VERY action packed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by sithsaber408

On Friday, Aug 15th, we'll be getting the first 3 episodes of The Clone Wars CG seires as a theatrical release.

The **** ????

I thought this movie and the the new series was gonna be two different things.......well from what i heard anyway.

exanda kane
Exactly... I always thought KOTOR was more like that. I thought that even before BFII came out. But I found it slow and not very exciting. I like these puzzle one player games, but I want some action as well. More like the Dark Forces series.

I enjoyed the characters and stories a lot and ended up plaing around with all the dialogue options than anyone really should. I think it must have come out around the same time AotC did, so the comparisons between clunky movie dialogue and somewhat less clunky videogame dialogue were pretty obvious. Yet I get what you mean about action.

queeq
Then perhaps try The Force Unleashed when it comes out...looks VERY action packed.

It does, unfortunately it doesn't come out for the PC... and I don't feel like getting a game console for just that.

General G
Ah, true, well, give it time, it very well could come out for the PC...other games did a while later.

Alliance
DAMN LUCAS FOR DRAGGING ME BACK HERE!

Anyone have the Hyperspace Wallpapers?

General G
Alliance!!!

I do not.

queeq
ALLIANCE!!! Welcome back, dude. Happy Dance

Alliance
Yes...apparently I am commin back now.
*breaks into song*

sithsaber408
Indeed, the new film will have plenty of clones.

"Here they come!" smile

queeq
Oh yeah... I forgot about his clone obsession... wink

Alliance
Yeah, why are they in Jabba's palace? It seems awkward the Hutts would have an alliance with the Reps.

And don't forget the Sep ass kicking. A new Movie and 100 episodes of SEP ASS KICKING!

queeq
Yup... the man is back.

Alliance
I never left...me.

ha-son

LORD JLRTENJAC
"most" man... use correct grammar, jedi youngling.

hehe always pisses him off when you call him youngling smile

hes a "sith lord" stick out tongue smokin' Happy Dance

Never was actually angry about that, I really don't care what you call me. I was only joking. smile

Life's not fair.

Never said it was, never said it should be, just stating an observation.

That's because it's an EU thread.

evil face

That's because it's an EU topic. smile

I love kotor so much should I keep mycurrent avvy or this one?

You and Nactous would get along quite well.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The **** ????

I thought this movie and the the new series was gonna be two different things.......well from what i heard anyway.

Nope, same thing.

queeq
There's alos the live action series... starring Boba. But that'll take a while.

Alliance
Thank God.

Lucas is really taking a risk with this. If this is released into theatres and does poorly, he's going to have a hardass time getting the show put through, and getting the future show done.

I'm almost kind of surprised that he didn't take the Movie-Series approach with the Live Action show and just leave the cartoon to the series (which has proven to work).

I often question whether there will be enough substance in thsi cartoon to HAVE a movie, especially with characters like the ARCs, commandos, Durge, Ventress, etc that are familiar to fans, but not the general audiences.

LORD JLRTENJAC
There's alos the live action series... starring Boba. But that'll take a while.

Starring Boba?

Alliance
It does not.

Kazenji

Nope, same thing.

Well......this movie is gonna have a seperate storyline to the actual series

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
It does not.

Last rumors say he would actually play an important role. Since it's situated between ROTS and ANH, it's quite possible.

Alliance
Well, no rumor says will not be STARRING.

queeq
Not as an actor no... I see you haven't lost you knack at nitpicking.

Alliance
I like accuracy.

queeq
Annoyingly...

exanda kane
Thank God.

Welcome back Alliance, nice to see you and your poor as daft signatures again.

He may in fact take the approach of shoving the first few episodes of the live action series into the Cinema's. I guess this'll be a test run as things go.

queeq
You think? That's rather surprising.

Alliance
Originally posted by exanda kane
Welcome back Alliance, nice to see you and your poor as daft signatures again.

He may in fact take the approach of shoving the first few episodes of the live action series into the Cinema's. I guess this'll be a test run as things go.

Thank you, I'm out of practice.

And yes, I feel it certianly is a test run. And I sincerely think that since the episodes aren't supposed to be contiguous (as the previous series) that the movie itself will be a containted plotline. If its supposed to be immediately after AOTC, I wonder if they will expand on the Geonosis sequence to what they had originally planned in the films?

But it certainly is a test run, hence the riskiness. There could be a lot of public backlash over animated Star Wars, especially from the general public.

"Kid Stuff" they'll call it.

exanda kane
You think? That's rather surprising.

/Whipcrashsmash.

Sincerely I hope that the series actually works and is worth watching, for the general public aswell as well-honed neophytes, even if the theatre release is a tad insincere. Hopefully I'll be kept happy by a supply of Underworld characters; Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Scoundrels all vying for a piece of the action. Something tells me this is melodramatic Jedi fare though.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well......this movie is gonna have a seperate storyline to the actual series

It will be the first 3 or 4 episodes of the up-coming Clone Wars TV series.

Kazenji
It will be the first 3 or 4 episodes of the up-coming Clone Wars TV series.

News to me......

ANd also that idea is a stupid one imo and this is what it has on the star wars wiki

queeq
Sounds like a long pilot episode to me..

Alliance
Yeah, I've stated before why it WON'T be a sandwich of the first episodes.

Its a long pilot, but it will be a story into itself. Stargarte comes to mind with the intitial film followed by a TV series (though that wasn't as planned or contiguous as this).

queeq
I think so too. Stargate is not a great comparison since the series is a spinoff, but I understand whatcha mean. GL is just doing new stuff...

exanda kane
How is this forum addressing the Clone Wars movie considering it is blurring the barriers between EU and film canon a bit?

queeq
Good call. Just waiting for a tv series forum to be opened...

Actually, this would be a good time.

Alliance
This forum is addressing it becuase the entire series takes place between AOTC and ROTS. And, because its becomming a movie, I really think that we can start to view the Clone Wars series, the The Clone Wars series and movie as Lucas' NEW canon.

queeq
Yes, it is a righful place for now. But I hope to get a separate forum for it.

exanda kane
I guess Alliance is right and good call ona TV series forum.

Spontanteous lightbulb idea: A Clone Wars imitation of Platoon with Clonetroopers instead of US soldiers?

queeq
Moving Day... into the new forum!

Elite Hunter
PARTY Happy Dance

queeq
Oh yeah.. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Elite Hunter
Queeq is the rules for this similar to the OT/PT forum or can I bring in the EU?

Alliance
THis is a horrible idea.

THIS IS A MOVIE, NOT A TV SERIES. (initially)

General G
Apparently, don't quote me on this, but Grievous may have a big role in this, which, as I am sure you all know, will make me happy smile

Hopefully seeing him kill many Jedi.

And does this mean we can use this series as canon in other SW areas?

Alliance
yes, which is why it should not be in this retarded two thread forum

LORD JLRTENJAC
Apparently, don't quote me on this, but Grievous may have a big role in this, which, as I am sure you all know, will make me happy smile

Hopefully seeing him kill many Jedi.

And does this mean we can use this series as canon in other SW areas?

Why do you people have such a problem viewing the EU as canon?

Alliance
Because its not.

Rogue Jedi
It's official!

Source:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance eek! eek! eek! This looks like CRAP.

queeq
yes, which is why it should not be in this retarded two thread forum

Shut up, dude. You know full well the feature animated film is the kick-off for the television series. We have no idea about it's status canonwise. It's the more elegant solution.

An dyou know the rule: if you don't like it, post somewhere else.

Alliance
This isn't a book or a game or something that Lucas had a hand in or creative oversight.

IMO, anything that he is primarily in control of is canon. That includes the Clone Wars series and the The Clone Wars series and movie.

queeq
Where does it differ from the Clone Wars, Ewoks, Droids, Caravan of Courage?

Plus I think it's a nice separation from the live action movies. Lucas always said the Skywalker story is over, now he's continuing... it's rather confusing.

So we discuss the old Clone Wars as well in here.

Besides we have a PT forum, and OT forum and a EU forum. This series fits in neither of these forums, and merging OT and PT doesn't sound like a good idea for now. But maybe in the future we will do that.

Just accept it and fill this new forum with your lovely signature Clone love.

Alliance
But this really is the PT....

Ushgarak
Opinions on canon are like raindrops. It's rather early for us to be forming a policy on it yet for this area as we have very little to go on. Our policy elsewhere is based on what we could gather from decent sources.

Much later we can come to a decision on this. For now I'd just recommend people be aware that the series may or may not be paying attention to EU elements.

queeq
But this really is the PT....

PT=Prequel TRIlogy... TRI means three.... This film would make it PQ=Prequel Quadrilogy... and that is not official. As Ush said, we don't know if this is EU or canon yet.
And even then... it's NOT PT and it's animated and purposely aimed at TV. The pilot is theatrical, but it's still for tv.

exanda kane
Am I allowed to declare militant action on the Prequels in this forum?

Alliance
PT=Prequel TRIlogy... TRI means three.... This film would make it PQ=Prequel Quadrilogy... and that is not official. As Ush said, we don't know if this is EU or canon yet.
And even then... it's NOT PT and it's animated and purposely aimed at TV. The pilot is theatrical, but it's still for tv.

Sooner or later, people are going to have to realize that the Trilogies are over.

"While at Imagina 2007, Rob Coleman revealed that George Lucas is heavily involved in every step of the production, from script to final completion." - Wookiepedia

This is the new Star Wars. Like it or not, its going to be canon. It will integrate EU elements, but it seems as if its simply cannonizing them.

Look at how Lucas took the third Season of Clone Wars. It led directly into ROTS, setting up the entire film. Now honestly, since this is truely Lucas' project, even down to its assuredly horrible script, how can you even consider that this will not be canon? Its absurd. Canon doesn't end with ROTS. The live-action TV series will be treated the same way...canon. It doesn't matter what media it is produced for. If anything, a theatrical release gives it MORE credibility. What canon comes down to is Lucas involvement, which, for this case, is unpreceidented in an "only by the stringest of definitions" EU project.

exanda kane
Meelytont Akschon!

Ushgarak
It led directly into ROTS, setting up the entire film.

Sorry, but so did the novels (in a different way) and there is no official consideration that the cartoon is right and the novels were wrong. He gave the novel writers just as much info and support as the Clone Wars writers.

GL has been heavily 'involved' in all sorts of stuff that was not canon. There may be a certain likelihood of this being so but the fact remains that is extremely premature to make statements about its canonicity at this point, hence the official policy here must remain open-minded.

I am afraid you saying that canon comes down to GL's involvment is an opinion, not a fact. What is a fact is that he has been known to have significant involvment in things that are EU.

Canon arguments are ugly and will block up this thread so that's pretty much the final word on the matter for now. Please do not keep this thread off-topic; simply discuss the series.

queeq
And I thought Alliance would be happy to have an entire forum dedicated to his beloved clones...

S_D_J
New forum... Cool

now we can get back to "Luca$ wants your money" discussions

queeq
In FOUR forums!

Nactous
As the person who broke this story a while back. stick out tongue, I have to say that the most exciting thing about it is the potential to finally blend Movie and EU "canon"(I hate that word), further blurring the Movie purists Nazi views how " only things in the movies 'actually' happened in the timeline."

sweersa
I think the people that are bashful towards the CGI of this series need to realize that it is stylized animation. Its not supposed to look 100% real, it has a style to it, sort of like Jimmy Neutron if you will. Its CGI, but not made to pass as live action.

I am pretty excited about the whole thing actually. More Star Wars!

queeq
Darth Neutron.

Alliance
Die.

queeq
Why?

General G
That was harsh.

Admiral Akbar
That was harsh.

lol...typical Alliance..

Alliance
typical off-topicness that should stop pervading SW threads.

Admiral Akbar

True.

queeq

You have a dictatorial streak since your return, Alliance. What have you been smoking?

vintageSW77
im not that interested or hyped about this series at all

Alliance
You have a dictatorial streak since your return, Alliance. What have you been smoking?

Perhaps my time off led me to see why Mods are supposed to help keep threads on topic? It turely is annoying to read through pages of one line banter.

I'm all for off-topicness, in threads like the Milk Bar.

Originally posted by vintageSW77
im not that interested or hyped about this series at all

Is this surprising? I get the feeling that you haven't really been enthused about SW in about...25 years.

I'm psyched, then again, this is something I've desperately wanted (though its not live action) and I see strong merit to the PT.

queeq
I hope the series won't disappoint you then, Alliance. As I hope it will not disappoint us all.

Can't wait to take the kids there. Hope it comes out in Europe around the same time as in the US. No idea where I would have to go and see the tv series though.

Admiral Akbar
Anything by made by George Lucas would spell trouble, maybe even disaster. Since this movie has nothing to do with Lucas it still has hope. smile

queeq
How do you know it has nothing to do with Lucas. I think he's right there supervising everything.

Admiral Akbar
Maybe indirectly involved..but he certainly didn't create the clone wars movie..how could he after all...he was working on Indiana Jones stick out tongue

queeq
Spielberg did that.

Alliance
Akbar, Lucas even wrote some of the script. He was INVOLVED in this.

Admiral Akbar
Spielberg did that.

Yeah I know..but Lucas was the executive producer..I'm sure they do something :P

Admiral Akbar
Akbar, Lucas even wrote some of the script. He was INVOLVED in this.

Oh yeah...the script. I don't have any problems with that. I was talking more along the lines of creating the movie. Like with the OT, he wrote the scripts, but I believe someone else directed the movies. Just as long as he doesn't take FULL control of the project I have hope.

queeq
He's always taken full control of the major SW efforts. I'm sure he thinks this is one too.

Kapton JAC
Then he excommunicated it from his story when it didn't turn out perfect.

queeq
He's perfecting it with the animated series.

Alliance
honestly, since hes not going to be so focused on the Skywalkers, he may actually improve.

Then again, contrary to most, I like the PT better than the OT.

queeq
And, not contrary to most, I find that odd. Honestly, take out the Clones and then how do you like the PT?

Alliance
I think the story is better (though not as well executed), I think the characters are deeper, and visually they're simply amazing.

Its the Space Epic to the OT's Space Opera.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>