I need sources proving Palpatine's strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fascistcrusader
I've heard it said on these forums that Sidious has killed off a planet like Nihilus did, that Sidious had mastered every dark side technique, and that Sidious mastered every lightsaber form. I've also heard it said George Lucas stated that he was the most powerful Sith.

I have all the quotes from the novels, soucebooks, and essential chronologies stating that he is the most powerful, but I would like to have sources for the above facts.

((The_Anomaly))
I really don't get what you mean...if you have the sources then what are you looking for?

fascistcrusader
I need sources for this information:

I've heard it said on these forums that Sidious has killed off a planet like Nihilus did, that Sidious had mastered every dark side technique, and that Sidious mastered every lightsaber form. I've also heard it said George Lucas stated that he was the most powerful Sith.

I was just saying I already have the sources and quotes that just say "Palpatine is the strongest" though, so that people wouldn't give me what I already have.

Bespin Bart
There's already a thread for dicussing Palpatine.

fascistcrusader
This isn't a thread for discussing Palpatine, this is a thread where I ask for sources of the statements of the original posts first paragraph. Does nobody have these sources, where these facts just pulled out of thin air?

Lord Knightfa11
who gives a crap... sideous succeeded where all others failed... except for The Dark Side Revan, which, as I am told, is not cannon.

Lord Knightfa11
they were pulled out of Lucas's butt. its easy for lucas to say palpatine is the strongest, but does he consider the people at KMC's Star wars versus forum when he says it? no... thus our sudden snafu, and nobody is allowed to fight palpatine without instantly losing because the palps fanboys are backed by lucas... pretty much...

go suck on it.

Gideon
These are not all of the relevant, canon quotes concerning the issue, and I'm certain that specific individuals will come to try to shed some doubt on them, but it's futile; this should be enough. This is also excluding the rest of the quotes, the incalculable Force feats.

Darth Sexy
Escape said it all. Try to argue with those, Noobaris.

fascistcrusader
Thank you very much Gideon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Vera21
There are also a few panels where Sith spirits contemplate Palpatine, noting him as being extremely powerful or some such thing.

fascistcrusader
There are also a few panels where Sith spirits contemplate Palpatine, noting him as being extremely powerful or some such thing.

That would be in Empire's End, where one Sith spirit says of Sidious, "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Vera21
Yup, that's it. It's been awhile since I've read it.

Gideon
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Thank you very much Gideon. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

To collect all of the quotes and on-panel evidence would take an unparalleled assload of time. Fortunately for my schedule, the quotes are conclusive themselves.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
To collect all of the quotes and on-panel evidence would take an unparalleled assload of time. Fortunately for my schedule, the quotes are conclusive themselves.

If your not named Nebaris they are roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
If your not named Nebaris they are roll eyes (sarcastic)

I believe that Captain REX's philosophy on that particular user is best: in most -- if not all cases -- he should be ignored.

Furthermore, let me reiterate that it is not enough to simply assert a statement or perspective and expect it to hold any water without necessary support. For example, to cast doubt on the quote that " succeeded where all others failed in taming the dark side", the explanation was offered that "taming = make less dangerous, so it means sh1t!!1!" -- this is absurd beyond words. To tame something is to domesticate and control it. This is something positive, not negative, and even the aforementioned (stupid) explanation can be reworked that the Emperor made the dark side less dangerous for himself (compare this with the statement issued by the Essential Guide to the Force that "the more successful the dark sider, the more that dark sider's body decays" -- thus nullifying any theory indicating that there are those whose raw dark side prowess exceeds Palpatine's own).

In short, don't fall into the trap. Don't argue the point. Make these people argue it for you, make them prove why doubt should be cast on these statements.

0°Mandalore°0
I just don't understand why he keeps coming back... I mean, I've been here since March and by then he was already on his, what, 15th sock?

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Escape said it all. Try to argue with those, Noobaris. Ah yes, the darth sexy way of life.... call everything that moves or types noobaris... Noob... maybe, the dark lord Noobaris has been hiding amongst us the whole time? Maybe.... Supreme chancellor Darth Sexy?????

*dramatic cliffhanger music*

has darth sexy been calling anything that moves noobaris to move attention away from himself? will noobaris ever be found? does anybody really care?

tune in next time.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Ah yes, the darth sexy way of life.... call everything that moves or types noobaris... Noob... maybe, the dark lord Noobaris has been hiding amongst us the whole time? Maybe.... Supreme chancellor Darth Sexy?????

*dramatic cliffhanger music*

has darth sexy been calling anything that moves noobaris to move attention away from himself? will noobaris ever be found? does anybody really care?

tune in next time.

Stfu Noob..

Tangible God
Oooo, this gearing up for a great season finale!

Dark-Jaxx
I've heard it said on these forums that Sidious has killed off a planet like Nihilus did No, what he did to Byss was different.

Ivalice

I have all the quotes from the novels, soucebooks, and essential chronologies stating that he is the most powerful, but I would like to have sources for the above facts.

Here are some sources along with the ones i took and borrowed from gideon.

The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed.
-- Death Star, page 76.

"...Yoda could defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology, page 84

Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting.
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the OT sith: No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine.

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: Palpatine at his peak.

Essential Chronology: the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.

The dark side sourcebook.

^This quote in particular states that palpatine was the only man in the entire history of star wars to actually take control and tame the darkside whereas sith lords like revan, exar kun and so on were consumed by the dark side.

Theres also a quote gideon posted about palpatine mastering every aspect of the force, knowledge, alchemy, magic.

And that basically also means that he has not one but two defences against nihilus killer technique
-The fallanasi technique
-The technique zannah used with sith magic to hide her force sensitivity.

Theres too much evidence pointing that sidious IS the most powerful dark sider and sith lord ever for anybody to argue, as subjeckt once said, KIDS who play KOTOR think they can argue against that.

fascistcrusader
Thanks for that Ivalice, but like I said I already had all the quotes that just stated he was the most powerful.

Ivalice
Oh ok, sorry bout that.

Well regarding the feat he performed on byss, it was not really a direct attack the same way nihilus did.

His mere presence on byss was able to transform a "once lush and fertile" world into one of the most powerful dark side places in the galaxy as opposed to places like korriban and malachor V where it took centuries with large populations of the ancient sith to make it a powerful dark side site.

Gideon posted the quote which backs this up.

Regarding palpatine feeding off force energy, again it was not a direct attack. Once again his mere presence feeds of the energies of the citizens of byss draining them slowly yet keeping them alive.

Gideon
I have not been able to discover the location of the shield generator the quote, concerning page 109 of the Dark Empire Sourcebook.

Lord Knightfa11
big grin

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
big grin

The absence of one quote doesn't alter the rest of the overwhelming evidence.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Gideon
I have not been able to discover the location of the shield generator the quote, concerning page 109 of the Dark Empire Sourcebook. The page 109 thing came from nikkolas whom at the current moment is permanently banned so i can't confirm it so ask lightsnake.

But the quote is sure as hell genuine, lightnake was fond of telling it to me 2 years ago and he once had stated the page number.

Lightsnake
I'll get back to you on it. Gideon gave me the books online some time back, so I hope I wasn't misinformed

123KID
you have to be a wound in the Force to survive Nihilus' attack
if you are connected to the Force you die and if you hide your Force presence...you're still connected to the Force and die

Lightsnake
It makes little difference if Nihilus can't attack you, though

Ivalice
Originally posted by 123KID
you have to be a wound in the Force to survive Nihilus' attack
One of the most stupid assumtions ever made, WHERE was it stated you have to be a wound to survive his attack? Prove it will work on an even stronger opponent seeing exar kun could resist a force sever technique.

if you are connected to the Force you die and if you hide your Force presence...you're still connected to the Force and die And sadly if you mask your presence and force bond, he can't
1. Detect your force bond
2. Detect your force sensitivity
3.He can't touch your bond or your sensitivity hence the attack is useless.

Using the fallanasi technique makes it appear that you completely are out of the force.

123KID
because only a wound in the Force has no real connection to the Force
their life is completely independent of the Force
well, the Exile's was.
and Nihilus' technique severs the connection between the Force and life...if that connection does not exist it won't work

what Nihilus does is not Force Sever...and Nihilus is vastly stronger than Exar

that doesn't make any sense
that's like saying if i can't see you i can't reach out and hit you
you've hidden your Force sensitivity but it's still there and ready to be destroyed by Nihilus' power

Ivalice
because only a wound in the Force has no real connection to the Force
Uh wrong, the exile still could be sensed through the force, her connection is STILL there, its just that her bond was wounded.
Tell me, if the exile has no real connection or what so ever, how the hell does she feel the force let alone command it?

Again find a source and prove to me that only a wound in the force can block his attack, prove up or shut up which you have yet to do either.

and Nihilus' technique severs the connection between the Force and life...if that connection does not exist it won't work
And how is he going to sever a connection when its hidden, when he can't see it or sense it and literally not there when the fallanasi technique is applied?

what Nihilus does is not Force Sever...and Nihilus is vastly stronger than Exar It's similar, but it CAN be defended against.

that doesn't make any sense
Simply because you have ZERO common sense, if i'm invisible and your holding a gun, how the hell are you going to know where am i let alone try to kill me?

that's like saying if i can't see you i can't reach out and hit you
you've hidden your Force sensitivity but it's still there and ready to be destroyed by Nihilus' power Provided he can touch the bond which he clearly can't, and for him to do that, he has to touch the bond which in this case he CANNOT sense it NOR can he touch it. Accept it and move on with life pal.

Even if i put up a shield to block lightning, i'm still standing there ready to get blown up PROVIDED my shield and defences drop.

Question, how do you touch or alter something which isn't there? When you apply the fallanasi technique, that happens, your connection isn't there, its well hidden and nihilus can't do anything to touch palpatines or luke skywalkers bond.

Hell prove you can touch the bond of somebody FAR more powerful than nihilus.

123KID
Force bonds healed her
that's obvious to anyone who played the game

other senses ?

get banned again already you troll
the bond is still there and doesn't vanish unless your life is completely separate from the Force

being hidden =/= it isn't there

far more powerful ?
that's pretty stretching it
Palpatine is above Nihilus but Nihilus could give him a good fight
and i can't prove it because well that's the dumbest thing in the history of existence to ask proof for
"PROVE Palpatine's Force Storm will work on someone more powerfult han himself"

retarded

Ivalice
Force bonds healed her
that's obvious to anyone who played the game And what does it mean when force bonds healed her? Shes connected to the force?

other senses ? You have none, i was merely commenting on your lack of competence and common sense.

get banned again already you troll
the bond is still there and doesn't vanish unless your life is completely separate from the Force
Right, its still there, only that nihilus can't reach out to it, touch it sense it see it or do shit to it.

It completely masks your force sensitivity, nihilus would be BLINDED to the user.

being hidden =/= it isn't there

far more powerful ?
According to the ancient sith and dark empire: Yes.

Palpatine mastered EVERY force technique according to the dark empire source book, palpatine KNOWS techniques that nihilus has never even heard of and palpatine knows several insta kill attacks that would own nihilus.

Oh right and palpatines most powerful attack was dubbed prehaps the most powerful force ability ever.

Right and you still have yet to prove how is nihilus going to even touch the bond of a superior opponent.

that's pretty stretching it
Palpatine is above Nihilus but Nihilus could give him a good fight
and i can't prove it
If you can't prove it or provide an argument at all, its best you concede, And how exactly is nihilus going to give palpatine a good fight?

because well that's the dumbest thing in the history of existence to ask proof for
Wow asking proof = dumb. Great logic!

"PROVE Palpatine's Force Storm will work on someone more powerfult han himself" Lol asking me to prove a negative? Firstly it ravages planets, secondly it destroys massive ships 17 km long, Lastly it could wipe out entire armada's. So if you had logic, it would work on somebody inferior.

retarded You seem to fit that case.

Jbill311
can someone give me a link explaining palpatine's force storms PLEASE?!

Blax_Hydralisk
No.

Tangible God
Go to Wookiepedia like all the other lazy bastards who can't be bothered to find the actual source on their own.

I'm one of 'em.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.