DC villans vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SumOfAllFear
Major Force
Dr Light
Star Sapphire
Gorilla Grodd
Deathstroke
Black Adam

vs

Thor-classic
Ironman-most powerful version
Sentry
Spiderman
Captian America
Vision
Wonderman
Ms Marvel

good guys to 2 minutes to prep
fight takes place in new york city

Gecko4lif
Take out black adam and it would actually be a fight
Sub adam for someboy lower on the scale

SumOfAllFear
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Take out black adam and it would actually be a fight
Sub adam for someboy lower on the scale
avengers have thor and sentry who are on black adams level

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SumOfAllFear
avengers have thor and sentry who are on black adams level
Sentry no

Thor almost

King thor = yes
rune thor = above
Endgame = way f*cking above

iceman24567
Grod mind rapes them without mind rapage the Avengers can win 7/10.

Tony Stark
Sentry no

Thor almost

King thor = yes
rune thor = above
Endgame = way f*cking above

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is DC your middle name...?

SENTRY, THOR, not on Adam's lvl...? laughing laughing laughing laughing

You may want to have your eyes checked.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You may want to have your eyes checked.
That pic desturbs me....

Sentry isnt fit to hank wash ba's jock strap

And thor isnt quite strong or fast enough to hang with Ba

If they fought ba would take 6-7/10

iceman24567
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You may want to have your eyes checked. Your middle name must be Marvel then because i have never seen you give a Dc character a win ever.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by iceman24567
Your middle name must be Marvel then because i have never seen you give a Dc character a win ever.

So you also think that SENTRY and THOR aren't at BA's lvl?

And the part about never picking any DC winners is absolutely not true... BA's actually my favorite DC character... But, I'm not IMO naive enough to say that he's above those two. Sorry... he's not.

sad

And FTR that's Mr. MARVEL to you.

iceman24567
So you also think that SENTRY and THOR aren't at BA's lvl?

And the part about never picking any DC winners is absolutely not true... BA's actually my favorite DC character... But, I'm not IMO naive enough to say that he's above those two. Sorry... he's not.

sad

And FTR that's Mr. MARVEL to you. Umm yes Black Adam could beat Classic Thor but not The Sentry for the majority. Fine i take it back 90% of your picks are against Dc character Tony Marvel Stark.

Gecko4lif
$3nrty iz teh str0ng3st
$3ntry t!3d wit da huc

Darth Martin
Avengers take the majority only due to superior numbers.

jrodslam
Uhh, are the Avengers as a team protected by a mindrape by Grodd?

Adam, Light, MF and Star clean up the rest imo.

Priest
For the record, Thor is stronger than Blackadam.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Avengers take the majority only due to superior numbers.
Yeah because god help Ba if spiderman should happen to sneak attack him right roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
Originally posted by Priest
For the record, Thor is stronger than Blackadam.

Is he? Proof would be nice.

Priest
Originally posted by jrodslam
Is he? Proof would be nice.
I feel that Thor has more and more impressive strength feats than Adam.

You got a take on it?

Darth Martin
Yeah because god help Ba if spiderman should happen to sneak attack him right roll eyes (sarcastic) Or him and Cap double team Slade. no expression

Eon Blue
This match-up is unfair. There are too many powerful players on the Marvel Team and not enough on the DC team.

jrodslam
I feel that Thor has more and more impressive strength feats than Adam.

You got a take on it?

Well sometimes lack of feats doesnt mean weaker than. Adam may have the lack of feats, but strength wise hes as strong as Supes. Its even been said he hits harder than Billy when its been said that Billy is as strong as Supes himself. Adams combat speed is also better than Thors.

Acrosurge
For the record, Thor is stronger than Blackadam. Gotta agree. He's more versatile too. And the fact that Thor is more powerful than before (levitating Asgard, taking the Destroyer) is going to help the Marvel team a lot.

Cap is also on the Marvel team and he can do wonders, even with only 2 minutes of prep. Marvel takes it.

Darth Martin
Yes but Black Adam is faster than Thor so point moot. Also Thor is not strong enough that it's gonna make a difference.

Priest
Originally posted by jrodslam
Well sometimes lack of feats doesnt mean weaker than. Adam may have the lack of feats, but strength wise hes as strong as Supes. Its even been said he hits harder than Billy when its been said that Billy is as strong as Supes himself. Adams combat speed is also better than Thors.
There are also instances where Thor matched the Hulk's strength in battle . He gabbled with the Hulk for hours in strength battle.
Also with the mjinor of cource Thor's hits MUCH harder than Adam IMO.

Adam is faster than Thor, but Thor is more versatile.

Sirius77
Nothings stopping grodd from mindraping all of them.

Mindset
Except he isn't mindraping Sentry, and I have doubts he could do it to Vision as well.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mindset
Except he isn't mindraping Sentry, and I have doubts he could do it to Vision as well.

Sentry? The same one with emotional problems, and the willpower of a sponge? Yes he is.

Vision won't be a problem. Black adam will tear his head off like he did to amazo.

Acrosurge
Except he isn't mindraping Sentry, and I have doubts he could do it to Vision as well. He could, but Sentry wouldn't be defenseless. Also, it wouldn't be so easy to mindrape Thor, especially now and I don't think Vision could either.

Mindset
Yes Sentry, one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet, the one who erased the memory of his existence from everyone, the one who even when not aware of his powers had to actively let Emma Frost into his brain because he was so powerful...

What does Black Adam have to do with Grodd not being able to mindrape Vision?

Sirius77
Yes Sentry, one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet, the one who erased the memory of his existence from everyone, the one who even when not aware of his powers had to actively let Emma Frost into his brain because he was so powerful...

Bullshit.

That was reeds machine. Show me a scan of sentry doing anything telepathic that superman couldnt do with t-vo. Or even approaching Grodds.

What does Black Adam have to do with Grodd not being able to mindrape Vision?

Because Black adam will rip visions head off before grodd gets the chance to try to mindrape him... the same way that he did amazo.

Priest
Strange couldn't get into Sentry's head. And Emma Frost needed permission from Bob to enter it.
Thor won't be mind raped either.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sirius77
Bullshit.

That was reeds machine. Show me a scan of sentry doing anything telepathic that superman couldnt do with t-vo. Or even approaching Grodds.

Because Black adam will rip visions head off before grodd gets the chance to try to mindrape him... the same way that he did amazo.

It was not Reed's machine, there was never even any mention of Reed having a machine causing everyone to forget. Mastermind manipulated Sentry into wiping everyones memory of him, Emma explained that the stronger the telepath the easier it was for Mastermind to manipulate them, this was all in New Avengers.

Vision could just turn intagible.

Sirius77
It was not Reed's machine, there was never even any mention of Reed having a machine causing everyone to forget. Mastermind manipulated Sentry into wiping everyones memory of him, Emma explained that the stronger the telepath the easier it was for Mastermind to manipulate them, this was all in New Avengers.

Actually there was a mention of a machine. None of this was on panel. Again, what telepathic feats has he done on panel?

Vision could just turn intagible.

And amazo could have just used the powers of mm to do the same thing, but appearently, that didnt work...

xmarksthespot
Dr Light can drain the light from things to power himself. He's a wily rapist. ermmhappy

Mindset
Actually there was a mention of a machine. None of this was on panel. Again, what telepathic feats has he done on panel?

And amazo could have just used the powers of mm to do the same thing, but appearently, that didnt work...

Wiping everyones memory out, as was said in the comic. Emma not being able to forceable enter into his mind. There was never any mention of a machine, I have the copies of the Sentry arc of NA right here. The only device Reed used was one that searched his information databases and it found entries on Sentry.

*sigh* Amazo not using intangiblity does not equate to them not being able to work against BA.

Sirius77
Wiping everyones memory out, as was said in the comic. Emma not being able to forceable enter into his mind.

Supposing he did wipe everyones mind by himself (which he didnt), when has he duplicated this feat or done something comparable

MM was unable to ener supermans mind forcefully... does that mean that hes the most powerful telepath on earth?

There was never any mention of a machine, I have the copies of the Sentry arc of NA right here. The only device Reed used was one that searched his information databases and it found entries on Sentry.

It really doesnt matter. I saw it in a scan and am unashamed to say it. I know what I saw. Believe me or dont. But the point is moot because he has not shown any telepathy on that level on panel to my knowledge.

*sigh* Amazo not using intangiblity does not equate to them not being able to work against BA.

So mm's intangibility is somehow inferior to visions now? Based upon? I mean its not like he had ww's lightspeed reflexes or anything... oh wait...

Mindset
Supposing he did wipe everyones mind by himself (which he didnt), when has he duplicated this feat or done something comparable

MM was unable to ener supermans mind forcefully... does that mean that hes the most powerful telepath on earth?

It really doesnt matter. I saw it in a scan and am unashamed to say it. I know what I saw. Believe me or dont. But the point is moot because he has not shown any telepathy on that level on panel to my knowledge.

So mm's intangibility is somehow inferior to visions now? Based upon? I mean its not like he had ww's lightspeed reflexes or anything... oh wait...

Sentry had the power to do it, the only thing Mastermind did was make him do it against his will, just like if Mastermind did the same thing to Charles Xavier. In the comic it showed Mastermind doing this, then later Emma explained what had happened, which was Sentry erasing the memory of his existence from everyone's brain, including his own.

No, it doesn't mean Superman is the greatest telepath, but it shows he has a level of telepathic defense...

On panel he has shown to be able to keep high class telepaths from being able to forceable enter his mind, that alone shows he could resist mind rape...and I don't know what you saw, but I suggest you read the story again.

Reading Comprehension, my friend. The point being made was if Amazo was even using intangibilty when BA attacked him, not that Visions intangibility was superior.

Sirius77
Sentry had the power to do it, the only thing Mastermind did was make him do it against his will, just like if Mastermind did the same thing to Charles Xavier. In the comic it showed Mastermind doing this, then later Emma explained what had happened, which was Sentry erasing the memory of his existence from everyone's brain, including his own.

Where did these 'telepathic' powers go? He hasnt shown them.

No, it doesn't mean Superman is the greatest telepath, but it shows he has a level of telepathic defense...

The same thing can be said of sentry. That was my point.

On panel he has shown to be able to keep high class telepaths from being able to forceable enter his mind, that alone shows he could resist mind rape...and I don't know what you saw, but I suggest you read the story again.

As I said. Superman has done the same thing, and he is not a telepath. Hell, so has wolverine.

Just because emma asked permission to enter his mind doesnt mean that hes suddenly charles xavier with an "s" on his chest. YOU read it again.

Reading Comprehension, my friend. The point being made was if Amazo was even using intangibilty when BA attacked him, not that Visions intangibility was superior.

And what makes you think that vision will have the chance? Do you know how fast black adam is?

iceman24567
Classic Thor has been mind controlled before let me look for it.

Priest
Classic Thor has been mind controlled before let me look for it.
I'm sure he has by Loki or Enchantress, but by magic.

iceman24567
I'm sure he has by Loki or Enchantress, but by magic. Not by telepathy?

Mindset
Where did these 'telepathic' powers go? He hasnt shown them.

The same thing can be said of sentry. That was my point.

As I said. Superman has done the same thing, and he is not a telepath. Hell, so has wolverine.

Just because emma asked permission to enter his mind doesnt mean that hes suddenly charles xavier with an "s" on his chest. YOU read it again.

And what makes you think that vision will have the chance? Do you know how fast black adam is?

His telepathic powers didn't go anywhere, he just doesn't use them.

If that was your point than why were you even trying to argue that Grodd could mind control him?

Superman has t-vo, Wolverine has psi shields from Weapon X and Xavier. That is telepathic defense. Erasing memories, something Sentry did, is a form a telepathic offensive attack.

I don't need to read it again, you have absolutely no idea about what you're talking about concerning Sentry, also I never said Sentry was a Charles Xavier level of telepathy, neither is Emma, I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about regarding Sentry or even my posts.

I never said Vision could beat BA. I mentioned Vision as yet another person who could potentially not be mind raped by Grodd since you were implying he would be, then you brought in BA attacking him which had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Priest
Not by telepathy?
By those two defiantly not telepathy, more so spells.

Sirius77
His telepathic powers didn't go anywhere, he just doesn't use them.

So then someone does something ONCE and then suddenly it a main part of their power set?

He has the powers... but he just doesnt 'feel' like using them... no expression

I'm not a ****ing idiot.

If that was your point than why were you even trying to argue that Grodd could mind control him?

Because emma never even tried to mindrape him. All she did was ask permission to enter his mind... You just took a comic characters word as fact. Do you think he stalemated galactus too?

Superman has t-vo, Wolverine has psi shields from Weapon X and Xavier. That is telepathic defense. Erasing memories, something Sentry did, is a form a telepathic offensive attack.

Which he has NEVER used on panel. It was only spoken of by comicbook characters. By your logic, superman saved the omniverse by vibrating, so therefore, no one can hurt him... erm

I don't need to read it again, you have absolutely no idea about what you're talking about concerning Sentry, also I never said Sentry was a Charles Xavier level of telepathy, neither is Emma, I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about regarding Sentry or even my posts..

Youre the one that said that he could resist grodd. Grodd would have sentry curled up in a little ball mumbling about alcoholism by the time the fight was over.

I never said Vision could beat BA. I mentioned Vision as yet another person who could potentially not be mind raped by Grodd since you were implying he would be, then you brought in BA attacking him which had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.

You implied it. Otherwise I wouldnt have responded.

xmarksthespot
Has Sentry actually shown awesome-o mental defenses? Or are we just assuming that because Emma knocked before she entered?

Recently Dr Strange doesn't actually seem to have telepathy at all, although I don't know how far back that goes.

Grodd KTFOd Superman with telepathy, iirc.

Sirius77
Thats what he (mind) thinks, but I've been trying to convince him how erroneous a statement such as that is... but he doesnt seem to get it...

Mindset
So then someone does something ONCE and then suddenly it a main part of their power set?

He has the powers... but he just doesnt 'feel' like using them... no expression

I'm not a ****ing idiot.

Because emma never even tried to mindrape him. All she did was ask permission to enter his mind... You just took a comic characters word as fact. Do you think he stalemated galactus too?

Which he has NEVER used on panel. It was only spoken of by comicbook characters. By your logic, superman saved the omniverse by vibrating, so therefore, no one can hurt him... erm

Youre the one that said that he could resist grodd. Grodd would have sentry curled up in a little ball mumbling about alcoholism by the time the fight was over.

You implied it. Otherwise I wouldnt have responded.

So because he only erased every mind on Earth once you want to throw it out?

Sentry doesn't have that many feats besides punching and flying, are we to assume that is all he can do?

You realize this is fiction, if he doesn't use a power it is because the writer didn't make him use it, Sentry doesn't have a say... confused

What do you mean a just took a characters word as fact, that doesn't even relate to the incident with Emma. If I took him stalemating Galactus as fact don't you think I would have brought it up by now?

If you actually read the relevant issues of New Avengers, which I seriously doubt, you would see from Sentry's own memory where Mastermind was saying how powerful Sentry's mind was.

"There is a tremendous mental force holding his powers together"

"My mutant powers- simply put, I can make him see, feel, smell whatever I want him to--and I gotta tell you, I have found the stronger the mind, the easier my powers work on them."

"Not only will he never remember the Sentry, but he'll make it so no one remembers the Sentry."

The comic book written about the Sentry was also Sentry putting the history of his life into a comic book writers head, this also happend in NA.

Then there's Emma while inside Sentry's head also saying he has strong psychic powers.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the Superman reference, and I doubt you even grasp your own logic, let alone mine.

Yes, I did say Sentry could resist Grodd, thank you for telling me this...

I said Vision might be able to resist Grodd's telepathy, which had nothing to do with BA. Seriously, do you even read the actual words on the screen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.