X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Not sure if a thread has been made, but here's the latest news:

"Hugh Jackman is reprising his role in the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine film, and he's going to have some very interesting actors joining him in the flick.

Both Ryan Reynolds and Black Eyed Peas rapper Will.I.Am have been announced as characters in the movie, though no word on who they will be playing just yet.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Sabretooth, William Stryker and Silver Fox, respectively."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117981136.html?categoryid=10&cs=1

Mairuzu
Can't wait for this to come out

exanda kane
Danny Huston and Hugh Jackman are a good mix.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure if a thread has been made, but here's the latest news:

Actually there is one in the comic book movies section.

Rogue Jedi
Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth?

T.M
Originally posted by Robtard
Both Ryan Reynolds and Black Eyed Peas rapper Will.I.Am have been announced as characters in the movie, though no word on who they will be playing just yet.

I read that Reynolds will be playing Deadpool (Wade Wilson).. and Will.I.Am will be Kestrel (John Wraith)

Also Gambit will be in it big grin played by Taylor Kitsch

regina414
Cool. Gambit is my favorite. Glad they include him in this one.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth?

I'm guessing he'll either be hitting the gym intensely to put on 50 pounds of muscle and the platform boots and makeup will do the rest.

That or they'll just put him in a muscle-suit, like they did with Juggernaut.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by T.M
I read that Reynolds will be playing Deadpool (Wade Wilson)..

If they do this.

I will sex this movie. no expression

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
If they do this.

I will sex this movie. no expression I dont really like Ryan reynolds but i like deadpool

and yea, thats what they are doing

steverules
Ryan Reynolds as deadpool....thats a good choice right there

Mairuzu
i hope it works out

Darth Martin
Hope Reynolds doesn't force his jokes too hard when playing Deadpool like he did in Blade: Trinity.

Mairuzu
He over did it... yea

steverules
He was funny in Van Wilder, waiting and just friends....blade: trinity...not so much

Mairuzu
I never really found him funny at all

JediSamuraiMRB
I hope this doesn't suck since all these people are going to be in it. Can't wait for the free screening..

Syren
I am so looking forward to this and Gambit's my favourite character so I'm doubly excited. Wolverine's a close second so I'm sure I'll be more than happy.

Taylor Kitsch? I don't think I've seen a movie of his but I'm not sure whether I like the look, to be honest erm

exanda kane
Yeah, I have to admit, I've wanted to see Gambit brought to life at the cinema and I shoved that guys name into IMDB and I'm not all that optimistic. Gambit's a bit of a ludicrous character, with that accent, the exploding cards and such and such, but he's still a really charismatic bloke and Taylor Kitsch doesn't look particuarly exemplary of that trait.

If he has to compete with Hugh Jackman (the man's walking charisma basically!) in any scene, it doesn't look like he could hold his own.

Mairuzu
Sawyer from LOST (Josh holloway) should be playing Gambit sly

exanda kane
He's a bit of a whiner though.

Mairuzu
really? never knew that

SnakeEyes
I so hope they do this film right. Wolverine has been my favorite comic character since I was a tiny child. All I can do is cross my fingers.

aciam
Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am is part of the cast of the upcoming X-men film?!? i wonder what role he's going to play..or if he can act..

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by aciam
Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am is part of the cast of the upcoming X-men film?!? i wonder what role he's going to play..or if he can act..

He can't act, but I forget his role. Dominic Monaghan has also joined up.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by aciam

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/TiredHiker/atariforce_9_largekmc.jpg

T.M
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
He can't act, but I forget his role. Dominic Monaghan has also joined up.

Kestrel

faithxp
When it will be release.,?

exanda kane
Summer '09 I think

Kazenji

queeq
This movie sounds like a bad idea.

Darth Martin
All of the X-Men films were centered around Wolverine anyway.

Syren
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Sawyer from LOST (Josh holloway) should be playing Gambit sly

I liked the look of him when it was suggested some time ago. But, to be honest, they'd have to cast Gambit absolutely perfectly for me to be happy. And I can't think of anyone I'd like to play him shrug

Impediment
Casting a rapper in a movie usually turns out badly, if you ask me.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Impediment

QFT

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Martin
All of the X-Men films were centered around Wolverine anyway.

So? The Wolverine story was done after X2. There's nothing really more we need to know.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

Indeed, 99.9% of the time, it's a sign or a shit script.

Producers: "Hmmm... how can we get kids to see this movie? Wait, who's that black guy with the hit song that's popular right now?"

Robtard
Originally posted by queeq
So? The Wolverine story was done after X2. There's nothing really more we need to know.

It's say's "Origins", so I suspect it's about Logan and how be became Wolverine, i.e. the experiment, the brain-washing etc. etc. etc. At least I hope they go that route.

queeq
I know I know. But we already know what we need to know about that. It's like Hannibal Rising... who cares? Leave some mystery around these characters... I hate it when everything needs to be explained. Commercial movie makers more and more seem to think humanity is devolving: they're losing imagination. Well, self-fulfilling prophesy I suppose.

Robtard
I know I know. But we already know what we need to know about that. It's like Hannibal Rising... who cares? Leave some mystery around these characters... I hate it when everything needs to be explained. Commercial movie makers more and more seem to think humanity is devolving: they're losing imagination. Well, self-fulfilling prophesy I suppose.

It's already been explained in several comic books and graphic novels, this would just be a movie version of it.

It's about the money, dude. Comic book movies do well, very well sometimes. Wolverine happens to be one of the most popular characters, so that equates to $$$. It has nothing to do with what you said.

queeq
I know.... sadly I know. But if it turns out even worse than X3, they ruin the character. And I hate to see that.

exanda kane
In a film full of obvious flaws, I liked what they did with Wolverine in X3; the dynamic in "the team," with no obvious parental or guardian figures. Movie sucks though.

Kazenji
I know.... sadly I know. But if it turns out even worse than X3, they ruin the character. And I hate to see that.

I hoping it does'nt since Gavin Hood is the director and he's done two good films.

queeq
Yes, but no big US blockbuster stuff. Hope he survives the Hollywood ordeal.

Losty
there shooting this atm in sydney

queeq
Any spoilers?

faithxp
I was excited on it., when it will be released.,?

T.M
Originally posted by faithxp
When it will be release.,?

Originally posted by exanda kane
Summer '09 I think

regina414
Ryan Reynolds is a hunk. Love his abs. LOL

Ax3l
Is he playing Deadpool? I find that to be great.

T.M
Reynolds is indeed playing Deadpool

Ax3l
Sounds good to me. He'd be able to bring the humor of the character

T.M
Agreed.

I wonder if they will let the character break the 4th wall like in the comics..

Robtard
Originally posted by regina414
Ryan Reynolds is a hunk. Love his abs. LOL

It's almost a guarantee he'll find some way to show them too.

bizEb
this better be good. can't believe how many bad comic movies have been made lately. they're just pumping them out. i can't wait to see it.

regina414
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is superb.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by T.M
\I wonder if they will let the character break the 4th wall like in the comics..

That would be pentultimate.

regina414
Liev Schreiber will play Sabretooth.

Syren
Originally posted by regina414
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is superb.

Agreed yes

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Syren
I am so looking forward to this and Gambit's my favourite character so I'm doubly excited. Wolverine's a close second so I'm sure I'll be more than happy.

Taylor Kitsch? I don't think I've seen a movie of his but I'm not sure whether I like the look, to be honest erm Almost exactly what I was gonna say except I do like Kitsch's look.
Either way, can hardly wait for it.

amlap
i love the idea that deadpool is gonna make an appearance to the big screen... he is by far one of the most under rated marvel characters.

i hope they write the character true enough to the books and hopefully the performace by ryan reynolds is strong enough to consider a sequel, either a deadpool movie or cable/deadpool movie... bacause the titled book is soooooo good.

as for wolverine.... blah.... the character in the other hand is one of the most over rated marvel characters... like batman, wolverine has an awesome cast of villians and sidekick/partners.... but lets be serious, hes no bruce wayne.

although im a fan of gambit i feel his break through to the big screen in the wolverine movie is just a ploy to sell more tickets.... that maybe they arent completely banking on the wolverine characer alone to selll the moive... esp after x-men 3.... hench also deadpool.

and lets face it after watching the saturday morning fox x-man cartoon, i dont think there is a better way to protray gambit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.