Cyclops vs. Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Fights in some jungle , by day. That way it's fair for old Cyclops. They start off in opposite sides of the jungle and have to hunt each other down.

Darth Martin
Cyclops 10/10.

guy222
scott

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Faceman
Fights in some jungle , by day. That way it's fair for old Cyclops. They start off in opposite sides of the jungle and have to hunt each other down. Seems to me that Daredevil has a major edge in the jungle, especially since the opponents have to hunt each other. Daredevil can get the drop on Cyke in this environment.

Scott's good, but Daredevil is better in this arena.

Estacado
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Seems to me that Daredevil has a major edge in the jungle, especially since the opponents have to hunt each other. Daredevil can get the drop on Cyke in this environment.

Scott's good, but Daredevil is better in this arena.
How about Scott takes off his visor?

Blind
Scotty, 10/10.

Are you serious? I mean, come on... hand to hand combat, a big blast that can decimate half the jungle itself? I don't have a copy of the scan, but do you remember the scene where Cyke does that, and Wolverine's like, "It's times like this I remember why you're in charge." Remember that??? Yeah, Daredevil may or may not get the jump, but if Cyclops wants to seriously hurt him, it'd be over pretty quick.

endrict
DD better knock out Cyke quickly. Once the visor comes off the fight is over.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Blind
Are you serious? I mean, come on... hand to hand combat, a big blast that can decimate half the jungle itself? I don't have a copy of the scan, but do you remember the scene where Cyke does that, and Wolverine's like, "It's times like this I remember why you're in charge." Remember that??? Yeah, Daredevil may or may not get the jump, but if Cyclops wants to seriously hurt him, it'd be over pretty quick. The "Get Off My Lawn" blast was to get rid of a Sentinel that was attacking the mansion. Scott could do the same to Daredevil here, but I just don't see him having the motivation to do so.

Daredevil will find Scott first (that part isn't debatable, considering DD's senses), and with his stealth training, could get in close enough to take him down quickly.

Look, I'm a huge Cyclops fan, but this deck is just stacked in Daredevil's favor!

Darth Martin
If you stipulate that Cyclops is not allowed to take off his visor or perform the infamous "Get Off My Lawn" blast then Daredevil has a serious chance seeing how he could sense and predict where Scott is going to shoot. Daredevil is around peak human in the agility and speed category and definately has the stealth advantage in this fight.

Badabing
Bloodlusted Cyclops levels the jungle as he walks.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Badabing
Bloodlusted Cyclops levels the jungle as he walks. sad Sadly yes.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If you stipulate that Cyclops is not allowed to take off his visor or perform the infamous "Get Off My Lawn" blast then Daredevil has a serious chance seeing how he could sense and predict where Scott is going to shoot. Daredevil is around peak human in the agility and speed category and definately has the stealth advantage in this fight. I agree.

I also agree that if Cyclops uses an OML blast, that's it for Daredevil, but unless Cyclops is bloodlusted, I don't see him doing that to a human.

Darth Martin
Also Cyclops isn't that bad of a fighter. Not on Daredevil's level of course but enough to hold his own for a while.

endrict
I agree.

I also agree that if Cyclops uses an OML blast, that's it for Daredevil, but unless Cyclops is bloodlusted, I don't see him doing that to a human.

But Cyke is a major dick and is better a tactics than DD.

xmarksthespot
These days Cyke will kill anyone who gets in his way. haermm

Eternal Idol
Cyclops is a pretty good fighter in his own right, and could lay waste to Daredevil using his optic blasts if it the fight went toe-to-toe. Daredevil could only hope to win with a quick knockout, or with a surprise attack.

Cyclops for the majority.

jrodslam
I think DD could evade Cykes optic blasts if they were regular shots. DD would also stomp him in h2h as well. The only way i see Cyclops winning is via a "Get off my lawn!" type blast.

xmarksthespot
If DD did manage to get close enough for hand to hand combat, what exactly is stopping Cyclops from blasting the target right in front of his face...? ermm

jrodslam
^ A one hit takedown.erm

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If DD did manage to get close enough for hand to hand combat, what exactly is stopping Cyclops from blasting the target right in front of his face...? ermm

nothing... alot of people (nobody in particular), seem to assume that cyclops can't use his beams to augment his h2h capabilities...

xmarksthespot
The closer he is the less able he'll be to get out of the way of any focussed blasts from Cyclops. Assuming Cyclops doesn't do any trick shots and assuming he decides not to do any wider area blasts. And then while avoiding Cyclops blasts, he'd manage to get close enough and land a vital blow, while still avoiding Cyclops blasts, perfectly (presumably) the first time?

A frontal assault wouldn't be a wise choice imo. I would assume Daredevil would have to come from the side or behind.

The terrain definitely suits him, but even if Cyclops doesn't go postal on the jungle, he can still clear a suitable area around him so that surprising him would be a challenge. Tactically if it's something I can come up with, it's something he can come up with.

jrodslam
Hey, the augmentation wouldnt help much imo unless Cyke goes for the mega blast.erm

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8759/ddkocykeoh9qr0.th.png

Acrosurge
Originally posted by pr1983
nothing... alot of people (nobody in particular), seem to assume that cyclops can't use his beams to augment his h2h capabilities... And its a shame. Cyclops is really a very dangerous fighter and tactical leader. It's just that I think Daredevil is smart enough to come in from behind and deliver a 1-hit KO.

Of course, as Xmarks pointed out, Cyclops could clear an area of the jungle around himself and remove Daredevil's advantage. He's definitely smart enough to do that.

Man, I can't believe Scott is getting so much love here, and I like that a lot! smile Makes me wonder what would happen if somebody inserted Wolverine instead of Daredevil. Would the outcome change?

pr1983
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hey, the augmentation wouldnt help much imo unless Cyke goes for the mega blast.erm

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8759/ddkocykeoh9qr0.th.png

cyclops>batman>daredevil... stick out tongue

And its a shame. Cyclops is really a very dangerous fighter and tactical leader. It's just that I think Daredevil is smart enough to come in from behind and deliver a 1-hit KO.

Of course, as Xmarks pointed out, Cyclops could clear an area of the jungle around himself and remove Daredevil's advantage. He's definitely smart enough to do that.

Man, I can't believe Scott is getting so much love here, and I like that a lot! smile Makes me wonder what would happen if somebody inserted Wolverine instead of Daredevil. Would the outcome change?

lol, no idea...

i'd always seen cyke as the kind of guy who would fight using his blasts as an extra arm or leg... he has buttons in his gloves to open his visor, and the one he has now seems to work purely on whether he wants to open it or not...

if he manages to block a punch, why wouldnt he just blast his opponent rather than try to punch back?

he was accurate enough to break a guy's nose from distance, im sure he can blast someone hard enough to put them down without killing them...

xmarksthespot
Hey, the augmentation wouldnt help much imo unless Cyke goes for the mega blast.erm It doesn't need to be a megablast to be a wider area blast. Assuming he keeps the visor on, the width of his blasts are psionically determined, the visor only controls the height. And these days opening the visor doesn't seem to require the use of his hands, so it would be an independent weapon in addition to his (lesser than Daredevil obviously) but proficient hand to hand skills.

I don't really get the sequence of the scan though, Daredevil dodges Cyclops blast then manages to get back into the path of Cyclops blast the next panel to punch him... why didn't Cyclops just keep on blasting...

Acrosurge

lol, no idea...

i'd always seen cyke as the kind of guy who would fight using his blasts as an extra arm or leg... he has buttons in his gloves to open his visor, and the one he has now seems to work purely on whether he wants to open it or not...

if he manages to block a punch, why wouldnt he just blast his opponent rather than try to punch back?

he was accurate enough to break a guy's nose from distance, im sure he can blast someone hard enough to put them down without killing them... That is precisely how I've always seen Cyke's HtH abilities; an integration of of striking and optic blasts. The guy is dangerous, and its about time everybody stopped using the 90s toon as a measure of him.

jrodslam

Where did that come from? laughing

lol, no idea...

he was accurate enough to break a guy's nose from distance, im sure he can blast someone hard enough to put them down without killing them...

I do agree that Cyclops is a surgeon with his optic blasts and is highly accurate. Much respect to him.

pr1983
That is precisely how I've always seen Cyke's HtH abilities; an integration of of striking and optic blasts. The guy is dangerous, and its about time everybody stopped using the 90s toon as a measure of him.

he was pretty awesome in the toon though... stick out tongue

Where did that come from? laughing

just that batman and dd are likened so much, and in that crappy jla x-men crossover, cyclops knocked batman on his ass...

yup...

if dd can get close stealthily, he should take it, but cyke just has that ranged advantage, and in forum matches he's bloodlusted, so...

jrodslam
It doesn't need to be a megablast to be a wider area blast. Assuming he keeps the visor on, the width of his blasts are psionically determined, the visor only controls the height. And these days opening the visor doesn't seem to require the use of his hands, so it would be an independent weapon in addition to his (lesser than Daredevil obviously) but proficient hand to hand skills.

I don't really get the sequence of the scan though, Daredevil dodges Cyclops blast then manages to get back into the path of Cyclops blast the next panel to punch him... why didn't Cyclops just keep on blasting...

True it can just be a wider blast, but with them startin out at different ends of the jungle, i dont think that would do much to better his chances. Up close, yes the wider blast would be much more difficult to evade and may indeed put DD down. I feel that because DD isnt unfamiliar with Cyke, he may just try to close the gap asap and get that stun/paralyze hit on him.

On the scan, DD used to billy club to close the gap while cyke was shooting. I guess he used his ninja speed to leap at him fast enough to get the hit.

Faceman
I would have to agree, up close and personal DD's taking it. Now in a ranged attack it surely favor's Cyclops. Lets not under estimate DD's close range speed. The guy has avoided close range gun fire on multiple occasions...

jrodslam
just that batman and dd are likened so much, and in that crappy jla x-men crossover, cyclops knocked batman on his ass...

Oh yea? Lol. I didnt read that nor have i heard about that part. EVER, lol. Ouch.

yup...

if dd can get close stealthily, he should take it, but cyke just has that ranged advantage, and in forum matches he's bloodlusted, so...

Are contestants bloodlusted in all battles? I thought it was only so if stated by the OP. If they are both bloodlusted here, and they start out as far apart as they do, then Cyke wins this easily. I dont think thats the case here though.

xmarksthespot
Meh, regardless of bloodlust current Cyclops doesn't seem to have an aversion to killing if he deems it necessary, and a forest leveling blast wouldn't necessarily kill DD anyway...

pr1983
I would have to agree, up close and personal DD's taking it. Now in a ranged attack it surely favor's Cyclops. Lets not under estimate DD's close range speed. The guy has avoided close range gun fire on multiple occasions...

cyclops' accuracy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any thug/punisher... stick out tongue

Oh yea? Lol. I didnt read that nor have i heard about that part. EVER, lol. Ouch.

Are contestants bloodlusted in all battles? I thought it was only so if stated by the OP. If they are both bloodlusted here, and they start out as far apart as they do, then Cyke wins this easily. I dont think thats the case here though.

i'd always assumed they were bloodlusted unless the maker said otherwise...

xmarksthespot
i'd always assumed they were bloodlusted unless the maker said otherwise... The rules actually say CIS applies iirc... everyone generally ignores that though.

Thor is Godblasting left and right.
Blackbolt is yodeling.
IW puts bubbles in everyone's brain while Johnny goes nova.
Storm is dropping the multiverse on dome pieces.

pr1983
The rules actually say CIS applies iirc... everyone generally ignores that though.

Blackbolt is yodeling.

damn majority...

jrodslam
cyclops' accuracy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any thug/punisher... stick out tongue

Maybe, but Bullseye's accuracy>>>>>>>>>>>>Cyclops.shifty

i'd always assumed they were bloodlusted unless the maker said otherwise...

Oh. I dont know. Maybe.erm

Faceman
They are not bloodlusted because they're both heroes...Besides, haven't I helped Cyclops out enough by making the fight during daylight ?

pr1983
Maybe, but Bullseye's accuracy>>>>>>>>>>>>Cyclops.shifty

maybe, but it could be argued that cyclops is literally second only to bullseye...

meh...

Faceman
stick out tongue

pr1983
stick out tongue

big grin nice sig btw...

jrodslam
maybe, but it could be argued that cyclops is literally second only to bullseye...

Hmm. Hawkeye, Taskmaster possibly Gambit.

pr1983
Hmm. Hawkeye, Taskmaster possibly Gambit.

gambit? please...

Faceman
big grin nice sig btw...

Thanks pr, Inhuman is a God, when it comes to making sigs... yes

pr1983
Thanks pr, Inhuman is a God, when it comes to making sigs... yes

seems so...

jrodslam
gambit? please...

Gambit has pretty good accuracy. I mean just with the cards alone which are light pieces of paper are thrown with tremendous accuaracy. Think about wind factor and range. And he still manages to be on target most of the time. Just saying.

pr1983
Gambit has pretty good accuracy. I mean just with the cards alone which are light pieces of paper are thrown with tremendous accuaracy. Think about wind factor and range. And he still manages to be on target most of the time. Just saying.

the charge imo adds weight to em, and even if it doesnt, there are lots of people who've learned to throw cards with accuracy and speed...

now, take it back. uhuh

Faceman

Agreed the guy's a beast. It just seems that Cyclops is better disciplined, and a bit more tactical.

jrodslam
the charge imo adds weight to em, and even if it doesnt, there are lots of people who've learned to throw cards with accuracy and speed...

now, take it back. uhuh

I can only name about 2 others who can throw it with accuracy and speed and thats Bullseye and Madrox. Noone matches Bullseye in range and force though.

jrodslam
Agreed the guy's a beast. It just seems that Cyclops is better disciplined, and a bit more tactical.

I think its way harder for Gambit to be good at throwing cards than it is for Cyke to shoot his blasts. I do agree that Cyke is the more tactical.

pr1983
I can only name about 2 others who can throw it with accuracy and speed and thats Bullseye and Madrox. Noone matches Bullseye in range and force though.

i was talking real life actually...

and optic blast>charged card... 13

jrodslam
i was talking real life actually...

and optic blast>charged card... 13

Oh, lol.

Yes, optic blast>charged card.

pr1983
Oh, lol.

Yes, optic blast>charged card.

big grin

im not saying gambit isnt accurate, but for me cyke is on a whole other level...

Endrict Nuul
big grin

im not saying gambit isnt accurate, but for me cyke is on a whole other level...

Yup

Eternal Idol
Storm is dropping the multiverse on dome pieces.
laughing

The rules actually say CIS applies iirc... everyone generally ignores that though.

Blackbolt is yodeling.

Wouldn't those examples count more as bloodlust than CIS, though?

Battlehammer
cyclopes easily

peejayd
* nice match-up... "blind" versus "all eyes"... although, if DD knew Cyke, without ruby-quartz, they are strikingly alike...

* DD is an excellent martial artist, but Cyke is also a good H2H combatant, with optic blasts... DD has great reflexes, agility and speed, Cyke is no slouch, however and has spatial awareness...

* man, i can't think of possibilities... Cyke & DD 50/50... smile

janus77
Cyke for th majority.

Darth Martin
If Cyclops fires regular standard blasts then Daredevil has a good chance. If he goes all-out and takes off his visor Matt has no chance. Daredevil is clearly the better H2H combatant.

From the Daredevil Respect Thread
http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ddkocykeoh9.png

Notice how he dodged that blast from a close distance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.