Captain America vs. Shatterstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
big grin Shatterstar has the combo science/magic blade. I think he can peirce the shield with it and combined with his bio blast defeat Captain America.

Papa Smurph
Yeah but if Cap decides to fight back Shatterstar goes down.

shiv
Shatterstar narrows eyes. and k.o.s Cap with a vibe blast.

tkitna
Captain America isnt going to lose to this c-lister.

(although he probably should)

guy222
bumprav

shiv
Shatterstar's secondary mutation f.t.w.
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/9/9e/S_star.jpg/440px-S_star.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/373747-88006-shatterstar_large.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Wonder Man
big grin Shatterstar has the combo science/magic blade. I think he can peirce the shield with it and combined with his bio blast defeat Captain America.

I wouldn't pierce the shield, if it could than it would have been able to slice through Wolverines claws, and it can't. Hand to Hand Captain America is head and shoulders above Shatterstar, not to mention physically Cap would manhandle him.... I always got the impression that Shatterstar was more on Night Thrashers level. Didn't Wolverine beat him in one move?

King KAM
Originally posted by Stoic
I wouldn't pierce the shield, if it could than it would have been able to slice through Wolverines claws, and it can't. Hand to Hand Captain America is head and shoulders above Shatterstar, not to mention physically Cap would manhandle him.... I always got the impression that Shatterstar was more on Night Thrashers level. Didn't Wolverine beat him in one move? I see you've wrapped this one up... So uhhh I'll keep my argument brief.

Cap wins

Bouboumaster
Shatterstar + mullet = defeat.

King KAM
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Shatterstar + mullet = defeat. I concur, that is one mega-mullet.

But in this case it wont be enough

shiv
I wouldn't pierce the shield, if it could than it would have been able to slice through Wolverines claws, and it can't. Hand to Hand Captain America is head and shoulders above Shatterstar, not to mention physically Cap would manhandle him.... I always got the impression that Shatterstar was more on Night Thrashers level. Didn't Wolverine beat him in one move?

by the way Juggernaught is invulnerable Shatterstar cut him up through his armour like a ripe tomato.

Same things happening to the shield. too bad it doesn't have a HF and can't hit back stick out tongue

cap is physically superior? lol1.
Next thing you know kmc'll be saying Shatterstar is peak human. Give it a coupla weeks the belief will shift to 'regular human who works out occassionally

adamantium > magic sword. wrong.

shatterstar changes swords.
Like Punisher changes guns
and Batman changes transportation

you will have to prove Shatterstar was using "the" magic blade on Logan. in a non PIS event.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has outright demolished Shatterstar 3 or 4 times with no effort what so ever. Shatterstar can't hand with someone in Cap's league.

And FYI - Shatterstar's sword bypassed Juggernauts force field because he/it was from an other dimension... which apparently is a loophole in Juggernaut's magic invulnerability (read: plot device); since Captain America's shield durability ISN'T the result of MAGIC, and doesn't have a magical, unexplained loophole to get around its durability, Shatterstar won't even SCUFF it. His sword isn't a magic "I cut through anything" device - It's pretty much exlusive too a magic "I can bypass Juggernaut's invulnerability" device; as such it won't do more to Cap's shield or Adamantium then a norman sword.

shiv
With respect Shatterstar is written out of character for plots involving Wolverine

There is a period where the character went through an identity crisis feats during this period are not valid.

Just like there is a period where Logan was deprived of adamantium and his wife was messing with his head.
I would never cite Logan's defeats or low showings in that period in a vs thread.

Battlehammer
correct in most respects excpt, that capt is physically not superior. Shatter star is superhuman in ever area including healing and if not mistaken even has superhuman senses.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by shiv
With respect Shatterstar is written out of character for plots involving Wolverine

There is a period where the character went through an identity crisis feats during this period are not valid.

Just like there is a period where Logan was deprived of adamantium and his wife was messing with his head.
I would never cite Logan's defeats or low showings in that period in a vs thread.
oh pleases wolverine has defeated him on three ocassions and rather easily.

oh and what wife? you mean madam hydra?

shiv
I like it when you say please embarrasment

You are correct Battlehammer
Shatterstar has senses equal to James Proudstar, Feral, Thorne, Wolfsbane and Wolverine.

in agility, reflexes, speed and strength Shatterstar is ahead of Logan.
In HF they are equal. Logan has near-instantaneous healing and Shatterstar's genetically advanced alien tissue has a higher density he can also reposition organs to support his HF.

Placidity
Why does this topic have a "love heart" topic icon? I think mods should consider a ban.

Endrict Nuul
SS wins.

King KAM
Originally posted by Battlehammer
correct in most respects excpt, that capt is physically not superior. Shatter star is superhuman in ever area including healing and if not mistaken even has superhuman senses. And he has shown that he is capapble of doing things that Cap can when?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by King KAM
And he has shown that he is capapble of doing things that Cap can when?

Think SS got impaled once, he still loses though.

King KAM
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Think SS got impaled once, he still loses though. Dont you love it when people always talk about healing factors and forget about Caps? Shatterstar has never shown any healing that would 1.Save him from being beaten into a bloody pulp 2. More impressive than Cap.

Phantom Zone
Dont you love it when people always talk about healing factors and forget about Caps?

Who gives a **** about Caps HF. SS is a chump and hes loses period. I don't see how anybodys going to prove otherwise. Hell Wolverines got a much better HF and look what happened to him, whats SS gonna do?

Cap 10/10 or 9/10 because Cap might trip over and knock himself out by some freak occurence.

King KAM
Who gives a **** about Caps HF. SS is a chump and hes loses period. I don't see how anybodys going to prove otherwise. Hell Wolverines got a much better HF and look what happened to him, whats SS gonna do?

Cap 10/10 or 9/10 because Cap might trip over and knock himself out by some freak occurence. WHAT?! CAP NEVER MAKES MISTAKES TAKE IT BACK!!!

Phantom Zone
WHAT?! CAP NEVER MAKES MISTAKES TAKE IT BACK!!!

Ok serioulsy Cap 10/10.

srankmissingnin
IIRC Shatterstar had a 3 issue mini a few years back where he was fighting some red ninja dudes (dudes who where noted as NOT being part of the hand due to lack of skill)... and three of them beat him up (or at least gave him a heck of a fight).

So... yeah... Shatterstar lost to three random canon fodder ninjas... ninjas who weren't as skilled as... lol... the Hand.

Cavalier
Domino's embarrassed Shatterstar when she had some busted ribs and a device that cut her reaction time in half.

Cap dominates SS.

srankmissingnin

guy222
cap

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
IIRC Shatterstar had a 3 issue mini a few years back where he was fighting some red ninja dudes (dudes who where noted as NOT being part of the hand due to lack of skill)... and three of them beat him up (or at least gave him a heck of a fight).

So... yeah... Shatterstar lost to three random canon fodder ninjas... ninjas who weren't as skilled as... lol... the Hand.

This guy seems like a joke....closing.

Battlehammer
I like it when you say please embarrasment

You are correct Battlehammer
Shatterstar has senses equal to James Proudstar, Feral, Thorne, Wolfsbane and Wolverine.

in agility, reflexes, speed and strength Shatterstar is ahead of Logan.
In HF they are equal. Logan has near-instantaneous healing and Shatterstar's genetically advanced alien tissue has a higher density he can also reposition organs to support his HF.

..............No he does not..........hell the people you lsited don't even have similar levels of senses........Logan senses are a great deal more superior then every person you mention. Proudstar the only one that really compreable to shatterstar in term of hieghten senses due to the fact ferral,thorne ect all have great deal better hyper senses then proudstar or shatter star.

prove it. Shatter has never been shown, stated or proven to be phsyically superior to wolverine in the areas you just stated.......

.......equal in HF............now I know your full of shit.........shatter star has never proven to have a healing factor closes to wolverines level. The dudes put down by simple stab wounds..........

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Battlehammer
..............No he does not..........hell the people you lsited don't even have similar levels of senses........Logan senses are a great deal more superior then every person you mention. Proudstar the only one that really compreable to shatterstar in term of hieghten senses due to the fact ferral,thorne ect all have great deal better hyper senses then proudstar or shatter star.

prove it. Shatter has never been shown, stated or proven to be phsyically superior to wolverine in the areas you just stated.......

.......equal in HF............now I know your full of shit.........shatter star has never proven to have a healing factor closes to wolverines level. The dudes put down by simple stab wounds..........

Who cares SS loses.

Warrior18
This guy seems like a joke....closing.

Yeh I know nothing of the character but based on what iv'e heard here he does sound like a complete clown even though on paper he should be good.

Battlehammer
he good, but capts better

shiv

Warrior18
Indeed I have been educated. It appears SS is not the joke I thought he was.

Battlehammer
Those two fights occurred when Shatterstar entered the 616 dimension. During this period he was in a proccess of acclimatisation to a new habitat. He is an alien. When Martian Manhunter and Warlock entered DC and Marvel earth respectively they were afflicted with CIS.
In the xcutioners song crossover SS was out of character and in the Six issue xforce legend returns miniseries Logan SS and Deadpool bump into each other and shake swords growl and strike a few poses. That is not a fight.

that the hel are you talking about?

srank was refferring to when wolverine beat shatterstar with his fists while shatter star was armed.........

when wolverine stabb shatter star through the chest within seconds of the battle putting shatter star down.........

when wolverine pinned shatter star to the ground defensesless within seconds again.

Battlehammer
Capt wins due to superior skills and tactical mind

shiv
yawn.
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine247.jpg

Silent Master
Deadpool has also easily beaten Shatterstar.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Silent Master
Deadpool has also easily beaten Shatterstar.

To be fair SS had just done a training session...wow what a memory I have.

Silent Master
A training session that Deadpool watched some of and noticed something like 17 holes in Shatterstar's fighting style.

Phantom Zone
A training session that Deadpool watched some of and noticed something like 17 holes in Shatterstar's fighting style.

Hmm not sure if thats conclusive. Iron Fist did after all says Caps technique was basic, but SS would have probably still lost just a lesser degree of ownage.

Anyway all of SS other fights indicate what DP said was true, but if had made that statement I would not use that on its own as evidence.

Silent Master
Difference is, Deadpool actually watched Shatterstar train, Iron-Fist based his opinion off a couple of attacks.

shiv
Deadpool had prep plus access to files mapping SS's physical stats from Vanessa Carlisle.

Deadpool watched SS practise fighting earth-style. then engages him in h2h when his prep is complete.

w/o prep Shatterstar cut Deadpool into pieces and mailed him back to Tolliver by Fed-ex.

Silent Master
Wasn't that a team effort?

Phantom Zone
Difference is, Deadpool actually watched Shatterstar train, Iron-Fist based his opinion off a couple of attacks.

Good point. Some moron was using this as proof that Batman is better at h2h than Cap.

shiv
Wasn't that a team effort?

Making sure Deadpool didn't teleport away was Cable's job and making sure he didn't run away from the arena was a team effort.

Just like in SS vs Cable in the Danger room. The team was there to keep SS from running away

Silent Master
Do you have scans?

King KAM
Those two fights occurred when Shatterstar entered the 616 dimension. During this period he was in a proccess of acclimatisation to a new habitat. He is an alien. When Martian Manhunter and Warlock entered DC and Marvel earth respectively they were afflicted with CIS.
In the xcutioners song crossover SS was out of character and in the Six issue xforce legend returns miniseries Logan SS and Deadpool bump into each other and shake swords growl and strike a few poses. That is not a fight.

Phantom Zone: when cornered SS's signature move is to push his sword through his centre chest to impale an opponent directly behind him.
This is a feat not a faliure. his ability to reposition his internal organs, his alien regenerative ability and HF protect him.

If Cap grabs SS in a headlock. He dies instantly. SS is faster stronger and can move his heart out of the way but can Cap?

As for the ninjas they were sent by the heir of his deceased master, angry at SS for endangering her fathers life. She held him responsible for the death of her father and the elite core of ninjas who died defending the Temple.
SS did not want to fight his assailants. only a few months earlier the junior ninjas looked up to him as his masters greatest student. SS was on a guilt trip. In the miniseries with Spiral SS is found participating in cage fight events essentially looking to absolve his guilt through lowering his defences to take punishment.
Wolverine has a different method. Beer.
And Rogue has Ice cream.

Context is important when presenting feats

Shatterstar 10/10 yet you have done nothing with that HUGE post but make excuses for why all of his showings were low, now give me some feats to back up why he beats the cap.

Since when does repositioning organs save you against cap, I mean...surre cap loves to headlock people right?! WRONG! And si nce when does being able to put your heart in your crotch save you against getting kicked in the face? Oh, Yeah... It doesnt.

As for shatterstar being more impressive than Cap, like i said FEATS please!!!! With pics, thankyou. Until then this debate isnt even really a debate.

King KAM
Deadpool had prep plus access to files mapping SS's physical stats from Vanessa Carlisle.

Deadpool watched SS practise fighting earth-style. then engages him in h2h when his prep is complete.

w/o prep Shatterstar cut Deadpool into pieces and mailed him back to Tolliver by Fed-ex. BASED ON WHAT?!?!?!?! You say all these things, and bring absolutley zero feats to back them up!

King KAM
A training session that Deadpool watched some of and noticed something like 17 holes in Shatterstar's fighting style. Deadpool has seen Cap fight numerous times, and still avoids any h2h conflict with him, like a Nun avoids a Slayer concert.

Phantom Zone
LOL somebody needs to give shiv one of those fail pics. I got one in mind but im too busy.

King KAM

w/o prep Shatterstar cut Deadpool into pieces and mailed him back to Tolliver by Fed-ex. http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2141/failir9.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/failir9.jpg/1/w382.png

Phantom Zone
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2141/failir9.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/failir9.jpg/1/w382.png

Nah I could pick a better one. I just can't be assed I got one especially for a certain poster.

shiv
LOL somebody needs to give shiv one of those fail pics. I got one in mind but im too busy.

YAWN.
http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/lions/Lioness-Yawning-leeuw4.jpg

Threat Noted and Filed.

Cavalier
Might as well post scans...

Originally posted by Cavalier
Domino's embarrassed Shatterstar when she had some busted ribs and a device that cut her reaction time in half.

Cap dominates SS. Domino's reactions are cut in half here, and she has to shut out all impulses from her luck... so she's basically powerless. Originally posted by Cavalier
X-Force #76

-Right now, Dom has a neural inhibitor attached to the base of her skull that screws with her reaction times, and essentially depowers her

Now, she battles Shatterstar (rematch)

Prior to this match:

-She's cracked two ribs
-She's exhausted from having gone up against (and defeated) eight other combatants so far
-She is inhibited from having to play to the camera

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/Domino/xforce_076_13.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/Domino/xforce_076_14.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/Domino/xforce_076_15.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/Domino/xforce_076_16.jpg

shiv
That would be when SS is recovering from Gamesmaster messing with his mind

Cavalier
That would be when SS is recovering from Gamesmaster messing with his mind But he was completely in his right mind.

And fighting is his basic nature, so even if he was recovering, I doubt it severely affected his ability.

shiv
Originally posted by Cavalier
But he was completely in his right mind.

And fighting is his basic nature, so even if he was recovering, I doubt it severely affected his ability.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2156/189455-shatterstar_400.jpg

Phantom Zone
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2156/189455-shatterstar_400.jpg

Don't matter Dom had more factors against her. Knowing you the pic is probably out of context.

shiv
You Have fallen beneath my Notice.
-------------------------------------------------------

Goodbye.

Phantom Zone
This guys on drugs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.