Mixed Martial Arts Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solomon Grundy
In the spirit of the NCAA tournament, and my recent Batman readings of his martial prowess, I decided to start a tournament featuring Comic Book Martial Artists. (yeah, time on my hands). Anyway, I've already made the bracket online. I'd like your feedback. The seeding was the hardest thing. No projectiles or powers can be used, but hand held weapons i.e.: knives and swords can be used. I'll do as many matchups as I can per 24 hour period. You guys can read their profiles posted on here, discuss amongst each other, and vote. I'll tally up the votes and we'll see who you guys think is the best. If this goes well, I'll do more with different criteria. I believe the program I used allows you to do predictions as well. Anyways, here is the link to the bracket. If anyone can assist and put the actual bracket on this page, be my guest. DC and Marvel only.

Here's the First tourney matchup. Batman Vs. Shatterstar. This is just like the NCAA tournament. They're are 4 or each seeds 1-16. Batman is a number one while Shatterstar is a number 16. Feel free to discuss reasons why you cast a vote for whichever character

Batman

Unlike many superheroes, Batman has no superpowers and instead relies on "his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess." Batman is physically at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, notably martial arts, acrobatics, strength, and escape artistry. Intellectually, he is just as peerless; Batman is one of the world's greatest scientists, engineers, criminologists, and tacticians, as well as a master of disguise, often gathering information under the identity of Matches Malone. He is regarded as one of the DC Universe's greatest detectives. Rather than simply outfighting his opponents, Batman often uses cunning and planning to outwit them. In Grant Morrison's first storyline in JLA, Superman describes Batman as "the most dangerous man on Earth," able to defeat a team of superpowered aliens all by himself in order to rescue his imprisoned teammates.

Shatterstar

Shatterstar possesses an overall superhuman level of physical and mental power (senses, strength, speed, reflexes, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, endurance), as a result of the extra-dimensional genetic engineering that created him. He is an excellent strategist and has had extensive training in many forms of the martial arts of Mojoworld; in particular, he is a master swordsman. His bones are hollow, making him far lighter than he looks and further increasing his athletic and acrobatic skills. He also has enhanced learning capabilities, being able to quickly learn and master languages and technology. He customarily wields two swords and on occasion carries other weaponry as well. Shatterstar is able to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue much faster than an ordinary human. Injuries such as slashes and stabbings heal completely within a matter of hours. Additionally, his body possesses the ability to shift his internal organs within his body, lessening the chances of serious wounds. He also has the mutant ability to channel and generate powerful vibratory shock waves (and perhaps bio-electricity) charges through these blades, though he rarely uses them as they tend to exhaust him, and prefers to depend instead on his martial prowess. It is not clear as to whether his rarely used mutant abilities were removed after M-Day.

Remember, these contests are based on physical martial arts skills only i.e. assume Shatterstar cannot fire any energy blasts, but he and Batman can use hand held weapons. i.e.: swords, knives etc.

Mr. Slippyfist
Goku?

Solomon Grundy
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Goku?

Marvel, DC only, Goku at another time

Darth Martin
Do they still have their powers?

Solomon Grundy
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Do they still have their powers?

No energy or psychic based powers allowed, only fighting skills.

Solomon Grundy
bump

Darth Martin
I'm saying does Shatterstar have his superhuman senses, strength, speed, reflexes, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.