Gears of War 2!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
2008 is a big year for the Xbox 360...even bigger than 2007...Cliff B has announced Gears of War exclusive to the Xbox 360 and it is scheduled for release this November...OH YEAH!

The lead designer of Epic said GoW 1 was merely an introduction to the engine, the graphics, the story and the characters. He promises GoW2 will be much bigger, deeper and far more badass!

Official GoW 2 teaser trailer "Duel"

5aUJb30loJQ

*Revs Chainsaw bayonet!*

superchron
November can't come soon enough rock

Superboy Prime
I'm hoping Epic will make the story much deeper, because to be honest it has potential.

Edit: "Gears of War 1 was an appetizer" droolio

JmEw09LSMMI

SnakeEyes
November?!

I don't know if I can wait that long.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
November?!

I don't know if I can wait that long.

Yeah, me neither. but, i'm not putting any stock in a November release.

This is god damn great news, though, I wonder why we didn't hear anything about this at E3.

Superboy Prime
I'm wondering why this trailer reminds me so much of Sin City. Does the guy that voices Marcus do Marv's voice in the Sin City movie or what?

I hope nothing happens to Dominic Santiago...I like the guy and he was Marcus's loyal friend. I also like his description for the Vs. "The guy you want on your side when it all hits the fan."

ragesRemorse
As far as i know, Mickey Rourke is responsible for the voice of Marcus.

Superboy Prime
Aye.

I suppose its just the tone of Marcus and his speech about Death...the all red theme might have something to do with it too...ala Sin City's black and white.

Blax_Hydralisk
Marcus's vocie was played John Dimaggio wasn't it?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
As far as i know, Mickey Rourke is responsible for the voice of Marcus.

Responsible as in the inspiration for?

As stated by Blax, John DiMaggio does the voice of Fenix, he also does the voice of Bender from Futurama. That's talent for you.

-AC

Joe K
Oh wow, I cant wait.

Im so excited!

General G
This game...looks sweet, and I can't wait.

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Responsible as in the inspiration for?

As stated by Blax, John DiMaggio does the voice of Fenix, he also does the voice of Bender from Futurama. That's talent for you.

-AC

He also did Wakka's and Kimahri's voices in FFX and FFX-2.

Raijin
Wow, they sound nothing like eachother, but Wakka does sound a lot like Bender, DiMaggio is seriously talented.

Joe K
Omg im like telling everyone about this! haha

WrathfulDwarf
I just pre-order my copy at Gamestop.

Epic haven't announce a Limited Edition. But guess what? Gamestop is taking them. So I place the order for my LE copy.

There is already a list.

I'm #8

Eat your hearts! batman

Oh yeah, Epic did announce it. mmm

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
2008 is a big year for the Xbox 360...even bigger than 2007...Cliff B has announced Gears of War exclusive to the Xbox 360 and it is scheduled for release this November...OH YEAH!

The lead designer of Epic said GoW 1 was merely an introduction to the engine, the graphics, the story and the characters. He promises GoW2 will be much bigger, deeper and far more badass!

Official GoW 2 teaser trailer "Duel"

5aUJb30loJQ

*Revs Chainsaw bayonet!*

Will it be just as boring and uninteresting as the first, or are they going to make GOW II good...I may pick it up just to see there take on an obvious shallow sequel, of now obvious trilogy's, I give them there dues they know how to market the thing, I hope new features will be implemented and a bit more for your money's worth as well, doubtful but we can all hope now.

JKozzy
I don't understand why people can't wait until November... having a game announced and released in the same year is pretty satisfying. I can wait until November, I think it's reasonable, considering everything they've had to work on for the game. Preordered the LE today as well.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Will it be just as boring and uninteresting as the first, or are they going to make GOW II good...I may pick it up just to see there take on an obvious shallow sequel, of now obvious trilogy's, I give them there dues they know how to market the thing, I hope new features will be implemented and a bit more for your money's worth as well, doubtful but we can all hope now.
How was Gears uninteresting? It brought about a new gaming style unlike what we've seen before, and it's plotline was excellent. If you didn't like the first one because of the gameplay I doubt it'll change it won't be like halo where your battles take place on a beautiful grassy plain. With no cover in sight. But from what I have seen it looks like you'll be battling a lot more locust at once.

Blax_Hydralisk
I hope so.

Gears of War 1 had one of the most easiest campaign's I have ever played. It's "Insane" difficulty was depressingly easy.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I hope so.

Gears of War 1 had one of the most easiest campaign's I have ever played. It's "Insane" difficulty was depressingly easy.
Check out their tech demo. It shows that now they can create over a hundred locusts in one area at a given time. GoW didn't have that type of power. So hopefully they'll use it.

Neo Darkhalen

Alpha Centauri
No, it was, short, boring and easy as heck, the game offers nothing new bar from a cover system, the story leaves alot to be desired and the last boss is as pathetic as that of Guilty Spark, Multiplayer is nothing special, the graphics are uninteresting and apart from Multiplayer there is nothing left to offer.

Any longer and you would have moaned that the game was too repetitive. You're one of those people who moans no matter what. You'd get a cancer cure and say "Meh, but it doesn't cure AIDS.".

Multiplayer was nothing special cos they didn't make a multiplayer game, they made a game for players, and happened to include an additional multiplayer mode. They didn't make Halo, a game that thrives on multiplayer.

Uninteresting graphics? Considering they're easily some of the best graphics we've seen...ever...in gaming, I think that's just you going way over the top with the anti-hype.

Give me Timesplitters 3 for PS2/Xbox, which has 150 playable characters, many game modes like virus, monkey tag, gladiator, eliminator, vampire, thief, shrink ect, a challenge mode, two arcade modes, a stage maker, Internet and regular multiplayer, story mode, creative weapons, oh and cool bosses when they appear.

Do you want different coloured outfits and a Malibu Stacy hat with that?

All of the things you just said wouldn't make it a better game, it'd simply make your multiplayer experience a lot more fun. Gears had a story mode, that's the problem with your perception and the perception of a lot of gamers nowadays.

It's story "Mode". Since when was the actual story just another mode? It's meant to be the focal point, multiplayer was and still is the add on, unless you aim to make a multiplayer game. Epic didn't, they made a single player experience.

Wow a PS2/Xbox game has more extras to it then a 360 game; they are good extras at that, plus Timesplitters humor, parody's and trivia.

Then go play Timesplitters, there's your solution, what are you moaning about? Gears is primarily a single player/co-op STORY "mode" experience, not a multiplayer, "SQUEEE! I CAN WEAR A DIFFERENT OUTFIT!" multiplayer game.

It wasn't for you, so stop playing it. Go play Timesplitters (Which I loved, but your point is dumb).

-AC

Neo Darkhalen
Any longer and you would have moaned that the game was too repetitive. You're one of those people who moans no matter what. You'd get a cancer cure and say "Meh, but it doesn't cure AIDS.".

Multiplayer was nothing special cos they didn't make a multiplayer game, they made a game for players, and happened to include an additional multiplayer mode. They didn't make Halo, a game that thrives on multiplayer.

Uninteresting graphics? Considering they're easily some of the best graphics we've seen...ever...in gaming, I think that's just you going way over the top with the anti-hype.

Do you want different coloured outfits and a Malibu Stacy hat with that?

All of the things you just said wouldn't make it a better game, it'd simply make your multiplayer experience a lot more fun. Gears had a story mode, that's the problem with your perception and the perception of a lot of gamers nowadays.

It's story "Mode". Since when was the actual story just another mode? It's meant to be the focal point, multiplayer was and still is the add on, unless you aim to make a multiplayer game. Epic didn't, they made a single player experience.

Then go play Timesplitters, there's your solution, what are you moaning about? Gears is primarily a single player/co-op STORY "mode" experience, not a multiplayer, "SQUEEE! I CAN WEAR A DIFFERENT OUTFIT!" multiplayer game.

It wasn't for you, so stop playing it. Go play Timesplitters (Which I loved, but your point is dumb).

-AC

You just cause trouble as far as I can tell, I don't moan at everything, fact is this is a bad game end of, does not matter to me if you like GOW or not it's my opinion GOW is a bad game, so don't try and stir things up with me, I'm not WF; I won't engage or tolerate it.

Way to quote BTW.

By the by Gow offers nothing in the ways of good gameplay, and fancy graphics ha, I would rather have good gameplay anyday as I have already stated, don't get me wrong it has some good points to it, I mean I still own it even to this day.

Superboy Prime
You're stating your opinion as fact.

There is something wrong with that.

Neo Darkhalen
Fair point...Gow is a bad game FACT.

Seriously for a moment AC, you need to stop attacking people who don't have the same views then you, it's really not the way forward, a good debate can clear the air, but if you wish to act like that of a troll who conflicts with people who do not share your views then quit while your ahead.

Alpha Centauri
You just cause trouble as far as I can tell, I don't moan at everything, fact is this is a bad game end of, does not matter to me if you like GOW or not it's my opinion GOW is a bad game, so don't try and stir things up with me, I'm not WF; I won't engage or tolerate it.

How silly are you, boy? This: "fact is this is a bad game end of".

Then this: "it's my opinion GOW is a bad game".

It's precisely the latter, your opinion. It's not factually a bad game, get your mind right.

By the by Gow offers nothing in the ways of good gameplay, and fancy graphics ha, I would rather have good gameplay anyday as I have already stated, don't get me wrong it has some good points to it, I mean I still own it even to this day.

"Good" is opinion. You liked Halo, there's no accounting for taste, as they say. I'd rather wallpaper a nursing home than play any Halo game ever again.

And everything you say is henceforth irrelevant and not to be graced with dignified responses.

-AC

Neo Darkhalen

How silly are you, boy? This: "fact is this is a bad game end of".

Then this: "it's my opinion GOW is a bad game".

It's precisely the latter, your opinion. It's not factually a bad game, get your mind right.

"Good" is opinion. You liked Halo, there's no accounting for taste, as they say. I'd rather wallpaper a nursing home than play any Halo game ever again.

-AC

How many times I hate Halo in general, such bad games.

Alpha Centauri
So you're a sheep AND someone who cannot tell the difference between fact or opinion?

Perhaps leave the debating to us, and just play Timesplitters?

EDIT: Yeah, I saw your little "I only liked it and bought it cos my friend had it." before you cut it out. You're not quick enough, son.

-AC

Neo Darkhalen
So you're a sheep AND someone who cannot tell the difference between fact or opinion?

Perhaps leave the debating to us, and just play Timesplitters?

-AC

A sheep follows the crowd, I don't do that, you seem to alot. I will admit GOW has good graphics but the gameplay, there is nothing on offer to appeal to people.

Why do you like gow so much then AC?

Alpha Centauri
Dude, I saw the post before you edited it. "I only liked/got it cos my friend did.". You're not sly, man.

It appeals to many people, me included. So I'm single handedly proving you wrong.

Do you have any more room for error or can the rest of us just continue talking about the game?

-AC

Neo Darkhalen
It appeals to many people, me included.

Do you have any more room for error or can the rest of us just continue talking about the game?

-AC

The game for me is rather a plain and boring one, run, duck, cover, wait, wait, wait, fire, don't get me wrong it adds a depth of strategy something sadly lacking in more modern games like Halo, fact is what do you do after story, there IMO, is nothing extra there, the game sort of pushes to hard for me, I like the Krill aspects they are perhaps the best part in the game, the graphics are for me just to much, if you understand the first time I played the game they really knocked my eyes back, I just hope that GOW 2 has more to offer, I want to unlock somethings, perhaps that's what was missing I wanted a bit more for my money, fair dues to you, you like the game, for me....I hope the 2 one has a new approach, I want other villains then just Locust as well, they become predictable within there move set sooner or later.

It pays to be nice to people, you get things done quicker and people will help you out AC wink

Neo Darkhalen
Dude, I saw the post before you edited it. "I only liked/got it cos my friend did.". You're not sly, man.

It appeals to many people, me included. So I'm single handedly proving you wrong.

-AC

I don't care, my friend did have it, thats why it was good, I got to play it with him....what more do you want...

Alpha Centauri
Sheep then.

The game for me is rather a plain and boring one, run, duck, cover, wait, wait, wait, fire, don't get me wrong it adds a depth of strategy something sadly lacking in more modern games like Halo, fact is what do you do after story, there IMO, is nothing extra there, the game sort of pushes to hard for me, I like the Krill aspects they are perhaps the best part in the game, the graphics are for me just to much, if you understand the first time I played the game they really knocked my eyes back, I just hope that GOW 2 has more to offer, I want to unlock somethings, perhaps that's what was missing I wanted a bit more for my money, fair dues to you, you like the game, for me....I hope the 2 one has a new approach, I want other villains then just Locust as well, they become predictable within there move set sooner or later.

It pays to be nice to people, you get things done quicker and people will help you out AC wink

So go play Timesplitters, then. Gears isn't for you and I hope they don't change it for your kind of gamer.

Gears isn't bad or good by fact, so retract your nonsense.

-AC

Neo Darkhalen
Why do you keep bringing Timesplitters up?

Are you obsessed, I don't play that anymore, it's had it's time until TS4.

But listen I have no problem with you, the only two I really did are gone, can we put this immature squabble behind us?

I admit GOW has some good moments like the Krill, but for me it does not have that much to offer.

Alpha Centauri
My issue is you saying it's a bad game by fact.

It's not, it's just not your kind of game, you like frivolous multiplayer stuff. Like Timesplitters.

-AC

xNIXSONx
i love Gears of War, changed the way i played shooters ever since cant wait til GOW2

General G
A sheep follows the crowd, I don't do that, you seem to alot. I will admit GOW has good graphics but the gameplay, there is nothing on offer to appeal to people.

Why do you like gow so much then AC?

Alright, alright, I had to put something on this...this just stuck out the most for me...

You are saying AC is a sheep? Hardly. And you already understand that, I know you do, he is the first to criticize the most popular game.

Why does he like it so much (I am not trying to talk for you AC, just using my knowledge from your previous debates), because it is more innovative (like Bioshock), what other games have EVER played like Gears? And he was one of the first I have seen to have said even before this thread that if Gears 2 does the same thing Halo did (not much changed/added) then he will be the first to call it out on such, so he is not being a Gears fanboy as such.

Anyways, pre-ordered my copy stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
honestly "going against the crowd" is just as cliche as going with the crowd IMO..

I think its silly to roast one person over this when there are so many people on the net who spout the same crap

I've seen a few videos of the gears lead developer.. and he seems pretty passionate about gaming experience as a whole.. doubt this is going to disappoint.. but hell anything can go wrong these days

ESB -1138
No, it was, short, boring and easy as heck, the game offers nothing new bar from a cover system, the story leaves alot to be desired and the last boss is as pathetic as that of Guilty Spark, Multiplayer is nothing special,

Then get the PC version. Adds five more chapters and to me one of the greatest boss fights I have ever seen (look at my sig to get a look).

No the graphics are uninteresting and apart from Multiplayer there is nothing left to offer.

The graphics are some of the best in anything period. Only game I can think of that can be compared to the graphics of Gears is Crysis.

No not fact.

Seriously for a moment AC, you need to stop attacking people who don't have the same views then you, it's really not the way forward, a good debate can clear the air, but if you wish to act like that of a troll who conflicts with people who do not share your views then quit while your ahead.

It's called debating. You said you didn't like Gears, someone asked why, you gave reasons such as the graphics, gameplay, and the length of the game and AC had some valid points to bring up.

Mairuzu
Will there be more vacuum chainsaws? stick out tongue

Joe K
Gears is a great game, Some people just have different outlooks, ah well.
*two thumbs up*
Cant wait for #2

Joe K
Originally posted by Joe K
Lol at you and ac's debate on gears Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I was a little drunk when I posted that laughing out loud
Lol

Target X
im really excited about this game, cant wait =D
loved the theme song for the first one, so emotional

Smasandian
There was a theme song?

Blax_Hydralisk
Mad World?

Target X
yup

Blax_Hydralisk
Good song, yeah.

Joe K
I hope the new theme song has more edge and riffs.

Smasandian
You mean the trailer song?

That isnt really the theme song though because the song was made for Donnie Darko.

WrathfulDwarf
I really would like to see the potential of the Hammer of Dawn. Could have been very easy to kill RAAM....

theburningSKULL
The trailer was so cool, I almost cried with happiness. I hope they make the one on one chainsaw battling a reality in GOW2. And has anyone seen the new engine they're working with? The Unreal Engine 3? OMG it is sooo cool. EVERYTHING is destructible! The last gears of war engine was unreal engine 2

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by theburningSKULL
The trailer was so cool, I almost cried with happiness. I hope they make the one on one chainsaw battling a reality in GOW2. And has anyone seen the new engine they're working with? The Unreal Engine 3? OMG it is sooo cool. EVERYTHING is destructible! The last gears of war engine was unreal engine 2

The Chainsaw duel would be cool...but it will be much cooler to blow up with a boom shot, or a longshot headshot your enemy in order to save a teammate.

Its the Unreal Engine 3 with modifications. GoW 1 used the original Unreal Engine 3.

WrathfulDwarf
Tech Demo video

Barker
Big article on this in this month's Game Informer. Never played the first, but it seems okay. haermm

Kapton JAC
The first was great.

Originally posted by theburningSKULL

I just want to blow a hole in a floor, and throw a grenade at the locust on the floor below me. evil face Can't wait to start using the hammer of dawn and crossbow again. big grin

Raijin
Holy secks!

http://thegowforums.com/gears-war-2-updates-speculations/4245-new-gears-war-2-scans.html

New characters, new enemies, a Elephant ripoff, new guns and better looking maps? YUM!

Kapton JAC
Kewl. big grin

Neo Darkhalen
Even though I hate GOW I will get this game, why? even I don't know there's just something about it.

Röland
Originally posted by Barker
Big article on this in this month's Game Informer. Never played the first, but it seems okay. haermm
1. Buy 360
2. Buy Gears of War
3. ???????
4. Profit

haermm

Kapton JAC
... What? What the f**k?

Barker

WrathfulDwarf
On a side note:

GOW comic

Estacado
Check out Gametrailers tv on May 9 they will show some gameplay footage.

Alpha Centauri
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18777

Actually looks like the single best thing ever. I love Cliff's modesty:

"The gameplay hasn't changed much...but we've added this...and this...and this...".

-AC

BackFire
It looks amazing. I can't wait. The new guns and chainsaw animations are so badass.

Smasandian
It looks fun.

Definitely a must buy.

WrathfulDwarf
footage of gameplay.

grPS2HgyyCs&feature=bz303

Locust as a SHIELD! big grin

Menetnashté
This game looks to be much better than the first. I really can't wait. One thing that has disturbed me though, I haven't heard any mention of Baird or Cole yet.

Blax_Hydralisk
Game looks pretty fecking awesome.

They better have Baird and Cole in this though, or else I'll be pissed.

They probably will though. Baird and Cole were both really popular from the first game.

Mr.Biscuits
I'll reactivate my Live just for this.
I think I still have some of you added already.

Mairuzu
THE COLE TRAIN ha-son

Mairuzu
chain saw struggle!

Menetnashté
The whole chainsawing thing looks to fluid, in the first game it was all over the place with blood flying all over the screen. I want it like that again.

Sprat
That looks epic, I am totally stoked for this game, I bought the first and was amazed with it, I still play it.

ragesRemorse
im horny

Menetnashté
New Video
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33918.html?type=wmv
shows all of the new finishers. We've seen most of them already, except for the new curbstomp move.

Blax_Hydralisk
Damn.

Marcus was going off on that Locust... hammer blow.

ragesRemorse
anyone wanna play some co-op with me in gears of war?

Blax_Hydralisk
No. Go die alone in a hole with no friends or close ones to comfort you.

I'd play if I still had LIVE. *shrug*

CaptainStoic
Gears of War 2: Too violent for some?
Chainsaw kills raise eyebrows at San Fran press event
By Mike Smith

As the gaming press gathers on the West Coast for a week of preview events, the sequel to 2006 smash hit Gears of War was by far the biggest news to come out of Microsoft's Tuesday press conference. Gears 2 takes over the story six months after the close of the original Gears, as humanity faces a new and more deadly threat from its Locust enemies -- and features even more explicit violence than its notoriously bloody predecessor. Could Microsoft's newest action game have gone too far?

Gears of War was famously banned in Germany, after the country's ratings organization declined to issue the game an age certificate. Gears 2 covers much of the same ground, but adds in more realistic visuals, a deeper plot, and battles that concentrate more on mobility and dynamic combat than the original, which some decried as a prettier version of the old "whack-a-mole" parlor game.

Graphics and plot aren't just what raised eyebrows at the press event, though: instead, attendees caught a glimpse of one of the game's many melee kill moves. Whereas Gears 1 included an up-close attack that used a chainsaw blade on the lead character's main weapon to dismember a foe, Gears 2 adds a reverse attack that actually slices an enemy in half -- from the groin upwards. Elsewhere in the demo, presenter Cliff Bleszinski, the celebrated lead designer behind the Gears and Unreal series, showed off a new ability that let him use the corpse of a fallen enemy as a "meat shield", soaking up bullets while he returned fire around its head.

One thing's for sure, though: the Gears of War gameplay Xbox 360 owners know and love is alive and well, and although it's definitely kicked the violence up a notch, like its predecessor it's going to be a good fit for the "Mature" ESRB age category, which will bar its sale to youths under 16. Whether or not the German censors will take a different view on its violence this time round remains to be seen -- but we're not going to be betting on it.

Gears of War 2 is expected in November, just in time for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, but we're expecting to see more of the game at this year's E3 trade festival in July.

Blax_Hydralisk
Sucks for Germay.

Fascists.

ragesRemorse
No. Go die alone in a hole with no friends or close ones to comfort you.

i dont even have a hole cry

starlock
I loved gears of war and think it might just be my favorite 3rd person shooter ever...i am so excited to get the second one when it comes out......november cant come fast enough big grin

WrathfulDwarf
Here you go! The confirmations for the game.

OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

-Battlefields will be much larger than in the previous installment.

-There will, in fact, be chainsaw dueling in single player as well as multiplayer.

-There is a new poison grenade, which will kill anybody it hits and slowly drain the health of anybody around it.

-The "meat shield" is usable in both single player as well as multiplayer.

-The cover system is no longer as clunky, and has been edited to further prevent people "sticking" to walls and such

-The story begins six months after the original ends.

-A new pistol called the "Gorgon Pistol" is available, firing a six-round burst much like the hammerburst from the original.

-The hammerburst is now a semi-automatic gun.

-There is now a larger difference in active-reloading from gun to gun.

-Drop-in/drop-out co-op.

-Blood trails will allow you to track your prey much more effectively in case they decide it's time to run away.

-A new war journal to keep track of your endeavors.

-A much more emotionally evocative story that will be much deeper and more interesting than in Gears.

-Difficulty settings modified. Casual is now much easier, while Insane is harder.

-Weapon-specific melees. New kinds of executions.

-At least two new species of Locust. At least one more chainsaw method. 5 vs. 5 online battles.

-New online mode called "Wingman," where it's essentially a 2v2v2v2v2 game.

-Gridlock is a multiplayer map.

-The ability to have each player use their own difficulty setting in co-op mode.

-Completely destructible environments.

-Enhanced physics.

-You can be damaged and killed whilst chainsawing.

-Longer campaign.

-More usage of vehicles in campaign.

-A new "dynamic-conversation camera" used during cutscenes to give them a cinematic feel.

-The addition of a flamethrower, dubbed "Scorcher."

-Assassination game-type renamed to "Guardian."

-Unlimited respawns until each team's respective leader dies, at which points player cease respawning.

-Matchmaking! New game-type dubbed "Meat Flag."

-Sort of like Capture-the-flag but the flag is a human player who stays in the center of the map.

-Each team must down this player to be able to drag him back to their base.

-Getting damaged slows you down. You can now choose which weapon to spawn with in multiplayer:

-Lancer or Hammerburst. Portable cover.

-These are big metal things that you can carry around and shove into the ground to act as make-shift cover.

-You can only use your pistol while carrying one, and they can be destroyed by enemies that get too close.

-Grenades can be manually stuck to anything, meaning you have to "tag" the object like you would a person in the original Gears.

- Smoke grenades now stun enemies as well.

- While waiting to respawn, you may fly around the map and take screenshots of the action which you can then share with your friends.

- One confirmed new map: River

- A symetrical map, each team gets a sniping building and some flat land, which is divided by a river.

- One confirmed new map: Security

- A long narrow map.

- Power weapons guarded by laser-turrets th cannot be destroyed and will kill you if you attempt to get to the weapons.

- These turrets can be turned off. New controls for downed enemies: X Button B Button Y Button A Button [Use enemy as meat-shield

OFFICIALLY DENIED

- Campaign will be 10-15 hours long.
- Co-op specific cut-scenes.
- Various endings. The "Acheron" locust.
- Multiplayer mode called "Ordeal" in which teams compete to see who can get to a certain amount of kills first, a la Call of Duty 4's Deathmath.
- Chainsaws-only multiplayer mode.
- Stamina bars that affect movement.

Mairuzu
Definitely looking forward to this

ESB -1138
Just got my first look at the game and it looks amazing.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
-The ability to have each player use their own difficulty setting in co-op mode.

I wonder how they pull that off.

Mairuzu
I wonder how they pull that off. I may be wrong, but I'm assuming more enemy's will attack the play with the higher difficult level than the other player.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hm. That's a good point.

Good news for the newbies.

Mairuzu
Hah yea, I'll be standing behind easy mode players while i have it on insane mode

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I may be wrong, but I'm assuming more enemy's will attack the play with the higher difficult level than the other player.
There's probably going to be a huge difference as far as damage goes.

Mairuzu
That would make sense.

WrathfulDwarf
Heads up!

http://kotaku.com/5015338/unreal-tournament-iii-box-mentions-gears-2-exclusive-video-content

I been thinking of getting UT III so this could push me to buy the game. mmm

Nemesis X
I hope this game is great.

Superboy Prime
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/884/884154p1.html

Blax_Hydralisk
Link doesn't work, ass pounder!

General G
Works for me, reading it now.

Morridini
Finally started playing Gears of War again (completed Act 2 and never played it anymore) a few days ago and now I just completed it.

All ready for Gears of War 2!

Blax_Hydralisk
Some multiplayer gameplay footage. The video quality sucks... so if you can find better vids, post 'em.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F8_nAoyctww

http://youtube.com/watch?v=poURxpI6fak

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bddi94_6MDs&feature=related

WrathfulDwarf
Just saw game footage.....sooooooo goooood....I'm very impress that the game will be release on November. Cliff B sticks to his promises.

Mad props! thumb up

Mairuzu
link to video?

Morridini
Really liked the gameplay demo they showed at E3.

This one Mair: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36217.html

Mairuzu
thank you

Mairuzu
Holy shit.............

Smasandian
Its not hard to think why Gears of War 2 is being released this year.

It uses all the resources from the original game.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Smasandian
Its not hard to think why Gears of War 2 is being released this year.

It uses all the resources from the original game.

list of things to do for gears of war 2:

-enhance unreal engine
-more brumacks
-bring back carmine rolling on floor laughing

stick out tongue

General G
It seems so much different then Gears 1...looks more arcade style. I dunno why, but that is what came to mind while watching that. I will still get it, already pre-ordered it anyways...the Locust look different, they move differently...the graphics look good though...I like the action also, it looks like its pretty much one nice encounter after another, should make for some intense moments.

ESB -1138
I'm impressed with what I've seen with this game. Seems like they're actually putting some effort into it instead of just trying to slap together a sequel with nothing new added and putting all the effort into multiplayer like Halo does.

xNIXSONx
k as a ps3 owner i am kinda jealous right now lol, Gears of War 2 has hans zimmer's apprentice steve jablonsky of michael bay fame(composed the island, texas chainsaw, transformers) composing the soundtrack for gears of war

Nemesis X
At E3, they showed that you can ride a Brumak and that is one of the many reasons why you people must get this game.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
At E3, they showed that you can ride a Brumak and that is one of the many reasons why you people must get this game.

i think it ended where Fenix and Santiago were talkin bout riding one.

But year, gears of war 2 looks pretty well rounded

Nemesis X
If GoWII doesn't let you ride a Brumak then I'm gonna be halfly depressed while getting this game. sad

xNIXSONx
If GoWII doesn't let you ride a Brumak then I'm gonna be halfly depressed while getting this game. sad

the one thing a ps3 fanboy could ever wish for roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol i think Epic is going all out with Gears 2. It's their baby, i mean, they sold Sillicon Knights a broken version of the Unreal Engine lol there's no way this game can fail technically (frame rate, slowdown, bugs) since they actually care about the series enough to get a decent yet generic hollywood blockbuster composer and have the guy formerly known as Cliffy B.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by xNIXSONx

I own both a ps3 and a Xbox 360 smile

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by xNIXSONx

I own both a ps3 and a Xbox 360 smile

at this point in time, they offer nearly the same gaming experience :P

Nemesis X
I don't see why it's wrong of me for hoping you can ride a Brumak in the game. I'm sure other gamers in here agree that riding a Brumak and using its weapons would be bad ass.

xNIXSONx
I don't see why it's wrong of me for hoping you can ride a Brumak in the game. I'm sure other gamers in here agree that riding a Brumak and using its weapons would be bad ass.

lol i never said you were wrong for hoping

i just said it would be a ps3 fanboy's fantasy to have gears of war2 fail so they can shove it in 360 fanboys faces, thats what i said.

obvs, riding a brumak would kick ass, and hopefully itll have a brumak boss fight too for those who didnt buy the pc version

Nemesis X
I've seen more than one Brumak in the sneak peeks of Gears of War 2 so I'm sure you'll be able to fight a Bruamk (or more).

xNIXSONx
I've seen more than one Brumak in the sneak peeks of Gears of War 2 so I'm sure you'll be able to fight a Bruamk (or more).

and that there will be crazier sh*t fckin things up

Nemesis X
I'm just wondering, what are the Locust exactly? I played the first one and I still don't get what these things are. Are they aliens or are they some race that's been dwelling under ground hundreds of years waiting to strike the surface (kinda like invasion of the mole men)? I hope
Gears of War 2 explains or my head's gonna explode thinking for the rest of my life about what the heck the Locust are.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm pretty sure they were living underground for a long time, not Aliens.

General G
It never took place on Earth, so we are the aliens there, it's on a planet called Sera. We just inhabitated it. Not knowing about them apparently. They live(d) underground before they attacked on Emergence Day.

Nemesis X
I just realized something: Marcus looks younger for some reason.

Smasandian
I always thought Gears Of War Sera was the humans planets, but didnt know the Locusts were underground.

Similar to how Star Wars is.

WrathfulDwarf
You going to like this....yeah, I think you will.....uh-huh:

7XDoAq5kyyQ&feature=related

Menetnashté
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You going to like this....yeah, I think you will.....uh-huh:

7XDoAq5kyyQ&feature=related
They've put so much work into this it's gonna be sick

WrathfulDwarf
GEARS OF WAR 2 GOES GOLD TODAY!!!!

Ohhhh...yeaaaaahhh.....*bliss* happy

Mairuzu
wahhh?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mairuzu
wahhh?

Nemesis X
I am so friggin excited that it's been confirmed that we'll be able to fight and ride Brumaks.

Zack Fair
15 multiplayer maps on launch. F YEAH!

Gridlock, Canals, Tyro Station, Subway*Yuck* and Mansion will be remade for GoW2!

Whoo!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/920/920013p1.html

WrathfulDwarf
Tonight I'm playing the original just to get ready for the this sequel. Damn November is just around the corner.

BackFire
Too many games coming out soon. Fallout 3 next week, Gears the week after. Oy.

Smasandian
I'll probably wont play this until end of November. Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 look far more interesting to play.

BackFire
Farcry 2 is really disappointing. Very repetitive and annoying. For some reason, every single person that you run into in Africa immediately tries to kill you, there are no civilians. Plus the AI is pretty retarded.

Smasandian
Really?

I heard really good things about it?

Morridini
I've heard both ups and downs about FC 2, but the strongest point has always been the great AI, so that sounds odd.

BackFire
It's decent, by no means is it bad. Just not as good as I was hoping.

General G
Well, my buddy knows someone, and was able to get a burnt copy of Gears 2 sad He has a modded xbox that allows him to play burnt games, and he's basically going on and on about how absolutely amazing it is, I didn't believe him at first, but I checked his gamercard and whatnot and he's got some Gears 2 Achievements and said last played game was such. Apparently it lived up to the hype though!! I don't wanna play it yet, waiting for my limited edition smile (I also can't, no modded xbox for me stick out tongue )

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
It's decent, by no means is it bad. Just not as good as I was hoping.

Have you played STALKER?

I'm probably going to Steam it this weekend.

With Fallout 3 two weeks from now. Im just not that excited aboyt Gears of War 2.

Nemesis X
You're saying that Fallout 3 will be better than Gears of War 2? What the f**k?

Zack Fair
everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I on the other can't wait for this to come out.

Morridini
You're saying that Fallout 3 will be better than Gears of War 2? What the f**k?

Who knows, IMP I'm much more anticipating F3 then Gears, everything I've seen of Gears 2 hasn't really impressed me. I guess it might be something I would wish for for my birthday in the spring.

Smasandian
I didnt say Fallout 3 is better.

I just said I'm looking forward to it more than Gears Of War 2.

Also, I'm not frothing at the mouth for it. I'll pick it up when I have a chance.

Zack Fair
Last Day trailer
sYWF2-WkDvU

Randezvous trailer
cjWYhXrC0-c

Nactous
Cliffy B. is soooooooooo Gay!

Morridini
Actualy one of the best GoW trailer's I've seen.

Zack Fair
The Last Day trailer reminds me of GoW1's Mad World trailer.

Mairuzu
That was amazing..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>