Aquaman vs. Carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
Somewhere near sea.

Deathstroke
Is this Orin or the new guy?

CaptainStoic
Classic Carnage FTW

batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic, you really don't get Aquaman.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic, you really don't get Aquaman.

What is there to get about Aquaman? The only thing that I see him using on Carnage is sonics, but have you taken anytime to think about what Carnage could do to Aquaman? No....!?! How about engulf his entire body with symbiote mass and puncture every vital organ? That's just for starters. Where in this thread does it say prep! and when did Aquaman know Carnages weakness?

Carnage FTW

batdude123
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
What is there to get about Aquaman? The only thing that I see him using on Carnage is sonics, but have you taken anytime to think about what Carnage could do to Aquaman? No....!?! How about engulf his entire body with symbiote mass and puncture every vital organ? That's just for starters.

Direct quote from you awhile back:

Spidey is stronger and faster, and he has a form of TP himself. I almost see a Firelord beating happening to Arthur.

So yeah, you really don't know anything about Aquaman.

You ask what he can do to Carnage? Telepathy.

/thread

CaptainStoic
Direct quote from you awhile back:

So yeah, you really don't know anything about Aquaman.

You ask what he can do to Carnage? Telepathy.

/thread

When have you ever seen TP work on Carnage?

CaptainStoic
Sentry ripped Carnage in two, I never saw Cassidy inside of the Symbiote do you know what that means? Let me spell it our for you, no mind for Arthur to lock onto.

batdude123
When have you ever seen TP work on Carnage?

When have you ever seen Carnage able to resist telepathy? There's no reason to believe that it wouldn't work on Carnage, especially when Aquaman was able to mentally f*ck with a white martian and tap into the mind of a Star Conqueror. One Star Conqueror = the size of the Atlantic ocean, iirc.

Sentry ripped Carnage in two, I never saw Cassidy inside of the Symbiote do you know what that means? Let me spell it our for you, no mind for Arthur to lock onto.

You're reaching. Cletus has a brain, and is able to function. He serves as the host for the symbiote, so it's completely asinine to say that Carnage doesn't have a mind. laughing out loud

Darth Martin
Aquaman. Stronger, magic, and telepathy.

CaptainStoic
When have you ever seen Carnage able to resist telepathy? There's no reason to believe that it wouldn't work on Carnage, especially when Aquaman was able to mentally f*ck with a white martian and tap into the mind of a Star Conqueror. One Star Conqueror = the size of the Atlantic ocean, iirc.

You're reaching. Cletus has a brain, and is able to function. He serves as the host for the symbiote, so it's completely asinine to say that Carnage doesn't have a mind. laughing out loud

Where is Cassidy? When Sentry ripped him apart he was nowhere to be found. Where is this mind that you are speaking of? Resorting to cursing to prove a point? You fail! Reaching? I would say that you were the one to do what you accuse me of. When has Aquaman ever been able to resist being torn apart from the inside out? Stronger? surely Darth Martin jests... Classic Carnage was able to overpower Venom and Spiderman with the ease that WWHulk could deal with Warpath. That would put Carnage at the very least on Aquamans strength level. Magic Blast?? Whats it going to do blast a hole in Carnage? he'd reform.

More like tentacles to the brain which would shut Arthur down in moments.

King_Mungi
Errr...didn't Iron Man's computer say Kasady may not have been inside the symbiote during the Sentry incident?

Darth Martin
Where is Cassidy? When Sentry ripped him apart he was nowhere to be found. Where is this mind that you are speaking of? Resorting to cursing to prove a point? You fail! Reaching? I would say that you were the one to do what you accuse me of. When has Aquaman ever been able to resist being torn apart from the inside out? Stronger? surely Darth Martin jests... Classic Carnage was able to overpower Venom and Spiderman with the ease that WWHulk could deal with Warpath. That would put Carnage at the very least on Aquamans strength level. Magic Blast?? Whats it going to do blast a hole in Carnage? he'd reform.

More like tentacles to the brain which would shut Arthur down in moments. Aquaman lifted an entire block of San Fransisco. no expression

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Errr...didn't Iron Man's computer say Kasady may not have been inside the symbiote during the Sentry incident?

That he did! Which means that Aquaman would have no chance in hell beating the Smybiote, but looks more likely to become the next host. If Poison Ivy's vines can hold Aquaman can you imagine what Carnage's tentacles would do?

King_Mungi
That he did! Which means that Aquaman would have no chance in hell beating the Smybiote, but looks more likely to become the next host. If Poison Ivy's vines can hold Aquaman can you imagine what Carnage's tentacles would do?

Errr?...psiblasts have worked on symbiotes before. Also considering you said classic Carnage wins he would have a human host here erm

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Aquaman lifted an entire block of San Fransisco. no expression

Good argument!

King_Mungi
Good argument!

He did though, that strength feats trumps what you said above erm

CaptainStoic
Errr?...psiblasts have worked on symbiotes before. Also considering you said classic Carnage wins he would have a human host here erm

In what comic has it been said that Carnage has a weakness to Psi abilities? These particular symbiotes are only weak to fire and sonics... I'll dig up a bio in case I'm wrong.

Darth Martin
Good argument! He's also lifted aircraft carriers, huge boats and you put it near the ocean. Check the respect thread. smile

CaptainStoic
Here you go.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/carnage.htm

King_Mungi
In what comic has it been said that Carnage has a weakness to Psi abilities? These particular symbiotes are only weak to fire and sonics... I'll dig up a bio in case I'm wrong.

I don't think Carnage has ever dealt with a psi-bolts ever, but symbiotes during the Venom Planet saga did.

Darth Martin
Yea I can't think of a time Carnage has ever fought a telepath.

Rhinoceros
Classic Carnage was able to overpower Venom and Spiderman with the ease that WWHulk could deal with Warpath. That would put Carnage at the very least on Aquamans strength level.

Venom pretty much pounded the hell out of Carnage in "on trial" series. Carnage is on Venom's strength level, which is 50 tops.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's also lifted aircraft carriers, huge boats and you put it near the ocean. Check the respect thread. smile

What is strength going to get him with a guy that can become nearly intangible? Carnage also has the ability to become nearly invisible... who cares about how close to the ocean Arthur is, Carnage could reach beneath the sand and do what Venom has done to Spiderman. If Arthur is so damn strong why the hell can Ivy ensnare him in vines? Carnage could ensnare him as well, only thing here is that Arthur would be ripped apart.

CaptainStoic
Also people need to stop trying to make it seem like Aquaman is on Xaviers level.

King_Mungi
If Arthur is so damn strong why the hell can Ivy ensnare him in vines? Carnage could ensnare him as well, only thing here is that Arthur would be ripped apart.

Poison Ivy has ensnared Wonder Woman and Superman..so meh! So don't use ABC logic erm

batdude123
Where is Cassidy? When Sentry ripped him apart he was nowhere to be found.

Wait, so you're not referring to Classic Carnage?

Classic Carnage FTW

Because Classic Carnage did indeed have Cletus Kassidy as a human host.

I do believe you just defeated your own point. smile

Where is this mind that you are speaking of?

Telepathy still works on symbiotes.

Resorting to cursing to prove a point? You fail!

Seriously, quit embarrassing yourself.

Reaching? I would say that you were the one to do what you accuse me of.

LOL. You said in your very first post "Classic Carnage ftw" and then you use a current feat to justify your ridiculous argument.

Yah... I'd say you're reaching.

When has Aquaman ever been able to resist being torn apart from the inside out?

When has Carnage ever ripped somebody apart from the inside out? Also, Aquaman's internal organs are incredibly durable from simply being of Atlantean background.

Stronger? surely Darth Martin jests...

That would put Carnage at the very least on Aquamans strength

Jesus Christ, there's nothing for you to back this up with. Aquaman is leagues ahead of Carnage when it comes to strength.

One punch from Arthur completely floored Martian Manhunter. Do you seriously think Carnage could do anything like that?

Magic Blast?? Whats it going to do blast a hole in Carnage? he'd reform.

Please. Don't make it seem as if Carnage's body is impossible to hurt. You know that's far from the truth, otherwise he would have just reformed after Sentry ripped him in half like nothing.

And Venom has also defeated Carnage quite handily using physical might.

Cassidy literally has no chance here.

More like tentacles to the brain which would shut Arthur down in moments.

The fight starts and ends in the same second as Arthur completely mindrapes Carnage here. smile

Or simply beats the shit out of him physically.

batdude123
Also people need to stop trying to make it seem like Aquaman is on Xaviers level.

Nobody is saying that. However, he's certainly strong enough to attack the mind of a dull-witted character such as Cletus Kasady.

King_Mungi
Aquaman certainly is a top telepath, espeically with access to the Clear

Darth Martin
Yea putting this fight near the sea gives Aquaman a HUGE advantage. He'll summon an army although he doesn't really need to.

CaptainStoic
Poison Ivy has ensnared Wonder Woman and Superman..so meh! So don't use ABC logic erm

This not ABC logic Carnage has the powerset to beat Aquaman and you know it.

King_Mungi
This not ABC logic Carnage has the powerset to beat Aquaman and you know it.

Actually you WERE using ABC logic, and no he doesn't erm

iceman24567
Near the sea? He can easily throw Carnage in the water and have whales rape him spite Aquaman is smarter, stronger and he doesn't hold back like Superman he wins 9/10.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Near the sea? He can easily throw Carnage in the water and have whales rape him spite Aquaman is smarter, stronger and he doesn't hold back like Superman he wins 9/10. Cosigned.

CaptainStoic
Nobody is saying that. However, he's certainly strong enough to attack the mind of a dull-witted character such as Cletus Kasady.

1.Cletus may not be melded with the Symbiote.

2. Beats the shit out of Carnage? Your on drugs to suggest this lunacy, how an he beat something that he can't touch but could wrap him up, go into his lungs eyes ears up his nose, pierce his brain? Stop trying to make Aquaman invulnerable as well, because he isn't. Venom is not as strong as Carnage if he dominated him ever, it was PIS/CIS. Someone stated the dumbest sh*t by saying that Carnage could not cut Aquaman if he sent his tendrils inside of him. Stop lying! Venom hurt Superman and if he can nearly kill Superman Carnage would have a field day on Aquamans less that durable body. You can all double and triple team up on me if you want, because it shows that your all in a clique, but your all still wrong.

pr1983

2. Beats the shit out of Carnage? Your on drugs to suggest this lunacy, how an he beat something that he can't touch but could wrap him up, go into his lungs eyes ears up his nose, pierce his brain? Stop trying to make Aquaman invulnerable as well, because he isn't. Venom is not as strong as Carnage if he dominated him ever, it was PIS/CIS. Someone stated the dumbest sh*t by saying that Carnage could not cut Aquaman if he sent his tendrils inside of him. Stop lying! Venom hurt Superman and if he can nearly kill Superman Carnage would have a field day on Aquamans less that durable body. You can all double and triple team up on me if you want, because it shows that your all in a clique, but your all still wrong.

venom hurting superman was complete bullshit just like most crossovers...

aquamans strength dwarfs carnage's by a massive margin, and his telepathy is damn good too...

batdude123

The mere fact that you brought this up in order to support your argument makes you a dumb shit. smile

psycho gundam
aquamans tough now?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6AlIaagHaFc

CaptainStoic
So what you all are saying is tha Aquaman has somehow gone from having trouble lifting a car to becoming as strong as The Hulk right? What about his durability which would be what is truly at stake. Shrapnel could tear Arthur apart if he exploded within ten feet of him. Carnage has the power do mimic this feat as he can make any weapon he want on the fly. Superman getting his ass beaten by Venom may have been BS but if Venom sent those tendrils up his nose I'm pretty sure that that Supes would be in loads of pain. Aquaman is no Superman. Strength isn't everything BTW. Carnage can web him up so tight that he wouldn't be able to move and from that point send those tendrils up his nose and lobotomise Arthur. Unless someone is saying that Aquamans insides are stronger than steel.

pr1983
So what you all are saying is tha Aquaman has somehow gone from having trouble lifting a car to becoming as strong as The Hulk right? What about his durability which would be what is truly at stake. Shrapnel could tear Arthur apart if he exploded within ten feet of him. Carnage has the power do mimic this feat as he can make any weapon he want on the fly. Superman getting his ass beaten by Venom may have been BS but if Venom sent those tendrils up his nose I'm pretty sure that that Supes would be in loads of pain. Aquaman is no Superman. Strength isn't everything BTW. Carnage can web him up so tight that he wouldn't be able to move and from that point send those tendrils up his nose and lobotomise Arthur. Unless someone is saying that Aquamans insides are stronger than steel.

aquaman got a HUGE upgrade a few years back... so, yeah, he is that much of a badass... not superman level, but far above carnage level...

Juntai
Aquaman having trouble lifting a car, lolol.

iceman24567
Near the sea? He can easily throw Carnage in the water and have whales rape him spite Aquaman is smarter, stronger and he doesn't hold back like Superman he wins 9/10. Aquaman is above class 50 and Aquaman is pretty durable and with water right next to him in this battle it's borderline spite.

CaptainStoic
The mere fact that you brought this up in order to support your argument makes you a dumb shit. smile

Quoted from Batdude!
"When has Carnage ever ripped somebody apart from the inside out? Also, Aquaman's internal organs are incredibly durable from simply being of Atlantean background."

Back atcha Genius!

CaptainStoic
Aquaman is above class 50 and Aquaman is pretty durable and with water right next to him in this battle it's borderline spite.

So his insides are durable now huh? Show me some scans of the new improved bomb proof Aquaman!

Venom defeating Carnage was PIS/CIS The writers were in error like so many are. How does Venom and Spiderman together go from nearly being killed by Carnage to to owning him if this was not PIS?

Using Martian Manhunter as a point to show how strong Aquaman is... is just not a good one. MM amps like his bio states, he starts out at class 5 like he always did, he can amp to become Superman level in strength for a little while. Is someone saying that Aquaman could one shot Wonder Woman, or Superman? If so you may need help to take care of whatever ails you.

pr1983
Is someone saying that Aquaman could one shot Wonder Woman, or Superman?

no, just carnage...

batdude123
Quoted from Batdude!
"When has Carnage ever ripped somebody apart from the inside out? Also, Aquaman's internal organs are incredibly durable from simply being of Atlantean background."

Back atcha Genius!

crylaugh

The irony is delicious...

Using Martian Manhunter as a point to show how strong Aquaman is... is just not a good one. MM amps like his bio states, he starts out at class 5 like he always did, he can amp to become Superman level in strength for a little while.

durlaugh

iceman24567
So his insides are durable now huh? Show me some scans of the new improved bomb proof Aquaman!

Venom defeating Carnage was PIS/CIS The writers were in error like so many are. How does Venom and Spiderman together go from nearly being killed by Carnage to to owning him if this was not PIS?

Using Martian Manhunter as a point to show how strong Aquaman is... is just not a good one. MM amps like his bio states, he starts out at class 5 like he always did, he can amp to become Superman level in strength for a little while. Is someone saying that Aquaman could one shot Wonder Woman, or Superman? If so you may need help to take care of whatever ails you. So Aquamans ftw reflexes are being ignored? Carnage won't get the chance to do that before he gets tossed into the water then its over.

Juntai

Using Martian Manhunter as a point to show how strong Aquaman is... is just not a good one. MM amps like his bio states, he starts out at class 5 like he always did, he can amp to become Superman level in strength for a little while. Is someone saying that Aquaman could one shot Wonder Woman, or Superman? If so you may need help to take care of whatever ails you. laughing

tkitna
Like so many of DC's characters, Aquaman is now just short of Jesus coming back to earth so he would beat Carnage. Lets face it and move on, Aquaman would beat Carnage down just like Juggy did to Venom. Symbiotes are not immune to physical attacks.

Mindset
Actually Juggs couldn't beat Venom, it was pis though.

Mr. Slippyfist
Using Martian Manhunter as a point to show how strong Aquaman is... is just not a good one. MM amps like his bio states, he starts out at class 5 like he always did, he can amp to become Superman level in strength for a little while. laughing out loud

CaptainStoic
So Aquamans ftw reflexes are being ignored? Carnage won't get the chance to do that before he gets tossed into the water then its over.

So your saying that Aquaman can now run at above 600 MPH correct? For the record is Aquaman a speedster? Did anyone forget that carnage can become invisible? Did anyone forget that each web that Carnage shoots is as strong as tensile steel? Did anyone forget that he can shoot multiples of these webs? Poison Ivy can hold Aquaman in organic vines but webs stronger than tensile steel can't??? Please try again.

I can see Aquaman beating Carnage a few times maybe even for a majority, but not the way people are trying to make it seem. Carnages webs are stronger than the webs that Spiderman used to manufactor and those webs tore buildings apart when he tried to stop Juggernaut with them. Also did anyone forget that although Carnage is not as strong as Aquaman, he's not far off the mark.

King_Mungi
Also did anyone forget that although Carnage is not as strong as Aquaman, he's not far off the mark.

erm

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=041027064925

Carnage can lift a city block?

iceman24567
So your saying that Aquaman can now run at above 600 MPH correct? For the record is Aquaman a speedster? Did anyone forget that carnage can become invisible? Did anyone forget that each web that Carnage shoots is as strong as tensile steel? Did anyone forget that he can shoot multiples of these webs? Poison Ivy can hold Aquaman in organic vines but webs stronger than tensile steel can't??? Please try again.

I can see Aquaman beating Carnage a few times maybe even for a majority, but not the way people are trying to make it seem. Carnages webs are stronger than the webs that Spiderman used to manufactor and those webs tore buildings apart when he tried to stop Juggernaut with them. Also did anyone forget that although Carnage is not as strong as Aquaman, he's not far off the mark. What does any of that have to do with his reflexes roll eyes (sarcastic) . Invisible huh? Aquaman has other senses like Sonar. Carnage is out of his league something tells me this will be like Venom vs Namor.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud that's mostly the part I giggled at too.

CaptainStoic
Since when was the Symbiote of aquatic origin? and when did it suddenly have a basil ganglia for Aquaman to affect? Namor beating the hell out of Gargon Venom was PIS as well. Strength isn't everything, or Juggernaut would have taken Venom down with ease, but instead lost to him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Juntai
that's mostly the part I giggled at too. It was some good material. smile

Since when was the Symbiote of aquatic origin? and when did it suddenly have a basil ganglia for Aquaman to affect? Namor beating the hell out of Gargon Venom was PIS as well. Strength isn't everything, or Juggernaut would have taken Venom down with ease, but instead lost to him. "Pis, pis... oh, Juggernaut couldn't take down Venom!"

laughing out loud

iceman24567
Since when was the Symbiote of aquatic origin? and when did it suddenly have a basil ganglia for Aquaman to affect? Namor beating the hell out of Gargon Venom was PIS as well. Strength isn't everything, or Juggernaut would have taken Venom down with ease, but instead lost to him. Basal ganglia* You know once Carnage is in the water his chances are zero to none right? That's why i said it was spite imagine a couple dozen kill whales against Carnage.

CaptainStoic
I imagine Carnage killing the whales if they swallowed him. Sorry to ask this question once again, but when Sentry ripped Carnage in half, where was Cletus?

King_Mungi
Sorry to ask this question once again, but when Sentry ripped Carnage in half, where was Cletus?

What's it matter? you said classic Carnage wins didn't you? erm

iceman24567
Classic Carnage FTW Indeed Happy Dance

CaptainStoic
Now imagine this! Aquaman becomes entrapped by the Symbiote and it manages to take him like the time it got on Silver Surfer.

Mr. Slippyfist
Now imagine this! Aquaman becomes entrapped by the Symbiote and it manages to take him like the time it got on Silver Surfer. Wouldn't that mean it left Cletus and therefore loses as soon as that happens?

CaptainStoic
I used classic Carnage as a means to begin the intro on how much he has changed since he beat venom and spidey combined.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Wouldn't that mean it left Cletus and therefore loses as soon as that happens?

depends on how you see it.

Madvillain
Carnage.

strifex6
doesnt matter if carnage could hold telepathy or not auquaman can only use his power under water and wich auqua man because the classic would get owned and the modern one might have a chance but doubtful

whats aquaman going to do jump in the ocean and have a whale squirt him to death?

-K-M-
Only use his power underwater? I take it your not to familar with Aquaman are you, and his waterbearer hand.

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by -K-M-
Only use his power underwater? I take it your not to familar with Aquaman are you, and his waterbearer hand. Even ignoring the hand...

comicfan11
Aquaman rather easily.
He is on a different level concerning physical stats.
He has beaten level 100 characters like Olympian and Slig in a fist fight before and symbiots have been KOed by force in the past.
Plus he has telepathy, magic, water manipulation and he is more clever and a better fighter and tactician.
As for Carnage messing him from the inside, in his previous run a telekinetic tried to make Aquaman explode like he did to a thug in another issue.Aquaman resisted and messed him up in the process.
So Aquaman ftp.

carnage52
aquaman 6/10.

Stoic
I still think that Carnage would be him.

Eon Blue
Aquaman

Stoic
How?

DarkSaint85
Also, Cletus WAS in the suit when Sentry ripped it up, IIRC. Which may be wrong, but I thought there was a clarification that was published.

Stoic
I'm still trying to figure out how Aquaman stops those tendrils from sliding into every orifice on his body and killing him? All I keep seeing is the XXX Anime Adventure Kid all over again, with the tentacle monster.

DarkSaint85
The fact he's next to water, and can jump in to escape, then mindrape near instantaneously?

Also, at the time of the OP, AQuaman had his waterbearer hand as well....

Spire
Aquaman kicks his ass by summoning a Rosie O'Donnell looking creature from the sea.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The fact he's next to water, and can jump in to escape, then mindrape near instantaneously?

Also, at the time of the OP, AQuaman had his waterbearer hand as well....

What if the mind whammy didn't stop him?

Originally posted by Spire
Aquaman kicks his ass by summoning a Rosie O'Donnell looking creature from the sea.

What will this Rosie looking sea creature do? Eat him? That would just help Carnage to do what he wants from the inside. Physically, how does Aquaman put Carnage down? This isn't solely about strength. Carnage could send those tendrils into Aquaman's ears, or any other opening in his body, and kill him.

DarkSaint85
The hand also dehydrates things, turning them into dust.....

Cogito
Aquaman in a stomp

JakeTheBank
Aquaman wins.

Stoic
The hand also dehydrates things, turning them into dust.....

But what if that did not work before Carnage got to Aquaman? Carnage arguably has a longer reach than Aquaman. You also can't disregard Carnage's resiliency, Sentry ripped him in two, and tossed him to the solar winds, this did not kill him. I just want people to acknowledge that Carnage has a good shot at beating Aquaman, and that it's not a simple stomp.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry ripped him in two, and tossed him to the solar winds, this did not kill him.

The symbiote put them in a stasis kind of state slowly feeding him with his last reserves and a while longer he would have died, it's a good feat for the sym that he can float in space for years, yet in a forum match the Sentry rip would have ended the fight.

iceman24567
Aquaman stomps

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The symbiote put them in a stasis kind of state slowly feeding him with his last reserves and a while longer he would have died, it's a good feat for the sym that he can float in space for years, yet in a forum match the Sentry rip would have ended the fight.

My point was his resiliency. This shows that Carnage isn't going down from one hit, not when you consider that the symbiote can reduce the energy of Aqauman's punches. Aquaman may be stronger, but Carnage has the power set that often gets around these kind of handicaps. The idea that Carnage could kill Aquaman is very real, and Aquaman would not be invulnerable to being invaded by tendrils up his nose, in his eye, ears, or mouth.

Parmaniac
I agree but AM shitty ass TP and wet pussy hand are annoying plot devices.

Stoic

It still has to be proven that the TP would completely stop Carnage, and that also applies to the magic hand as well before Carnage can get in his licks. Carnage isn't a slowpoke type of character, but a very agile one, with the ability to blend into any environment. I think that Aquaman would be up to his neck in shit against this type of opponent.

vansonbee
New Carnage USA#2, Carnage can puppeteer the Heroes, but in the last chapter, he give part of his power to the family (maybe working for him in their own accord?).

Puppeteer = mind control or the control of the actual physical body?

Carnage is more agile than Aquaman for sure.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by vansonbee
New Carnage USA#2, Carnage can puppeteer the Heroes, but in the last chapter, he give part of his power to the family (maybe working for him in their own accord?). Actually he is controlling the entire town.

Stoic
Actually he is controlling the entire town.

Does this seem like that much of a stomp now?

Cogito

Aquaman's TP is a plot device?

I suppose then, by that logic, Hulk's strength is a plot device? Superman's flight? Flash's speed?

It's a power, like any other. The hand was a weapon, like any other.

Parmaniac

Stoic
Originally posted by Cogito
Aquaman's TP is a plot device?

I suppose then, by that logic, Hulk's strength is a plot device? Superman's flight? Flash's speed?

It's a power, like any other. The hand was a weapon, like any other.

but it still has to be proven that it would stop Carnage before he can get in his licks. Carnage isn't some stone statue that he would sit there and be mind raped or turned to ash. He also has regen feats that makes it very possible for him to resist long enough to launch his own assaults. Plus he can blend into nearly any environment. This is not a stomp in Aquaman's favor, unless you are unwilling to acknowledge Carnage as the dangerous character that he has always been.

Sr J-Bieb
Carnage threw a braced Iron Man face down, so he does have strength

Still, the easiest way for him to win would be to simply take over Aquaman, which seems mighty in character nowadays. Add in him having the ability to take over Silver Surfer, and I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Parmaniac
Carnage also ****ed Iron Man up via technopathy

That's pretty much TP in cyberspace

quanchi112
Carnage wins.

Prep-Man
Aquman.

Stoic
^ How?

If Aquaman's TP does not work, and Carnage resists the magic hand until he can get within range, or hit him with symbiote bullets from a distance what will Aquaman do? Carnage is a bit more versatile as well if you break it down to the amount that each character can do. Carnage can even pull a now you see me, now you don't maneuver, and launch sneak attacks from different directions, because of where this battle takes place.

iceman24567
Aquaman tosses Carnage in the ocean then takes his time beating on him

Stoic

And that would do what exactly? Fighting Carnage up close would likely be a bad move for Aquaman with those tendrils having the longer reach. How does Aquaman find him when he digs into the sand of the shore that the battle takes place at, all the while Carnage could be surrounding him, and readying to attack and put those tendrils in every viable opening on his body? Carnage is also plenty strong, fast, and agile.

-Pr-
So you want us to give Carnage the benefit of the doubt, but not Aquaman?

Sr J-Bieb

And then Carnage takes over his body

iceman24567
And that would do what exactly? Fighting Carnage up close would likely be a bad move for Aquaman with those tendrils having the longer reach. How does Aquaman find him when he digs into the sand of the shore that the battle takes place at, all the while Carnage could be surrounding him, and readying to attack and put those tendrils in every viable opening on his body? Carnage is also plenty strong, fast, and agile. Carnage would be at a horrible disadvantage in the water his agility and speed would be rendered all but useless.
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And then Carnage takes over his body Not seeing how thats a viable tactic in this specific thread

Sr J-Bieb
Not seeing how thats a viable tactic in this specific thread Why

-Pr-
And that would do what exactly? Fighting Carnage up close would likely be a bad move for Aquaman with those tendrils having the longer reach. How does Aquaman find him when he digs into the sand of the shore that the battle takes place at, all the while Carnage could be surrounding him, and readying to attack and put those tendrils in every viable opening on his body? Carnage is also plenty strong, fast, and agile.

Throw his trident, or use it's blasting powers if it still has them.

I don't know, by communicating with the hundreds of creatures that live in sand, and using them to figure out? Or by telepathy? Or with his insanely enhanced hearing?

Aquaman is a several dozen tonner. He's durable enough to take shots from Wonder Woman and still remain conscious. Aquaman is plenty agile.

Why won't Arthur's telepathy work on Carnage?

Mindset
Didn't the symbiotes have tp resistance?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't the symbiotes have tp resistance?

I don't know, hence my question.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Throw his trident, or use it's blasting powers if it still has them.

I don't know, by communicating with the hundreds of creatures that live in sand, and using them to figure out? Or by telepathy? Or with his insanely enhanced hearing?

Aquaman is a several dozen tonner. He's durable enough to take shots from Wonder Woman and still remain conscious. Aquaman is plenty agile.

Why won't Arthur's telepathy work on Carnage?

Not sure why his TP wouldn't work on Carnage, but why wouldn't Carnage be able to use his tendrils to slip into any viable opening on Aquaman's body? Why wouldn't Carnage be able to take over Aquaman's mind? If they fought up close and personal, Carnage would have the advantage of many tendrils, and projectiles, while also being able to camouflage himself. he also seems to be able to lift several dozen tons, after all he took on Venom and Spiderman, and tossed them about like five pound dumbbells.

I honestly have always thought that Aquaman would have a difficult time with an opponent like Carnage, because of his ability to become nearly permeable, and absorb a lot of the energy of his punches due to the symbiote. If Carnage coverd him with it, it wouldn't take long before Aquaman's defenses were compromised, because although his skin may be durable, I doubt that his inner organs are.

-Pr-
Not sure why his TP wouldn't work on Carnage, but why wouldn't Carnage be able to use his tendrils to slip into any viable opening on Aquaman's body? Why wouldn't Carnage be able to take over Aquaman's mind? If they fought up close and personal, Carnage would have the advantage of many tendrils, and projectiles, while also being able to camouflage himself. he also seems to be able to lift several dozen tons, after all he took on Venom and Spiderman, and tossed them about like five pound dumbbells.

I honestly have always thought that Aquaman would have a difficult time with an opponent like Carnage, because of his ability to become nearly permeable, and absorb a lot of the energy of his punches due to the symbiote. If Carnage coverd him with it, it wouldn't take long before Aquaman's defenses were compromised, because although his skin may be durable, I doubt that his inner organs are.

I don't know.

How does he take over someone's mind?

Projectiles would need to be pretty powerful to put down Arthur.

Camouflage? What kind of camouflage? Given that Arthur can see in the dark and can hear heartbeats from a distance, it would have to be pretty good.

Tossing around Spider-Man means he can toss around several dozen tons?

Arthur's primary method of attack is the trident or punches, yes, but his "telepathic shockwave" is just as used.

Arthur's entire body is equally durable. It's how he can survive at such insane depths.

I'm by no means a Carnage expert, so if there's a way he's going to beat Arthur for a majority, then so be it.

Prep-Man
what is carnage best strength feat?

Stoic
I don't know.

How does he take over someone's mind?

Projectiles would need to be pretty powerful to put down Arthur.

Camouflage? What kind of camouflage? Given that Arthur can see in the dark and can hear heartbeats from a distance, it would have to be pretty good.

Tossing around Spider-Man means he can toss around several dozen tons?

Arthur's primary method of attack is the trident or punches, yes, but his "telepathic shockwave" is just as used.

Arthur's entire body is equally durable. It's how he can survive at such insane depths.

I'm by no means a Carnage expert, so if there's a way he's going to beat Arthur for a majority, then so be it.

Just check out his new ongoing and see how he has the ability to take over people.

He took on Venom and Spiderman with relative ease. they even grabbed an arm each, so he's not weak by far. He may not be as strong as Aquaman, but I don't think that he is far behind him.

have you ever seen how venom can seemingly vanish into thin air? Well I believe that the symbiote can bend light beyond anything that modern science is capable of.

Digging into the sand and moving below Aquaman is another trick that Carnage is capable of doing, as well as sending tendrils through it to capture his prey. Taking Cletus' character into account, he wouldn't hesitate in killing Arthur, he is after all a serial killer.

The Trident could cause problems, but as we saw when Venom fought Juggernaut, these guys are very resistant to blunt force damage, I think the alien is able to absorb a lot of the energy of attacks of this nature.

I'm not giving Carnage the win, but many people called this a stomp in Arthurs favor, and I just never did. I believe that a well written Carnage would give Aquaman nightmares, even if he lost.

-Pr-
I meant the actual process involved. stick out tongue

Ah, ok.

can he block his sounds?

i don't see how the sand thing will hide him from aquaman, for the reasons i already stated.

the trident isn't blunt force. stick out tongue

Parmaniac
When I return from work I'll see if I can post some scans of Carnage for the people that are unfamiliar with him.

Stoic
I meant the actual process involved. stick out tongue

Ah, ok.

can he block his sounds?

i don't see how the sand thing will hide him from aquaman, for the reasons i already stated.

the trident isn't blunt force. stick out tongue

Those sounds or sonics are a real problem, but Cassidy is a little different than Venom, his pain threshold is greater. He may be able to fight through it for a little bit, and unless Arthur is a good distance away, he might be able to turn the tables on him. Carnage is dangerous, you really should take a look at his new series.

When I said that Carnage has a long reach I meant it, he could dig deep into a porous substance like sand, and send the tendrils up from many meters down like wolverine popping his claws. Like I said Arthur could win, but don't sleep on Cassidy. it's kind of like Poison Ivy, she is nowhere near as strong as Aquaman, but she can put him in trouble if she wraps him up.

-Pr-
Those sounds or sonics are a real problem, but Cassidy is a little different than Venom, his pain threshold is greater. He may be able to fight through it for a little bit, and unless Arthur is a good distance away, he might be able to turn the tables on him. Carnage is dangerous, you really should take a look at his new series.

When I said that Carnage has a long reach I meant it, he could dig deep into a porous substance like sand, and send the tendrils up from many meters down like wolverine popping his claws. Like I said Arthur could win, but don't sleep on Cassidy. it's kind of like Poison Ivy, she is nowhere near as strong as Aquaman, but she can put him in trouble if she wraps him up.

I may if i get the chance.

I just think Arthur might see it coming, that's all.

And Ivy would have a hard time keeping someone as strong (and telepathic) as Arthur wrapped up, tbh stick out tongue

SamZED
Symbiotes can take over peoples minds but its not exactly tp. There are examples when symbiotes took over characters that have telepathy. Also, Carnage is immune to sonic attacks. Fire is the only thing that bothers him. With Venom it is the other way around. Just wanted to clear this up.

DarkSaint85
OK, just got back so can write up a bit more.

If Carnage touches that hand, he will get dehydrated. Instantly. So going up close and personal with Aquaman using his tendrils isn't a great idea.

It also amplifies his telepathy. So he's even stronger, and as we saw, classic Carnage had Cletus still in the suit, and so, Aquaman could attack him with TP.

SamZED
How does that work exactly? The dehydration thing? Im asking because im not sure how wil that work on Carnage's tentacles that are made out of symbiotic goo.

Stoic
OK, just got back so can write up a bit more.

If Carnage touches that hand, he will get dehydrated. Instantly. So going up close and personal with Aquaman using his tendrils isn't a great idea.

It also amplifies his telepathy. So he's even stronger, and as we saw, classic Carnage had Cletus still in the suit, and so, Aquaman could attack him with TP.

Well then I guess that they'd both get The Double Butt Shiv, because Carnage would likely be able to invade Aquaman's brain via tendril as easily as Aquaman would be able to perform the hand dehydration maneuver. Can you see it? Mysterious voice from out of the blue says, ready set go.... Carnage scrambles Arthur's brains, and is turned into dust. big grin

DarkSaint85
Well then I guess that they'd both get The Double Butt Shiv, because Carnage would likely be able to invade Aquaman's brain via tendril as easily as Aquaman would be able to perform the hand dehydration maneuver. Can you see it? Mysterious voice from out of the blue says, ready set go.... Carnage scrambles Arthur's brains, and is turned into dust. big grin

Except of course, Aquaman has his shields up....as he can also control water. And is next to the sea...

Then of course, Aquaman could also BFR him by opening portals up....

Mindset
I don't know, hence my question. What do you know?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgqs8zgrlA1qak56k.jpg

Stoic
Except of course, Aquaman has his shields up....as he can also control water. And is next to the sea...

Then of course, Aquaman could also BFR him by opening portals up....

First of all who said that Arthur get's a weapon?It's not in the OP. Sooo we're back to the... Mysterious voice from out of the blue says, ready set go.... Carnage scrambles Arthur's brains, and is turned into dust.

DarkSaint85
First of all who said that Arthur get's a weapon?It's not in the OP. Sooo we're back to the... Mysterious voice from out of the blue says, ready set go.... Carnage scrambles Arthur's brains, and is turned into dust.

Op was posted in 2008. Though there was no specification, I assumed it was the current (at the time) Aquaman. Who had the hand of the Waterbearer, IIRC. Check up on what the hand can do.

It can heal mental disorders (potentially healing Cletus)

Form tendrils like Carnage's.

Open portals (thus enabling BFR).

Enable him to control tidal waves and control water.

Amps his strength (which was already pretty formidable) and his TP.

Also, other magical stuff lol.

So whilst OP didn't specifically say 'Aquaman has the hand of the Waterbearer', forum rules say that he has everything that he normally has. And seeing as its, you know, attached to him, and he always carries it (its like saying Hal Jordan vs XXX, but he loses because OP didn't specify he had his ring) I naturally assumed he had it with him.

Stoic
Op was posted in 2008. Though there was no specification, I assumed it was the current (at the time) Aquaman. Who had the hand of the Waterbearer, IIRC. Check up on what the hand can do.

It can heal mental disorders (potentially healing Cletus)

Form tendrils like Carnage's.

Open portals (thus enabling BFR).

Enable him to control tidal waves and control water.

Amps his strength (which was already pretty formidable) and his TP.

Also, other magical stuff lol.

So whilst OP didn't specifically say 'Aquaman has the hand of the Waterbearer', forum rules say that he has everything that he normally has. And seeing as its, you know, attached to him, and he always carries it (its like saying Hal Jordan vs XXX, but he loses because OP didn't specify he had his ring) I naturally assumed he had it with him.

Well while he's deciding which power his hand is going to use, Cletus tells him to speak to the hand, and scrambles the eggs.

DarkSaint85
Well while he's deciding which power his hand is going to use, Cletus tells him to speak to the hand, and scrambles the eggs.

Wow hehe.

So previously, Aquaman wasn't powerful enough to defeat Carnage.

Now, he's too powerful...

DarkSaint85
Also:

That's before you knew what the Water hand could do. Also, back when you still thought Cletus wasn't in the suit.

So you agree that TP (before water hand amp) would be sufficient to attack Cletus, a normal human (before he got the suit, natch) who's just crazy?

-Pr-
The symbiote doesn't need to be marine origin, period.

Also, this is water hand Aquaman? Ouch... Horrific stomp in his favour, big time.

Stoic
Carnage also has the ability to take possession of his opponent. I'm not seeing this stompage happening in every possible scenario. Thinking that there would be is once again ignoring Carnage's ability to actually do harm to Arthur, we all know that Arthur is not this invulnerable character. His insides are going to resist being destroyed by the tendrils, not when they are capable of piercing solid steel. I'm actually thing that they could penetrate his epidermis.

SamZED
And move at near bullet speed. Just saying...

iceman24567
I don't see Carnage being able to pose a threat before Aquaman kills him

-Pr-
Carnage also has the ability to take possession of his opponent. I'm not seeing this stompage happening in every possible scenario. Thinking that there would be is once again ignoring Carnage's ability to actually do harm to Arthur, we all know that Arthur is not this invulnerable character. His insides are going to resist being destroyed by the tendrils, not when they are capable of piercing solid steel. I'm actually thing that they could penetrate his epidermis.

Arthur's water hand makes him low herald at the very least. He'd wipe the floor with Carnage with that weapon.

Arthur is actually really durable, more-so than he gets credit for. The fact that he lives at the bottom of the ocean proves this (not to mention his other feats). The tendrils might break the skin, but doing any more than that might be difficult.

How does Carnage take possession? Telepathy? Will-power? I don't see either working. Or is it another method?

Parmaniac
Arthur is actually really durable, more-so than he gets credit for. The fact that he lives at the bottom of the ocean proves this Sorry but that doesn't prove anything, being able to take the high pressure under the sea doesn't mean that your body is that durable, it only means that your inner pressure is the same as in the ocean, the same reason why fishes from these depths die as soon as they go too far up, by your explanation a fish from under the sea can tank bazooka shots.

Aquaman getting showed through rocks etc. are valid feats though that I don't want to take away from him.

EDIT: Not to mention that I think that this is one of those things taht comics simply ignore like people in outer space without protection don't get their eyes pulled out of their sockets and all and Susan Storm without her shields was also able to simply take these pressures when she visited Namor.

DarkSaint85
Sorry but that doesn't prove anything, being able to take the high pressure under the sea doesn't mean that your body is that durable, it only means that your inner pressure is the same as in the ocean, the same reason why fishes from these depths die as soon as they go too far up, by your explanation a fish from under the sea can tank bazooka shots.

Aquaman getting showed through rocks etc. are valid feats though that I don't want to take away from him.

EDIT: Not to mention that I think that this is one of those things taht comics simply ignore like people in outer space without protection don't get their eyes pulled out of their sockets and all and Susan Storm without her shields was also able to simply take these pressures when she visited Namor.

Agreed, Pr was simply giving the comic book explanation for his durability - which falls flat as soon as you apply any real world logic to it.

Although saying that, if his organs etc can withstand internal pressure similar to the depths of the ocean, it DOES mean he has pretty durable insides, no?

Plus, that nifty water hand of his would help heal damage...

-Pr-
Sorry but that doesn't prove anything, being able to take the high pressure under the sea doesn't mean that your body is that durable, it only means that your inner pressure is the same as in the ocean, the same reason why fishes from these depths die as soon as they go too far up, by your explanation a fish from under the sea can tank bazooka shots.

I wasn't saying it was THE reason. Just part of it. So no, that's not the logic I'm using, but if you wanted to get in to it, he can exist both at at he bottom of the ocean and on dry land, and take massive amounts of pressure both internally and externally. It's why he doesn't implode when injured underwater.

He is THAT durable based on feats, even without considering all that.

Aquaman can survive in space too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.