Last time, I swear...maybe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
General Grievous...what a character, total badass with a sweet voice and four lightsabers. Kills many Jedi, should have killed OB1 but it would have mesed with the story line, so they couldn't stick out tongue

queeq, so help me God if you go off topic.

So discuss this character! Good or bad.

Schecter
ever try the new fish fillet sandwiches at wendy's? quite tasty they are.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by General G
General Grievous...what a character, total badass with a sweet voice and four lightsabers. Kills many Jedi, should have killed OB1 but it would have mesed with the story line, so they couldn't stick out tongue

So discuss this character! Good or bad.

General Grevious was an amasing character in the EU, but when the movie came out he ended up being an over-confident Asthmatic fool who was killed in the worst way possible.

Sesse
I really would have fancied to hear him sing.

"
This is my saber this is my gun.
This is for killing, this is for fun!
"

queeq
Originally posted by Schecter
ever try the new fish fillet sandwiches at wendy's? quite tasty they are.

NO, tell me about it!

Rogue Jedi

So discuss this character! Good or bad. GG was nothing more than a battle droid on steroids.

queeq
But did he like the fish fillet sandwiches?

Rogue Jedi
prolly.

queeq
But how would he eat it?

Blax_Hydralisk
crylaugh

Elite Hunter
Well this didn't take to long to go off topic.

queeq
It went off topic?

Hmm... guess I should close it then. evil face

Elite Hunter
Well were talking about fish fillet sandwiches from Wendy's. (which are good) And if Grievous could either them which he obviously can't. no expression

General G
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
General Grevious was an amasing character in the EU, but when the movie came out he ended up being an over-confident Asthmatic fool who was killed in the worst way possible.

I agree, he was pretty badass in the novels, in the ROTS novel, I remember someone saying to him..."Think of your men!" GG replies..."Why should I?" I dunno, I thought that was pretty sweet and badass. They should have evolved his character in the movie, it would have drawn a bigger fanbase. And changed his death to something better I agree, someone of his calibur getting shot? Wow...

Elite Hunter
The novel definitely puts more credibility for Grievous to be called bad@$$.

General G
And since the novel is canon here, he is badass!

Schecter
i like a slice of cheese on my fish fillet

Sesse
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgvfp3jlvc&feature=related
Time for some edutainment.

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
I dont like fish filet sandwiches... McChickens from McDonalds are the way to go, and the most bang for ur buck.

General G
Well...for the sake of...Baconator is the best thing Wendy's has come up with.

And on topic:

Does anyone know just how many Jedi Grievous killed?

Elite Hunter
EU wise? or movie wise?

General G
Well, quick before queeq comes back if you know EU.

Elite Hunter
Idk wookieepedia use to have a list but it aint there.

Schecter
Well...for the sake of...Baconator is the best thing Wendy's has come up with.

thats EU!

exanda kane
This character is balls and so are Wendy's and fish fillet sandwiches. Get in.

queeq
Darth Wendy is definately EU!!!

Oh... O forgot this: mad

General G
Darth Tyranus isn't though...and guess who he trained? General Grievous.

Tangible God
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
General Grevious was an amasing character in the EU, but when the movie came out he ended up being an over-confident Asthmatic fool who was killed in the worst way possible. A red-hot poker shoved up his ass? The commonly phrased "Eddie Treatment."

Exador
General Grievous was what I consider the comedy relief. Even with 4 lightsabers he couldn't beat Obi-Wan

queeq
Good call.

General G
Originally posted by Exador
General Grievous was what I consider the comedy relief. Even with 4 lightsabers he couldn't beat Obi-Wan

But he had no comedic lines.

queeq
He was still a riot.

Schecter
Originally posted by Exador

win

queeq
The end.

General G
Not even close.

queeq
What else there then?

I feel like closing, I haven't done that in a while.

General G
You have closed enough thread for now, you can wait a LONG time before this goes anywhere.

Is there an actual canon source on how Grievous got his cough?

Schecter
better question: who cares?

Alliance
Grievous never killed anyone. Its canon 13

Sesse

queeq
But Vader is a real bada$$, Grievous is not.

General G
Grievous is a bada$$, how can he not be?

queeq
Canonwise he never beats anyone.

General G
Even canon wise though, he looks like a bada$$ and acts like one. Not as awesome as Stallone in First Blood (especially number 3 with the gunpowder in the wound, damn, that would hurt!) or Schwarzenneger, but bada$$ none the less.

queeq
Errrr....

Alliance
he might give you a cold....

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
No, wouldn't, because if you get that close to him to catch his LACK of cold anyways, you would be dead.

queeq
Errrr....

Alliance
*HACK! HACK!*

queeq
Goose?

Sesse
Duck.

queeq
Howard?

Sesse
Yes?

General G
General Grievous doesn't like ducks.

He likes to kill Jedi.

Schecter
grievous has no balls

General G
Probably not.

queeq
I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

Sesse
He had lungs too.
They might be in the mix.

Alliance
maybe he sucked balls so much, he inhaled them...hence the gagging.

General G
Highly doubted, no canon sources on that.

truejedi
i dunno, only cartoons make him look dangerous at all. I personally, no matter how canon or not its proclaimed, have been unable to take ANYTHING seriously from the cartooons. Way too much ridiculous stuff happens like Yoda closing up the droid ships and launching them into the sky. Pure crap. i kinda think of the entire cartoon series as that, and ignore it when deciding the merit of characters.

queeq
So you're not looking forward to it?

truejedi
looking forward to more? there are going to be more cartoons? are you kidding me? i was referring to the clone wars 1 and 2. (the ones with assajji, and obi and anakin,and grievous) they are making more star wars cartoons? no, i'm not looking forward to it.

queeq
They make the feature animated film and a tv series following that. On what Outer Rim planet have you been lately?

truejedi
well, for some reason i thought the TV series was going to be an actual drama, not animated. To be honest, that's really disappointing because i was looking forward to it. The movie, i'm not sure. To be honest, i completely ignore anything that makes star wars look too extremely childish. besides reading the books, and playing the video games and hoping for another movie (yea, i know it'll never happen) i haven't paid much attention. (okay, that may sound like a oxy-moron, but there you have it.)

General G
You should at least try it.

truejedi
well, i did watch the clone wars, because i at least wanted to know the story line, and discussions of EU usually at least reference them, is the TV series already out, and if so, what's it called?

General G
No, it is not out yet, later this year I believe.

queeq
Originally posted by truejedi
well, for some reason i thought the TV series was going to be an actual drama, not animated. To be honest, that's really disappointing because i was looking forward to it. The movie, i'm not sure. To be honest, i completely ignore anything that makes star wars look too extremely childish. besides reading the books, and playing the video games and hoping for another movie (yea, i know it'll never happen) i haven't paid much attention. (okay, that may sound like a oxy-moron, but there you have it.)

There will also be a live action tv series... but that's gonna be later.

General G
Boba.

queeq
Apparantly.

Sesse
Who?

queeq
Boba Fett... apparently he's gonna be in the live action tv series.

Sesse
No surprise there.

Frankly, Who else could there be?

Masked, famous character. He could be played by the studio cleaning lady for 90% of his screen time and nobody would notice.

We want Chewie and Emperor and AT-AT's!

queeq
Maybe we get kiddie Boba.

Sesse
I would rather see Jabbas parents....

queeq
That'd go way back into time, even before TPM.

The big EH

So discuss this character! Good or bad. the reason (probally alread stated just to lazy to read) that grevious got owned by ob1 is because he was trained to handle elaborent fancy styles of lightsaber combat,while ob1 was know to be the best jedi at a realy simple form of lightsaber combat ~sorry if the typing wasshitty my kyboard hates me~

Schecter
Originally posted by Sesse
I would rather see Jabbas parents....

that would rule. then it could turn out that previously jabba's dad raped shmi, and jabba is actually anakin's brother

The big EH
three words

WTF

is wrong with your head

Schecter
dur

The big EH
oh o your a kenny rogers hick stupid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phIUwHXwSes&feature=related

Schecter
which do you find more disturbing:

the image of shmi getting raped by a giant slug or the image of shmi giving birth to a giant slug?

and as far as whats wrong with my head, maybe you should ask george lucas. after all, what do you think jabba planned on doing to leah? wine/dine/propose?

Sesse
I am more concerned about the fact that Shmi never bothered to flush it down afterwards... It apparently found its way from the toiler room and into the big world. messed

Sesse
toiler = toilet.

Typos are here to stay. The idiotic 15 minute rule is not exactly helping either.

queeq
Just pay attention.

The big EH
toiler = toilet.

Typos are here to stay. The idiotic 15 minute rule is not exactly helping either. ya i either figured it was toilet or boiler

Schecter
why would you figure boiler? how the hell would you flush something down in a boiler room?

queeq
Because it's nice and warm down there?

Schecter
what does warmth have to do with the act of flushing?

queeq
Nothing. Should it? wink

Schecter
then my question goes unanswered

The big EH
unless the water i so cold it freezes, nothing

queeq
Originally posted by Schecter
then my question goes unanswered

Should it be? Happy Dance

Sesse
Actually I is meanting broiler. But u guys figures it out so soon.
Luv! Me. big grin

queeq
Clever.

Schecter
Actually I is meanting broiler. But u guys figures it out so soon.
Luv! Me. big grin
broiler? oh ffs now i'm really confused.

queeq
You did it now.

Lord Knightfa11
i like the wizthard of ozths
do you like the wizthard of ozth?

weee tomcat off topic

queeq
With Dorthothyth and Thothoth?

Lord Knightfa11
(reference to christmas story lmao)

#1 way to go off topic. post the randomest thing in the universe that pops into your brain smile tomcat

queeq
Toilet paper.

Lord Knightfa11
newspaper

neo313
haven't been here in years. good memories.

Grievous could've been cool, but they made him into a hunchback chicken with lung cancer. Remember the hi-res pics of him before the movie came out? very cool. very ominous. the manifestation of that, not so much.

Lord Knightfa11
dude... shut up. we have made this an official off topic thread. you are not allowed to talk about what general g's topic at all.

ban him queeq big grin

queeq
What Neo said, sounds fine to me.

General G
So....really annoyed with how they are portraying Grievous in this new Clone Wars series (should this go in the TV series thread? Nah). It is kinda ridiculous, he is so underplayed and pretty much Dooku's b!tch, being constantly verbally harassed by him and teased constantly.

Apprentices are destroying his Magna Guards who are said to be more than a match for most Jedi Knights (and she's an apprentice!), Ahsoka battles him and comes out of it unscathed, and gets owned by Kit Fisto.

Not a happy camper.

General G
Originally posted by neo313
haven't been here in years. good memories.

Grievous could've been cool, but they made him into a hunchback chicken with lung cancer. Remember the hi-res pics of him before the movie came out? very cool. very ominous. the manifestation of that, not so much.

Appreciate the effort!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
So....really annoyed with how they are portraying Grievous in this new Clone Wars series (should this go in the TV series thread? Nah). It is kinda ridiculous, he is so underplayed and pretty much Dooku's b!tch, being constantly verbally harassed by him and teased constantly.

Apprentices are destroying his Magna Guards who are said to be more than a match for most Jedi Knights (and she's an apprentice!), Ahsoka battles him and comes out of it unscathed, and gets owned by Kit Fisto.

Not a happy camper.

I want to see him actually kill a lot of jedi on screen.

queeq
I doubt we will.

General G
Doubted, yes...wishful for? Definitely. Would be badass.
He destroyed quite a few in the other clone wars series which was nice.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
want to see more. Grievous needs more screen time.

queeq
hmm

General G
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
want to see more. Grievous needs more screen time.

Agreed, he could have been so much more...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
he has the potential to be a great villain. Right now he is reduced to a lackey.

And here I thought Lucas milks every bit of "potential" from his stuff.

General G
haha yeah, no kidding =P

I am sure we will still be seeing more of him for years to come.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i hope you're right.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
(reference to christmas story lmao)

#1 way to go off topic. post the randomest thing in the universe that pops into your brain smile tomcat

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?
tomcat
Sooooo... Do I win?

Raptor 7789
I doubt we'll see grievous killing any jedi in the Clone Wars series, I mean, when he battles Ahsoka, they get in a lightsaber lock and he can only SLOWLY push her lightsaber back! Come on! This is the guy that with one swing of his arm sends Kenobi flying, and he can't win a lightsaber lock with a YOUNGLING?! It's pathetic!

As for Grievous dying in the worst way ever, they should have had some not bad jedi master, such as Plo Koon or Secura take him on, not Kenobi, that way he could have killed the other jedi without messing up the storyline. And then he could die by being shot down after attempting to escape in his starfighter by a squad of ARC 170s or something.

It woulda been way cooler!

roughrider
I really like Grievous, but eventually his weakness - not being a real Jedi - came back to cause his eventual defeat. It took a while for the Jedi to figure him out, but once they did...
You can see what Lucas was doing with characters like Darth Maul, Dooku, and finally Grievous - he was working towards what Darth Vader would become.

General G
Originally posted by Raptor 7789
I doubt we'll see grievous killing any jedi in the Clone Wars series, I mean, when he battles Ahsoka, they get in a lightsaber lock and he can only SLOWLY push her lightsaber back! Come on! This is the guy that with one swing of his arm sends Kenobi flying, and he can't win a lightsaber lock with a YOUNGLING?! It's pathetic!

As for Grievous dying in the worst way ever, they should have had some not bad jedi master, such as Plo Koon or Secura take him on, not Kenobi, that way he could have killed the other jedi without messing up the storyline. And then he could die by being shot down after attempting to escape in his starfighter by a squad of ARC 170s or something.

It woulda been way cooler!
I kinda have to agree with this, I didn't see that duel Grievous had with Ahsoka, but from your description, it sounds a bit bogus. He is half machine, multiplying his strength quite a bit. He could have pushed little Ahsoka back. Perhaps he was just playing with her?

I also agree with the way you described him dying, and on his way down, he could take out a fair amount of those fighters chasing him! That way, it would be like no Jedi could defeat Grievous (OK, realistically, I know this isn't true, but I could use it as a backup for my he is so badass: no Jedi they sent after him could kill him stick out tongue ).

Originally posted by roughrider
I really like Grievous, but eventually his weakness - not being a real Jedi - came back to cause his eventual defeat. It took a while for the Jedi to figure him out, but once they did...
You can see what Lucas was doing with characters like Darth Maul, Dooku, and finally Grievous - he was working towards what Darth Vader would become.

Yes, definitely, most notable, of course, would be Grievous, being almost just what Vader would become, half living, half machine. Only Anakin would be so much more powerful, obviously, with his strong use of the force behind him.

InfernoJG95
Well he got beaten by a youngling what would be worse is C-3PO beating grievous

Lord Shadow Z
My first impression on Grievious was that he sounded Jamaican in the movie, definitely had a lilt to his voice, along with the asthma/heavy breathing.

He should have been seen doing something badass in the films because if most the audience don't have any pre-knowledge from other areas it really de-values the character.

It's a bit like Darth Maul really, he (Lucas) introduces the character then for whatever reason he discards them fairly quickly offering no chance to expand on them (on film anyway). Which in Maul's case is a shame, should have least made AOTC...

queeq
He kinda does the same with Dooku. Lucas doesn't seem to convinced about his villains.

Hybris
except for palps ofcourse

Sith Master X
I just never got into Grevious. I think it was the coughing....

queeq
Ot the shallowness of the character.

Sith Master X
That too. lol

Kazenji
Well they did go over his character in the comics the before and after....well i think it was or could be wrong because theres a origin for him on the wikipedia's which came from somwhere.

queeq
And that's all EU. So if we need EU to "get" a character, that only shows how flawed the movie is.

Kazenji
Lucas once again failed to expand on another character.

queeq
Expand or create? His PT characters seem to be more external creations for merchandise purposes than creations with content and personality.

Kazenji
Well it seems he expects the EU people involved with books, comics etc to expand on the characters and for the people to read up on them if they wish to know more.

queeq
Why do you say that??? That would mean you have to read the books first to understand the movies... That'd be rather insane.

Kazenji
Well Certain characters such as General Grevious, Darth Maul and couple of others.

Sith Master X
There were some characters I definitely understood from the movies.

Obi-Wan I understood, Palpatine I understood, Yoda....Qui-Gon...

But there were many left to be desired...such as Mace, Anakin, Padme, Dooku, Maul and Grievous...
Anakin I understand to an extent, (his attachments, his desire to be a Jedi) but I can't understand his motive for all of the sudden feeling "lost" in Episode III. Just because they won't make him a Jedi master? That's rather absurd because he was still young and had his entire career ahead of him to watch that happen.

And speaking of not understanding something, I certainly don't understand this one: "I'm sending you to the Mustafar system in the outer rim. It is a volcanic planet. You will be safe there."

Oh joy! It sounds so cozy and safe! A planet spewing and oozing with molten hot lava is exactly my idea of security. lol I stand by my statement no matter what.....that Mustafar, as cool as it may be, was somewhat forced and not necessary. My vision of Anakin and Obi-Wan was always an epic fight in the Jedi Temple, with Anakin using the force to crumble the statues of legendary Jedi into dust as he walks toward Obi-Wan, destroying the foundation and legacy of the Jedi, while Obi-Wan., in the midst of all the fog and dust and structures falling in on themselves, tries to save what little is left of it. If James Cameron rebuilt the Titanic, they could have easily built a lifesize temple and rig it to implode. It would have looked so real, and so epic, and you bet your you know what that I would have taken that any day over a CGI Mustafar.

And I still find a way to love and enjoy these movies no matter what.

queeq
How do you do it? laughing out loud

Sith Master X
By accepting that they're just movies and made for entertainment. big grin

And growing up with the PT definitely played into my favor. The movies were part of my childhood.

queeq
That's a factor in this.

I don't like all the movies I liked as a kid. Some show themselves as pretty lousy... SW OT however still holds up well as some of the greatest movies ever made IMHO.

Sith Master X
Well you definitely make a point. There were several things I loved as a kid that I now find to be complete garbage...."Batman and Robin" lol

But for some reason the SW films...all six of them have just stuck with me.

queeq
They did to me, although PT will always be remembered in my mind as film history's greatest missed opportunity.

roughrider
Originally posted by queeq
They did to me, although PT will always be remembered in my mind as film history's greatest missed opportunity.

Which is why you spend time in here as a Moderator, of course. If someone was really as depressed as you were about the PT, they would have moved on to something else in their life, instead of spending 10+ years complaining.

Or is Lucas bashing so addictive you can't stop?

~JP~
Oh jeeez get over yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic) Queeq has hardly spent 10 years complaining or bashing Lucas. He always has a valid point and seeing how is is involved in film/television production I think he has the knowledge to back up his statements.

roughrider
Originally posted by ~JP~
Oh jeeez get over yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic) Queeq has hardly spent 10 years complaining or bashing Lucas. He always has a valid point and seeing how is is involved in film/television production I think he has the knowledge to back up his statements.

It's the argument I have brought up before - how does a trilogy gross $2.5 billion worldwide, actually score fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and apparently NOBODY likes it? Answer: a tiny internet minority who think they know more about STAR WARS than Lucas creates this illusion, because they whine louder than anyone could possibly imagine.

I may have little criticisms of my own regarding the PT, but calling it the greatest missed opportunity in film history is just too over the top. When you consider the massive bombs that have bankrupted studios and nearly ended careers throughout the past century - the PT is nowhere near that category.

And I'm in the TV & Film industry as well. And probably one of the few in this forum who actually went to the OT when it was first in the theatres 30 years ago. That gives you a different perspective than the VHS generation.

~JP~
Originally posted by roughrider
It's the argument I have brought up before - how does a trilogy gross $2.5 billion worldwide, actually score fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and apparently NOBODY likes it? Answer: a tiny internet minority who think they know more about STAR WARS than Lucas creates this illusion, because they whine louder than anyone could possibly imagine.

I may have little criticisms of my own regarding the PT, but calling it the greatest missed opportunity in film history is just too over the top. When you consider the massive bombs that have bankrupted studios and nearly ended careers throughout the past century - the PT is nowhere near that category.

And I'm in the TV & Film industry as well. And probably one of the few in this forum who actually went to the OT when it was first in the theatres 30 years ago. That gives you a different perspective than the VHS generation.

First of all, I'm 8 years older than you are so you can add me to the list of people who saw ANH in the theaters the day it premiered and I was 16 not 8. Secondly, I think the point Queeq is trying to make is that the PT could have been WAY better than it turned out. And given the fact that SW is universally known as one of the triumphs in film making Lucas missed his chance at making the PT as good as the OT. I myself love all 6 of the movies and I still maintain that as good as ROTS is, it should have been way better given the book which Lucas endorsed. The mans writing style as far as dialog goes is horrendous and stilted. At the very least he could have had someone else do the screenplay. That being said, Im not one of these people that sits around trashing the PT. It is what it is and as a fan I can accept it and to be honest I like the PT. Is it great? No, but I enjoy watching those movies. However I think Lucas need to just STOP there and quit frickin around with the entire saga and leave it alone.

queeq
I saw the movie in 1977 in the theater... so what's the point?

The OT as a narrative has much more to offer than the PT. The PT is, storywise, flawed on so many levels that books can be written about them. Yet, it was the OT had to suffer from all the limitations of the time in contrast to Lucas' vision. The Man with a vision that spanned so far in the future that no one could touch the power of the OT, movies that drew millons of people that loved it and not just KIDS (just look at the famous long cue pics... I see few little kids there). The OT dwarfed classic sci-fi like Star Trek... and yet, Lucas always insisted wisely on the principle that the story came first and visual effects were mere tools to tell that story...

Now in 1998 he revamped the franchise when finally technology was unlimited in its possibilities (well, very near to). The technology was tehre, all the money was there, all the prospect of making a lot more money was there, billions of eager fans were there and a whole new generation waiting... And what was the first thing that suffered most when Lucas made these films? The Story.... Now, roughrider... that is what I call: the greatest missed opportunity in film history. It has nothing to do with box office results or studios not bombing... It has to do with what was possible in comparison to the OT and what we got. They difference between the two with that in mind is quite horrific...

That's not to say I don't like them. They are far better than Transformers 2 for instance (which was also seen by millions of people, so box office is not really a good test for quality), but they really don't make it when compared to the OT.

The best comparison for the PT is this: I like the OT. Yet, ROTJ was a bit of a disappointed as a whole: it had great stuff, but also quite a bit of not so good stuff. For me, the PT as part of the SW saga is what ROTJ is to the OT.

Sith Master X
And that's a very valid point. I can agree with the fact that many opportunities were missed with the PT, as they were with ROTJ.

But that's always the problem when you have to compare one film to one of it's predecessors. Nothing can ever be looked at as a "stand alone" film when it's part of a long running series. SW suffers from that problem. ROTS at a minimum, is a good film, though many have mistaken it as being "terrible" because they are holding that movie next to the OT and making a constant comparison.

roughrider
Originally posted by ~JP~
First of all, I'm 8 years older than you are so you can add me to the list of people who saw ANH in the theaters the day it premiered and I was 16 not 8. Secondly, I think the point Queeq is trying to make is that the PT could have been WAY better than it turned out. And given the fact that SW is universally known as one of the triumphs in film making Lucas missed his chance at making the PT as good as the OT. I myself love all 6 of the movies and I still maintain that as good as ROTS is, it should have been way better given the book which Lucas endorsed. The mans writing style as far as dialog goes is horrendous and stilted. At the very least he could have had someone else do the screenplay. That being said, Im not one of these people that sits around trashing the PT. It is what it is and as a fan I can accept it and to be honest I like the PT. Is it great? No, but I enjoy watching those movies. However I think Lucas need to just STOP there and quit frickin around with the entire saga and leave it alone.

Your last statement is very important, because it reflects the 'ownership' issues many fans seem to have with the saga; I've been hearing it since the Special Editions came out in 1997. Fans who think Lucas doesn't have the 'right' to make changes or additions to his films - like fundamentalist Christians who interpret the Bible scripture as absolute, and any change as blasphemy. I have always regarded the films as his property, and many of the additions were fine with me. Even if I didn't like them, the films are still the same, in the end. My worldview didn't change because Han DIDN'T shoot first. He was still the same character in the end.

But this fanaticism is something Lucas has put up with since 1977, when certain fans flocked to his parent's house, to give their devotion to the parents of a man delivering a message from God (they believed) Or the crazies who showed up with weapons at his offices demanding a share of the Star Wars profits - read the Dale Pollock bio for things like that. Or being called the Antichrist by other film critics for putting an end to the last Golden Age of cinema; just because he made the kind of film no one had ever seen before.

Every criticism I have heard of the PT, I always thought you could apply to the OT as well if you wanted to.

Horrible dialogue? Check.
Flat acting? Check.
Childish characters? Check.

Some have been consistent with their criticism of all the films; fine. OK.
To me, either you accept it all as a whole, or you don't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>