juggernaut vs 2 GLs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
this is current juggy vs 2 gls

the 2 GLs are kyle and the black one from the cartoon.

you think 2 GLs can take on current juggernaut ?

janus77
they could bfr him in the blink of an eye, maybe even put him down with sonics, or disorientate him... dunno about killing him outright though.

Sirius77
Exactly. Pretty much any gl with even half a brain would bfr him.

Dark-Jaxx
But average GLs don't have half a brain.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
But average GLs don't have half a brain. good point

Darth Martin
Both Kyle and John are powerful enough to solo Juggernaut.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Both Kyle and John are powerful enough to solo Juggernaut. i think they would each get whipped if any GL took on juggy one on one.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i think they would each get whipped if any GL took on juggy one on one. Then you are sadly mistaken my friend. smile

jrodslam
Giant Can opener ftw!

spidey-dude
Then you are sadly mistaken my friend. smile juggy has taken on other guys before solo that are way above any GL level pal smile

Evangel94
Assuming the unnamed green lanterns can BFR the juggernaut, the BFR merely means the two Green Lanterns survive to fight another day without actually confronting the problem.

Without BFR, the green lanterns lose.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Evangel94
Assuming the unnamed green lanterns can BFR the juggernaut, the BFR merely means the two Green Lanterns survive to fight another day without actually confronting the problem.

Without BFR, the green lanterns lose. i seriously doubt they would survive the fight

Darth Martin
juggy has taken on other guys before solo that are way above any GL level pal smile Like who exactly? confused

spidey-dude
Like who exactly? confused hes taken on thor easy. hes beaten gladiator and hulk. and im gonna laugh if you say one GL is above gladiators level

Eon Blue

The "black one" has a proper name. His name is John Stewart.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Eon Blue
The "black one" has a proper name. His name is John Stewart. well i forgot the black ones name sorry

Mindset
John Stewart isn't just from the cartoon, just in case you didn't know, he is actually a comic book character.

Sirius77
juggy has taken on other guys before solo that are way above any GL level pal smile

Juggernaut will charge in like he always does. And then the gl will pick him up with a construct while hes running, and pretty much just throw him to the moon.

If it was someone like hal or kyle, then he might find himself teleported somewhere unpleasant...

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Mindset
John Stewart isn't just from the cartoon, just in case you didn't know, he is actually a comic book character. most of the justice league books ive read i see kyle in them

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Sirius77
Juggernaut will charge in like he always does. And then the gl will pick him up with a construct while hes running, and pretty much just throw him to the moon.

If it was someone like hal or kyle, then he might find himself teleported somewhere unpleasant... you think juggy isnt strong enough to break out of there shield if they try sending him somwehre

Sirius77
Oh, is this john? My, bad. He still bfrs him somewhere very unpleasant. Juggernaut has no chance here.

Eon Blue
most of the justice league books ive read i see kyle in them

Then you haven't read too many, apparently.

iceman24567
you think juggy isnt strong enough to break out of there shield if they try sending him somwehre Not sure about that Gls shields hold black holes no expression

CaptainStoic
If there is no BFR allowed and they were to battle in a contained arena, there is nothing that a GL could do except slow the inevitable. Juggernaut would outlast them and defeat them. If BFR is allowed, Juggernaut will lose.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Then you haven't read too many, apparently. not as big of a DC fan as i am marvel

spidey-dude
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
If there is no BFR allowed and they were to battle in a contained arena, there is nothing that a GL could do except slow the inevitable. Juggernaut would outlast them and defeat them. If BFR is allowed, Juggernaut will lose. explain this BFR thing

Evangel94
explain this BFR thing

BFR stands for "Battlefield Removal".

For example: Teleporting or transporting your opponent (or yourself) away via magic, technology, or other means to a different area. It is mostly used to avoid direct physical and/or confrontational combat with an exceptionally strong opponent.

-Evangel94

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Sirius77

Juggs has the ability to resist most forces acted up on him, even if lifted off the ground. Jean Grey tried twice and he continued to advance on her in mid-air.

Agreed with the consensus, outside a BFR the GL's lose.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Evangel94
BFR stands for "Battlefield Removal".

For example: Teleporting or transporting your opponent (or yourself) away via magic, technology, or other means to a different area. It is mostly used to avoid direct physical and/or confrontational combat with an exceptionally strong opponent.

-Evangel94 transporting or teleporting juggy isnt gonna kill him. this is a fight to death who wins.

jrodslam
I think they have a chance of getting the helmet off.

pr1983

hysterical

no expression

funny.

LORD B

durfused

Mr. Slippyfist
John shoots his will all over Juggy's face.

DigiMark007
juggy has taken on other guys before solo that are way above any GL level pal smile

Like who? Names, issues, etc.

transporting or teleporting juggy isnt gonna kill him. this is a fight to death who wins.

Then it's a stalemate, and pretty much a worthless fight.

LORD B
Originally posted by DigiMark007

prolly in the cartoons131fist

Soljer
hes taken on thor easy. hes beaten gladiator and hulk. and im gonna laugh if you say one GL is above gladiators level

Idiot.

xmarksthespot
If BFR is allowed GLs win.

Green Lanterns can use telepathy. So they'd win with knock-out too.

To the death no one wins.

Lulz the black one.

Newjak

Then it's a stalemate, and pretty much a worthless fight. Classic Doctor Strange stick out tongue

DigiMark007
4mn3AQWxAig

Newjak
4mn3AQWxAig

313 The funny thing is that in later episodes Rouge was able to give Glads a decent fight stick out tongue

jrodslam
4mn3AQWxAig

laughing I loved that episode. Glads also beat Rouge in the later when they had the Shiar vs X-Men. Classic.

Newjak
Originally posted by jrodslam
laughing I loved that episode. Glads also beat Rouge in the later when they had the Shiar vs X-Men. Classic. I remember that fight. Rouge actually put up a better fight then Juggs did stick out tongue

jrodslam
Originally posted by Newjak
I remember that fight. Rouge actually put up a better fight then Juggs did stick out tongue

yes Yup.

LORD B
4mn3AQWxAig

ka-dur

janus77
bah, Gladiator was holding back no expression.

janus77
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Juggs has the ability to resist most forces acted up on him, even if lifted off the ground. Jean Grey tried twice and he continued to advance on her in mid-air.

Agreed with the consensus, outside a BFR the GL's lose.
apparently that 'ability' doesn't extend to a mild tap on the back from Hulk whistle, nor the more drastic physical attacks of Onslaught.

The Pict
Stalemate imo

janus77
the GL rings lose power, Juggernaut wins.

no other outcome conceivable, when bfr is out and people presume that "no physical force can hurt Juggernaut" (and any evidence to the contrary is swept under the carpet).

Soljer
Originally posted by janus77
the GL rings lose power, Juggernaut wins.

no other outcome conceivable, when bfr is out and people presume that "no physical force can hurt Juggernaut" (and any evidence to the contrary is swept under the carpet).

Not true. Juggernaut is very susceptible to telepathy - a feat the lanterns are capable of accomplishing.

Not exactly a win in a fight to the death, but a win nonetheless.

janus77
ah, but it is a "fight to the death" ... so that's not gonna cut it.
eventually the rings will be spent and Juggernaut will just crush their skulls.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
Not true. Juggernaut is very susceptible to telepathy - a feat the lanterns are capable of accomplishing.

Not exactly a win in a fight to the death, but a win nonetheless. He was trolling. smile

Hurt about Hulk vs Juggernaut threads...

janus77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
He was trolling. smile
I was?
really?

Soljer
ah, but it is a "fight to the death" ... so that's not gonna cut it.
eventually the rings will be spent and Juggernaut will just crush their skulls.

Once the Juggernaut is put into a telepathic slumber, or otherwise dealt with telepathically, the Lanterns need not continue putting power into the feat.

Meaning, at the very worst for the Lanterns, or hell - either Lantern, this is a draw.

LORD B
I was?
really?
your doing it againsrsly

Mr. Slippyfist
I was?
really? Seeing as you don't believe what you're saying... and only say it to get a rise out of people...

Teh juggy fans hurt ur fanbase. U not liek ther argments, etc, etc... GL's win 10/10. erm

iceman24567
It doesn't take 2 hours to recharge a lantern ring....

janus77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Seeing as you don't believe what you're saying... and only say it to get a rise out of people...

Teh juggy fans hurt ur fanbase. U not liek ther argments. erm
I don't believe it no, but I would say that if the belief is not contested then I can apply it to this situation. which is what I did.

when I want to mock the absurdity of the belief, I'll just put up a Juggernaut vs Eternity thread.

as it stand... they can't put him down and if they try too hard, their rings will be spent.

xmarksthespot
Apparently John can switch minds?
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glmosaic06086cn.jpg

Grab a stray cat, switch it with Juggernaut, kill the cat?

janus77
Once the Juggernaut is put into a telepathic slumber, or otherwise dealt with telepathically, the Lanterns need not continue putting power into the feat.

Meaning, at the very worst for the Lanterns, or hell - either Lantern, this is a draw.
hmm, that sounds viable but can they get past his helmet?

have they done it to similarly powerful characters?

janus77
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Apparently John can switch minds?
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glmosaic06086cn.jpg

Grab a stray cat, switch it with Juggernaut, kill the cat?
you don't know what damage a creature of a cat's intelligence might do with the juggernaut's powers... safer to keep them in Cain's limited 'hands'.

Soljer
you don't know what damage a creature of a cat's intelligence might do with the juggernaut's powers... safer to keep them in Cain's limited 'hands'.

Not true. BFR is not an acceptable method of victory against Cain Marko.

If they utilize X's plan and end Cain Marko's life, they can very easily put the Catternaut in an Oa prison, or dump him in a black hole, or put him on another, isolated plane of existence or....

xmarksthespot
I bet Kyle's glad he has "the black one from the cartoon" with him now.

iceman24567
you don't know what damage a creature of a cat's intelligence might do with the juggernaut's powers... safer to keep them in Cain's limited 'hands'. You are totally right teh catz have 9 lives

janus77
but what if the "Catternaut" combines his Juggernaut forward momentum thing with a cat's naturally phenomenal agility and the nine lives thing?

it'll bring down the entire universe...

Juggernaut once broke through dimensional barriers, might be able to get back.

Soljer
but what if the "Catternaut" combines his Juggernaut forward momentum thing with a cat's naturally phenomenal agility and the nine lives thing?

it'll bring down the entire universe...

Juggernaut once broke through dimensional barriers, might be able to get back.

As eighth day Juggernaut.

Something he isn't for this thread, and something that the Lanterns wouldn't even know to consider. The Juggernaut is dead. The Catternaut is in a black hole, Oan prison, or an isolated plane of existence. The Catternaut will have no REASON to try to get out. A creature of the Cat's intelligence has no concept of revenge, nor will it even really realize that the Lanterns were responsible for the transfer.

In fact, such a transfer would likely be such a shock to the Cat, it'd go into a catatonic state for the rest of it's immortal life.

Soljer
I bet Kyle's glad he has "the black one from the cartoon" with him now.

Didn't you hear? Kyle's a racist. DC thought it'd help develop his personality more.

janus77
the Catternaut would escape for the same reason that cats don't wear leashes... they are enigmatic creatures given to mysterious wanderings.

give them irresistible forward momentum and the entire omniverse is doomed no.

anyway, this is a technical victory as "Juggernaut" =/= Cain, but the charm.
so removing Cain's mind would still leave the Charm working a-ok.

xmarksthespot
So in knock out fights, telepathically knocking out Cain's mind isn't a win. One must telepathically knock out the enchantment.

Deathstroke
The Catternaut is my new favorite character.

janus77
Originally posted by Deathstroke
The Catternaut is my new favorite character.
sounds like a member of Dominion Tank Police!

janus77
So in knock out fights, telepathically knocking out Cain's mind isn't a win. One must telepathically knock out the enchantment.
well, technically if the fight is between "x" and The Juggernaut, shouldn't the charm be overpowered and not just the man utilising it?

it's not as if they're one and the same thing, unlike say Superman or Flash.

Soljer
well, technically if the fight is between "x" and The Juggernaut, shouldn't the charm be overpowered and not just the man utilising it?

it's not as if they're one and the same thing, unlike say Superman or Flash.

The Flash is the Flash because of the speedforce.

So, if you'd really like to apply that logic, you'd have to knock out the dimension the Flash is empowered by, not the man utilizing it.

janus77
The Flash is the Flash because of the speedforce.

So, if you'd really like to apply that logic, you'd have to knock out the dimension the Flash is empowered by, not the man utilizing it.
the Speedforce is his power source, yes. but when you talk about Flash you are talking about a particular person, Wally, Bart etc and not about The SpeedForce. when you talk about The Juggernaut, you are talking about a charm created by Cyttorak and not specifically about the one wielding it, technically.

say for instance, Strange with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak... you break the bands, you beat the magic, you break Strange's neck but fail to break the bands, you beat Strange and not the magic. you see?

Estacado

crylaugh

Soljer
the Speedforce is his power source, yes. but when you talk about Flash you are talking about a particular person, Wally, Bart etc and not about The SpeedForce. when you talk about The Juggernaut, you are talking about a charm created by Cyttorak and not specifically about the one wielding it, technically.

say for instance, Strange with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak... you break the bands, you beat the magic, you break Strange's neck but fail to break the bands, you beat Strange and not the magic. you see?

First page, opening post.

"This is current juggy vs...."

Current 'juggy' is Cain Marko who is empowered by Cyttorak the same way Current 'flashy' is Wally West empowered by the speedforce.

It's directly and entirely analogous.

janus77
k, I was speaking in more general terms, with specific regard to the concept of Juggernaut.

and not entirely analogous because the Flashes have different attributes and degrees of contact with the SpeedForce, as far as I'm aware.

Juggernauts all pretty much are the Charm.

Soljer
k, I was speaking in more general terms, with specific regard to the concept of Juggernaut.

and not entirely analogous because the Flashes have different attributes and degrees of contact with the SpeedForce, as far as I'm aware.

Juggernauts all pretty much are the Charm.

Not true. As alluded to by Cyttorak himself, the Juggernaut's power depends upon his own determination.

Different Juggernaut's can be on different levels.

Val
laughing out loud

Darth Martin
Well it's obvious the thread-starter doesn't have much knowledge of Green Lanterns. "the 2 GLs are kyle and the black one from the cartoon." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Both Kyle Rayner and John Stewart can solo Juggernaut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.