Captain Atom vs WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
So who wins

WWH put down Sentry,

and rocked the east cost with one stomp.

Captain Atom is Captain Atom, a powerhouse in his own right.

Neutral setting let's get it on.

Newjak
I think Captain atom wins.

Just to versatile and has the definitive speed advantage.

Fuzzy Hawkeye
newjak peaches

Mindset
Hulk wins, absorbs CA's energy and become a celestial.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk wins, absorbs CA's energy and become a celestial.
Is that possible?

I think the Hulk has absorbed strange energy before to become stronger hasn't he?

Newjak
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
newjak peaches Red uhuh

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
So who wins

WWH put down Sentry,

and rocked the east cost with one stomp.

Captain Atom is Captain Atom, a powerhouse in his own right.

Neutral setting let's get it on. dur

batdude123
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Yeah because the argument was

We all know Captain Atom was not using his powers with KMC efficiency in their fight so I simply pointed out why that's not so impressive to WWH.

Captain Atom was holding back. That's hardly relevant if you want to speak in terms of a fight between Hulk and Captain Atom.

Captain Atom was actually in character, in character Captain Atom doesn't possess the power to put down WWH.

Captain Atom was holding back because Angie was his girlfriend. The only way this argument would hold any weight is if Banner and Nathaniel started dating.

Then, I'd say you have a point. Captain Atom fighting in character = more than enough to take out Hulk.

I also saw that you mentioned Captain Atom vs. Mary Marvel. And I guess you neglected to mention the fact that Atom was brainwashed in that case, so there goes your "fighting in character" argument.

OOC Captain Atom uses a trick he just discovered 2 years ago to put him down.

Atomic manipulation is hardly necessary when energy absorption will suffice.

And that's not even close to being out of character. In fact, it's one of his main abilities, which is why I said that Captain Atom is custom made to take down Hulk ala Silver Surfer.

Then you commence the Captain Atom street team trumping Monarch feats like they mean something.

I wasn't the one who brought up Monarch. Monarch v. Hulk is overkill.

You mean, where everybody fights like they normally do.

If it helps you sleep at night...

Well considering Greg Pak has the ability to actually make events canon, I tend to give him more leeway/credibility then online fans.

This makes absolutely no sense. It'd be like asking Rob Liefeld to write a Spectre story.

Pak has probably never read a Captain Atom story in his life, and will never be the author of a Captain Atom title. Therefore, his opinion isn't anymore justified than your average schmo.

Guarantee you that I know more about Nathaniel than he does. smile

IOW, out of character.

False. Out of character would be for Captain Atom to go h2h against Hulk while neglecting his energy manipulation powers. That's the only way Hulk would have a legitimate shot at defeating Atom.

In character, Atom rapes Hulk. On KMC, Atom rapes Hulk. Out of character, Atom rapes Hulk. The way Papa Smurph wants Nathaniel to be portrayed... eh, I guess Hulk wins. srug

Papa Smurph
does batdude intentionally say the opposite of the correct answer when he debates?

Considering you mentioned Hulk at World Breaker Levels not even KMC Captain Atom could take him.

Hulk in a brutal stomp 10/10.

If he even TOUCHES Captain Atom, CA would be KO'd.

TricksterPriest
does batdude intentionally say the opposite of the correct answer when he debates?

Considering you mentioned Hulk at World Breaker Levels not even KMC Captain Atom could take him.

If he even TOUCHES Captain Atom, CA would be KO'd. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/hazelanimenut/magicfail7sv.png

You are well on your way to becoming the worst debator on KMC. doped

xmarksthespot
LMFAOx(1/0)

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You are well on your way to becoming the worst debator on KMC. doped He's just got to lose to yo... oh wait... he has. laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos

If he even TOUCHES Captain Atom, CA would be KO'd.

Great use of evidence and debating.

Mindset
Hulk is the strongest there is, that's canon.

Dark-Jaxx
WWH taps into the power of Dragonforce and sends him through the Fire and Flames.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
He's just got to lose to yo... oh wait... he has. laughing out loud oh snap!

Mindset
Hulk has unlimited power.

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Great use of evidence and debating.

What evidence and debating? I pointed out Captain Atom would lose to WWH in WWH (and it's obvious he would) so SmurphSmash!'s ABC claim of Engineer > Captain Atom > WWH holds no water.

I don't see where the argument is besides batdude ducking theoreticals and applying board rules to Comics.

psycho gundam
I'm noticing that papa smurph, tricksterpriest, batdude 123, and symmentric chaos are a volatile combination.

Papa Smurph
I love all my fans/children the same. smile

psycho gundam
to bad it's not mutual.

iceman24567
So who did WWh at World Breaker levels ko again? All i remember was a satellite owning him.

Papa Smurph
Oh most of them are just butthurt over lost debates. smile

Symmetric Chaos
What evidence and debating?

Holy failure to see sarcasm Batman!

I pointed out Captain Atom would lose to WWH in WWH (and it's obvious he would)

No you assume he would. It didn't happen and Hulk lost in the end. Pak could easily have written WWH with Atom involved and had Nate be the one that blasted him into the ground at the end.

You're making baseless, meaningless assumptions.

I don't see where the argument is besides batdude ducking theoreticals and applying board rules to Comics.

Crazy isn't he? It's like he thinks we're on a forum or something.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
I'm noticing that papa smurph, tricksterpriest, batdude 123, and symmentric chaos are a volatile combination.

Nah cool

endrict
Didn't Pr just locked his CA vs WWH thread because it took one post and CA won?

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Crazy isn't he? It's like he thinks we're on a forum or something.

Yeah, and we're arguing about portrayals in comics, we're not arguing powersets, we're dipping into character and intention now, which goes a bit beyond the feat hunting "debates" that these things typically devolve into and require a lil bit of critical thinking. Pak wouldn't have written Captain Atom to beat Hulk and you know it shoooot most of the arc was devoted to hyping up a Sentry/Hulk climax and it was OBVIOUS that, that was the only person who would take him.

Calling out Pak's credibility doesn't really mean much because when writers write the comics they aren't thinking about _____ (feat/rarely used ability/obscure fact from 5 years ago), they're thinking about the average portrayal.

xmarksthespot
I love all my fans/children the same. smile Irony from the name stealing stalker troll.

Captain Atom wins.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk has unlimited power.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/unlimitedpower1.png

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
WWH taps into the power of Dragonforce and sends him through the Fire and Flames. laughing out loud

thought somebody should acknowledge it.

ultimatethor
WB would win but normal wwh would lose on account of energy absorption

Galan007
What evidence and debating? I pointed out Captain Atom would lose to WWH in WWH (and it's obvious he would) Yup...

Their jus beeing teh retardz!! durfist

pr1983
Originally posted by endrict
Didn't Pr just locked his CA vs WWH thread because it took one post and CA won?

and i didnt want to have to close this one too, but, well, sorry newjak...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.