Mario vs Luigi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betterman
"Takea thata Bowser," Mario cried as he threw the monstrous turtle clear across the castle throne room into the thick stone wall. Bowser's heavy weight combined with the force of Mario's throw made the gigantic reptile plow through the gray stonework as if it weren't even there. Bowser laid dazed in the next room defeated yet again.

"ARGH! How could my plans be foiled again?!?"

"Mario, you'rea gonna letta him live again?" the green suit brother, Luigi questioned.

"It isa not mya place to judge one's lifea, Luigi."

"OK, but if he comes backa to wreak havoc again, leta ita be known thata I told ya so." Luigi said in a chuckle to his red suit brother.

And so, the two Italian brother plumbers journeyed back with the rescued Princess Peach to her castle in a triumphant return. All was good in the Mushroom Kingdom. Everything was back to the way it should be.

Days Later...

"Mario! Daisy's beena taken!" Luigi yelled as he ran through Peach's castle in search for his brother.

"What!? Are'a you'a serious!? By who!?"

"All I have is a note that said this" Luigi whimpered as he handed a tanned piece of parchment to his plump brother.

- If I can't have Peach, then I'll have to have this one.

"Hmmm, it hasa to bea Bowser." Mario said as he logically thought it through. "Let's go, my brother."

And so, the two Italian plumber brothers made another frantic rescue mission. They gathered their items and jumped upon their Yoshi steeds battling their way through Bowser's minions and traveling to the Koopa King's Castle.

Upon arriving, they dismounted their Yoshies and began their long expedition to the top of the castle. They finally burst into the final chamber ready to battle whatever Bowser had planned, but were shocked to find that the large throne room was empty.

"Looka!" Mario yelled as he pointed to the flying figure outside the window.

Off in the distance, the Koopa Clown Car made its apparent escape with Bowser piloting and Daisy as a hostage.

"Mario, whata are we gonna doa!?"

"I don't kno..."

"Whata??!?"

"Somethings happeninga ona the Koopa Clowna Car..."

As Luigi returned his glance to the fleeing vehicle, he noticed that there was a scuffle of some sorts occurring. Daisy was resisting and fighting Bowser. She started to bat at his face and yelling at him for kidnapping her. Distracted by the problematic princess, Bowser let loose of the controls and the Clown Car tipped to its side.

"OH NO!!" Luigi yelled.

Both Bowser and Daisy plummeted from the upside down vehicle and landed on the Mushroom Kingdom's hard floor 100 stories up.

"Oh my.... oh No... Please NO!!" Luigi cried as he ran down the stairs of the castle with Mario not far behind.

Upon reaching the bottom floor, he crashed through the gate and fell upon his knees. Tears flowed freely from his eyes; in front of him laid the mangled corpses of Bowser and his Princess Daisy.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Luigi cried as he threw his head back and screamed to the skies.

Mario slowly approached his brother and felt nothing but sadness and sympathy for him.

"Luigi...Luigi, I'm sorry..."

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!" Luigi yelled as he scooped up his princess' body and ran off into the distance whimpering in remorse.

One Week Later...

"Mario, Princess Toadstool has been kidnapped!" a Toad burst into his bed chamber screaming frantically.

"Whata? How in the... By who??"

"We don't know, but Bowser's symbol was left on a parchment at the scene of the crime."

"Well thena there's no time toa waste!!"

Mario left from his bed, put on his overalls, grabbed his fire flower (there was no time for anything else), and jumped on his green yoshi's back. Riding to Bowser's castle, Mario was perplexed. Not one minion stood in his way.

Eventually, Mario arrived at the castle and dismounted his Yoshi. Climbing all the way up the castle, Mario entered the throne room only to have his jaw drop in shock.

"Luigi?!?!"

Luigi was cloaked in a long yellow cape. He turned around slowly and smiled.

"Hello, Mario. Howa nice ofa you to come'a to my castle. Oh, howa rude ofa me. You must be here for Peach. Well Mario she's right ina the nexta chamber. The only thinga standing in your waya is me."

"Why, Luigi? Why dida you do thisa?"

"Why? WHY!?! Mario it's alla youra fault. ALLA YOURA FAULT THATA SHE'S DEAD! At firsta I blamed, Bowser. But he was already dead, howa could I geta any sort of revenge. So I killed every lasta one of hisa pathetic minions. But ya know whata I realized as I finally finisheda?? It wasa youra fault my brothera. You, who nevera killed youra opponents, allowed Bowser and alla of his minions to live. And then Daisy dieda. It's alla youra fault, DAMN YOU!"

"Luigi, I ama truly sorry abouta Daisy. And believe me, I would've killed anyone who woulda have harmed Peach. But he loved her. I knew he would never ever hurt her. I never once thoughta thata he would take Daisy. I'm sorry..."

"Save ita, bro. I willa never forgive you. It's alla youra fault. I'm tired of beinga in youra shadow, following your orders. They dida me a lot of good, huh. She's gone. And one of us is going to see her pretty soon."

"Luigi, don't do this..."

"SHUT UP!!!!" Luigi jumped and flew towards Mario at amazing speeds due to the yellow cape on his back. Mario quickly jumped out of the way and ate the fire flower that he had in his overall pocket. Mario's outfit changed to it's white and red colors, and he turned to Luigi who had cratered the floor that he hit.

"So be ita." Mario said.

SUMMARY:

Mario has Fire Power

Luigi has the Cape from Super Mario World

Location - Bowser's Throne Room (Basically a large room. Not the room with the bridge and hammer that you fight Bowser in the original game"

There will be no interference from outsiders.

Who wins?

Yoshi Paradise
Nice story, but I think this was done before.

ThoraxeRMG
Judging from the items, Luigi can use his cape to render Mario's Fire Power a rather useless ability.

Betterman
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise Nice story
Thanks.

I think not at old thread...

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Judging from the items, Luigi can use his cape to render Mario's Fire Power a rather useless ability.
I was under the impression that it was fairly even. How does it render it useless? I thought the cape allowed the user to jump and glide. And if that's the case, then Mario can jump and shoot fire. It isn't the cape form Smash Bros. so it shouldn't reflect the fire. Am I wrong, I meant for it to be even. I mean granted, the cape is a great item, but I thought that Mario's experience and ability for projectiles would also come into play. I thought that it was even.

Neo Darkhalen
Luigi is faster and can jump higher, he can also levitate for a small period of time along with his cape Luigi wins this.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Betterman
I was under the impression that it was fairly even. How does it render it useless?

By deflecting it.

Originally posted by Betterman
It isn't the cape form Smash Bros. so it shouldn't reflect the fire.

When did Nintendo state the cape Mario uses in the SSB series wasn't the cape from SMB3?

Neo Darkhalen
The cape is from Super Mario World.

Betterman
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The cape is from Super Mario World.
Thanks.

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
By deflecting it.

When did Nintendo state the cape Mario uses in the SSB series wasn't the cape from SMB3?
No Nintendo didn't say it. I said it was the cape from Super Mario World (See above by Neo Darkhalen) and though I know they are the same cape, I was limiting it to the powers that it possesses in the Super Mario World, in which if I remember correctly, it cannot deflect.

ESB -1138
This has been done before. Most agree that Luigi wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.