10,000 B.c.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rainx
Hearing good things. I think this will be quite a hit. Ayeyeyeyeyeyee yi yi yee!

Impediment
Meh. It looks like the usual "popcorn flick" that Emerich would make. I might see it, but not likely until DVD.

JediSamuraiMRB
Not sure about the cast choices for this. I may go to a free screening.

jaden101
looks terrible...i thought apocalypto was rubbish...this looks even worse

Rainx
Gibson makes some quality movies, if 10,000 B.C. is anything like his other films we're all in for a real treasure.

DethRose
It looks like it will suck.

MildPossession
Mel Gibson has nothing to do with this movie RainX.

As for the film maker for 10,000 BC, I'm not big on any of his movies so it will not be a cinema trip for me, just dvd viewing.

jaden101
Originally posted by Rainx
Gibson makes some quality movies, if 10,000 B.C. is anything like his other films we're all in for a real treasure.

it has no mel gibson connection....it's just the style and plot seem similar

ragesRemorse
Not a fan of Rolan Emerich, at all. No matter how hard i try to avoid his movies, however, i always end up willingly watching them. I'll be looking forward to devoting a saturday night when this movie debuts on HBO.

Dusty
Looks like horse shit.

WrathfulDwarf
Pop-corn flick with tons of CGI....nothing more...nothing less. This will most likely give an erection to all the Social Darwins out there.

Blax_Hydralisk
This movie looks boring as hell.

The whole Caveman era thing never really appealed to me.

Faith27
I'm not familiar with this..Is this like 300?

super pr*xy
nothing like 300.

JediSamuraiMRB
I am going to pay my $6.00 so I can see the new Dark Knight trailer. After that I'm walking out.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I am going to pay my $6.00 so I can see the new Dark Knight trailer. After that I'm walking out.

Major props! thumb up

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
This movie looks boring as hell.

The whole Caveman era thing never really appealed to me.

It does to me. Prehistoric mammals have always interested me. Especially since scientists have intact mammoth hair in their possesion.

And I have no idea why pyramids are in the movie.

jaden101
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
It does to me. Prehistoric mammals have always interested me. Especially since scientists have intact mammoth hair in their possesion.

i have no idea why they speak english in this movie

=Tired Hiker=
I don't need to see this movie . . . . . I lived it. raver

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

It's a fantasy movie, I think the premise is that there is an (more) advanced civilization, as compared to your typical hunter-gatherer hut dweller (films hero) of the Mesolithic era.

regina414
Sabertooth tigers are featured in this film.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I don't need to see this movie . . . . . I lived it. raver

Pee Wee's Big Adventure! big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by regina414
Sabertooth tigers are featured in this film.

NO WAY!?

Kazenji
I'l most likey see this film something original and finally something original from Emmerich since stargate.

regina414
Originally posted by Robtard
NO WAY!?

Yes. But they are not real, anyway. Lol

fini
ummm Egyptians are not the only ones that made pyramids.

The Aztec and Mayan cultures made huge pyramids too, just it was more anglular.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Pee Wee's Big Adventure! big grin big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by fini
ummm Egyptians are not the only ones that made pyramids.

The Aztec and Mayan cultures made huge pyramids too, just it was more anglular.

I believe these pyramids are of the sloping (ie Egyptian) variety.

fini
hmmmm now why on earth would they make the pyramids look like that????? ( btw you are right Robtard)

although they both made pyramids there was a distinct difference between them.

Here's a pic of the pyramid from the movie
http://movies.ign.com/dor/10000-bc/774705/images/10000-bc-20080225103758504.html?page=mediaFull

up to where the step rises is where pyramids in the Americas used to be build up to. The ones found in Mexico and Egypt are mathematically precise, but the ones in the ( present day) US are not.

Kazenji
Well heres a reason why pyramids are in it

FlappingMangera
This is the kind of movie I secretly really want to see but I don't tell my friends.

Kelly_Bean
I really want to see this, it looks so great! I'm so excited for it.

regina414
Cute Camilla Belle is in this film.

FistOfThe North
Yea, i'll most likely check this film out tommorow. Looks cool.

And it'll be something to do on a fri. evening after work. Wish it came out on imax but i called and they said no.

Mark Question
Anyone check this out yet?

Robtard
It completely and thoroughly sucked unwashed ass; I've seen better film on teeth.

It did have a few interesting points though:

1) "White Man" = Evil
2) Even 12,000 years ago, the Black man was following around and doing the White man's bidding.

Mark Question
It completely and thoroughly sucked unwashed ass; I've seen better film on teeth.

I'm not shocked by this review.

The Black Ghost

It did have a few interesting points though:

1) "White Man" = Evil
2) Even 12,000 years ago, the Black man was following around and doing the White man's bidding.

Hmm...so this is an educational movie, eh?

Prince Nauj
did those big birds really excist?! They sure were weird looking

dadudemon
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
did those big birds really excist?! They sure were weird looking

Yes. They are called Giant Moas. I don't think they were carnivores.

Also, the movie ranged all over. I have no idea where this movie took place. It seemed to be the America's, New Zealand, then the middle east.

I don't think it was intended to be accurate...but rather just a fantasy world.

I thought it was funny to reference the God-like people as both aliens (paying tribute to those who believe the pyramids had an influence from extraterrestrials) and the people whose land sunk into the waters. (i.e. Atlantians.) I believe I have evidence that they were supposed to be the Atlantians. Note the portion of the movie when they identified the "Hunter" that they feared: It appears that there is a land mass on the map that is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

My review:

I gave the movie a 6 out of 10. The special effects were well above average because the great care paid to action. You get a real sense of awe during some sequences of the movie. However, the inaccuracies in the movie detracted from the underlying or intended portrayal of the movie being accurate to around the time of the title. Acting was not top notch by any means, but the film did have its moments. I expected more from this film considering its advertising "hype". Some portions of the film seemed to drag a bit. The "awe" moments could have been done better. The romance of the film could have been developed better so that the viewer could have grown more attached to the characters and their predicament...instead we spend the film watching this attachment unfold without first establishing a stronger connection, for the viewer, to that "attachment".

Some portions of the film are REALLY great just audio/visual experience: they rumble your balls of the seat,. yes wink

In conclusion, this film makes me wonder if Hollywood even has accuracy consultants. Some films are MUCH better than others, so I digress.

Robtard
They weren't Moas, as Moas lacked wings and had much smaller beaks. They were supposed to be Terror Birds, but Terror Birds were extinct long before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_Birds
http://darrennaish.blogspot.com/2006/10/terror-birds.html

dadudemon
They weren't Moas, as Moas lacked wings and had much smaller beaks. They were supposed to be Terror Birds, but Terror Birds were extinct long before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_Birds
http://darrennaish.blogspot.com/2006/10/terror-birds.html

Great. thumb up. Seriously, I don't remember anything specific about the birds as I had already made up my mind about them being Giant Moas from the get go...so naturally, I didn't pay attention to the anatomical features such as their atrophied wings..which should have given away, for me, that they were terror birds...in fact, terror birds never crossed my mind. This is why two heads are better than one....or rather, just your head is better than this one. big grin

I found something to confirm what you said:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23486307/#storyContinued

Kazenji
I'm too sure about seeing this film now seen a few bad reviews.

FistOfThe North
i'll see this one after work today (@ home).

That and "Jumper". They should be done by the time i get home.

jaden101
go for all the good films dont you?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jaden101
go for all the good films dont you?

No.

I regrettably saw Cloverfield at the theatres.

jaden101
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
No.

I regrettably saw Cloverfield at the theatres.

HA HAAAA...THAT'S FUNNY...YOU'RE FUNNY

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/F/S/amdadStan_72.jpg

FistOfThe North
HA HAAAA...THAT'S FUNNY...YOU'RE FUNNY

o.. k?

your posting of the american dad cartoon was funny, too.....cause he's (kinda) funny....

hmm, i was being serious on that prior, you know.

............. ....

SnakeEyes
If you didn't understand jaden, he was taking a shot at your movie interests since you are going to see 2 movies that'll most likely suck and have been known to suck. I can't really blame him either. I find it hard to respect one's taste if they're like "Oh man, Cloverfield sucks. Let me list some GOOD movies! *insert some mediocre/poor films here*"

jaden101
o.. k?

your posting of the american dad cartoon was funny, too.....cause he's (kinda) funny....

hmm, i was being serious on that prior, you know.

............. ....

what snake eyes said

the posting of stan was because in one episode he says something which clearly isn't funny...starts laughing and says "that's funny...i'm funny"

i thought i better put the pic in or noone would get the reference

regina414
This reminds me of Apocalypto.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
If you didn't understand jaden, he was taking a shot at your movie interests since you are going to see 2 movies that'll most likely suck and have been known to suck. I can't really blame him either. I find it hard to respect one's taste if they're like "Oh man, Cloverfield sucks. Let me list some GOOD movies! *insert some mediocre/poor films here*"

you mean "*insert some films snakeeyes thinks are mediocre/poor films, here*"

Thing is, i've never said "jumper" and "10g bc" were good. I haven't even watched 'em yet. (didn't even go home yesterday).

And i heard "jumper" was good and 4 people, since last weekend, have personally told me that they liked "10g bc". But i'll be the judge of that.

And about tastes, people tastes in movies are something i feel indifferent about. To each his own opinion.

I think a person whom regards a persons movie tastes are doing so based on what they like or don't like. And that's dumb. The whole world doesn't revolve around one persons taste or view. Many different people like many different things.

jaden101

I think a person whom regards a persons movie tastes are doing so based on what they like or don't like. And that's dumb. The whole world doesn't revolve around one persons taste or view. Many different people like many different things.

good point

although try telling your last point to Mark Kermode...i swear that man thinks he is the font of all knowlege when it comes to films

FistOfThe North
good point

although try telling your last point to Mark Kermode...i swear that man thinks he is the font of all knowlege when it comes to films

Who's Mark Kermode?

jaden101
Who's Mark Kermode?

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=mark+kermode&search_type=

pick a video and prepare to want to murder someone due to the pretentiousness of the man

Robtard
http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=mark+kermode&search_type=

pick a video and prepare to want to murder someone due to the pretentiousness of the man

He looks like a tosser. Should have his ass kicked just for that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1925000/images/_1926569_kermode_150.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.